Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,900 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) (35428 Views)

Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! / Please Help My PC Is Displaying Another Person Bitcoin Address / What Laptop (pc)is Best For Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by miksonics(m): 12:10pm On Feb 26, 2023
System cannot detect hard disk storage
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by KoladeChris24(m): 12:11pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:
So, I've been using this pc for quite some time now apart from the back up that it does not have, everything else is working perfectly until last year around June when I discovered that it's enter button and some other 2/3 buttons ain't functional again but since there's screen keyboard, I don't necessarily bother much about it as I can still be managing it.. So it wasn't in used as I do use it frequently again, so there's nothing to worry about until around December last year that I wanna use it and it started displaying this BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND

I don't know what's wrong with it maybe it's software problems or hardware.. Please any solution would be highly appreciated.

You have to dig into BIOS and select your hard drive as the boot device
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by superCleanworks(m): 12:12pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:
I wanna use it and it started displaying this BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND

I don't know what's wrong with it maybe it's software problems or hardware.. Please any solution would be highly appreciated.

you need to enter your BIOS/BOOT setup and select your hard drive again as the boot device.
If you do this and it still says the same thing, then your hard disk has relocated to the grave.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Rasalghul: 12:12pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:
So, I've been using this pc for quite some time now apart from the back up that it does not have, everything else is working perfectly until last year around June when I discovered that it's enter button and some other 2/3 buttons ain't functional again but since there's screen keyboard, I don't necessarily bother much about it as I can still be managing it.. So it wasn't in used as I do use it frequently again, so there's nothing to worry about until around December last year that I wanna use it and it started displaying this BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND

Ur Hard disk is bad
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Evergreen4(m): 12:13pm On Feb 26, 2023
Check your hard drive. Maybe it shifted or you change it completely. Mine had similar issue I had to change it
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Everbryte: 12:18pm On Feb 26, 2023
great suggestion.

BIOS is not detecting the HDD, trying to boot from network.
It is to ensure the HDD is detected & boot order in proper sequence.

Re-installation should be last option.

SmartPolician:
Remove your hard drive, clean and put it back.

You will see your system working perfectly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by icn121: 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2023
The laptop in question probably fell from a height or it received an external shock (an object hit it).

Either of these could be the resultant effect:

-- the hard drive may've lost contact with the motherboard.
-- the hard drive may've crashed.

The hard drive is just the cynosure.

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by zedman1(m): 12:20pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

It happened to me once. It is one of these two things;
1. Your hard disk has been disconnected, check the connector. You probably have been moving around with it, it shook and got disconnected.
2. Your hard disk has CRASHED.

Ooops, I just looked up and saw guys writing the same problem I suspected was the cause. I think it should be the cause bro.

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by rickleye: 12:26pm On Feb 26, 2023
This is what has happened
There are usually 2 types of booting devices
UEFI ( usb )
Hard drives internal

it is booting to the device where the OS aid not installed.

So do the following
1. Remove all external devices except an external mouse and monitor cable.
2. Reboot the system

If that doesn’t work
Then
1 Reboot the system but press F2 or F12 depending on your system to get into the BIOS
2. Navigate to boot
3 make sure hard drive is selected first in the order .
4 Save.
5 reboot
This should work , If that doesn’t work

You likely have erased the OS - however the error would have been no OS found so I am confident it just couldn’t find your device where the OS was installed.

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by smithbidy(m): 12:27pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

The hard-disk don shake or get issue. Take it to engineer
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by litaninja(m): 12:28pm On Feb 26, 2023
Were you running windoz on spinning rust?

Did you get a warning about files not being able to write to disk in the last couple of weeks?

Has windoz logged onto "temporary profile" in the last couple of weeks?

Have you been experiencing longer wait times and hearing repetitive click sounds if you were running spinning rust?

If yes to one or more above, good chance your drive is done for.

Replace with an equivalent sized SSD, re-install and profit.

