Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! (4412 Views)

My Poor Communication Ability Is Killing My Relationship With Girls / Why Dating Younger Girls Is Purely Waste Of Time / D Sweetness Between D Legs Of Naija Girls Is Far Important Than Making Heaven. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by Gideonski: 2:12am On Feb 25, 2023
Hello Nairalanders, there's something I need an advice about because I don't seem to understand or how to go about it.
I have a very introverted personality and my relationship with girls hasn't been very great. For some reason, I get turned off by girls who I think are just as introverted as I'm. I mean, I hate it when I have to be the one to always initiate a conversation and brighten up the mood even when my social skills is not very good.
I have friends who are really extroverted and seems to make girls giggle everytime which makes me envy them. These guys say whatever they like and girls seem to like it.
What have I been doing wrong? Because most times I don't usually know what to say to girls when I meet them as my head usually goes blank which makes things quite awkward.
The other thing is that I'm a very tall person 6'4, which sometimes seem to intimidate girls even whenever I try to be friendly. Whenever I try to get a girl's attention, she would just hurriedly greet me and pass as if that's what I wanted.
Please what do you guys think I need to improve on? Is it my way of approach or are there some social skills I need to learn?

3 Likes

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by LikeAking: 2:15am On Feb 25, 2023
Baba take my advice. Work on it, its a life wreaker.....
Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by Nobody: 2:20am On Feb 25, 2023
Gideonski:
Hello Nairalanders, there's something I need an advice about because I don't seem to understand or how to go about it.
I have a very introverted personality and my relationship with girls hasn't been very great. For some reason, I get turned off by girls who I think are just as introverted as I'm. I mean, I hate it when I have to be the one to always initiate a conversation and brighten up the mood even when my social skills is not very good.
I have friends who are really extroverted and seems to make girls giggle everytime which makes me envy them. These guys say whatever they like and girls seem to like it.
What have I been doing wrong? Because most times I don't usually know what to say to girls when I meet them as my head usually goes blank which makes things quite awkward.
The other thing is that I'm a very tall person 6'4, which sometimes seem to intimidate girls even whenever I try to be friendly. Whenever I try to get a girl's attention, she would just hurriedly greet me and pass as if that's what I wanted.
Please what do you guys think I need to improve on? Is it my way of approach or are there some social skills I need to learn?

First of all there is nothing wrong with your personality as naturally some people are introverts and some are extroverts...you may just need to work on your self esteem and learn some social skills a bit...dont try to change your personality it's a waste of time and you cant be like your friends...there are a lot of people that are social but are still introverts and introverts Express being social different from how extroverts express theirs in various degrees...as for ladies, dont use them to judge who you are or your self esteem..just be confident in your own skin and you wont have issues talking to them.

15 Likes

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by TradingGod: 2:29am On Feb 25, 2023
Gideonski:
lol

I hate it when I see a grown ass man giving a fvck to the antics of a broke bitch

Look OP let me tell you the truth, nothing is wrong with You, You are perfectly normal, infact take this as a blessing because the less time you spend interacting with a broke bitch the better for you

Make money and see as those same girls that rejected you will start forming familiarity wuth you once they see that you are finacilly secured

Your goal in life is to make money and not have a girlfriend, when you have money that is when you will know that you were never ugly but just broke

Broke bitches hate poor men that see sex as their purpose in life

Pick yourself up, ask yourself why are people making millions monthly and you are not,

Make money be your new girlfriend, and watch as those useless broke girls will start following you about

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by Ballzproblem2: 2:31am On Feb 25, 2023
TradingGod:
lol

I hate it when I see a grown ass man giving a fvck to the antics of a broke bitch

Look OP let me tell you the truth, nothing is wrong with You, You are perfectly normal, infact take this as a blessing because the less time you spend interacting with a broke bitch the better for you

Make moneu and see as those same girls that rejected you will start forming familiarity wuth you once they see that you are finacilly secured

Your goal in life is to make money and not have a girlfriend, when you have money that is when you will know that you were never ugly but just broke

Broke bitches hate poor men that lack purpose in life

Pick yourself up, ask yourself why are people making millions monthly and you are not,

