Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,974 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 (60372 Views)

CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender / Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court / Buhari To Extend Validity Of Old Naira Notes Till April 10 - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by lexy2014: 8:04am On Feb 16, 2023
BeauBragnar11:

Oga go sit down one place.

I'm also a Nigerian, How was I finding my way around the new policy??

Don't bring that lame talk here angry sad

Kindly answer the simple question. What alternative did the govt provide for old notes all this while?
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by Adetayo1978(m): 8:04am On Feb 16, 2023
Let's wait and see what will happen in the next few days and tell people that I said this"The president will reverse his decision and make all denominations legal tender."

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by Hoelujohn: 8:05am On Feb 16, 2023
ORIAYO70:

Saying this shows U r a boy...what shame will supreme Court buries himself...

Supreme Court was created cos of Dispute resolution, if Buhari did not listen, he should be the one that feel ashamed
Dispute ontop monetary policy? It's never done anywhere. So if CBN fixes interest rate, it can be challenged in court?
So Supreme Court can also wake tomorrow and say dollars should cease to be a legal tender in Nigeria. Make una dey think oo

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by Ishilove: 8:05am On Feb 16, 2023
This solves nothing. Will the banks release the 200 to us? The answer is no. Naira scarcity continues.

Nigerians really got it wrong this time
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by sonofthunder: 8:05am On Feb 16, 2023
Was the old or even new #200naira note ever available?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by gotnel: 8:05am On Feb 16, 2023
Racoon:
Tinubu, Gandollar, El-Rufai in the mud again. Now, Tinubu, all these criminal governors, all their urchins and miscreants can go to hell.

They were never on the side of the masses for the past 8 years. Suddenly a currency swap turned them to overnight patriots because their looted monies stashed outside the banks are being threatened. This present leadership of the Supreme Court have gone down to ignominy.

It is unfortunate that people like you have become sadist because of politics.
It is only sadistic minded fellows that are happy at this monetary policy gone wrong.
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by alrahmanonline(m): 8:05am On Feb 16, 2023
chymeze:

God bless you! I don't know why Nigerians are this stupid and gullible. I laugh when they say this policy will stop vote buying. Do they think someone like Tinubu or state governors cannot get millions of new naira notes if they want to? Some of these politicians control the banks, some have bank managers as their boys and at their beck and call. This policy will only impoverish the masses even more and encourage more vote buying
Most people only reason to a side of the coin, forgetting that there are two sides of the coin.
If you are rejoicing on this policy that it will affect Tinubu and you have 1000 and 500 old notes yourself, are you Playing? What type of playing is this grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by Obaaderemi2: 8:06am On Feb 16, 2023
donmik:
Buhari, an unpredictable man!

God bless you for this and some few good deeds of yours.

But the bloodshed in the name of freedom granted to herdsmen will never be forgotten of you
What good deed?
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by callthefred: 8:06am On Feb 16, 2023
bonnyhope:

Why are you pained?

Buhari has said the policy is to curb money politics. Whether Politicians have new notes or not, let the president do his job and stop talking trash

But the same Buhari used TraderMoni to buy votes in 2019 didn't remember money politics then? Man is just as dull as we've always known.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by Hoelujohn: 8:07am On Feb 16, 2023
lexy2014:

Which solution are you looking for? Solution to what?
Because you are complaining that he released only 200 out
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by Advocate500: 8:07am On Feb 16, 2023
I thought they said buhari is with tinubu? Buhari !! Buhari !!! Buhari!!!,lol.
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by Brian47(m): 8:08am On Feb 16, 2023
Buhari you're a mad man 😂

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by baralatie(m): 8:08am On Feb 16, 2023
Hendrixky:

The note printed is enough to go round as the cash less policy runs along side

But bank managers and some dubious Nigeria are selling it to highest bidders and our politicians
So what is the gaurantee that the cbn will be successful with the circulation of the #200 notes

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by annford: 8:08am On Feb 16, 2023
Racoon:
Tinubu, Gandollar, El-Rufai in the mud again. Now, Tinubu, all these criminal governors, all their urchins and miscreants can go to hell.

They were never on the side of the masses for the past 8 years. Suddenly a currency swap turned them to overnight patriots because their looted monies stashed outside the banks are being threatened. This present leadership of the Supreme Court have gone down to ignominy.

You couldn't be more right. This just made my day!
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by lexy2014: 8:09am On Feb 16, 2023
Hoelujohn:

Because you are complaining that he released only 200 out

Where is my complain?

Which solution are you looking for? Solution to what?
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by obyrich(m): 8:09am On Feb 16, 2023
femisplash:
If Buhari was serious with vote buying, he would have started in 2019 when the vice president was in markets in major cities sharing trader moni. I hate hypocrisy.
The old 200 notes would still find their way to the politicians while the ordinary masses continue in their Lamentations.
Which old 200 naira notes would go to politicians? You guys are underrating the presidency.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by BeauBragnar11: 8:10am On Feb 16, 2023
lexy2014:

Kindly answer the simple question. What alternative did the govt provide for old notes all this while?

If you're sensible enough, your answer lies in my response.

