Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) - Computers (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) (35429 Views)

Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! / Please Help My PC Is Displaying Another Person Bitcoin Address / What Laptop (pc)is Best For Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 11:36pm On Feb 26, 2023
The first attachment is the page that's showing after pressing the F10 key and I know I'll have to navigate to the "system configuration" for me to perform the necessary actions which unfortunately, it's only the USB keyboard can be use to do so right now.

By pressing the F2 button, it shows me the second attachment image below.

And lasty, it's making a "click click" sound right now when I put it on.

PS : I tried hitting the backpack hoping I'd be lucky the effect will have the HDD shiffed back into its right position grin it's after that I noticed and started hearing the little sounds it's making. plus the third attachment is the battery warning.. And I read along your sentence that it can be caused be the battery too
SUXXI:
Your laptop is having bios configuration issue. You meed to buy USB keyboard.Then goto your bios,goto boot option and disable secure boot and enable legacy option. Save your settings and it will detect your hard disk and boot to desktop. You also need to change your cmos battery in your laptop. The battery is dead so all settings have returned to default settings. Most laptop cmos battery have been causing such issues. I have fixed lots of hp and dell laptop with such problem.

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 11:56pm On Feb 26, 2023
Actually I just started hearing that sound tonight as I powered it on.. It wasn't making any before but I noticed that it started doing so when I hit the backspack hoping the effect of the hitting will shift the drive into its right position embarassed
BBQZ:
Ull almost always hear continuous clicking sounds if that the case. A total drive replacement is ur only option here
Is it making that sound because of the below statement?
It might also be that the drive has gone off its onboard connector. If u've got the skill, u could easily check and reconnect properly

Can't do do this right now cause even when I pressed the F2 Button, this is what I got
Especially note that u should check your boot sequence and ensure that your hard drive is the first drive that your PC checks and looks for an OS on...

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by castynept(m): 12:11am On Feb 27, 2023
You might have a dead Cmos battery.

Before that, try going into your boot setup (F2) and change your boot mode from LEGACY to UEFI. Save and restart.

Thank me later!

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 12:30am On Feb 27, 2023
There's no doubt about the battery, it's totally dead.
castynept:
You might have a dead Cmos battery.

Before that, try going into your boot setup (F2) and change your boot mode from LEGACY to UEFI. Save and restart.

Thank me later!
I think it's the HDD that's having problems, I could detect its making little little clicks clicks sound tonight.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by GloriousGbola: 12:47am On Feb 27, 2023
ROYH:
There's no doubt about the battery, it's totally dead.
I think it's the HDD that's having problems, I could detect its making little little clicks clicks sound tonight.

Once a hard drive is clicking it is almost certainly dead. Sometimes it happens when the connector is loose, but most times it means the drive is bad.

Option 1 If you can afford it buy a brand new ssd. It must be a brand name ssd. All these China ssds can fail without any warning (has happened to me).

Option 2 Tokunbo Samsung ssd. Samsung is the ssd leader. If not Samsung maybe crucial

Option 3 new hard disk - problem they will sell you used as new. At the minimum check any drive you are offered. The year is always on the body.

If you have another device and a drive connector, you can scan the drive with crystal disk info which will tell you how old the drive is, how many times it has been powered on how many bad sectors it has and if it is in danger.

For laptops You can also buy a seagate portable drive, remove it from the case and use as internal drive. This only works with seagate as other portable drives no longer have Internal sata connectors

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by GloriousGbola: 12:52am On Feb 27, 2023
ROYH:
Thank you chef. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.. But then as a system engineer, please how much is the cost of used Samsung SSD would be and did you suggest I get an external keyboard for the original keyboard that's already malfunctioning or I should just work (get the keyboard fixed)? I'd be awaiting your response.. Thanks once again

Type Samsung ssd in jiji

For your keyboard I can't tell. I once gave a laptop to someone to fix and when I got it back the keyboard was malfunctioning. I got a new keyboard, same thing. I think the guy flashed the wrong bios or something. So it was not a physical hardware issue.

