Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,292 members, 7,860,699 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:32 PM

About My Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About My Faith (121 Views)

How I Built My Faith In God / My Faith Turning To An Atheist / Faith And David Oyedepo During Their Courtship Days (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

About My Faith by Mattias08: 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
I’m a yoruba guy born and bred into Christianity(a konk one)but since my junior school my mind always question it but mom won’t allow me to
So about 2/3years ago I started consulting my root(IFA)and I was told on many occasions I was told to return to my root and be an initiate(ifa tite)but the mental slavery that Christianity cause still create the fear in me that I’ll go to hell lol. Since childhood I’ve never been happy,can’t hold a relationship for so long,my life is not meaningful but they keep telling me to go back to my root even I met one yankee woman on fb,she’s a therapist,she also told me to go back to my root and I’ll live a good life and have plenty in my possession
All I need is just a motivation from any initiate of our rich culture,I want to be free from this mental slavery and live a good life with the family I want to build
IFA a gbewa ooo
Re: About My Faith by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
Mattias08:
All I need is just a motivation from any initiate of our rich culture,I want to be free from this mental slavery and live a good life with the family I want to build
IFA a gbewa ooo
Have you considered first disconnecting from religion and all of the elements that go with it entirely first? Your parents also believed having you indoctrinated from your childhood would make you happy but look how that turned out for you. So what makes you quick to believe that listening to these other people will be any different for you? undecided

Stepping away from it all first and reassessing the place of religion should be your first and ultimate step. All I see you doing here is exchanging one set of religious shackles for another. Look at the many others who have done just the same. They aren't any happier than you are even though they claim to be. And never listened to a Nigerian tell you of how much happier they are in religion. The average Nigerian is instead bent on bringing others to their side at all cost- spread around the suffering - more than they are interested in helping see others free from slavery to religion of men. undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Cross, The Resurrection... And Eternity / UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 65. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 27/02/2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.