Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. (44192 Views)

How I Felt Reading Messages Between My Husband And His Mistress - Lady / Man Accused Of Chasing Away His Pregnant Wife Because Of His ''Mistress''.Photos / Why Your Husband Is Crazy About His Mistress And Is Not Ready To Let Her Go... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by Ahmed0336(m): 7:18am On Feb 18, 2023
grin
Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by SenatePresdo(m): 8:01am On Feb 18, 2023
You cannot use gays to determine how the mind of average man works.

You cannot use simps to determine how the mind of a man works.

3 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by id4sho(m): 9:00am On Feb 18, 2023
Shalommy:
Chaii..cheesy cheesy Let him die.
Am ashamed of my gender if true sad

1 Like

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by onumadu: 5:04pm On Feb 18, 2023
Klass99:
Lol, I have a few suspicions why this happens but like you OP I am curious to read the candid thoughts of the opposite sex, for the ones who engage respectfully, fostering a respectful exchange of thoughts and ideas. My thoughts;

Okay, challenge accepted.

1. He became emotionally attached and possibly fell in love with the mistress. The narrative that men are logical and not emotional is a false and inaccurate one, as far as I know, all humans are emotional beings irrespective of gender.

TRUE:
But then this only confirms the FACT that MOST men are polygamous by nature.
Women may feel some need to have extra-pair relationship, but not as much as men.
Reason? TESTOSTERONE.
Next ...

2. The mistress married a man who is far better than him, in looks, class, charisma, decorum and wealth. A group of Nigerian men were surveyed and one of the top things that really hurts them and they dislike or hate, is for an ex to end up with a man who is wealthier and better looking than them - e dey pain grin. This survey was on that new reality TV show Bisola hosts.

That survey gave a deceptive conclusion. More like a logic leap.

Yes, UNMARRIED men may resent the fact that a "better man" married their EX-GIRLFRIENDS.
I strongly doubt that most MARRIED MEN would feel the same level of resentment when a side-chick gets married to ANY man.
What the married men miss is the woman's availability to solve what their wives can't solve. Whoever the side-chic married would remain irrelevant as long as the man (some of whom may be unscrupulous anyway) would continue to have access to that side-chic; married or not.
I wait to be proven wrong on this! cool
Next ...

3. The sex was fantastic and mind blowing, he is possibly moaning the loss of it and the loss of what he felt was a good arrangement for his benefit. I think most men would prefer to call the shots even in an extra-marital affair, where they get to decide when an affair ends, they want to be the ones moving on from it first, perhaps to another mistress or back to fidelity and honouring their vows.

AGREE: 100%
Again, supports the known fact that most men are polygamous by nature. cool

4. Some don't think highly of their mistresses or wish them well. They just want her available for their sexual needs, so it kind of rocks their world (like divorce does) when a woman is able to move on to something better in life, like an international Masters Degree, a prestigious job or marriage.

There you go again about men not wishing their side-chics well or think highly of then. undecided

You leave one important fact out: That overwhelming majority (I'd say 90-something percentage) of second wives were former side-chics.

I am yet to meet a polygamous man who simply picked a girl off the streets and married her as second wife without first keeping her "on the side" for some considerable time: to judge her character and fitness for a probably role as second or third or whatever number of wife.
My responsible guess is that majority of the men who didn't co-opt the side-chics as next wives lacked the character or resources to do so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My conclusion:

An Igbo proverb says that when making an eye medicine, one should not include pepper as part of the active ingredients.
You made a smart post, but added a lot of peppers into it. cheesy

My respect tho' cool

4 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by onumadu: 5:09pm On Feb 18, 2023
BTW I wish that this makes front-page to help teach others.
My respect to the mods in advance.

1 Like

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by Maysdevices(f): 5:25pm On Feb 18, 2023
Klass99:

Sweetheart I feel you, I will be back shortly.

So, while the answer is NO for you, it is a YES for me. Yes, because I have heard that excuse and narrative too many times not to believe it. It is not only online I've heard it but offline as well. An anonymous forum particularly gives people the boldness and courage to be their true selves or to be brutally honest with their thoughts, anonymity makes it easy for people to shed their usual pretences in real life.