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by litaninja(m): 1:22am On Feb 27, 2023
You should be able to plug in an external keyboard just in case it's necessary to make any BIOS changes.
For the original error: https://www.nairaland.com/7581078/pc-displaying-how-solve-it/3#121261235

ROYH:

Is this the possible solution you're taking here that you said you've provided?
I never make changes to the boot system, even if I wanted to, I couldn't due to fact the the key to use in selecting and carrying out the actions isn't working

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 1:30am On Feb 27, 2023
Thank You Man!
litaninja:
You should be able to plug in an external keyboard just in case it's necessary to make any BIOS changes.
For the original error: https://www.nairaland.com/7581078/pc-displaying-how-solve-it/3#121261235

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 1:39am On Feb 27, 2023
Ooooops!
This lappy Sha Wan get its parts change.
GloriousGbola:

Once a hard drive is clicking it is almost certainly dead. Sometimes it happens when the connector is loose, but most times it means the drive is bad.

Option 1 If you can afford it buy a brand new ssd. It must be a brand name ssd. All these China ssds can fail without any warning (has happened to me).

Option 2 Tokunbo Samsung ssd. Samsung is the ssd leader. If not Samsung maybe crucial

Option 3 new hard disk - problem they will sell you used as new. At the minimum check any drive you are offered. The year is always on the body.

If you have another device and a drive connector, you can scan the drive with crystal disk info which will tell you how old the drive is, how many times it has been powered on how many bad sectors it has and if it is in danger.

For laptops You can also buy a seagate portable drive, remove it from the case and use as internal drive. This only works with seagate as other portable drives no longer have Internal sata connectors
Thank you, I'll just get a USB keyboard then and replace the hdd with ssd.
GloriousGbola:

Type Samsung ssd in jiji

For your keyboard I can't tell. I once gave a laptop to someone to fix and when I got it back the keyboard was malfunctioning. I got a new keyboard, same thing. I think the guy flashed the wrong bios or something. So it was not a physical hardware issue.
Thank You Dire!
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:43pm On Feb 27, 2023
ROYH:
So, I've been using this pc for quite some time now apart from the back up that it does not have, everything else is working perfectly until last year around June when I discovered that it's enter button and some other 2/3 buttons ain't functional again but since there's screen keyboard, I don't necessarily bother much about it as I can still be managing it.. So it wasn't in used as I do use it frequently again, so there's nothing to worry about until around December last year that I wanna use it and it started displaying this BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND

I don't know what's wrong with it maybe it's software problems or hardware.. Please any solution would be highly appreciated.

This is a very minor issue, have you fixed it?
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:44pm On Feb 27, 2023
ROYH:
Ooooops!
This lappy Sha Wan get its parts change.
Thank you, I'll just get a USB keyboard then and replace the hdd with ssd.

Thank You Dire!

Don’t replace any parts
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 7:44pm On Feb 27, 2023
Is there a way around it without replacement?
iLoveYouToo:

Don’t replace any parts
Haven't fix it yet.. You said minor issue.
Care to share your plight?
iLoveYouToo:

This is a very minor issue, have you fixed it?
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:47pm On Feb 27, 2023
ROYH:
Is there a way around it without replacement?
Haven't fix it yet.. You said minor issue.
Care to share your plight?

Let’s do it together. Boot the pc and show me a pic. I need you to enter the bios setup
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 8:01pm On Feb 27, 2023
Unfortunately, I can't use the arrow buttons to navigate as it's not functioning and there's no external keyboard around here..
iLoveYouToo:

Let’s do it together. Boot the pc and show me a pic. I need you to enter the bios setup
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:07pm On Feb 27, 2023
ROYH:
Unfortunately, I can't use the arrow buttons to navigate as it's not functioning and there's no external keyboard around here..
. Hmmmn. You need a keyboard.

Well, whenever you get one, just enable Legacy mode in BIOS then save and exit

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:09pm On Feb 27, 2023
ROYH:
So, I've been using this pc for quite some time now apart from the back up that it does not have, everything else is working perfectly until last year around June when I discovered that it's enter button and some other 2/3 buttons ain't functional again but since there's screen keyboard, I don't necessarily bother much about it as I can still be managing it.. So it wasn't in used as I do use it frequently again, so there's nothing to worry about until around December last year that I wanna use it and it started displaying this BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND

I don't know what's wrong with it maybe it's software problems or hardware.. Please any solution would be highly appreciated.

From that screen you can enter Bios setup by pressing either of keys f8 to f10 (dunno which but one of the fn keys should carry you through to bios setup).

