Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,133 members, 7,821,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes (31480 Views)

Courts Reject Old Naira Notes, Turn Lawyers, Litigants Back / CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks / Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Realrealfact: 9:44pm On Feb 12, 2023
SLAP44:

Where are you standing, against your central bank or against your supreme Court? πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by einsteine(m): 9:44pm On Feb 12, 2023
Indispensable85:

The old notes will continue to be the legal tender until it goes out of circulation naturally over time. This is the confidence most of us have. Wait for it.!

What do you think is causing the scarcity? Once the old notes go into the bank, they are no longer coming out. If banks refuse to accept them, people will stop accepting them. Unless a directive is given on Monday, your confidence is misplaced.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:44pm On Feb 12, 2023
Aldol:

Toh, maybe na for east
In Lagos I spent a lot of old notes even today

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by figment232(m): 9:45pm On Feb 12, 2023
TheSameGuy:
Majority are still spending the old notes.

Where
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Doracity82(m): 9:45pm On Feb 12, 2023
Jack500:
This is nonsense and propaganda, stop instilling fear in people.

In Ile-ife, Osun state, people are still transacting with the old money.

You said people should deposit old money in bank, where is the new ones to replace them.

Na Ogun go kill Emefiele last last, useless ibo slave.
May Amadioha destroy your wretched family. Emefiele na Igbo now abi, Confused afonja

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by OgaTheTop2: 9:46pm On Feb 12, 2023
Everything will fall into place. New notes has come to stay for good .
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by baralatie(m): 9:46pm On Feb 12, 2023
TheSameGuy:
Majority are still spending the old notes.

You dey mind them

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by ukenke: 9:46pm On Feb 12, 2023
Which denomination?

SoBright101:
But i spend old note today
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Belleful: 9:47pm On Feb 12, 2023
Nigerians should wise up. No need taking the old notes to the bank. We should just be spending it among ourselves, let's see what we happen.
To those rejecting it, if they have the new ones with them, they should help us with it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Menclothing: 9:48pm On Feb 12, 2023
If I give u old note no take am.will.leave
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by baralatie(m): 9:49pm On Feb 12, 2023
ukenke:
Which denomination?

Her in Lagos
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Moseshasss: 9:49pm On Feb 12, 2023
NIGERIANS AIM FOOLS....

THE ONLY INSTITUTION THAT WILL MAKE NIGERIANS ACCEPT OR REJECT NAIRA OLD OR NEW IS THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA NOT SUPREME COURT..

FOR CBN TO KEEP MUTE...AFTER THE COURT INJUNCTION ...MEANS YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:50pm On Feb 12, 2023
MrEverest:
Nobody accepts old notes in the East anymore. Commercial transporters, fuel stations, markets or shops etc.

There is no need extending the date since the masses has already implemented the fiscal reforms πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Masses implement what?
You southeasterners like judging the whole country by the yardstick of how una Dey operate. And also don’t forget that you people like punishing one another. But over here in Lagos and my home state of Edo we are still spending the old notes like say time dey. Abeg if you get the ones wey you no want again help me send to Lagos, I will be responsible for the weigh bill
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Elsueno: 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2023
Indispensable85:

Na CBN be ASUU for dis game. They'll be disgraced eventually. Save this!

Unfortunately, u guys are attacking d wrong person....These Emifiele of a guy na loyal to d boss kind of dude. Buhari is d one behind this redesign naira thing.....Unless people can get to Buhari, all these supreme court shyt, is a waste of time. Even bat can't do shyt unfortunately

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2023
Moseshasss:
NIGERIANS AIM FOOLS....

THE ONLY INSTITUTION THAT WILL MAKE NIGERIANS ACCEPT OR REJECT NAIRA OLD OR NEW IS THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA NOT SUPREME COURT..

