Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes (31427 Views)

Courts Reject Old Naira Notes, Turn Lawyers, Litigants Back / CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks / Nigerians Shun Pos Transactions Over Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Nchenches: 11:18pm On Feb 12, 2023
Anarchy looming?
It's becoming like truth what Tinubu urchinss boast that Tinubu influenced the appointment of most of the Supreme Court judges.
This is the more reason why voters in Nigeria need to vote overwhelmingly for one presidential candidate, so that the Supreme Court will have no choice but uphold the majority wish of Nigeria's voters.
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Rutherford2019: 11:24pm On Feb 12, 2023
In SW old notes are legal tender
In SE,SS and North it has ceased to exist
If you know you know
Tinubu will join Yoruba nation movement after February 25th

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Nwulu333: 11:27pm On Feb 12, 2023
one fool here is talking about the east and fiscal policy, what do you know?
Right here in Aba Abia state we are collecting the old notes both keke and fuel stations. Aba no dey carry last. some places here in Aba reject the new notes because the fake ones is too much. there is no new 200 naira in circulation and because of that all the old notes is LEGAL TENDER HERE IN ABA.
some idiots deposited old notes and came back to withdraw it in POS. MAD PEOPLE EVERYWHERE.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Jack500: 11:34pm On Feb 12, 2023
Doracity82:
May Amadioha destroy your wretched family. Emefiele na Igbo now abi, Confused afonja

E pain am grin grin
Useless cow, go and hang yourself
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by CartelKenneth: 11:38pm On Feb 12, 2023
Useless country
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Jack500: 11:39pm On Feb 12, 2023
felzokugo:

Foolish yoruba bigot...if osun people get sense dem go follow suit wit wat odas are doing with d yeye new note frm d confused govt. Y are yorubas so selfish n stupid like dis..dey can't jus take a simple stand. Useless saboteurs.

Follow suit to suffer?

We should submit old notes, when their is no new to spend? No we are not foolish like you people
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Jack500: 11:41pm On Feb 12, 2023
G00DHardDick:

Did the FG ordered Bank to go on holiday before? Werey. When Bank opens tomorrow, go and deposit your old Naira note na let's see.

I will deposit it and show you the teller. Goat.
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Ancestortinubu: 11:46pm On Feb 12, 2023
He is not serving under ibo leader, he's nor ibo man, he's from delta
Why calling him ibo slave? Why your heart do bitter for ibo? Ibo have been doing exceptionally great without politics all these years in Nigeria. They will continue doing great after 2023 event without taking power 2023. You are useless for live because of politicians you people assume your God. Your frustration will continue beyond 2023 even if Atiku or kola Abiola wins. Stop the hate. Brainwashed mororn.

quote author=Jack500 post=120857638]This is nonsense and propaganda, stop instilling fear in people.

In Ile-ife, Osun state, people are still transacting with the old money.

You said people should deposit old money in bank, where is the new ones to replace them.

Na Ogun go kill Emefiele last last, useless ibo slave. [/quote]
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by joyousever(f): 12:05am On Feb 13, 2023
You spoke my mind exactly! Here in Lagos, no rejection of any notes, as the new ones aren't available to be replaced. So life and activities continue on steady gear!
Emefiele, you'll sure reap the pain you subected Nigerians to, in full measure!
You can't run away from it, even if you run to America, Karma knows your address!

Jack500 f
b
:
This is nonsense and ct, stop instilling fear in people.

You said people should deposit old money in bank, where is the new ones to replace them.

Na Ogun go kill Emefiele last last, useless ibo slave.
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by DlegendofGarden(m): 12:27am On Feb 13, 2023
Power belongs to the people
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by KalakutaRepub: 12:36am On Feb 13, 2023
@Moh247 I see thar your post was reported and deleted by the mod. That's good. You go too far over simple politics jabs. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

No one mentioned tribe only APC vs APC and you overreacted with the usual tribal jingle. You present Yorubas in a bad light and people like you should be expelled to form your own tribe with Tinubu as your leader.
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Bfly: 1:58am On Feb 13, 2023
Is the position of Emefiele so immune?
Or is this Buhari Madness or senate?

Must you subjugate people because you want the best for them?

I can't still understand this whole thing it looks like the politicians have conquered the soul of the masses.
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by olibeans: 2:00am On Feb 13, 2023
Me, I collect USD or USDT now.

I don't collect Naira anymore in my online transactions.

₦aira is no longer reliable and dependable cos once it enters your account, you can't withdraw money.
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Yankee101: 3:06am On Feb 13, 2023
It is done
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Thebigheart: 3:15am On Feb 13, 2023
ganisucks:

I just dey laff. APC don't know what CBN actually did. Ask any sensible economist, and she or he will educate you on the landmines Emefiele dropped in this policy.