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 8:11pm On Feb 27, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

From that screen you can enter Bios setup by pressing either of keys f8 to f10 (dunno which but one of the fn keys should carry you through to bios setup).

Thanks.. Similar solution to yours too have been provided here by others. If not for the keyboard, I'd have known by now if it's a crashed hdd or its just the bio os issue
iLoveYouToo:

From that screen you can enter Bios setup by pressing either of f8 to f10
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:13pm On Feb 27, 2023
ROYH:
Thanks.. Similar solution to yours too have been provided here by others. If not for the keyboard, I'd have known by now if it's a crashed hdd or its just the bio os issue

Trust me, your hard drive is fine, although you need a new keyboard and maybe a cmos battery change

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 8:24pm On Feb 27, 2023
Wow, I swear, you're raising my hopes high right now cause I've been downcast on the hard drive issues if it turns out it's the one that needs replacing.
I'll surely get the external keyboard and I know fully well myself that the battery is totally dead, I mean DEAD but it's because I haven't been using it heavily laidat, that's why I haven't replace it yet but once I get the bio settings up sort out and it works I'll definitely change the battery asap
PS: IT'S ALREADY MAKING A CLICKS SOUND CONTINOUSLY WHEN ITS ON.. THIS STARTED YESTERDAY AFTER I TRIED TO HIT THE BACKSPACE HOPING IT'LL BE OF HELP
iLoveYouToo:

Trust me, your hard drive is fine, although you need a new keyboard and maybe a cmos battery change
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:29pm On Feb 27, 2023
ROYH:
Wow, I swear, you're raising my hopes high right now cause I've been downcast on the hard drive issues if it turns out it's the one that needs replacing.
I'll surely get the external keyboard and I know fully well myself that the battery is totally dead, I mean DEAD but it's because I haven't been using it heavily laidat, that's why I haven't replace it yet but once I get the bio settings up sort out and it works I'll definitely change the battery asap
[b][/b]PS: IT'S ALREADY MAKING A CLICKS SOUND CONTINOUSLY WHEN ITS ON.. THIS STARTED YESTERDAY AFTER I TRIED TO HIT THE BACKSPACE HOPING IT'LL BE OF HELP

Oops 😬 That clicking sound is a bad sign. SSDs r way better for longevity. Anyways, Hard drives are replaceable. Where do you reside? I fit dash you one small one to manage

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 8:49pm On Feb 27, 2023
I'd be more than happy if I could get the same one you wan dash me.. I'm currently in Abeokuta, Ogun State at this moment.. I don't know where I'd be in the next few months to come (NYSC stuff) and I wanna get this lappy fix before anything else rn cause it's like my life line
iLoveYouToo:

Oops 😬 That clicking sound is a bad sign. SSDs r way better for longevity. Anyways, Hard drives are replaceable. Where do you reside? I fit dash you one small one to manage
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:27pm On Feb 27, 2023
ROYH:
I'd be more than happy if I could get the same one you wan dash me.. I'm currently in Abeokuta, Ogun State at this moment.. I don't know where I'd be in the next few months to come (NYSC stuff) and I wanna get this lappy fix before anything else rn cause it's like my life line

Na Abuja I dey o. You no get any paddy wen dey come your way from here?

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 9:34pm On Feb 27, 2023
Not At This Moment But I will Surely Get Back To You And Even If I Don't Eventually Get It, I'm More Than Pleased Right Now As You're Willing To Help Out As An Act Of Kindness.. It Means A lot To Me And Put Smile On My Face!
iLoveYouToo:

Na Abuja I dey o. You no get any paddy wen dey come your way from here?
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:36pm On Feb 27, 2023
ROYH:
Not At This Moment But I will Surely Get Back To You And Even If I Don't Eventually Get It, I'm More Than Pleased Right Now As You're Willing To Help Out As An Act Of Kindness.. It Means A lot To Me And Put Smile On My Face!

🀝 Look in the brighter side. Just me if you find someone

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 9:46pm On Feb 27, 2023
I'll do that. Either positively (if seen) or the the latter. Thank You πŸ«‚
iLoveYouToo:

🀝 Look in the brighter side. Just me if you find someone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / How To Give Your Usb Devices A Background Image / Mtn F@stlink Software Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.