FOR CBN TO KEEP MUTE...AFTER THE COURT INJUNCTION ...MEANS YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN...
You definitely have no idea the might of power that the people wield. You have no idea
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Almaigaa: 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2023
SLAP44:

Against the CBN policy? grin

Banana Republic

You must be referring to Biafra grin grin

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by baralatie(m): 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2023
All of you that still have the old note and don't won't to spend it.
Abeg send it to me
I know how to spend it well

Wether it is #1000 or #500 or #200
Bring am
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Bhella5(m): 9:54pm On Feb 12, 2023
Alarmists
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:55pm On Feb 12, 2023
Jahwinaboy:
For PH, everybody still dey use old notes without complain so far
except for shopping malls that only take transfers
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by baralatie(m): 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2023
Elsueno:

Unfortunately, u guys are attacking d wrong person....These Emifiele of a guy na loyal to d boss kind of dude. Buhari is d one behind this redesign naira thing.....Unless people can get to Buhari, all these supreme court shyt, is a waste of time. Even bat can't do shyt unfortunately
E go reach stage emefiele go run leave naija for buhari!
She be e run the first time.
Chill!
E go disappear now
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by dododawa1: 10:01pm On Feb 12, 2023
figment232:
Where
OGA, everywhere
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by ajani1978(m): 10:02pm On Feb 12, 2023
MrEverest:
Nobody accepts old notes in the East anymore. Commercial transporters, fuel stations, markets or shops etc.

There is no need extending the date since the masses has already implemented the fiscal reforms πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I left Owerri today I use old notes pay my transport. Stop lies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Holav(m): 10:10pm On Feb 12, 2023
Shey dey use lie and propaganda do nairaland ni people still dey spend old money,even some people still dey beg person wey get old money 4 hand just to spend.

People here in lagos nothing concern them with deadline again everybody dey find cash even if na old or new to spend,
If cbn like they should set deadlines tomorrow nothing concern anybody again.
Jack500:
This is nonsense and propaganda, stop instilling fear in people.

In Ile-ife, Osun state, people are still transacting with the old money.

You said people should deposit old money in bank, where is the new ones to replace them.

Na Ogun go kill Emefiele last last, useless ibo slave.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Opintiwa: 10:36pm On Feb 12, 2023
Tflex01:

You people want this country to burn to the ground so that it can pave way for your candidate's victory at the poll.

You will all be disappointed. grin

I am not a corn fool ask your neighbor

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Goalnaldo(m): 10:38pm On Feb 12, 2023
In Benin, were still spending old notes. I gave a conductor the new 500 he rejected it. I was shocked!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by bigtt76(f): 10:39pm On Feb 12, 2023
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by joefelin2345: 10:50pm On Feb 12, 2023
SLAP44:
Confused federal government, the banks are rejecting old naira notes since Friday evening and your supreme Court wants people to continue to spend it?

Do we have 2 different economies inside the same Nigeria.
Don't worry, Femi Adeshina had once advised those might still having the Old Currency in their hands should create their own economy. That's what we are witnessing now. Good luck to them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by jelel6: 11:00pm On Feb 12, 2023
Majority of Nigerians ke, Maybe Emefiele, CBN and their naive sympatizers now constitute majority of Nigerians.

In Edo, Auchi and environs precisely, I've transacted using old notes with bikemen, supermarkets, petty traders, POS attendants, fuel stations, as recently as today, NOT one person has refused or even hesitated to collect them.

The ratio of old to new notes in my vicinity is like 98:2, and I suspect that's the same situation everywhere else in the country. People saying there's mass rejection of the old currency are either lying outrightly or exaggerating the true state of things.

After CBN's admission of facing unprecedented challenges, including scarcity of printing papers, this phasing out of the old currencies can be rightly described as complete and outer shambles. Hence, I'd really question the sanity of Emefieles, his cronies at CBN and their newfound supporters if they think the old notes can possibly seize to be a legal tender after February 15.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Backpedal: 11:01pm On Feb 12, 2023
Indispensable85:

Bush pig fvck off
Ok
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Backpedal: 11:02pm On Feb 12, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
You definitely have no idea the might of power that the people wield. You have no idea

Power of the people against the central bank ?

I dey laugh
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by jelel6: 11:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
figment232:
Where

Everywhere - even in your very own locality.

Abi you wan say you have more new notes than old notes in your own possession? If so, you're probably a banker, a government official, or somebody with means to CBN vaults.
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by qleap2all(m): 11:15pm On Feb 12, 2023
which Nigerians? fake news

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise / How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? / Conversation With Sanusi On "New" Currency Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.