Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,984 members, 7,835,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me - Romance (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me (33739 Views)

Poll: Should A Man Use His Initiative To 'Volunteer' Financial Help When His GF Genuinely Needs It?

Absolutely! He should! Even though he is not her 'father': 21% (17 votes)
Hell No! He is not her father: 16% (13 votes)
Yes, if nothing but as a friend who cares: 30% (24 votes)
No, she will get used to being spoilt and use him as an atm machine: 8% (7 votes)
Indifferent: 12% (10 votes)
Yes, let him be a real man: 10% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

When You Are Dating A Stingy Man [see Photo] / Only Anambra Boys Can Be This Stingy And Plan Like Baba Ijebu(photo) / Can A Stingy Man Change? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by ShyOne(f): 3:41am On Sep 16, 2011
all4naija:

You misunderstood me! I have only been to Nigeria not more than thrice!

I ABSOLUTELY believe in equality! But, the whole notion about this stinginess is getting annoying that I am tempted to voice my anger about it. Not that I am against feminism or other forms of women empowerment, just that our Nigerian girls are just too into this materialistic thing which is appalling to say the least. Above all, we still have traditions and I quite agree they must be told the ways they are - not necessarily means must be effectively practice or completely engaged.

My girl is blond and she quite understands my background. I teach her every important parts of my father's traditions, it more or less interesting for her to be engaging something new and different from hers.

Listen, and listen good, my tone has never suggested anything to abuse or degrade women to mere companies or property. From the way it looks, it looks like a punitive means to subject or relegate women to the background - that I totally object to in this thread.

If you must visit Nigeria as you said, there is nothing wrong in observing those ethics which are parts of our traditions. Don't listen to what people are saying, to do away with tradition but it is better to incorporate it in the best of atmosphere to help you fit into the community comfortably than snubbing the people's values. I still think women are not much different from men, in rights and obligations.

I am as well sorry to have infuriated you in any way in my previous comments prior to making you to take the step of apologizing so early. It isn't necessary at all. Mind you, we are all here to learn from one another. I hope you'll understand me better this time around.

Thank you!

I have definitely misunderstood you - seriously I did - from your detailed explanations - I see now that I have again messed up - thank you for clarifying and straightening me out in this matter - I will not snub tradition - another teachable moment that I will treasure - thanks
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Lax75(m): 3:46am On Sep 16, 2011
^^^^

Sis,

It's all to the good.

I will only tell you what you NEED to hear. NEVER what you WANT to hear. I have lived what I talk about, so who else would be in a better position to pass this advice to you.

I too am planning on moving back home. Home is full of crazies (for example, what you see here on NL). But you know what? I would never trade my people for anything in the world. We have it ALL. The brilliant, the dumb, the upstanding and the 419s. But my people are funny, entertaining, resilient, adaptive, bold, striving, and full of life! You just have to handle them with a FIRM hand, and trust me, you will enjoy them and they will enjoy you too.
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by MrsChima1(f): 3:51am On Sep 16, 2011
Aww. I will miss you in the States, Lax!
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Lax75(m): 3:56am On Sep 16, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Aww. I will miss you in the States, Lax!

Sis,

Please stop that.

You are making me teary eyed. And you all know I have no human feelings.
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by ShyOne(f): 3:59am On Sep 16, 2011
Lax75:

^^^^

Sis,

It's all to the good.

I will only tell you what you NEED to hear. NEVER what you WANT to hear. I have lived what I talk about, so who else would be in a better position to pass this advice to you.

I too am planning on moving back home. Home is full of crazies (for example, what you see here on NL). But you know what? I would never trade my people for anything in the world. We have it ALL. The brilliant, the dumb, the upstanding and the 419s. But my people are funny, entertaining, resilient, adaptive, bold, striving, and full of life! You just have to handle them with a FIRM hand, and trust me, you will enjoy them and they will enjoy you too.

OK - I am writing down everything you are saying - much of what I am hearing I am filing away to read on the plane ride over. When are you going to be there? Chima is there this year as well as I. When are you there? Do you know yet?
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by ShyOne(f): 4:00am On Sep 16, 2011
Oops - gotta log off

I won't return until tomorrow - I have to handle a work project.
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Dyt(f): 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2012
lovedgal must v bn married 2 er stingy bf
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 21, 2012
Lol. You just had to say that didin't you. Where she at by the way?
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by forkadict(m): 11:03am On Feb 23, 2012
FORK ADDICT RECITES OUR LORD'S PRAYER. ', LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION, BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL THIS THREAD FOR THINE IS THE KINGDOM, THE POWER AND GLORY, FOREVER (AMEN).'

OH BOY, THIS THREAD IS SOMETHING ELSE IN EVERY SENSE OF THE FORKING WORD!
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by lovedgal: 10:33pm On May 25, 2012
@Dyt cheesy you managed to come back! I am not married to him yet but intend to later in the year. grin i mentioned that i loved him, hence that thread to start with. Wouldn't have bothered if I didn't.

@fresh dude, still here! was hoping this thread had died a natural death.

@fork addict, you can say that again.
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by ivorybabe88(f): 11:55pm On Oct 23, 2012
lovedgal: Putting myself through school too. Having to pay tuition and accommodation and other miscellaneous fees together has been hard and he sees it. Even I wouldn't see a friend and not offer to help if I had the means without them asking me
Very true, if he has the means and cates he should atleast offer
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by AtheistD(m): 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2012
ivorybabe88:
Very true, if he has the means and cates he should atleast offer

Why doesn't she move in with him so that the rent issue can be resolved. That will free up more money for her education.
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Jaybee79: 7:52pm On Nov 16, 2012
claremont:
Have you thought about getting a job and making your OWN money, by doing so you don't have to depend on anyone.

Shut up my friend, why do men ask for sex first in one week old relationship? and if they refuse them 1 or 2 times the back off
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Jaybee79: 7:54pm On Nov 16, 2012
;
Atheist:-D:

Why doesn't she move in with him so that the rent issue can be resolved. That will free up more money for her education.
grin grin grin grin grin you sound like another stingy guy lol
Re: When This Stingy Man Says He Loves Me by Youngpo413: 7:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
lovedgal:

@claremont, I am not that average Nigerian girl who thinks her man is an atm machine if that is what your post implies, I don't desire for him to get me brazilian hair, a blackberry and the likes, But just to assist for more genuine issues especially when he sees I am struggling to keep up.

I have a job that is not paying so well and am searching.
na today?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

She Has A Child For Someone But Wants Me To Marry Her. Help / Man Who Almost Committed Suicide Because Of His Ex Girlfriend Bounces Back / RE: My Girlfriend Still Gets Help From Her Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.