Notice I said excuse, because men will use any excuse to justify their cheating and their excuses range from fallen boobs, loose vjays, a dirty wife, sex starvation to men are polygamous in nature, my wife disrespects me, she has body odour and more. Are their excuses valid? Perhaps, I don't know, but I won't criticize or judge them because I can't and I won't sleep with a man who has body odour either.

You and I, may think or feel differently about this but one thing I know for certain is that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. In other words, what a man says reveals what is in his heart. So, if majority are saying un-firm bodies cause them to lose their desire and erections, I will take them at their word and not debate the issue. In the mouth of many witnesses a thing is established, abi? 371 likes was not a joke but rather a concurrence with what was said, even if the other 371 people didn't say it themselves, they agreed with it.

Like you, I am all for companionship more than sex itself but men are from Mars and women are from Jupiter. We think differently about these things. It takes a thoroughly self disciplined man to not cheat because of the usual excuses we hear.
That mention was clear as day. The excuses differ but they’re never the same, what are still typing here? This makes absolutely no sense and if you actually believe these excuses from men, you are extremely gullible or extremely young. We are sexual objects to men.

Men cheat because they want and can, not because of any reason. They like women and one is almost never enough for them. A young man’s average dream is to have sex with as many women as he can, while a young woman’s is to fall in love with a Prince Charming. This is why you see even the most beautiful, sexiest women getting cheated on. It’s all in the HOLE AND EXPERIENCE. They are sexual beings that view relationships as a way to have sex freely, they just will never admit that. Some fall in love but most are just there for the sex and the sex gets boring when it’s just one hole and one type of body.

Her mention was literally as simple as ABC.

If you take that as a YES, what explanation do you have for the youth that cheat on their young nubile girlfriends even more than older men? Or the ones that cheat on their sexy wives with girls great look like trash?

All mature and older women know cheating is almost never about the woman.

I wonder for you sha.

7 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by Klass99(f): 5:43pm On Feb 18, 2023
cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by Klass99(f): 6:00pm On Feb 18, 2023
grin

3 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by onumadu: 6:07pm On Feb 18, 2023
Klass99:

You angry grin.

Your skoin skoin dey make me shake my head, because of a particular post where you said by 20 years old a young lady should marry. Can you honestly give out your daughter at 20 years to marry? No need to answer this here, to avoid derailing this thread.

I can answer this question without derailing the thread.
The short answer is a resounding YES.

I and my wife are agreed that if she finds the right man, she can even marry at 18.

It would be my daughter's call though. Nobody will force marriage on her at ANY age.
The benefits of doing so is well understood within the family.

The pepper was me speculating and my suspicions, my imagination is allowed to run wild na, but your take and respectful engagement is appreciated. What do you have to say about the other stuff in my subsequent posts about why husbands cheat on wives and what a male user said about flabby and firm bodies. Was he right or wrong?

In discussing these things, I tend to take positions based on KNOWN (as in scientifically proven) facts.

For example, it is a known fact that men have more (waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy more) testosterone than women. Which explains their sex drive.
Having said that, that does not mean that there are no outright irresponsible men out there who would fk anything in skirt.
And they don't need for their wives to gain weight, develop flabby body, etc to do their thing.

On the overall though, it can be generally understood that men would prefer that their wives don't "lose her vibes" as she aged.
The good news is that A LOT of women out there know how to maintain their vibes.
Most modern women do so effortlessly, and it goes a long way in keeping their men around and happy.
Of what use is a man around when he is mostly morose or sullen?
And the reason for his sullenness is your failure to keep yourself as attractive as possible for him? undecided
I mean this is a no-brainer to any smart woman.

Some women even find "short cuts" to keeping their husbands always interested, happy and "on the hunt".
Men are like lions: We really don't like to eat "dead animals". We prefer to "hunt".
I may have said too much already. cheesy
I don't like giving away men's secrets. angry cheesy

3 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by Klass99(f): 6:14pm On Feb 18, 2023
smiley

1 Like

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by Maysdevices(f): 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2023
undecided
Klass99:

undecided. The same way I dey wonder for you. My post was as clear as day and night na. You are free to think or believe what you want, the same way I am. I don't even understand why that particular issue is a bone of contention for some of you.

