Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) (35425 Views)

Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! / Please Help My PC Is Displaying Another Person Bitcoin Address / What Laptop (pc)is Best For Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by GloriousGbola: 11:42am On Feb 26, 2023
ObosiUkwalla:

We don't need 50% accuracy, we want it 100%

Then you can post your own answer.

You clearly have no idea what an mbr is
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ObosiUkwalla: 11:43am On Feb 26, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Then you can post your own answer.

You clearly have no idea what an mbr is

Urchin, pls shut it
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by scantee(m): 11:44am On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:
So, I've been using this pc for quite some time now apart from the back up that it does not have, everything else is working perfectly until last year around June when I discovered that it's enter button and some other 2/3 buttons ain't functional again but since there's screen keyboard, I don't necessarily bother much about it as I can still be managing it.. So it wasn't in used as I do use it frequently again, so there's nothing to worry about until around December last year that I wanna use it and it started displaying this BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND

I don't know what's wrong with it maybe it's software problems or hardware.. Please any solution would be highly appreciated.

Change your booting order to root directory (Csmiley make it FIRST option

Is obvious your system is selecting a wrong booting device
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by AbbeySOM: 11:44am On Feb 26, 2023
Your HDD is either bad or disconnected. You may need to replace and re-install
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by BBQZ: 11:44am On Feb 26, 2023
Hope say that lappy no fall for ground or hard surface. There might be a physical damage to the drive if that happened especially when u have a HDD drive.

So that u don't waste time trying all the other options. Ull almost always hear continuous clicking sounds if that the case. A total drive replacement is ur only option here.

It might also be that the drive has gone off its onboard connector. If u've got the skill, u could easily check and reconnect properly

Also ensure that while powering up, no other devices like external drives, phones or USB are connected to the ports. This is cuz sometimes it based on config, ur PC searches for os in the wrong location like phones and external drives that are connected to it....obviously, it wouldn't find any on them

After all these checks, proceed to other options being proffered.

Especially note that u should check your boot sequence and ensure that your hard drive is the first drive that your PC checks and looks for an OS on...

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by malware: 11:44am On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:
So, I've been using this pc for quite some time now apart from the back up that it does not have, everything else is working perfectly until last year around June when I discovered that it's enter button and some other 2/3 buttons ain't functional again but since there's screen keyboard, I don't necessarily bother much about it as I can still be managing it.. So it wasn't in used as I do use it frequently again, so there's nothing to worry about until around December last year that I wanna use it and it started displaying this BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND

I don't know what's wrong with it maybe it's software problems or hardware.. Please any solution would be highly appreciated.

The hard drive must have shifted from its position. Open the back cover, remove the hard drive and put it back, remove the RAM and put it back, restart the system. Else, the OS has been removed via formatting.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 26, 2023
APC virus is the course
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Omalico: 11:44am On Feb 26, 2023
If it is inbuilt, loose it and remove the battery wire and put it back
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Ubanz: 11:44am On Feb 26, 2023
The operating system has crashed.
It usually occurs when desktop computers shut down abdruptly especially when it's not connected to UPS.
U need to run another OS. If the operating system came with the system, you can can reset it to factory settings. Otherwise u need to run the OS via DVD ROM. When u want to run the CD make sure to go into setup and choose boot from CD ROM. Otherwise u take it to a qualified computer technician.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Asebaba1(m): 11:45am On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

Go to the bios setting and enable legacy boot
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 11:46am On Feb 26, 2023
This is a simple issue, your windows software as an issue, it from your harddisk,
1st try installing a new windows if it doesn't work just go and get a new harddisk. Thanks
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by chibu4u2(m): 11:47am On Feb 26, 2023
Most possible causeis that the hard disk may not be making proper contact with the board. I sujjest u simply remove and insert thehard disk back.

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Uthmaniyya: 11:48am On Feb 26, 2023
The problem is from your hard disk drive
Either it has shaken, or it was removed or, the window in it is corrupt
So don't panic
Loose the back of ur PC where the HDD is located and remove it, then insert it properly and if u observe there is much space after inserting it,i.e, the space for the HDD is oversized, cut some piece of carton or paper fold to the space size and place it there, then close and tie the nuts back.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by GentleRay: 11:48am On Feb 26, 2023
Remove any external devices attached to the system, if any. Go to BOIS, by tapping the function key, change the booting sequence. It will work.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by windvane(m): 11:49am On Feb 26, 2023
BenedictAbajue:
Are you a programmer? Did you try something
nasty with your os? Is something wrong with
your hard drive?
Have you ever pressed one of those function
keys during boot up? I'm only guessing