If there are no alternatives, How am I getting around the whole cash crunch, just like several million other Nigerians.

Enjoy your tissue paper Oga.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by NotKnown: 8:10am On Feb 16, 2023
Detola5000:

This is Peter, He can work anywhere remotely and charge all his devices with his powerstation.

Peter is smart, he doesn't need to worry about fuel scarcity and long queues.

Be like Peter.

Call or whatsapp for enquiries

How much?

I have phobia for contacting people privately if they can't answer basic things in public

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by ORIAYO70(m): 8:11am On Feb 16, 2023
Hoelujohn:

Dispute ontop monetary policy? It's never done anywhere. So if CBN fixes interest rate, it can be challenged in court?
So Supreme Court can also wake tomorrow and say dollars should cease to be a legal tender in Nigeria. Make una dey think oo

Look I was not been perculiar about this naira resdesign, what I'm talking about is that Buhari doesn't respect rule of Law basic...

Look at when When They gave verdict about Kanu, yet they failed to yield, I'm talking about Buhari obstinacy act towards the supreme Court not about naira resdesign.
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by baralatie(m): 8:12am On Feb 16, 2023
Hoelujohn:

Do you know that this broadcast has shifted in the favour of the state governors
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by 36STATES: 8:12am On Feb 16, 2023
What happens to the 36 containers of 1000 Naira note stashed by Tinubu and his gang of thieves?

Sense no go kill Buhari and Emefile.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by lexy2014: 8:12am On Feb 16, 2023
Hendrixky:

The note printed is enough to go round as the cash less policy runs along side

But bank managers and some dubious Nigeria are selling it to highest bidders and our politicians

You people are still going about with your baseles theories.

Where did you see bank managers selling new notes "to highest bidders and our politicians"? Can you provide evidence?

Since you say "note printed is enough to go round", can you tell us how much new notes were printed?

Why did buhari not talk about new notes in his broadcast?

If banks are hoarding cash, why don't they have 100, 50, 20, 10 or even 5 naira to pay anybody?
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by shimolv: 8:12am On Feb 16, 2023
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by HeadNigga: 8:13am On Feb 16, 2023
vowiski:

Follow the CBN guideline to swap it at CBN and designated cash points ..

what is the deadline for the swap. He was not clear on this
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by Sumerians: 8:13am On Feb 16, 2023
lexy2014:

It's very unfortunate. The brain of the average nigerian may just be made of cotton wool

Exactly the reason why people of Intellect like Us needs to find our way out of this hellhole and distance ourselves from this brain dead zombies.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by lexy2014: 8:14am On Feb 16, 2023
BeauBragnar11:

If you're sensible enough, your answer lies in my response.

If there are no alternatives, How am I getting around the whole cash crunch, just like several million other Nigerians.

Enjoy your tissue paper Oga.

What alternative did the govt provide for old notes all this while?
Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by real777(m): 8:14am On Feb 16, 2023
Racoon:

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by ComeToJesus: 8:14am On Feb 16, 2023
Bubu my guy. You clearly caught them by the balls. Intelligence don let Baba know say politicians never stash their loot in 200 naira denominations.
It's mostly in 1000 and 500 notes.

Even though I'm feeling the pains too, I'm with Bubu on this one. APC go dey think say person don winch Bubu. Because e no clear them for eye. They never saw this coming.

Sai Baba!! wink wink

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by baralatie(m): 8:15am On Feb 16, 2023
obyrich:
Which old 200 naira notes would go to politicians? You guys are underrating the presidency.
What if the cbn tells the toal notes of #200 is just #50 billion and it is exhausted.
What happens

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by tete7000(m): 8:16am On Feb 16, 2023
Ogunleti01:
People voice prevailed at last. In a democracy, dissent is an act of faith

You people are rejoicing when they didn't tell you how they intend to halt the scarcity of cash. It is not just a matter of extending validity of old notes but rather how to ensure that there are enough notes in circulation to meet the demand. If people need N1000 and you provide N200, there will still be chaos. They should release more money into circulation and stop chocking people and they must not mop up old notes without provide its equivalence of new notes. You will think this are basic of economics even a secondary school economics students will understand until you meet the Emefieles in Central Bank claiming to be economics guru but showing total lack of knowledge of basic economics. Of course we k ow the President is a stark illiterate, we don't blame him but mumu Nigerians who vote him to power expecting him to make 1dollar equal to 1naira.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by lexy2014: 8:16am On Feb 16, 2023
ppogba:

Lexy, this comment of my has not in any way shown be as a government apologist.
We do not argue over whether the money is in the custody of rogue politicians. Similarly, we do not to debate who the rogue politicians are. I am not in support of government punishing innocent Nigerians.

We are on the same page brother. Am just correcting the impression that there's some people somewhere who have hoarded cash. If the govt feels that such people exist, it should find alternative ways of retrieving cash from them and not disturbing a whole country because of a few people

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 by DanAugust2021: 8:17am On Feb 16, 2023
The Man no send Supreme court, lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Declare Atiku Winner Now - PDP Tells INEC / Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA / Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.