Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,560 members, 7,837,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna (48903 Views)

CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender / Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 / Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by Tflex01: 10:37pm On Feb 16, 2023
"On behalf of the Kaduna State Government, I wish to assure you that none of you would lose the money you have in old notes. Let no artificial and illegal deadline frighten you. Whether you live in towns, villages or in our isolated rural communities, do not feel stampeded to deposit your old notes in the banks. Hold on to them. Continue to use them as legal tender as ordered by the Supreme Court of Nigeria. No deadline can render them worthless, ever. The law is on your side. The Central Bank of Nigeria Act, 2007 and the Bills of Exchange Act, both oblige the CBN to recognise your old notes and give you value in new notes whenever you bring them to the CBN, even in the next 100 years."

I love El-Rufai cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by beejay85: 10:38pm On Feb 16, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

grin grin
It's like you people have forgotten who controls the police and army.

If Tinubu is not careful losing the presidential elections will be the least of his concerns

I am waiting to see exactly how El-rufai hopes to enforce his directives.

No bank will be stupid enough to listen to him
Other state govts will follow suit...then what can the army and police do?
Are d army and police personnel not affected by this ill timed policy?

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by Obiebanks007(m): 10:38pm On Feb 16, 2023
Dreal1247:
This man is just fighting dirty for his personal interest. His desperation has taken another dimension since the issues of the change of currency surfaced.

You've said it all
May God bless you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by Tobijays: 10:39pm On Feb 16, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

There is nothing like anarchy.

The police and army has only one commander in chief.

When the push comes to the shove we will know who is in charge.Buhari will soon use of the Governors probably El-rufai to set an example
you people just too daft! Weyrey think say nah action film! More state governments will release memo soon! He should now displace the governors nah! Kaduna will keep spending ther notes and vote in Tinubu to safeguard it! This is all working for Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by youneedjesus: 10:39pm On Feb 16, 2023
sarrki:

All of a sudden Igbos are supporting Pmb
All of a sudden Buhari has become your enemy. One man's meat is another man's poison.

14 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by Heavensent01(m): 10:39pm On Feb 16, 2023
El Rufai had been a fearless man, blunt, no faking no forming saint like Obi

only unintelligent dummies won't like El Rufai

elo fi okan bale, oju ma to ti awon olote

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by searchlight: 10:39pm On Feb 16, 2023
dustmalik:

Illiterate, you can't declare state of emergency in a state without the majority vote in the National assembly. As it is today, Buhari has lost the popular support. He can never get the required number.
Can a president disobey Court orders? If Buhari can disobey Court orders, remove CJN and even borrow money without NASS what else can he not do?

If he decleared state of emergency what will you do? Protest, typing here and nothing again.

We warned you urchins but you allowed Buhari have absolute powers calling us wailers in the process. You never see anything.

If care is not taken Tinubu will be treated like MKO Abiola. History will repeat itself

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by maxist2020(m): 10:39pm On Feb 16, 2023
sarrki:
Baba Buhari you have failed God and humanity

You pay good deeds with evil

You will be rewarded in good time 9 more days to go

Asiwaju is the next president

All Apc governors and G5 should follow Elrufai style

Your shame dey shame me so because Buhari is giving everyone a level playing field is now his offence.
So rigging election and vote buying to you should be allowed to continue.
You have failed.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by IpobAntidote: 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2023
blackgold2018:
foool

Son of a fool is also a fool.
Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by Tflex01: 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2023
"I wish to assure you that the Kaduna State Government, in collaboration with elected legislators, traditional institution, elected local government councils, markets, and traders associations will help you collect, record, document, collate and deliver all your old notes to the Kaduna branch of the Central Bank on your behalf into the new ones immediately after the elections. We will also ensure the delivery of your new notes to your various locations without any hardship or expense on your part. We shall save you any panic and the stress of a long journey from your community to the CBN office in our state capital, from March until December 2023 if need be."

See politics naa

El-Rufai is a legend. grin

I Stan!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by jasent(m): 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2023
sarrki:
KADUNA UPDATE: Let us stand up strongly for democracy, peace and national unity

State Broadcast by Malam Nasir El-Rufai, Governor of Kaduna State, 16th February 2023.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid029C4DTLhPsfGftMfrqJYusPoGV8AU1xiEN5Y49PXGnWmwxBpvjxpux5q7oorwGxrCl&id=100044399770234&mibextid=Nif5oz

Suddenly this people care about Nigeria,lol

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by Freshtruth(m): 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

There is nothing like anarchy.

The police and army has only one commander in chief.

When the push comes to the shove we will know who is in charge.Buhari will soon use of the Governors probably El-rufai to set an example
i dey tell you Make buhari come back from Adidas baba ist, buhari give other a common state governor get mind flant am OK ooo
Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by searchlight: 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:
Great guy!

