Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN (41836 Views)

El-Rufai: FG Slowing Down Efforts Of North-West Governors To End Banditry / Breaking News!! Nigeria Is Already Destroyed .. / Biafra: We Have Already Destroyed Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu Fires Back At Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by ogwumgbe: 5:09am On Feb 16, 2023
lexy2014:

are you benefitting from the "sucker punch by emefiele"?

Yes I am, the sucker punch is bringing sanity to the system, has reduced kidnapping drastically, with time, corruption will fizzle out since bank transfers will be monitored, that's a nice policy, kudos to the genius
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by lexy2014: 6:05am On Feb 16, 2023
ogwumgbe:

Yes I am, the sucker punch is bringing sanity to the system, has reduced kidnapping drastically, with time, corruption will fizzle out since bank transfers will be monitored, that's a nice policy, kudos to the genius

You still haven't stated how you are benefitting from the sucker punch.

Which sanity has it brought to "the system"? Which system are you referring?

How is naira scarcity sanity? How is people queuing from morning till night firccash sanity?

Who is the "genius"?

Is it the job of cbn to stop kidnapping and corruption?
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by blabulu2000: 6:08am On Feb 16, 2023
PeterObi4LP:
Emefiele should not release any more money till after election. Nigerians have endure almost 8yrs of hardship and COVID-19, so few weeks of the naira swap won't kill them.

Foolish comment
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by duro4chang(m): 6:19am On Feb 16, 2023
Geopex:

It will require 12months to have mint that will print 1trillion naira
It means no proper planning at the beginning.
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by duro4chang(m): 6:23am On Feb 16, 2023
harmargedon:
ask your banks, or was it CBN
Can't you keep quiet if you don't know what to say. Everyone reading your comments will see you as someone who reasons like a baby. 'Go to your politicians ' , 'Go to your CBN', etc all these do not make sense.
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by PeterObi4LP: 6:33am On Feb 16, 2023
Peterobifailed:
it will never be well with my entire lineage

Read your post and say Amen to your prayer.
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by PeterObi4LP: 6:37am On Feb 16, 2023
Kog45:
Just cos you believed naira redesigning is to nail Tinubu and people should continue suffering abi....do not worry everybody eyes go clear soon.

Is Tinubu the only corrupt politician in Nigeria? Why do you guys live in guit? All state governors and political office holders are corrupt. So the naira redesign is not for anybody but to borst our economic and give value to our currency
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by Ken4Christ: 6:50am On Feb 16, 2023
nairavsdollars:
The governors should lobby the National Assembly to impeach Buhari.

Leprous National Assembly?
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by Ken4Christ: 6:53am On Feb 16, 2023
ogwumgbe:

You are very wicked. You love the way people are suffering. I am very sure that you don't have a family or dependent relatives.

I pray that Benin and Warri boys anger will not be released on you.
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by oladeebo: 7:04am On Feb 16, 2023
Ejikeecaso:

Which fire pls?
....if the federal government refused to back down then Buhari and others emefiele included will end up in PR. after PR.
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by harmargedon: 7:07am On Feb 16, 2023
duro4chang:
Can't you keep quiet if you don't know what to say. Everyone reading your comments will see you as someone who reasons like a baby. 'Go to your politicians ' , 'Go to your CBN', etc all these do not make sense.
thats the answer dumb people get, were you expecting me to spend my precious time feeding your watery brains with information that you could have figured out before now.

Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by sirdick17: 7:17am On Feb 16, 2023
PeterObi4LP:
Emefiele should not release any more money till after election. Nigerians have endure almost 8yrs of hardship and COVID-19, so few weeks of the naira swap won't kill them.

See what hatred for one person has turn u to.
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by Maxxim: 7:17am On Feb 16, 2023
nameo:

But who is talking about coins here na , Bros

We are talking of #200 old notes please. Plus all denominations of the new notes

So I ask again: is there any other problem now?
Why did the govt re-introduced the coins when it has no worth and usefulness (sign of unserious government with no vision),
why make cash to be scarce when it actually has no effect on the politicians who they claimed it was aimed at, (if kidnappers could claim they have containers of cash, trust the politicians already have their storage full)
Which is more safer and easier to carry btw a bag of 1k note resulting to 1m and multiple bags of 200 of same amount.
Even a person with low iq knows this is just a deliberate move to keep the masses vulnerable to selling their votes.
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by nameo: 7:23am On Feb 16, 2023
nameo:
Lolz... E be like say Buhari don carry Tinubu and these APC Govs handicap

If this is true, then it is clear that Buhari has intelligence that most of the monies kept by Tinubu and APC Govs for vote buying are in the higher denominations(#1000 and #500), so he is now telling them that they have been destroyed. This of course means that they can no longer be recirculated to the public and hence are no longer legal tender. But the old #200 notes can be re-circulated to the public to ease the suffering of people.

Smart move!!!

