Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me (33687 Views)

Poll: Should A Man Use His Initiative To 'Volunteer' Financial Help When His GF Genuinely Needs It?

Absolutely! He should! Even though he is not her 'father': 21% (17 votes)
Hell No! He is not her father: 16% (13 votes)
Yes, if nothing but as a friend who cares: 30% (24 votes)
No, she will get used to being spoilt and use him as an atm machine: 8% (7 votes)
Indifferent: 12% (10 votes)
Yes, let him be a real man: 10% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

When You Are Dating A Stingy Man [see Photo] / Only Anambra Boys Can Be This Stingy And Plan Like Baba Ijebu(photo) / Can A Stingy Man Change? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by lovedgal: 4:24pm On Sep 11, 2011

Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Dyt(f): 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2011
If u dont ask den ow cld u tell
mayb he s d type dat nids b asked
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by claremont(m): 4:52pm On Sep 11, 2011
lovedgal:

Is this normal for a guy who says [size=13pt]he loves me[/size]? And how do I make him drop without asking directly??  undecided
He knows i am not one to totally depend on anyone but i need a push every now and again especially in school,

Guys, do you hold off [size=13pt]financial help[/size] from the girls you love, maybe in the bid not to spoil her?
Only in Nigeria can someone find this correlation, and it's coming from the "horse's mouth" as well! grin
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by lovedgal: 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2011
Won't it be a problem if I had to ask someone who sees that I need help? Even friends would ask how they can help and offer. I have never dated a guy whom I have had to ask. This is going to be a first. The others used their initiatives.

I will learn to ask as I don't know how to.

1 Like

Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by claremont(m): 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2011
lovedgal:

Won't it be a problem if I had to ask someone who sees that I need help? Even friends would ask how they can help and offer. I have never dated a guy whom I have had to ask. This is going to be a first. The others used their initiatives.

I will learn to ask as I don't know how to.
Have you thought about getting a job and making your OWN money, by doing so you don't have to depend on anyone.

2 Likes

Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by lovedgal: 4:58pm On Sep 11, 2011
@claremont, I am not that average Nigerian girl who thinks her man is an atm machine if that is what your post implies, I don't desire for him to get me brazilian hair, a blackberry and the likes, But just to assist for more genuine issues especially when he sees I am struggling to keep up.

I have a job that is not paying so well and am searching.

1 Like

Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Dyt(f): 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2011
ask n it shall b given unto u
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Tosinville(m): 5:03pm On Sep 11, 2011
For a girl to say a guy is stingy then she must also be a golddigger herself, the way u even talk about this guy sef shows u r not even in deep relationship with me.

You said he should've use his initiate to help u with ur need even though u didn't ask directly? yeye word smh!, is he ur dad?

Lastly, i wonder the kind of guy dat fall for yeye girls like this? if he didn't walk to u so you won't find a way to sort things out by yourself? you're depending on man you barely know and his monthly income? so if you're in a think relationship with me you'll indirectly be telling him to go buy u a car? shio!

1 Like

Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by lovedgal: 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2011
Putting myself through school too. Having to pay tuition and accommodation and other miscellaneous fees together has been hard and he sees it. Even I wouldn't see a friend and not offer to help if I had the means without them asking me
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by lovedgal: 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2011
yes, he is not my father. and I am not a goldigger. He came to me because he saw that I am a decent girl.
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Dyt(f): 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2011
Btw o
u mean he saw u struggle wyl he s got enuf?
If so den he s a greedy bastard
lyk seein all dose n nt do a thing den wen u eventually in his hm he ll leave everyth 2 u
sm men r so pathetic
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Tosinville(m): 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2011
^^So why do you wanna kill with your responsibilities when you already he's not your dad.
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by claremont(m): 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2011
@OP: The truth may hit you as hard as a shotgun bullet, but the fact of the matter is that as far as the both of you are not yet married, you are NOT your partner's financial responsibility. The emotional energy you spend here calling your boyfriend a "stingy man" may have been better channelled looking for a better job for yourself.
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by kistehsia(f): 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2011
@ OP
Could you not maybe ask friends and family for help instead of BF.  That way you can work on letting your relationship grow without pressure, I would find it very hard to ask a BF to help support me if we were not in a committed relationship where we shared expenses.  I would be embarrassed to ask as well.  Take a load off your mind and ask family and friends.  I think its ok for him to dote on you financially in the way of dinner, movie, nite out etc.  But unless there is a commitment I would find it very uncomfortable.  Try to keep your finances separate from your relationship.  

