Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis (18633 Views)

Naira Swap: Rivers, Sokoto, Bayelsa And Lagos Join Suit Against FG / Ijaws Move To Join Suit Seeking Exit Of South-East From Nigeria / Nine States, Other Commands Get New Police Commissioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by Komu1048(m): 11:05am On Feb 15, 2023
Qtrpst4:
If they like all the 36 states should join, buhari will not obey it and Nair's will not be available until after election. Tifnubu will not buy votes and his tears will be plenty.

I am waiting for his wail after the election
He must congratulate obi by force.

Buhari did not obey court order that released prophet MNK and you were happy and now because your oracle is crying you want me to join you to criticise OUR DARLING DADDY
no way
Sai buhari

U dey craze, u think this is politics. Una wey dey Oyibo land they throw stone. Remember your family dey naija ooo
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by Workch: 11:06am On Feb 15, 2023
All APC states 🀣🀣
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by Teenaira: 11:08am On Feb 15, 2023
Qtrpst4:
If they like all the 36 states should join, buhari will not obey it and Nair's will not be available until after election. Tifnubu will not buy votes and his tears will be plenty.

I am waiting for his wail after the election
He must congratulate obi by force

It is actually your Obi that needs to buy votes. Obi does not have any base, the megarasky you see on twitter is just an attempt at a blackmail. If Tinubu decides to withdraw from the elections today, Atiku will automatically become the president of the federal republic of Nigeria and If the CBN stops all banks from issuing new naira notes to ANYBODY from today, Tinubu will still win and become the President of the federal republic of Nigeria come may 29. The truth is that all politicians buy votes. Invariably and i am very sure, Obi will one way or the other buy votes in this election of 25th february . Even the Federal government knows that you can not just wake up one day and cancel an inherent culture. Vote buying has been one of our political reality occasioned by massive poverty in the land which will take time and efforts to stop. This is the reality we need to leave with for now.

2 Likes

Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by austinvsb: 11:11am On Feb 15, 2023
Buddha3:

President Muhammadu Buhari has spent the bulk of his years in office making policies that have been detrimental to the South and Christians in general, yet the lots of you applauded him, labeling him the best thing after God's beloved son!

Today you're here lamenting because those of us who have been complaining about his incompetence since 2015, have suddenly decided to borrow a leaf from your operational manual.. ?

You're ment and you have no one to tell you! No single individual has the monopoly of stupidity. If they like, they can remove and add anybody they want to the originating summons, this policy must stand until after the elections! Let us all ment together in this country that you people have rubbished in the name of party loyalty!

Dude, I know this might be difficult for you obidients but try to do due diligence before going on a tangent with false accusations. I have been on nairaland since 2010 and my posts are visible to all!

This false assumptions and generalizations are why you guys are dangerous

1 Like

Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by Oluwomonext212(m): 11:12am On Feb 15, 2023
You get ! And they are using that to manipulate the people against the government to cause unrest in order to extend the deadline.
bottlewater1:

𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆 π’ˆπ’π’—π’†π’“π’π’π’“π’” π’‰π’Šπ’…π’† π’•π’‰π’†π’Šπ’“ π’…π’Šπ’“π’• π’ƒπ’†π’‰π’Šπ’π’… 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 π’”π’–π’‡π’†π’“π’Šπ’π’ˆ
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by Qtrpst4: 11:13am On Feb 15, 2023
The you added "one way or the other" means that you know you are lying

So enjoy you lie

We no dey give shishi
Teenaira:

It is actually your Obi that needs to buy votes. Obi does not have any base, the megarasky you see on twitter is just an attempt at a blackmail. If Tinubu decides to withdraw from the elections today, Atiku will automatically become the president of the federal republic of Nigeria and If the CBN stops all banks from issuing new naira notes to ANYBODY from today, Tinubu will still win and become the President of the federal republic of Nigeria come may 29. The truth is that all politicians buy votes. Invariably and i am very sure, Obi will one way or the other buy votes in this election of 25th february . Even the Federal government knows that you can not just wake up one day and cancel an inherent culture. Vote buying has been one of our political reality occasioned by massive poverty in the land which will take time and efforts to stop. This is the reality we need to leave with for now.
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by Qtrpst4: 11:14am On Feb 15, 2023
Go home and tell your father that hem dey craze
Komu1048:

U dey craze, u think this is politics. Una wey dey Oyibo land they throw stone. Remember your family dey naija ooo
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by Qtrpst4: 11:15am On Feb 15, 2023
I don't care, tht tifnubu is crying and you are crying makes me feel alright
Tareq1105:

So Tinubu is the reason why you're like this? At times I wonder what people like you have in your heads. When was the last time you see Tinubu, Atiku, Obi kwakwaso in any bank? That's my answer to your vindictive mind.
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 15, 2023
brainpulse:

They are the herd mentality people. They do not reason at all. They are controlled

all of a sudden the governors care about the masses
same masses they could not help when hardship almost finished people during lockdown
you guys are not serious. the reason governors are all up and running on this is cause it affects them personally. they dont give a fccx about you urchins
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by PStacks(m): 11:17am On Feb 15, 2023
Why has Wike Not Joined?
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by mikool007(m): 11:17am On Feb 15, 2023
God has used this mans stubbornness to favour us for once
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 15, 2023
austinvsb:

Dude, I know this might be difficult for you obidients but try to do due diligence before going on a tangent with false accusations. I have been on nairaland since 2010 and my posts are visible to all!

This false assumptions and generalizations are why you guys are dangerous

Whether we're dangerous and evil doesn't change anything. Anybody who sees the need to complain today over this policy, after spending years applauding the same Buhari for crippling our National existence, is simply an idiot of immense proportions!

Buhari must finish what he has started! And if we vex, we go join hands vote Tinubu make una suffer extend! I'll repeat it again, this country belongs to all of us. So if you folks have decided to ruin it, let us join hands and ruin it.

This has nothing to do with Peter Obi. A lot of Nigerians have lived in frustration since 2015 and have sought avenues to release the pent-up energy. Obi just happens to be the only convenience we're recognising in this electoral circle. But bastards are still propelling a dying Tinubu to continue from where the Daura failure is stopping. Haba! Na curse?
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by CaseD(m): 11:27am On Feb 15, 2023
Agbadocassava:
Na only Tinubu Dey affect according to obid!ots but their mama for village Neva see money chop since.

Ona
good morning

As if you de feed your mama before nowπŸ™„
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by Komu1048(m): 11:28am On Feb 15, 2023
Qtrpst4:
I will go home and tell my father that hem dey craze
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by olumide4christ: 11:28am On Feb 15, 2023
austinvsb:

This Obidient Mob is really dangerous!! Supporting an Anti-people and illegal policy because you hate one person goes to show how you people will act if (God forbid) Peter Obi wins the election.

If for instance, Obi makes a policy that affects the whole country but affects Hausa/Fulani people the most, you all will callously support it because "it will make the North people suffer"

WTAF!

You can say that again!

There are even reports of some of them planning to take over properties of Yorubas in Lagos if Obi wins. I first read it here on Nairaland and then one of our contractors told me such statement was made by an Igbo landlord after one of their Landlords Association meeting at Okota, Isolo area of Lagos. This contractor is a landlord in that association and it was a fellow landlord who is his friend and Igbo who interpreted what the landlord in question said to this contractor.

Things are happening and only the discerning can understand what's going on.
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by heykims(m): 11:32am On Feb 15, 2023
Truthdeypain:

E no go better for you father mother and children.

Oloriburuku omo ale!
Are u using that to justify your family curse where u guys turn dumb and useless with aging?
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by udemzyudex(m): 11:36am On Feb 15, 2023
Waste of time, CBN still dey owe dem for blokos.
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by freedomchild: 11:43am On Feb 15, 2023
Oluwomonext212:
Election will go before the hearing begins…. I understand the pressure on an average citizens, but Buhari na Supreme Court on his own, and he knew those politicians more than us. I have been queuing up to buy petrol since September 2022 and no single governor sued the federal government ! Prior to election they started caring about us. Make dem leave us go face the ballot first… we will survive
I dey tell you
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by sukar886: 11:44am On Feb 15, 2023
Only criminals and looter will join
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by HappyRabbi: 11:46am On Feb 15, 2023
We sell Data at cheap and affordable rates

MTN 1 gig -280
2gb - 570

Glo 1gb- 400
2gig 750

Airtel 1gig - 350
2gig 570

Other prices also available
30 days validity

0-8-1-4-7-0-1-8-5-4-8
Contact us
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by baralatie(m): 12:01pm On Feb 15, 2023
undecided
What does it mean that Edo state and bayelsa state are joined as co respondents

Wetin consign diri as respondent
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by geladinho1(m): 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2023
inoki247:
Lol anybody wey like make he join suit my own be sha make me av access to my money....

And the fools wey dey support the policies telling us to du transfer I hope you're not using Nigeria Network to du ur own transfer cos MTN off Network yesterday....