On a second thought, try asking Google. I'm serious about this
a file is missing from the operating system,it is most caused by not shutting down your pc properly....light no stable
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by xenten: 11:51am On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

your hard disk is bad or is about to get spoilt. take it to experts to run diagnostics for you.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by emykinto: 11:51am On Feb 26, 2023
Go to ur PC BIOS setup, go to boot settings, turn off/on legacy depending on how u see it…u can reach me on diz line…07063764801
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by emykinto: 11:52am On Feb 26, 2023
Go to ur PC BIOS setup, go to boot device settings, turn off/on legacy depending on how u see it…u can reach me on diz line…07063764801
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by GloriousGbola: 11:57am On Feb 26, 2023
ObosiUkwalla:

Urchin, pls shut it

Mbr means master boot record. It exists on every disk. If it is corrupted the disk appears as 'local disk' and gives prompts to format.

This can happen if the disk is disconnected during an operation

It can be fixed via check disk if the drive is 500gb or less.

Let it not be said that I did not teach a fool and dunce something new today. Not that you have the intellectual competence to comprehend what I wrote

Your vocabulary begins and ends with urchin.

Hopefully you will not run mad after the results of the election are collated. You are already showing signs

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by olaoye2008: 11:58am On Feb 26, 2023
Remove your hard drive and carefully place it back.
If that continues try it out with another hard drive.
It is hard drive related issue

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by h0pze3: 11:59am On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

Go into ur bios and change from secured boot to legacy
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by hustla(m): 11:59am On Feb 26, 2023
udemzyudex:
Immediately you power it on,press the f9 key if it is a HP laptop,it will show the list of boot device,if you can't find your HDD listed there then probably HDD has shifted from it connector but if it there ,just go to bios setup and enable legacy.

Chei

This used to be the fix for my old school HP 530 back then

udemzy, how far? u still dey go betting thread? I remember you from back in the day

grin
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Uchezzy208(m): 12:00pm On Feb 26, 2023
Bro it’s a simple issue and your hard disk has shifted and you need to fix it by yourself.
Just open the back of the laptop where the hard disk is and place it well and off your laptop when doing so.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by lawrenzoo: 12:00pm On Feb 26, 2023
Your hardrive probably shook or you probably don't have any windows on your hardrive.

ROYH:

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Ecomfreecourse: 12:01pm On Feb 26, 2023
Change your hard drive
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Judolisco(m): 12:01pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

ur hard drive has shifted... Open d system... Insert it properly
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Moneyboyz: 12:05pm On Feb 26, 2023
Probably hard drive, remove and reinsert your hard drive properly. It should be fixed I think.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Osamanelly(m): 12:05pm On Feb 26, 2023
The hard disk is bad go buy new one

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Ray07(m): 12:07pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

One, either your hard drive is faulty or a virus attack. The virus wipes everything on your HDD including the os.

Faulty HDD also does the same.
My laptop had similar issue back then. I lost important files on several occasions. embarassed
Had to replace the hard drive.

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by brightk(m): 12:08pm On Feb 26, 2023
First check if your hard drive connection is intact

Did u or ur engineer downgrade your operating system say windows 10 to windows 7? if yes u have disabled UEFI BOOTING options to legacy to support older windows operating system.

You made mention of no backup (battery). Most laptops now dont come with a cmos battery.. settings stored on bios are being backed up by the laptop battery. so if the battery is dead, there is no way the bios setting can be saved hence it results to going back to factory settings which is UEFI booting and ur pc is set to legacy boot..

my take here is this replace laptop battery and go into bios setting and allow legacy boot options.

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by DeCYRIKS(m): 12:10pm On Feb 26, 2023
From the look of things, your HDD is not making firm contact as it has shifted from position. Try opening the laptop to sit it back to position. If it continues, you may have to reload the OS, possibly with new HDD.

Thank me later.
ROYH:

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by BigCowHornn: 12:10pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:
I'll try this tonight then cause I've tried pressing the f10 button and trying to navigate to the system configuration settings but discovered that my ( navigation button ain't working any more)

Get a keyboard and plug it in a port and you are good to go.

The only problem is I don't see you HDD listed in that svreensjot. Chances are it has shifted and that's what is causing this

Open up the back of your PC

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / How To Give Your Usb Devices A Background Image / Mtn F@stlink Software Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.