The Govs know that at this point they cannot continue to use the "people" to pursue their selfish aim of vote buying. The people can use the old #200 notes as well as the new notes. But the billions of naira in #1000 and #500 that were kept will become useless and cannot be deployed for vote buying as voters cannot accept monies that no other person or institution(including banks) would accept.

Buhari na real guyman if this is true.

So Buhari just confirmed this.

The old #200 notes will remain legal tender, along with all the denominations of the neq notes, until April 10. So the cash crunch affecting ordinary people will be eased.

But the old #1000 and #500 notes will no longer be legal tenders which implies that they will no longer be accepted by anyone altho they can still be redeemed at the central bank after filling some documents.

Like i said yesterday, Buhari obviously haa intelligence that the billions of old notes that some politicians kept for vote buying are in the #1000 and #500 denominations. It can no longer be used for vote buying again and they would even need to explain when they try to exchange it at the CBN.

This new decision is a master class. The APC Govs can no longer complain cos the "excuse" of the suffering of the people has been taken care of whilst preventing vote buying using the old naira notes
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by Vatod(m): 8:16am On Feb 16, 2023
DARLYNBOI:

I wish u can find out the danger of allowing a drug lord to lead sane people like you

Resist any candidate that believe in the power of money to have his way.

Resist corruption of any kind

Resist Agberoism

Resist poverty and inflation.

Watch God to finish His work on this nation.
Why not arresting him instead, why not charging him to court and stop him from running, there are better options than playing all this honking ponking games, I don’t have preferred candidate because I don’t believe in anyone of them…
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by PeterObi4LP: 8:24am On Feb 16, 2023
sirdick17:

See what hatred for one person has turn u to.

And who is the person?
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by PeterObi4LP: 8:24am On Feb 16, 2023
blabulu2000:

Foolish comment

Bulaba Yoro Muslim
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by mankan2k7(m): 9:00am On Feb 16, 2023
This useless dwaf suddenly became friend of the masses. When bag of rice turned to 50k, all these idiots are not reacting, when they killed Deborah unjustly, killed southern Kaduna people, killed thousands in Benue and Zamfara they refused to defend the helpless masses. Now that their stored up money is about to be wasted, they suddenly became d friend of the masses. Thunder strikes all of them
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by ogwumgbe: 9:00am On Feb 16, 2023
Ken4Christ:

You are very wicked. You love the way people are suffering. I am very sure that you don't have a family or dependent relatives.

I pray that Benin and Warri boys anger will not be released on you.

Chei, Igbos are great people, sit at home for almost two years now yet the economy is still not affected, if Igbos leave that country it will collapse like a house hit by devastating earth quake, just not up one month and they are already feeling the heat and agitating here and there. They should bear the pain and make sacrifices for a better future.
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by adebimpe4bako: 9:47am On Feb 16, 2023
Let's discuss these things after the elections pleaseLet's discuss these things after the elections please...
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by sharone21(f): 9:49am On Feb 16, 2023
fineboynl:
The old 200 and 500 should be use. Only the 1000 shouldn't be released. But bank should accept deposits of 1000.

This whole suffering will end within 3days

The suffering will end in batches...50% of new notes will come out after Saturday 25th Presidential election....After the gubernatorial election in March, the remaining 50% will come out.

Emefiele is a real Delta pikin and they are best in: Law...
Media....Banking....

If he didn't get some of his policies right by 'muguishly' following his adopted dad, he will get this one right ooo at least just to leave Nigerians with good memories of himself and his 'dad'.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by Exceed15: 10:36am On Feb 16, 2023
TheSameGuy:
I keep loving Malam Nasir El Rufai.

Very brilliant, bold and fearless.

God bless you sir.

For his own gain n detriment of ur future.. did he fight like this during ASUU strike?
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by MiaBeer(m): 10:44am On Feb 16, 2023
lexy2014:

where are you going to get the 1million naira from?
From your father?
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by MiaBeer(m): 10:46am On Feb 16, 2023
lexy2014:

From your father? Don’t go and look for better things to do with your battered life. Continue to ask foolish questions here. You think I’m here to measure priiik with you.
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by moodyguy: 12:15pm On Feb 16, 2023
Mylove55:
idiotic pigs don't have since
Yeye urchins una go wail tire..................... BUBU on the beat
Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by lexy2014: 2:53am On Feb 17, 2023
MiaBeer:

From your father? Don’t go and look for better things to do with your battered life. Continue to ask foolish questions here. You think I’m here to measure priiik with you.

Re: El-Rufai: FG Claims That Old Notes Of ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Already Destroyed By CBN by lexy2014: 2:54am On Feb 17, 2023
MiaBeer:

From your father?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fidelis Nweze Is Dead! Umahi’s Commissioner For Infrastructure Dies / See How This White Man Condemned #bringbackourgirls Hashtag On Twitter. / 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.