Just last night I saw a fat man who had boobs like a woman and a beer belly like a 6 months pregnant womam. I was instantly put off in my mind and in my head, if I as a woman can be turned off by such an appearance, what makes you people think or doubt that a man won't be put off too by a similar appearance? Or that he won't cheat because of it?

Some of you want to argue and debate a point made by a man, when you are not a man yourself. The same way some men want to argue and debate feminine issues with us, on menstruation, pregnancy and the fact that penetrative sex rarely does jack shit for us, unlike clitoral stimulation.

LOL. dearie, don’t gaslight me. You had several paragraphs to type on the issue, was it a bone of contention for you or were you pressed when you were typing? This is simply another random matter I took an interest to arguing, if you’re not interested, you should speculate or ignore not resort to shallow statements. We’re not babies here.

Men are POLYGAMOUS in sexual nature and have been screaming this for decades. It’s never about the WOMAN, it is about the fact that they get tired of having sex with one woman easily. What answer do you need again? Two monikers have written in this thread alone, like what else do you want to hear?

Yet for some deluded reason you think it’s about you or how you take care of yourself? Laughable. You think the perimeters of attraction are the same for women as they are for men?? With all I typed you’re still putting the cheating men do in one box and it’s extremely hilarious.

You keep mentioning some imaginary fat, unattractive men that make you understand the logic of men who cheat on the unattractive women as though that is the most type of cheating men do.

What about young boys who cheat on their nubile girlfriends who are not unattractive? (Which is the most common form of cheating from men?)

Young boys cheat on young girls far worse than husbands or older men cheat on their unattractive women

What about men who cheat on their attractive wives with very unattractive women?

What about men with uncountable wives?

Why are prostitute houses always filled with young men and not older men?

How many women have you seen with marry multiple men even if they have the money

With this comment I know your problem. You do not speak for all women and that comment you saw doesn’t speak for all men. Listen to the noise. One minute silence for your sexual experience. Penetrative sex does jack for who?! Mouth, fingers and dick are all the same to the G and A spot. You know nothing about sex but you’re not to blame! Most men only know one trajectory. 😂😂😂😂😂

4 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by onumadu: 6:29pm On Feb 18, 2023
Klass99:

I respect this 👍.

You haven't said too much already, in fact you sort of spoke in parables.

Please what are these secrets?
Remember, the challenge was a respectful exchange of thoughts and ideas.

It is exactly due to the sensitive nature of the information that I spoke in parables. grin

The secret lies in that lion metaphor I used.

All I can say is that some women "get it" while others don't. I pity the ones that don't.

All men are not the same though. A woman is advised to study her man properly before deciding on her strategy to keeping him happy sexually.

The only thing I can tell women (heck all married persons whether male or female) is to ENGAGE YOUR SPOUSE IN DEEP SEXUAL CONVERSATION. Find out what his sexual fantasies are, and try your level best to meet them. Else, he will find a woman who would fulfill them. Most side-chics merely do just that - meet a man's sexual fantasy.
A lot of men even cheat because they can't discuss certain sexual matters with their wives. Their wives are too uptight and stiff as sticks. lol

I watched one Ghana woman advising women on this same issue. Her "lectures" were far more detailed than mine here. lol

3 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by Klass99(f): 6:40pm On Feb 18, 2023
smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by Maysdevices(f): 6:54pm On Feb 18, 2023
onumadu:

It is exactly due to the sensitive nature of the information that I spoke in parables. grin

The secret lies in that lion metaphor I used.

All I can say is that some women "get it" while others don't. I pity the ones that don't.

All men are not the same though. A woman is advised to study her man properly before deciding on her strategy to keeping him happy sexually.

The only thing I can tell women (heck all married persons whether male or female) is to ENGAGE YOUR SPOUSE IN DEEP SEXUAL CONVERSATION. Find out what his sexual fantasies are, and try your level best to meet them. Else, he will find a woman who would fulfill them. Most side-chics merely do just that - meet a man's sexual fantasy.
A lot of men even cheat because they can't discuss certain sexual matters with their wives. Their wives are too uptight and stiff as sticks. lol

I watched one Ghana woman advising women on this same issue. Her "lectures" were far more detailed than mine here. lol
Why don’t you just stop the lies and tell the truth? Lol. The moment the side chick becomes a wife, the man gets bored again. Obviously not all men are the same but most men just love the feel of a different woman from time to time. Why is it so hard for y’all to just come straight and say the obvious truth?