And I also pray u no fall for Police hand this period na dere u go know say police no dey colet transfer or old note if not na jail u go sleep even on election day rendering ur PVC useless....
Hahahaha especially UBA
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by 9jii(m): 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2023
EdiskyHarry:
How come no one is talking about fuel scarcity?
How come no politician is talking about the hike in prices of everything in Nigeria for years now.
But only naira swap
I don't know how backward your thinking is but you get money first before looking to buy fuel.
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by histemple: 12:32pm On Feb 15, 2023
It beats my imagination why Edo and Bayelsa are joining as Respondents.
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by ambale(m): 12:49pm On Feb 15, 2023
haybhi1:
Old note is withdrawn from you, new notes are exempted from you. Bank apps and transfers activities are fluctuating. Tertiary hospital only collect cash and never transfers, so patients' chances of dying surge.

CBN says it's doing all these to prevent election manipulation, yet intentionally distressing the lives of the people you claim to want to protect. In fact, are all security entities responsible for the cause against election manipulation handicapped that it's now left for CBN, whose primary duty is to ensure guided pecuniary stability in the nation, to be the avant-garde?

Meanwhile, fuel is expensive and in dire scarcity. Yet, in all these, some lots, who are equally feeling the distress have a stance that there are no better measures, since they think it's going to favour their candidate that people are suffering, and such is a great case for the campaign. You can't help but imagine how dafter an enclosed lot can, like they are gunner for award of the most daft.

Such a hard time to be a Nigerian.

Anyway, shout out to every Nigerian out there, from the ones eking out a living to the ones who appears to be having it soft. We'll be fully fine someday.

Were you this critical of the government in the last seven years?

If not goan sleep
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by ReubenE(m): 12:56pm On Feb 15, 2023
EdiskyHarry post=120924145:
How come no one is talking about fuel scarcity?

How come no politician is talking about the hike in prices of everything in Nigeria for years now.
But only naira swap
Whether for good or bad reason, it is disheartening to note some people are willfully led to believe the governors are fighting in the interest of the people. Fuel scarcity has been on for months, yet none of the governors consider that as a good fight to engage in the interest of the people.

2 Likes

Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by femagj(m): 1:17pm On Feb 15, 2023
austinvsb:

This Obidient Mob is really dangerous!! Supporting an Anti-people and illegal policy because you hate one person goes to show how you people will act if (God forbid) Peter Obi wins the election.

If for instance, Obi makes a policy that affects the whole country but affects Hausa/Fulani people the most, you all will callously support it because "it will make the North people suffer"
There is no way Obi can win this election. Only a fool will even dream that Obi will win
WTAF!
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by Iwedunloye: 1:20pm On Feb 15, 2023
salbis:
1. University students were out of classes for about 8 months.
2. Perennial shortage of PMS.
3. Killing, maiming and kidnapping of poor farmers and travelers by herdsmen, bandits and kidnappers.
4. Hoarding of palliatives donated by privates sectors and some goodwill persons.
5. Police harassment (End SARS).
6. Inflation on double figures.
7. High rate of unemployment. Etc...

They didn't bat an eyelid when poor Nigerians were going through all these.
Why are they crying more than the bereaved?

We have been coping all these years yet we are not dead. These few months will not kill us.......

VOTE WISELY!

No be person wey see New note go go school, wetin you wan use chop if new note doesn’t circulate…Or those in the rural areas who don’t have access to banks and good internet network how will they go about their daily transaction
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by XLence: 1:26pm On Feb 15, 2023
quinox947:
Why are the Attorney Generals of Edo and Bayelsa respondents?

Game of interest not intellect like most folks here have failed to realize. By the next adjournment date, more states will seek to join. PDP is backing the arm of APC in support of currency swap. This issue will not be resolved until after the elections. CBN either reverses itself or PMB issues an executive order; to help the suffering masses.

1 Like

Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by vatiqan(m): 1:35pm On Feb 15, 2023
brainpulse:
Very good one. This are governors that are responsible to the masses unlike those that chose to play politics with this policy.
Especially El Rufai and Yahaya Bello, I guess? You guys must to have sense by fire by force!
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by Sheggy13(m): 2:02pm On Feb 15, 2023
heykims:
These are the stares that care about the welfare of their citizens, others largely stand for the political gains. E no better for citizens and politicians supporting this Emefiele's abysmal naira exchange policy.
Not all of them listed there. Infact Edo and Bayelsa state are actually indirectly representing CBN/FG. They're counter-suing the other states like Kaduna, Kogi and Zamfara that took the FG to supreme court. They've turned it to a PDP vs APC thing thinking this new note policy will make their candidate Atiku win.
Re: Nine States Join Suit On Naira Swap Crisis by FireUpNow(m): 3:49pm On Feb 15, 2023
What will be the outcome? Suing the FG and CBN gob I not enough. Let them be deceiving the Masses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached / Aregbesola Inspects Fly-over Bridge Of Oba Adesoji Aderemi Road / Niger Delta Struggle And Dream Country Is Not Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.