Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday (39849 Views)

Pictures Of How I Stylishly Resumed Work Yesterday (pics) / Unions To Shut Down Banks Nationwide From January 2, 2020 / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by KellyFORMAT(m): 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2023
i am in support of the naira re design, the aspect i fault the fg is they didnt monitor the flow of the money from cbn to commercials banks.
GWMI:
Go una hypocrisy too much.Ha,! Una no dey tire self.Today you will support Buhari tomorrow you go against him because you want peter obi.
na wa o.
Make una dey she small abeg.He get why
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by EteBabaagba222(m): 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2023
Timoleon:
The relevance is that vandalism is a crime. It’s always best to stay away from criminals. When people send broadcasts like “them Dey riot for so so place, avoid that area until peace is restored”, e get why.

I am not happy with the way this policy he been handled but I will not be in the midst of people causing mayhem in the name of protests.

As you said though, only he could have explained properly but o ti lo.

All this things wey all of you they talk saa. I was passing Ibadan yesterday when d riot broke out. We all rush down from motor they run zxy, a place I am not familiar with. God forbid bad things oooo, if someone should die due to stray bullets na all dis trash you go dey talk. Let d dead rest pls.

2 Likes

Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by akpascomartino: 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2023
internationalman:
One of the boys that was killed yesterday (the one with GSW to the chest) was my cousin...

It's been a sad atmospheric condition in my family since yesterday..
So sorry bro. Quite unfortunate. RIP to the dead.
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by TheOgaBoss: 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2023
KellyFORMAT:
i am in support of the naira re design, the aspect i fault the fg is they didnt monitor the flow of the money from cbn to commercials banks.
oga the money they printed is simply inadequate, there is nothing to monitor.
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by tarantino1: 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2023
Babalegba:
This kind of question is what makes me think Nigerians are innately stupid.

That guy's an idiot honestly

1 Like

Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by internationalman(m): 3:57pm On Feb 16, 2023
blaise26abj:

It doesn’t matter if he was active or not . Material things are replaceable . Life can’t be replaced . It shows how useless our security forces are . Why shoot at protesters ? Were they carrying guns ? It is just horrible what your family has to go through because Buhari wants to frustrate politicians . His Blood is on Buhari , Emefiele and all that have contributed to hoarding the notes and this unnecessary shortage .

Thanks Bro

1 Like

Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by maasoap(m): 3:57pm On Feb 16, 2023
Timoleon:
The relevance is that vandalism is a crime. It’s always best to stay away from criminals. When people send broadcasts like “them Dey riot for so so place, avoid that area until peace is restored”, e get why.

I am not happy with the way this policy he been handled but I will not be in the midst of people causing mayhem in the name of protests.

As you said though, only he could have explained properly but o ti lo.

Shut the fvck up!
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by olab059(m): 3:59pm On Feb 16, 2023
internationalman:

You people think we Nigerians are more violent than the the average white people but that's a lie.

If those people went through half of what we go through in this Nation they would do worse.

Y'all saw what happened with Capitol building in the US during pro Trump protest.

Exactly! An angry man, out of anger, might punch a wall...now, put dozens of angry and frustrated people (who are only trying to access their money) in the same place, the result is always the same, regardless of the race or ethnicity of the people. No one is against their naira redesign policy, but the CBN and naija government need to make cash available for the people. How will you restrict people from getting their own money.
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by Reptyle(m): 4:00pm On Feb 16, 2023
mr1759:
Yesterday morning alot of resident in Benin rush down to deposit their old naira note in their banks but those money were rejected this spark up anger which lead to violence later became uncontrolled, three life were lost 90 percent of commercial bank in Benin were destroy. In swift reaction from Edo state government instead of blaming CBN decided to turn it into political argument by blaming oshiomhole and APC.

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-obaseki-calls-for-oshiomholes-arrest-over-naira-scarcity-violence-in-edo/

Will they all suddenly get the cash after chasing away all bank workers and burning down all of the banks? I really don't get the thought behind these riots because after all said and done, no politician or government official will be affected by the ensuing crises.
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by imagrg(m): 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2023
Cry, my beloved Nigeria!
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by internationalman(m): 4:07pm On Feb 16, 2023
Homeboiy:

I was there
Police from CBN were shooting to scare people when him and other guy was hit by a stray bullet

I had to hide inside the shop

Later the police men came back and were shooting straight to people

As am typing now, no motor dey pass in front of CBN

How can a police shoot live bullets straight at people that are not physically armed.