Men who complain about sexual purity marry the sexually pure woman then start complaining that they are stiff in nature? Wasn’t that a quality you sought in a wife? You then start cheating on her with a girl that has practice everyday from her different men, the same type of girl men on this forum act like they won’t touch with a ten foot pole suddenly become choice!

Why didn’t you just marry the side chick in the first place? You can’t tell me you didn’t see her type, but she disgusts you because she is only meant for sex. This just goes to show that man has needs one woman can never fulfill. It’s either you’re motherly or a hoe.

The two rarely mix.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by onumadu: 7:03pm On Feb 18, 2023
Klass99:

😂 No nah, I wish you would stop the merry go round and speak in plain sentences. The purpose of all communication is to provide clarity as quickly as possible, not to leave your audience guessing or wondering what you are saying.

This is a public forum, and there are under-aged people here, too.
Adults don't need verbose information to understand these things. I can assure you that most INTELLIGENT people here who have ever married understands me clearly. The unmarried ones though may not understand, but this information is not for them. They will cross their bridge when they get there.

When I start to speculate or suspect now, you will say I added lots of pepper. I think I get you but I am not entirely sure, this is an adult site and an adult conversation, I particularly like getting male perspectives on issues like these, it helps in understanding how your minds work.

You see, you get me.
BTW are you married? If not, then you are way above your expected level of understanding. But I suspect that you are married.
BTW this is NOT an adult site. There is adult part of this website, but I believe that family section is not really part of it.

If you won't say more at least point me towards the Ghanaian woman's lectures. Let me hear what she has to say, that you won't say.

Unfortunately I can't point you to the Ghana woman's advice because it was a Whatsapp message making the rounds a few years back.
But her message can be summarized this way: If you are a married woman, the only way you can maintain your husbands sexual contentment is to keep yourself attractive somehow to him. Notice that I didn't say "beautiful". I said "ATTRACTIVE" because it connotes sexual connection.

This answers the other lady wondering why men cheat on even beautiful wives.
Enough said on this.

4 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by Klass99(f): 7:23pm On Feb 18, 2023
smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by onumadu: 7:26pm On Feb 18, 2023
Maysdevices:
Why don’t you just stop the lies and tell the truth? Lol. The moment the side chick becomes a wife, the man gets bored again. Obviously not all men are the same but most men just love the feel of a different woman from time to time. Why is it so hard for y’all to just come straight and say the obvious truth?

Girl, first of all CALM the fk down.
This ain't no war.
We are only trying to engage in civilized discourse. No need for vitriol.
My explanation about what MARRIED MEN really think of side-chics remains valid until disproved by logic and useful counter-argument.
Emotional rant is not a useful counter-argument.

Men who complain about sexual purity marry the sexually pure woman then start complaining that they are stiff in nature? Wasn’t that a quality you sought in a wife? You then start cheating on her with a girl that has practice everyday from her different men, the same type of girl men on this forum act like they won’t touch with a ten foot pole suddenly become choice!

You would NEVER find a single post from me in this Nairaland where I supported marrying only "sexually pure woman".
NEVER. Find it and show me! lol
If anything, I am in constant battle with the type of men I call "Virgin hunters" here.
They are the hypocrites you are alluding to, not me.
I believe that every woman can find a COMPATIBLE MATE for herself. The problem lies in that compatibility issue.
Not all men like "sexually pure" wife. In fact some men actively encourage their wives to date other men. it is their own sexual fantasy, believe it or not.
Marriage is like a finger-print. There are no two similar marriages. To each his (or her) own!

Why didn’t you just marry the side chick in the first place? You can’t tell me you didn’t see her type, but she disgusts you because she is only meant for sex. This just goes to show that man has needs one woman can never fulfill. It’s either you’re motherly or a hoe.

The two rarely mix.

Can you read yourself?
How can a man marry a side-chic as first wife? Does this make sense to you?

A side-chic is a side chic (second woman or third or whatever nth wife) because there was a gap in the man's first marriage somehow (NOT ALL THINGS ARE SEXUAL IN MARRIAGE. In fact a lot is MENTAL -intellectual, wisdom, understanding, cordiality of worldview, etc)
It is not a zero-sum game as you are desperately trying to make it.
A LOT of men are happily married with only one wife who understands them and FILLS them somehow.