JMO kistehsia

1 Like

Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Dyt(f): 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2011
Claremont so dats ow u do 2 ur so called GFs?
Nt even sm choc?
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by claremont(m): 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2011
kistehsia:

@ OP
Could you not maybe ask friends and family for help instead of BF.  That way you can work on letting your relationship grow without pressure, I would find it very hard to ask a BF to help support me if we were not in a committed relationship where we shared expenses.  I would be embarrassed to ask as well.  Take a load off your mind and ask family and friends.  I think its ok for him to dote on you financially in the way of dinner, movie, nite out etc.  But unless there is a commitment I would find it very uncomfortable.  Try to keep your finances separate from your relationship.  

JMO kistehsia  
And therein, my friend, lies the difference in thinking between a western lady, and most African ladies. The difference is as clear as daylight!

Dyt:

Claremont so dats ow u do 2 your so called GFs?
Nt even sm choc?
Go and work and earn your OWN money, I am the epitome of stinginess itself! cool
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by lovedgal: 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2011
i realise we are not married,  but do these kind of guys even change after getting married? won't he continue to be stingy? we are in a  committed relationship and serious
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2011
I thought you were refering to occassional gifts, to show he cares.

You"re a lazy girl.
Get off your high horse and work hard.

I"ve seen pretty girls working at fast food joints, salons etc just to pay fees.
Have some self pride. Men end up treating women whom they give money to as sh.it.
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by lovedgal: 5:32pm On Sep 11, 2011
@bluediva,

did you miss the part where I mentioned that I had a job but one that is not paying so well now?
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2011
[size=13pt]
claremont:

Have you thought about getting a job and making your OWN money, by doing so you don't have to depend on anyone.
claremont:

As far as the both of you are not yet married, you are NOT your partner's financial responsibility. The emotional energy you spend here calling your boyfriend a "stingy man" may have been better channelled looking for a better job for yourself.
[/size]
cool cool cool
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Dyt(f): 5:44pm On Sep 11, 2011
Claremont
i dnt expect anyman pay my bills
infact i m d independent one
bt smtyms a hundred bucks of choc ll mk me want him even more
no mata ow small,he shld surprise me smtyms
haba

1 Like

Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2011
@op, where is ur dad? I prefer u call ur dad stingy, rather than call ur bf stingy! Na ur bf bring u come life? I ask again, na ur bf born u? Wey ur papa? Is he broke? Why not blame ur dad for failin to see u tru sch? Why r nigerians girls like dis sef? Wetin concern ur bf concern ur up-bringin?
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by IykeD(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2011
Hmmmm Love and Money!
OP, don't you have any means of generating income to take care of your financial needs yourself?
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by francisj(m): 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2011
y don't u solve ur financial need ursef and stop depending on a guy,simply cos the guy have other plan does make him a stingy guy ,he probably have other plan that are more that LOVING YA
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by 2goodbobo(m): 10:28pm On Sep 11, 2011
house, i think most of you are been to hard on the chick.ever heard of the saying ''no romance without finance''.am a guy and i think helping one's chick without her asking is not a crime.it only becomes a crime,when she ask incessantly without consideration.@poster, my advise is you have to device a means of asking him even thou it will be hard for you cos if u dont tell him,he wont know.
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by r231(m): 10:36pm On Sep 11, 2011
ask him b4 you srt calling him names
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by lovedgal: 10:43pm On Sep 11, 2011
@2goodbobo,

Thanks. Would do that, although I really hate asking.
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by r231(m): 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2011
lovedgal:

@2goodbobo,

Thanks. Would do that, although I really hate asking.

but u can come out here and put his business out undecided undecided undecided
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by tashanja(m): 11:26pm On Sep 11, 2011
2goodbobo:

house, i think most of you are been to hard on the chick.ever heard of the saying ''no romance without finance''.am a guy and i think helping one's chick without her asking is not a crime.it only becomes a crime,when she ask incessantly without consideration.@poster, my advise is you have to device a means of asking him even thou it will be hard for you cos if u dont tell him,he wont know.

Nobody is being hard on her, majority of the respondents who clearly did not support her (including females) cannot all be wrong.

The poster shouldn't be asking the bf ahead of her family/dad, who should be there as her immediate and natural support system (not the other way round); that attitude is quite wrong and shouldn't be encouraged, or haven't you noticed how she had conveniently avoided mentioning about them?

Our girls should be encouraged to be more self respecting and less dependent on men.

BTW, no romance without finance equates to prostitution in my book, pls stop justifying weakness and evil.
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by tellwisdom: 12:12am On Sep 12, 2011
And you,@OP what have you got to offer?? sad sad cos u seem to be making it his responsibility! angry angry
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Tosinville(m): 12:52am On Sep 12, 2011
^^
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 12, 2011
You need to ask him to test if he is really stingy he may be the type that cannot read btwn the line so you have to tell him straight up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Cute Pre-wedding Photos Of Plus-sized Bride And Her Husband-To-Be / Which Nigerian Tribe Likes SEX MORE? / Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.