Which kind country is this
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by KellyFORMAT(m): 4:07pm On Feb 16, 2023
WE ALL KNOW BANKS ARE DIVERTING THE FUNDS FROM IT PRIMARY AIM.
TheOgaBoss:
oga the money they printed is simply inadequate, there is nothing to monitor.
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by AFONJACOW(m): 4:07pm On Feb 16, 2023
lordprogress:

Oh sh*ut up you fool were you at the scene, so many idio*ts on nairaland this days.
even if I have billions in that bank, u can't see me there... that's thr different.. don't worry vote for Tulumbu for continuation of suffering tongue
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2023
Edo no dey carry last for vawulence.
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by eteebanky1: 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2023
Emumakpo:
What will your RIP give to the dead soul?

A whole lot
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 16, 2023
Skankamola:

This question is too childish mr itk.

There's absolutely nothing childish about it. The young man asked a very relevant question.
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by Emanodimo(m): 4:29pm On Feb 16, 2023
RIP to the Bro.

It's so sad that Buhari past historical experience was to be felt in a Democratic era.

We were actually warn about recruiting him as President.

I wish someone can Sue Zenith Bank for shutting down as if it has no responsibility to customers.

FCMB has been praised by others in most state.

What claims that Zenith Bank have for total shutdown?

There are evidence that banks are major factor on the scarcity while CBN failed to listen to the plea of the National Assembly to extend it till June.

The bad effect outweigh the benefits.
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by Lucymercy: 4:38pm On Feb 16, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]
Timoleon:

Why your cousin Dey in the midst of people wey Dey destroy other people business?
My friend that's not the right thing to say to someone that just lost a loved one.....no matter what empathy supposed to come from you. It might be your turn tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by Yves4real(f): 4:44pm On Feb 16, 2023
I was caught up in the protest at New Benin yesterday. One thing that I can say is that most of the people who destroyed the banks along Mission Road are not depositors. They are hooligans who roam the street on a good day, waiting for unrest in areas so that they can cause mayhem.
Until the destruction yesterday, some banks were paying customers inside the hall #5,000, #3,000, and #2,000 daily in #100 denomination. But today, all of them were shut. In the coming days, the effect of those destructions will be hard on the residents.
Or, were they expecting Buhari and Emefiele to suffer the consequences of their foolish actions?

2 Likes

Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by Litmus: 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2023
9gerian:
Usually, the way these things happen is that it is passersby that get hit by stray Bullets during such incidents. That is why elsewhere, water cannons are used to avoid killing people who may turn out to be innocent.

His cousin may or may not have been part of the rampaging boys but there’s no way to know that for sure now since he is gone.

I wonder if his cousin, Otilo, was in the habit of going about clothsless in his last role as a passerby .

RIP nonetheless.
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by VEHINTOLAR: 4:52pm On Feb 16, 2023
internationalman:

He's in a better position to answer that question but he can't now because he's dead.

Other people you saw destroying those Banks are also people's cousins, brothers, uncle, fathers inlaws etc. So what's the relevance of this your question.

Modified : His friends said they were not even actively participating in the violent protest. They were just passers-by who happened to be in the crossfire..

It could be a lie or not. Nobody knows anymore than the dead 19 year old Osamuyi.

May God rest the young soul of ORISAMUYIWA !
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by ufotunang: 4:56pm On Feb 16, 2023
Buhari wants to finish nigerians before his tenure ends...but God will not allow it...God is in control of nigeria
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by echodrum(m): 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2023
internationalman:
One of the boys that was killed yesterday (the one with GSW to the chest) was my cousin...

It's been a sad atmospheric condition in my family since yesterday..
sorry for the loss.
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by zoraro(m): 5:36pm On Feb 16, 2023
In other climes, just a single death would have made the Government to cancel the policy, but not so in this our Banana republic where even the main protagonists (Buhari and Emefiele) are not in the least concerned right now. So sad.
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by cedricksly: 5:39pm On Feb 16, 2023
[quote author=internationalman post=120951675]One of the boys that was killed yesterday (the one with GSW to the chest) was my cousin..
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by cedricksly: 5:45pm On Feb 16, 2023
Emanodimo:
RIP to the Bro.

It's so sad that Buhari past historical experience was to be felt in a Democratic era.

We were actually warn about recruiting him as President.

I wish someone can Sue Zenith Bank for shutting down as if it has no responsibility to customers.

FCMB has been praised by others in most state.

What claims that Zenith Bank have for total shutdown?

There are evidence that banks are major factor on the scarcity while CBN failed to listen to the plea of the National Assembly to extend it till June.

The bad effect outweigh the benefits.