That's true bro, i stopped to argue with people who doesn't understand what this policy is all about.
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by ozo13(m): 3:45am On Feb 13, 2023
MrEverest:
Nobody accepts old notes in the East anymore. Commercial transporters, fuel stations, markets or shops etc.

There is no need extending the date since the masses has already implemented the fiscal reforms πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I spent almost 11k old note in span of 24hours .less than 2k remaining.Although, most filling stations here are rejecting it.
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by ozo13(m): 3:46am On Feb 13, 2023
Thebigheart:

That's true bro, i stopped to argue with people who doesn't understand what this policy is all about.
please educate some of us.i like to learn sha.
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by arantess: 4:13am On Feb 13, 2023
Moh247:
Some Nigerians, infact very few Nigerians
Confused clown 🀑🀑🀑🀑
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by felzokugo(m): 4:18am On Feb 13, 2023
Tflex01:

We will still vote Tinubu
Who be we?
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Doracity82(m): 4:45am On Feb 13, 2023
Jack500:

E pain am grin grin
Useless cow, go and hang yourself
Efulefu refugee
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by KeyEndurance: 5:53am On Feb 13, 2023
WAHALA for those that have money
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Chochovini: 5:56am On Feb 13, 2023
[quote author=MrEverest post=120853142]Nobody accepts old notes in the East anymore. Commercial transporters, fuel stations, markets or shops etc.

There is no need extending the date since the masses has already implemented the fiscal reforms . Then the big question is β€œAre the new notes available for transactions?
Problem is, some people have not even touched the new currency since its introduction yet rejecting the old one.
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by SanctusBenedict(m): 5:56am On Feb 13, 2023
Here in Bayelsa, we still spend old notes like kilode...
Nobody dey reject am at all. The issue is just that both new and old notes are madly scarce....
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Chochovini: 6:06am On Feb 13, 2023
Some are still collecting= Appex Court order. Some have stop collecting = Appex Bank order. Confusions everywhere. More like a House divided against itself. APC All Progressive Confusion.
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by engrchykae(m): 6:08am On Feb 13, 2023
Jack500:
This is nonsense and propaganda, stop instilling fear in people.

Na Ogun go kill Emefiele last last, useless ibo slave.
and it will be well with buhari your master
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Tremple8v: 6:10am On Feb 13, 2023
Still spending the old note here at otta .
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by kelly72: 6:18am On Feb 13, 2023
Here in Owerri and indeed all the SE, the old notes are history. I now see people resorting to the lower denominations and they have adapted to life already.

So if you are a vote buyer, please come with new notes only, bullion van loads of old N100 notes.

Take notice that one vote costs N500,000 only.

You're welcome.
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Myself2(m): 6:38am On Feb 13, 2023
E no reach ??

The justices at the supreme court better take note that Nigerians are fast losing confidence in their judgements and are beginning to doubt them. How does one explain some of their recent judgements such as the annulment of the Imo governorship election, where they sacked the man that came first and went for the man that came 4th, thereby producing the supreme court governor aka Hope Uzodinma. How about their most recent judgements in which they sacked the authentic winners of the senatorial primaries that INEC observed and went ahead and declared an Akpabio and a Lawan that did not participate in the senatorial primaries of their parties but rather participated in the presidential primaries as winners ?

How can they explain such confusing and irrational judgements ? So I am not surprised that Nigerians are ignoring them on their faulty naira redesign and swap judgement in which they did not join CBN as respondents and they are expecting CBN to obey the judgement.
Well me I no be lawyer but I no need to be lawyer to know say those supreme court justices don fall hand with some of their confusing judgements, therefore people no go trust dem as before
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by ozo13(m): 7:04am On Feb 13, 2023
Rutherford2019:
In SW old notes are legal tender
In SE,SS and North it has ceased to exist
If you know you know
Tinubu will join Yoruba nation movement after February 25th
I spent almost 11k of old note cash in far away north precisely kebbi state.this is the remaining amount from the old 11k from the pix.also the perfume is part of what I bought with the said amount

Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Albertgr8: 7:06am On Feb 13, 2023
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by oluwarotimi504: 7:48am On Feb 13, 2023
Where are you standing, against your central bank or against your supreme Court? πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜†Where are you standing, against your central bank or against your supreme Court? πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...
Re: Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes by Lovenorth: 7:53am On Feb 13, 2023
The supreme court should come and force me to accept the old notes case closed cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naira Depreciates By β‚¦β€Ž81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market / Naira Gains as Nigeria’s Central Bank Boosts Dollar Supplies - Bloomberg / Aliko Dangote Dances Zanko To Teni's Song In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.