Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo (26283 Views)

Nigerians Need Cash Now – Osinbajo Speaks On Naira Scarcity / Doctors, Nurses Will Be Our Agents At Polling Units – Labour Party / You Talk Too Much: I Was Referring To Security Agents, not El-Rufai -NSA Monguno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Realrealfact: 10:02am On Feb 22, 2023
Moneyboyz:
Pepsi company no dey take transfer?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by 989900: 10:03am On Feb 22, 2023
Dey play.

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by israelmao(m): 10:06am On Feb 22, 2023
Go to depot of these brands in each state place orders and do e-payment,your vote-buying plan has been checkmated by CBN.
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Bromax: 10:06am On Feb 22, 2023
This boy is just a disgrace to himself and family. I wish say Gani fit wake up slap u then go back to him grave
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by DKM123: 10:09am On Feb 22, 2023
Transfer the money to thier account. It's not rocket science. Ole burukus.
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by FidoNido: 10:11am On Feb 22, 2023
This is all we know how to do, make fun of everything, an average Nigerian is a comedian, I for one, am feeling the brunt of this cashless policy, is it normal to pay 20% charges on pos transactions? How normal is it that I have to sleep without electricity not because their was no light but because my bank apps will not even come up talkless of recharging my prepay meter. Suddenly PDP and LP are now friends with Buhari despite the fact that his policy is biting hard. This is why I will always say Nigerians are not serious, we r a reflection of our leaders.
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by chukwuoke(m): 10:12am On Feb 22, 2023
You be fool. After this election you will be judge
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by phorget(m): 10:12am On Feb 22, 2023
Dem wan buy Pepsi and Coke for their agents of darkness.
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Ndleabilli: 10:12am On Feb 22, 2023
End of bat

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Pat081: 10:15am On Feb 22, 2023
Only APC carry this matter for head pass other parties why
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by FuckAnyFuckable: 10:16am On Feb 22, 2023
Most of you guys here are being nepotic and stupid..you don't read, you don't listen or watch videos, you look at heading and rush to comment. How f*cking stupid are thou.

I expect all y'all flat brains to get confused, I don't give the f*ck and won't respond to you.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said.

F*ck all haters of the successful y'all f*cked for life.
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by alcuin(m): 10:18am On Feb 22, 2023
Keyamo was just making an example.

Of course, the average Nigerian just believes what he/she is told at face value without investigation. I watched the full interview and Keyamo was buttressing the fact that there is an amount of money sanctioned by law to be used for elections at any level in Nigeria. This is constitutional. This money is meant to cater to the logistics and welfare of Polling Agents on election day. The reference to "Coke and Pepsi" is just metaphorical that Polling Agents need to the catered for on that day.

Note, all political parties do it and it is lawful.

It's sad that looking at the comments here, nobody really understood the main issue.
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by petermichaels(m): 10:20am On Feb 22, 2023
YOU SEE HIS FACE AND YOU CANT HELP BUT SEE THE FACE OF A MAN WITHOUT INTEGRITY. WHAT A SHAME
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by ajani1978(m): 10:22am On Feb 22, 2023
asanausana91:
just because this guy is a fool, he thought everybody is a fool. You want to buy coke why not transfer? This man is a fool I swear.

Think deep before you comment, how many transfer? Is all of them are in the same place.
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by biafranrealson: 10:26am On Feb 22, 2023
Rubbish
All agents have account
Add pepsi and gala money when paying them via transfer.
You just want to buy vote .
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Ahmeduana(m): 10:27am On Feb 22, 2023
advanceDNA:
Nigerian politicians are clowns
Walai they are mega super clowns!
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by biafranrealson: 10:27am On Feb 22, 2023
ajani1978:

Think deep before you comment, how many transfer? Is all of them are in the same place.

But agents will be paid for their service
Will they take cash ?
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:28am On Feb 22, 2023
Kingsley34:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l72_R9485W8?t=19

The spokesman for the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council, Festus Keyamo, has defended President Muhammadu Buhari on the redesign of the naira notes initiated by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

Buhari had in a nationwide broadcast on Thursday extended the validity of the old N200 notes till April 10.

The president, however, declared that the old N500 and N1000 notes had ceased to be legal tender contrary to the Supreme Court’s order which insisted that all the old notes remain valid pending the determination of the suit on February 22.

The development had led to violent protests in Lagos, Ogun Oyo and other parts of the country.

The Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, and his counterparts in Kano, Jigawa, Lagos, and Ogun had rejected the president’s directive and insisted the old naira notes remain legal tender until the apex court determines otherwise.

Keyamo, who reacted to the development in a Channels Television’s programme “The 2023 Verdict on Friday,” said the president might have been advised wrongly on the matter.

He said the decision of the APC governors to take the Nigerian government to court on the policy was a true federalism in action.

Keyamo said: “My view is that the President acted honestly without intention to slight the Supreme Court, but he may have acted on wrong advice.

“I did not give that advice; it is not my responsibility. I don’t know who gave that advice. I want to say this openly because tomorrow, people will ask me where I stood at this time.

“He thought he was playing safe by saying, ‘Before you decide this matter in court, may I just provide some middle ground so that country burning, there are riots everywhere, so let me just try and provide some succour to the people, whilst acknowledging the matters are in court.’