, Zenith Bank anticipated this senseless riot long before now due to their bad services and app issue couple with the irregular deduction of customer funds both naira and dorm account...
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by marlow1962(m): 6:01pm On Feb 16, 2023
Timoleon:

E reach my side sef. But I no go join anybody to go destroy other people business because say I Dey protest. If to say Na cbn office then attack sef, I for no worry. But attacking private entities that are as stressed as you are is not a way to protest. The query these banks have received from their customers within the last few weeks have been exponential. They’ve had to work overtime even with minimal resources so e Dey reach them too. Some people would have to lose their jobs for all the vandalism that happened. This won’t be a Buhari problem but problems for private citizens when have also been victims of the same policy you are protesting. People must learn to channel their protests to the adequate quarters. Also people must know to differentiate protesting from criminal behaviors like vandalism and looting!
This is why I call Nigerians cowards. What happened to senators houses, or those apc politicians properties? Why must it be that bank you and your fellow man is managing?
This problems of cash shortage will be sorted out AFTER THE ELECTION, now when the cash is now available how will they have access to it? Some Nigerians are just foolish to the core. During this cashless crisis, I know how many times I have visited zenith bank to shout at them, but any day I go there all I could see in the face of the workers are distress, tiredness and fear. So why will I want to harm them, are they the cause of the crisis?

That's what Nigerians don't know, and I know those ppl who are vandalizing banks are the lunatics with criminal agenda, ppl that don't even have upto 20k in their account.
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by DJperdurabo: 6:15pm On Feb 16, 2023
Timoleon:

Why your cousin Dey in the midst of people wey Dey destroy other people business?

You exercised extremely poor judgement in your comment. Apologise to the grieving relative and quit justifying your comment.

I will leave you with words of wisdom from Detective Benoit Blanc (played by Daniel Craig) in the classic movie Glass Onion. He was addressing a character who felt she was always picked on for being able to speak aloud what everyone else was too hypocritical, afraid or conservative to say. He said the following to her; " It's a dangerous thing to MISTAKE speaking WITHOUT THOUGHT for speaking the truth". You, my friend,with your comment, just did that.

Apologise to the relative of the dead.
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by DJperdurabo: 6:18pm On Feb 16, 2023
cedricksly:
I only pity for the mother and family at large honestly, nobody should have to go through that kind of loss, BUT your cousin died a Foolish Man's death and history will be quick to forget him, infact history has forgotten him because nobody knew his name, I repeat he died a Foolish man and not an hero... I was parked at Globus bank opposite Central Bank and I watched everything played out.... The police told them more than a dozen times to go back, but they kept advancing towards the police asin mob action style. Then the police opened the white gate and then came out masked fully Kitted men with assault Rifle who shot directly at them, not in the air, but directly at them. And immediately those masked men went back inside the bank, and police started doing what u were seeing of shooting in the air.... If they (your cousin) was allowed to invade the bank, that would have sent a wrong message out against the central bank being impenetrable... So your cousin got what he signed up for, I only pity the mother honestly... Those who stay around Benin can attest to the fact that sometime ago, a man was shot in his leg twice for making call by the fence of the CBN... Now the senseless riot has ended and everyone has gone to their different place of work and different life and to ur cousin lost his life for no valid reason and putting the mom through such an agony, ooh poor woman, for that pain ur cousin caused the mother, your cousin can not REST IN PEACE.. Lai Lai

I will repeat same feedback as I gave to Timoleon never mind how you tried to rationalise and window dress your opinion on the death of the young man.

You exercised extremely poor judgement in your comment. Apologise to the grieving relative and quit justifying your comment.

I will leave you with words of wisdom from Detective Benoit Blanc (played by Daniel Craig) in the classic movie Glass Onion. He was addressing a character who felt she was always picked on for being able to speak aloud what everyone else was too hypocritical, afraid or conservative to say. He said the following to her; " It's a dangerous thing to MISTAKE speaking WITHOUT THOUGHT for speaking the truth". You, my friend,with your comment, just did that.

Apologise to the relative of the dead.
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by DJperdurabo: 6:21pm On Feb 16, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

May God rest the young soul of ORISAMUYIWA !

Amen to that.
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by davidtemi(m): 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2023
Timoleon:

GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS COMMENT

U MUST SAY AMEN TO DIS
Re: Commercial Banks In Benin City Were Destroyed Yesterday by DJperdurabo: 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2023
Buddha3:

There's absolutely nothing childish about it. The young man asked a very relevant question.

His question may have been relevant, but, he couched it in the wrong manner. You may not understand until you lose someone (irrespective of how other people "saw" that someone, he may have meant the world to somebody).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Loses Job Offer Because She Has A Big Tummy (Photo) / Japa: Top 5 Lucrative Side Hustles For Nigerians To Survive In UK, Canada / Adamawa Fruit Seller Wears Suit For His Business. See His Touching Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.