Not all men need side-chics. Believe it or not.

Side-chics mostly come in when a wife failed to apply wisdom and understanding in handling her husbands social needs.

3 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by onumadu: 7:37pm On Feb 18, 2023
Klass99:

Lol, Onumadu your yeye dey boom sha. This was all you needed to say since, instead of playing me in circles. I assume "keeping yourself attractive" is not restricted to physical looks alone but it also includes a good attitude too, I feel you!

Exactly!
That is why I said that a woman should STUDY her husband diligently to understand the type of a man he is, and what he wants from her.
Someone like myself LOVE INTELLIGENT woman, and I told my wife to "level up to me or else ...". cheesy cheesy
And she did. cool

There's a reason I am attracted and drawn to these athletes Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal & Lionel Messi.............their attitude. It doesn't hurt that they are good looking men with muscle tone as well.

LOL. I suspect that their DEEP POCKETS doesn't hurt either. lol

Your suspicion is wrong. I enjoyed the engagement and I no longer think you have skoin skoin, since you answered my question and clarified that marriage issue. Respect.

If you are single and asking these hard and deep questions, I can assure you that your future husband would not need a side-chic.
BookMark this post. grin cool

2 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by Klass99(f): 7:52pm On Feb 18, 2023
smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by Maysdevices(f): 8:02pm On Feb 18, 2023
onumadu:

You would NEVER find a single post from me in this Nairaland where I supported marrying only "sexually pure woman".
NEVER. Find it and show me! lol
If anything, I am in constant battle with the type of men I call "Virgin hunters" here.
They are the hypocrites you are alluding to, not me.
I believe that every woman can find a COMPATIBLE MATE for herself. The problem lies in that compatibility issue.
Not all men like "sexually pure" wife. In fact some men actively encourage their wives to date other men. it is their own sexual fantasy, believe it or not.
Marriage is like a finger-print. There are no two similar marriages. To each his (or her) own!

Can you read yourself?
How can a man marry a side-chic as first wife? Does this make sense to you?

A side-chic is a side chic (second woman or third or whatever nth wife) because there was a gap in the man's first marriage somehow (NOT ALL THINGS ARE SEXUAL IN MARRIAGE. In fact a lot is MENTAL -intellectual, wisdom, understanding, cordiality of worldview, etc)
It is not a zero-sum game as you are desperately trying to make it.
A LOT of men are happily married with only one wife who understands them and FILLS them somehow.

Not all men need side-chics. Believe it or not.

Side-chics mostly come in when a wife failed to apply wisdom and understanding in handling her husbands social needs.
Girl, first of all CALM the fk down.
This ain't no war.
We are only trying to engage in civilized discourse. No need for vitriol.
My explanation about what MARRIED MEN really think of side-chics remains valid until disproved by logic and useful counter-argument.
Emotional rant is not a useful counter-argument.

Please stop with the gaslighting. What the Bleep is up with you people on this site? Did I use an exclamation mark for you to tell my tone? The moment one disagrees with you, they’re angry or on a rant? This was totally unnecessary, one line of ‘STOP THE LIES’ I even followed it up with ‘Lol’ yet that wasn’t enough for you to know that it was a harmless statement? What exactly is emotional or angry about that statement? Please get a hold of yourself and face the conversation instead of resorting to unnecessary statements

This is laughable coming from a gender that just stopped having more than two women legally at a time, if you really believe a man cheats because there’s something missing, it’s your personal opinion. Because its literally nature.

I already told you not all men are the same, so we are speaking generally. The majority of men are not like you and you know it. How many men have this sort of mature opinion? Your comment implies there is almost no woman fit enough for a man as most with or without means will always have a woman on the side so what’s really the issue? Almost no woman is never enough?

I have nothing to say to the rest of your mention. What I know for a fact is that science agrees with me so no need to argue your personal opinion.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

4 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by Maysdevices(f): 8:08pm On Feb 18, 2023
Klass99:

🤣😄. I'm asking hard questions because I like to know things I don't, I like to understand how your minds work as men, I also enjoy interacting and engaging with decent folks like you.