“Now, if I were to advise him, I would have advised differently. I did not advise him. It’s not my responsibility; I don’t know who. The best thing is comply strictly with the terms of the order of the Supreme Court that all the old naira notes should circulate for now side by side with the new notes because that is the order of the Supreme Court.

“All authorities in Nigeria must obey the orders of the Supreme Court. Anything to the contrary is a descent into anarchy.

“It’s federalism in action. Those who are clamouring for true federalism – this is true federalism in action. People are thinking that this is the first time that governors of the APC are taking the President to court. It’s not.

“On various issues, they have always challenged the President in court. It doesn’t affect their amity; it doesn’t affect the cohesion of the party; it doesn’t affect the cohesion of these individuals.”

Source:https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/naira-buhari-may-have-acted-on-wrong-advice-keyamo/%3famp
you wantu buy them Cokecain
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Danieldeni4: 10:28am On Feb 22, 2023
Will Nigeria ever be better?
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by decomposer(m): 10:29am On Feb 22, 2023
Omg see wenti our so elders dey talk.
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by able20(m): 10:31am On Feb 22, 2023
All the naira thieves are speaking up
During Electron Keyamo, Tinubu, El-Rufia, and Ganduje suddenly became good Samaritans
If Apc need cash they should contact the Bullion Van caretaker Tinubu
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by NwaliE01: 10:32am On Feb 22, 2023
Oga festus, do transfer or better still use other denominations. Abi na only #500 and #1000 notes that is our legal tender?
Vote buying will not work this time.
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Nec41: 10:36am On Feb 22, 2023
Kingsley34:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l72_R9485W8?t=19

The spokesman for the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council, Festus Keyamo, has defended President Muhammadu Buhari on the redesign of the naira notes initiated by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

Buhari had in a nationwide broadcast on Thursday extended the validity of the old N200 notes till April 10.

The president, however, declared that the old N500 and N1000 notes had ceased to be legal tender contrary to the Supreme Court’s order which insisted that all the old notes remain valid pending the determination of the suit on February 22.

The development had led to violent protests in Lagos, Ogun Oyo and other parts of the country.

The Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, and his counterparts in Kano, Jigawa, Lagos, and Ogun had rejected the president’s directive and insisted the old naira notes remain legal tender until the apex court determines otherwise.

Keyamo, who reacted to the development in a Channels Television’s programme “The 2023 Verdict on Friday,” said the president might have been advised wrongly on the matter.

He said the decision of the APC governors to take the Nigerian government to court on the policy was a true federalism in action.

Keyamo said: “My view is that the President acted honestly without intention to slight the Supreme Court, but he may have acted on wrong advice.

“I did not give that advice; it is not my responsibility. I don’t know who gave that advice. I want to say this openly because tomorrow, people will ask me where I stood at this time.

“He thought he was playing safe by saying, ‘Before you decide this matter in court, may I just provide some middle ground so that country burning, there are riots everywhere, so let me just try and provide some succour to the people, whilst acknowledging the matters are in court.’

“Now, if I were to advise him, I would have advised differently. I did not advise him. It’s not my responsibility; I don’t know who. The best thing is comply strictly with the terms of the order of the Supreme Court that all the old naira notes should circulate for now side by side with the new notes because that is the order of the Supreme Court.

“All authorities in Nigeria must obey the orders of the Supreme Court. Anything to the contrary is a descent into anarchy.

“It’s federalism in action. Those who are clamouring for true federalism – this is true federalism in action. People are thinking that this is the first time that governors of the APC are taking the President to court. It’s not.

“On various issues, they have always challenged the President in court. It doesn’t affect their amity; it doesn’t affect the cohesion of the party; it doesn’t affect the cohesion of these individuals.”

Source:https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/naira-buhari-may-have-acted-on-wrong-advice-keyamo/%3famp
You mean this is the only reason you and APC are dragging CBN to court?
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by DNA4ALL(m): 10:40am On Feb 22, 2023
200 naira notes no fit buy coke or Pepsi ni lol. These people really think Nigerians are glad fools?
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by DavidEsq(m): 10:41am On Feb 22, 2023
fijiuba:
Koke and Pepsi drown and kee you dia

grin grin grin grin
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Sammy5413(m): 10:42am On Feb 22, 2023
Hehehe your Papa, go to stores they accept transfers so you buy the drinks in quantity

1 Like

Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by blowjohn(m): 10:42am On Feb 22, 2023
So u mean u will only give them coke and Pepsi without meat pie? Won't they eat too?
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by blowjohn(m): 10:43am On Feb 22, 2023
NwaliE01:
Oga festus, do transfer or better still use other denominations. Abi na only #500 and #1000 notes that is our legal tender?
Vote buying will not work this time.

How many 200 naira notes u don see?
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by FireUpNow(m): 10:47am On Feb 22, 2023
What arrant nonsense from Keyamo
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by Gbeng30(m): 10:48am On Feb 22, 2023
Look at this idiot, he will just open his mouth and talk rubbish.. You think all Nigerian are gullible as you are...
Re: We Need Cash To Buy Coke & Pepsi For Our Agents & Not To Buy Votes - Keyamo by lilyheaven: 11:00am On Feb 22, 2023
Can’t he do transfer with his phone or use his atm card.
Revolution2022:
The agent should go along with a bottle water.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely / Emeka Ojukwu Jnr Visits APC Headquarters, Reveals Why He Dumped APGA (Photos) / Before Nigeria Goes The Way Of Rwanda By Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.