ROYH:

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by engineerboat(m): 12:32pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

Check if your HDD is properly connected
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by engineerboat(m): 12:34pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

1. Check of your HDD is properly connected

2. If the above is YES then check if the HDD is listed in the boot device

3. (a) If Yes then you'll need to rebuild your BCD

(b) if no then something is wrong with your HDD
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Niceiroko: 12:35pm On Feb 26, 2023
remove the hard disk and place it back or get a working harddisk
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Dom123(m): 12:38pm On Feb 26, 2023
I experience this challenge too. What I finally did was to format my system using a flash drive. To do thist I converted my flash drive to a bootable device.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by InvertedHammer: 12:41pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

/

Did you leave a USB thumb drive while trying to power on your PC? If yes, remove it. Then restart your system.

If not, you need to go into your BIOS settings to make some changes in your Boot order and see if you can Boot from other source than HDD.

Perhaps, it should be time to upgrade to SSD.

/
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Osanoghodua1: 12:41pm On Feb 26, 2023
Hard drive is bad and it may have even gone bad.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by bigbauer(m): 12:42pm On Feb 26, 2023
Greyworld:

I'm sorry I mentioned on a different thread with same issue. I didn't see this before.

This is what I got

Your Hard Disk Drive is disconnected, pull it out and push it in again. (remember to shut down first)
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Deejay1000(m): 12:43pm On Feb 26, 2023
Hello OP do you have a USB flashdrive of about 8GB if yes kindly use another PC to install windows 10 or 11 from this link below there is also steps on how to make the USB disk a bootable drive

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

You can reach back to me anytime if u are not clear

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by IotEngineer: 12:46pm On Feb 26, 2023
The partition of your hardrive where your OS is stored has crashed. Buy a new drive and reinstall.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by excelchips(m): 12:47pm On Feb 26, 2023
Your System is not seeing the Hard drive. It is most likely your hard disk has gone bad. Get a laptop repaire to check it out. You might need to replace the hard disk for it to work again
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Elsueno: 12:50pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

Ur hard drive is disconnected, just open d back & slot it back in...This usually happens when a laptop gets jiggled...No big deal, don't let anybody chop ur money, it would take less than 5 minutes to fix depending on d type of ur laptop

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by shomutuski(m): 12:51pm On Feb 26, 2023
Donpuffy:
Remove ur hard disc drive.

Clean and insert back. Let it be tightly fixed back.

Lobatan

This is the best answer, your HD is disconnected and so pc cannot load windows environment. do as he instructs

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Fash20: 12:52pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

Your hard drive may have crashed or detached from the port
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by felixawe(m): 1:01pm On Feb 26, 2023
You had to do system restore if that didn't work, there could be a hard drive bad sector that need to be repaired or fixed .
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by pharmezee(m): 1:02pm On Feb 26, 2023
Nothing is wrong with system... Your hard disk has slightly removed.. Try unscrew where the hard disk is and insert it properly. Sometimes, hard disk remove from motherboard due to the way we carry our system.

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by HAICHCONCEPTZZ(m): 1:02pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

Your hard drive may have shake from its initial position, please unscrew to put back the hard drive probably.

Or

The set up may have been unsaved from UEFI to Legacy ... you can change that from the pc setup

For HP
Restart the pc
Press F10
Locate boot Priorities
Set back to Legacy or UEFI depending on the pc

For more please call 0-90-37-57-7-0-5-5

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by rolexino(m): 1:04pm On Feb 26, 2023
If it's desktop computer or LAPTOP.

1. Check if the hard drive is properly connected
2. Run a check on the hard drive if is still working properly
3. Reload OS

It should be fine
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by rolexino(m): 1:05pm On Feb 26, 2023
If it's desktop computer or LAPTOP.

1. Check if the hard drive is properly connected
2. Run a check on the hard drive if is still working properly
3. Check your bios settings
4. Reload OS

It should be fine
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Sundaycomputer: 1:13pm On Feb 26, 2023
Call me
I fix laptop buy laptops sale laptop
08one 39. 34. 7one. 79
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by oluwafemisteven(m): 1:18pm On Feb 26, 2023
Baba, your hard drive don shake.
This may be due to constant wrong handling of your system or at maybe your PC fell down at anytime.
Just get get someone to check the hard drive and re-key thats all.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by WantsandMore: 1:19pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

change boot mode from uefi to legacy or vice versa. Better still convert your hdd to gpt or mbr depending on the type of os installed. Sha careful mk you no fry your disk. 🌚

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / How To Give Your Usb Devices A Background Image / Mtn F@stlink Software Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.