Deep pockets or not, I am usually drawn to a man's physique and looks, then his attitude before anything else. It's even hard to tell how deep your pockets are from your looks alone, if you are not a public figure like Federer or Elumelu.

You are not the only ones moved by what you see o, I like good looking men and I have no qualms with telling a man he is fine, even random strangers in public places. I love their reaction to my compliment and I get a real kick out of sincerely giving those compliments.

Lmao 🤣. I simply kept it moving after noticing the same attitude and energy you picked up on. In fact I regret responding to that first quote and mention of me, some people just come here spoiling for a fight, trying to draw you into a needless argument and e-war. I jump and pass, is and will be my default reaction this year.

Girl, stop being a bloody clown. Be fucking mature. Who the bleep are you that I would come here spoiling for a fight? Because I didn’t start it ‘I respect your opinion’? What exactly do I want to fight you for? Did I personally attack you? What do you think an argument online is? Were you pressed when you were typing paragraphs about the same opinion?

I knew you would respond to that because you’re a clown. Anyone that doesn’t agree with you is on a rant or angry; I don’t blame either of you. I regret mentioning you in the first place too. No be your fault

3 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by onumadu: 8:32pm On Feb 18, 2023
Klass99:

You are not the only ones moved by what you see o, I like good looking men and I have no qualms with telling a man he is fine, even random strangers in public places. I love their reaction to my compliment and I get a real kick out of sincerely giving those compliments.

If you are like this in real life, believe me you will make an EXCITING wife.
I didn't say that all men would like your type, but the one that do will do so PASSIONATELY.
And this comment is coming from an EXPERIENCED married man. cool

3 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by Klass99(f): 8:39pm On Feb 18, 2023
smiley

3 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by onumadu: 8:44pm On Feb 18, 2023
Maysdevices:

This is laughable coming from a gender that just stopped having more than two women legally at a time, if you really believe a man cheats because there’s something missing, it’s your personal opinion. Because its literally nature.

Well, thanks for the explanation.

But did you say "a gender that just stopped having more than two women legally at a time"?

When did polygamy become illegal in Nigeria?

If you marry traditionally in Nigeria, you can marry 50 women. And it is LEGAL.

Na awa culture be dat. cheesy cool

I already told you not all men are the same, so we are speaking generally. The majority of men are not like you and you know it. How many men have this sort of mature opinion? Your comment implies there is almost no woman fit enough for a man as most with or without means will always have a woman on the side so what’s really the issue? Almost no woman is never enough?

I have nothing to say to the rest of your mention. What I know for a fact is that science agrees with me so no need to argue your personal opinion.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

I would say that science agrees with BOTH OF US.
However, is it possible to still have one wife who handles a man well enough for him to not need a second wife?
Of course YES!
My position on such things is unique to me (and all discerning persons out there); and it is that "THE NOTION THAT ALL MEN (OR WOMEN) ARE CREATED EQUAL IS A LIE".
Certain man may be able to COMFORTABLY satisfy 10 women in a single day, while some men struggle to satisfy even one wife once a week. Same applies to women.
That is why COMPATIBILITY is KEY in marriage.

3 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by onumadu: 8:50pm On Feb 18, 2023
Klass99:

I am glad you think so wink. I don't even want or need all men to like me, just one man and the good sort.

You're very much welcome.
And like you said,you don't need ALL men to like you,.
You just need to find your type and make sure he marries you.
FIND HIM, and in time he will see that what you share (in compatibility) is strong enough to take you on a lifelong journey called marriage.
Good luck babe! wink
Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by Maysdevices(f): 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2023
onumadu:

Well, thanks for the explanation.

But did you say "a gender that just stopped having more than two women legally at a time"?

When did polygamy become illegal in Nigeria?

If you marry traditionally in Nigeria, you can marry 50 women. And it is LEGAL.

Na awa culture be dat. cheesy cool

I would say that science agrees with BOTH OF US.

However, is it possible to still have one wife who handles a man well enough for him to not need a second wife?
Of course YES!

My position on such things is unique to me (and all discerning persons out there); and it is that "THE NOTION THAT ALL MEN (OR WOMEN) ARE CREATED EQUAL IS A LIE".
Certain man may be able to COMFORTABLY satisfy 10 women in a single day, while some men struggle to satisfy even one wife once a week. Same applies to women.
That is why COMPATIBILITY is KEY in marriage.