More governors will follow suit cheesy

Piiggiiddiiootts amaka cheesy

Lol Tinubu will never be declared president whether he wins or not. Know this and know peace

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by Coronavirus1: 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2023
They will spend it in government house

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by 9jahotblog: 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2023
Elrufai and Tinubu ti lule piiii piiii
Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by RichAbujaGuy: 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2023
Now we know why the governor of Kaduna couldn't manage the insecurity and kidnappings in his state because he was too busy looting and stashing. Shameless politician! angry

15 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by jaxxy(m): 10:42pm On Feb 16, 2023
IpobAntidote:
You just have to love the confidence and authenticity of this man. In fact this is the kind of leadership that Nigeria needs. I sure hope he runs for President some day.

confident in supporting vote buying and criminals and terrorists isn't a sign of good governance.

he is an enemy of democracy and he will cry more.

17 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by Freshtruth(m): 10:43pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ladiesdream:
If i am buhari, I will arrest him. Before his arrest he will be drag, beaten and thrown into the waiting police van fully covered by TV stations, Just like what obasanjo did to Tafa balogun.
; that y you won't be president because you won't take nonsense grin
Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by lomprico(m): 10:43pm On Feb 16, 2023
dustmalik:
I love El-rufai. He is very courageous.

Why would president Buhari make a pronouncement on a matter that is before the supreme court?

You don't love him, you only love the 5k in old notes that he wants to buy your vote with. And you don't want to miss it.

17 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by searchlight: 10:43pm On Feb 16, 2023
Xbox2005:
I love his balls.buhari is not a semi god.A very nacistic person.lets assume his fighting for his reelection will he introduced all this policy at this time?he's now claiming innocent and Mr integrity as if we have forgotten what happened before 2019 general election.
We are united in one purpose which is

Stopping a criminal from having access to our national treasury. Tinubu must be stopped at all cost even if it will take five hundred thousand human heads from ogbomosho.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by EduBrazil1991(m): 10:44pm On Feb 16, 2023
I'm so disappointed 🙁

I thought Hellrufai was educated and civilized.

Only CBN can dictate what legal tender in Nigeria is.

He's sounding like Kogi politicians.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by Activeman391(m): 10:45pm On Feb 16, 2023
Who the gods want to kill they first make mad elrufai is playing with 🔥

Baba Buhari will show this one pepper..he wants to create a country inside Nigeria. Inciting his people to disregard the federal government directive is treasonable.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by IpobAntidote: 10:45pm On Feb 16, 2023
jaxxy:

confident in supporting vote buying and criminals and terrorists isn't a sign of good governance.

he is an enemy of democracy and he will cry more.

You have been brainwashed and programed to believe any trash that you think is anti Tinubu. I'm sure you also believed that Buhari was Jubril from Sudan just because on idiotic terrorist said so.
Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by Nathan2016: 10:45pm On Feb 16, 2023
Brendaniel:
This man is taking a dangerous path, his MM ticket desperation is taking another dimension, I always ask the question: what is his benefit in Tinubu's presidency?

I've searched and the only thing that keeps coming up is Shettima(MM ticket)

These guys literally have the shot of presidency after 4 or 8 years. I Mean in the North now, apart from Kwankwaso, Atiku, Buhari, Tambuwal... there are few politician that have followers.

Elrufia and the Gadnjuga is one of them. Their states have the population.

So they are literally trying to warm their presidential seat through Tinubu.

If atiku enter, Otilo for them

10 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by NaijaCover(m): 10:45pm On Feb 16, 2023
Hmmmmm
Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by angelfallz(m): 10:46pm On Feb 16, 2023
Exactly!

paskal16:
Nothing to see here
Just polithiefians fighting for their selfish interests

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by Truthdeypain: 10:46pm On Feb 16, 2023
sarrki:

All of a sudden the useless Omododuwa Republic Buhari asslicker is now an enemy.

10 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by searchlight: 10:47pm On Feb 16, 2023
SmartPolician:
El-Rufai will always exonerate Buhari and blame Emefiele for everything.

Those billions of naira he's keeping will become useless in his house.

I just pity Kaduna people whose votes will be bought with the money they cannot spend.
It is cool that las las na 5% dey deal with some sophisticated fools.

At some point they claim to be running the government. Where is Gbajiabiamila, Fashola, osimbade and co?

Emefiele is the second in command in Nigeria today even ahead of the so called criminal national leader.

Politics sweet aswear

13 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by sonogo(m): 10:47pm On Feb 16, 2023
sarrki:
Baba Buhari you have failed God and humanity

You pay good deeds with evil

You will be rewarded in good time 9 more days to go

Asiwaju is the next president

All Apc governors and G5 should follow Elrufai style

One corner prostitute has more value and dignity than you.

10 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by Madups(m): 10:47pm On Feb 16, 2023
Wailer man.
sarrki:

6 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna by jaxxy(m): 10:48pm On Feb 16, 2023
IpobAntidote:

You have been brainwashed and programed to believe any trash that you think is anti Tinubu. I'm sure you also believed that Buhari was Jubril from Sudan just because on idiotic terrorist said so.

I voted buhari in 2015 and atiku in 2019 I don't have time for unfounded nonsense claims. I just want the best for this country.

this cashless policy is very good only criminals, terrorist and vote buyers are crying..

it's affecting every party not just tinubu so why are they crying? undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power / Toyin Abraham Reacts To 'Death News' After Declaring For Tinubu / Spotted: Tinubu Supporters In Aso Ebi Jetting To Abuja For The Inauguration. PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.