Lol. You are right! I always think globally when I’m talking about these things. But it is not so common anymore. My reason for pouring that out is that men still have an askew view of what women and marriage should be due to hundreds years of having access to multiple women.

Also correct. Science does agree with both of us.

I never said it was impossible but you have to agree it is almost rare, especially for men of means. Many men are all about sex and that is what relationships are to them.

You have to agree that most men are not are evolved as you. Especially African men.

But you are also absolutely correct and I have thought about this before but never really dwelled on it. The reason for this should be that men and women usually look for the wrong things when searching for a partner. Once there is compatibility, those usually go out the window.

3 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by NaBanga: 11:00pm On Feb 18, 2023
They can even kill. Here in the US a married Indian doctor killed an African American woman, because she decided to move on with another man. It's ego dear. cry

1 Like

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by onumadu: 4:32am On Feb 19, 2023
Maysdevices:

I never said it was impossible but you have to agree it is almost rare, especially for men of means. Many men are all about sex and that is what relationships are to them.

You have to agree that most men are not are evolved as you. Especially African men.

But you are also absolutely correct and I have thought about this before but never really dwelled on it. The reason for this should be that men and women usually look for the wrong things when searching for a partner. Once there is compatibility, those usually go out the window.

You are absolutely correct about the compatibility thingy.
Compatibility remains the key.
And most people don't know this truth until AFTER being married.
A lot of people go along with societal "norms" (the typical mono-normative worldview that underlie most western marriages).
The problem though is that once they've been married for a few years (usually under 5 years), they start noticing dissimilarities in their worldviews.
All those talks of "love" start being replaced by sighs of discontent and, soon enough, they start seeing things outside of their marriage that they know they need, for sure, but can't have "in-house".
The least that happens is cheating and serious discord.
The most is divorce.
This is why I keep saying that marriage is for MATURE minds. And maturity is not necessarily age-related.
I've seen mature teenage girls, and have also seen immature 40-something year old women.
Same applies to men.
Once a couple is mentally mature, they can handle almost ANY eventualities.
But if a couple is not sure of their own maturity, or compatibility, they should not marry. Period.

1 Like

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by Tayorshd2(m): 5:39pm On Feb 19, 2023
OgaMadam:
Wonders shall never cease.

I need help to decode especially from the masculine side why a man who is married and comfortably cheating on his wife would then almost die when finding out that his mistress also tied the knot.

A mistress who has created options for herself, rightfully moving on with life and getting out of the way so that the married man and his real wife can resume a healthy normal family life - now the married married man wants to die.

Do men really think they can comfortably own both wife and mistress? It cant work oh. Mistress must go and solve her issues and allow the man to continue with his life.

Condition might made him marry the wife but in reality the mistress is d real love he needs in his life.

Meaning finnding real love after marriage it do happens 🤔

Make God help person

2 Likes

Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by efficiencie(m): 9:55am On Feb 20, 2023
OgaMadam:
Wonders shall never cease.

I need help to decode especially from the masculine side why a man who is married and comfortably cheating on his wife would then almost die when finding out that his mistress also tied the knot.

A mistress who has created options for herself, rightfully moving on with life and getting out of the way so that the married man and his real wife can resume a healthy normal family life - now the married married man wants to die.

Do men really think they can comfortably own both wife and mistress? It cant work oh. Mistress must go and solve her issues and allow the man to continue with his life.

First, the real victims here are the man that the mistress married and the wife of the philanderer. I pity them. They will suffer untold suffering. If the man should go broke or become ill or travel for a long time, his olosho wife will immediately fall back on the deek she has always known. As for the idiotic man who wants to die because his mistress got married, such men deserve to be punished accordingly because they are olosho-manufacturers yet they will not desire to marry an olosho.
Re: A Married Man Almost Died When His Mistress Got Married. by mbahdi(m): 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2023
Sorry na him name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wife Remarries In Husband’s Home Takes Children, Property Away / I Iron My Clothes With Gas Because Of No Electricity (photo) / Nigerian Lady Seeks Advice On How To Stop Loving Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.