Make money be your new girlfriend, and watch as those useless broke girls will start following you about

rambling with no cohesion

9 Likes

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by Ballzproblem2: 2:32am On Feb 25, 2023
being an introvert is not a bad thing , I'm an introvert you just have to be confident that's all, look presentable not to spooky.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by TradingGod: 2:36am On Feb 25, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
rambling with no cohesion

Another loser trying to feel relevant undecided

Money is everything in this present society

If you are not advising your fellow man to get the bag then you are evil

Because all the problems in this our world is deep rooted with money

Money is the major reasons why everybody is Obident today, if eveybody been get money during buhari time, nobody will support Obi today. So na money be the priority for this our world

Money go make the same girl that abuse you to start calling you the LOML πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by Nobody: 2:38am On Feb 25, 2023
TradingGod:

Money go make the same girl that abuse you to satrt calling you the LOML πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

If money is really everything why did people like Bill Gates and jeff Bezos still get dumped by their wives?...if you have money and you're not emotionally mature as a man you think you'll enjoy or manage your finances?... idk how most of you reason

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by woginid967: 2:45am On Feb 25, 2023
Gideonski:

Misplaced priorities is the disease affecting your mind young boss.

Sir, when ever was there a scarcity of ladies

When ever were females hard to get.

Bro use your brain or what is left of it..... Make money and you will get better ladies who will start the conversation and fall helplessly with the socially awkward man you are.

You're here wasting data when you should be making serious money.....

You're here trying to get sympathetic advice when you should be a beast hustling daily.... Forget Ladies ...... they're going no where..... There will always be there for the highest payer.... Cut them off and work on your life

Your poor friends.... Cut them off and for the next two years skill up and get rich, really rich and the same ladies will be too low for you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by TradingGod: 2:47am On Feb 25, 2023
Rayban25:

If money is really everything why did people like Bill Gates and jeff Bezos still get dumped by their wives?...if you have money and you're not emotionally mature as a man you think you'll enjoy or manage your finances?... idk how most of you reason

Broke man talking

We are talking about Broke naija girls that ignore our brother here

A typical nigerian girl will never reject the proposal of a rich man, infact she will be the one calling him everyday because he is rich

Making money should be the priority of every man, because it is a rich man that reject girls but na poor man dey chase girls

The best work OP need in himself is to have money and not all this crazy bullshit about his mental health as if it is a crime to be an intovert,

Mind you, just like OP I find it hard to talk to a woman but I have realise that if you have a benz c300, na girls go dey rush to talk to you, so why bother wasting your time on broke bitches that will eventually reject you because you are broke (no matter the sweet mouth you have) but will quickly accept you when she see that you are rich. undecided

6 Likes

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by TradingGod: 2:50am On Feb 25, 2023
woginid967:

Bro use your brain or what is left of it..... Make money and you will get better ladies who will start the conversation and fall helplessly with the socially awkward man you are.

You're here trying to get sympathetic advice when you should be a beast hustling daily.... Forget Ladies ...... they're going no where..... There will always be there for the highest payer.... Cut them off and work on your life

Your poor friends.... Cut them off and for the next two years skill up and get rich, really rich and the same ladies will be too low for you

My gee πŸ‘

I suppose send two fresh bitches to you hotel room this morning

Nice advice πŸ‘Œ

Making money and not pleasing bitches should be the priority of every man on earth

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by Ballzproblem2: 2:59am On Feb 25, 2023
TradingGod:

Money go make the same girl that abuse you to start calling you the LOML πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
again rambling without cohesion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by TradingGod: 3:00am On Feb 25, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
OK
Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by Nobody: 3:01am On Feb 25, 2023
Ballzproblem2:

If you check very well the person your quoting is another young lad.
Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by Ballzproblem2: 3:11am On Feb 25, 2023
Rayban25:

If you check very well the person your quoting is another young lad.
wanted to school him , but na waste of Time

1 Like

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by Southpole5917: 3:40am On Feb 25, 2023
woginid967:

Your poor friends.... Cut them off and for the [b]next two years skill up and get rich, really rich [/b]and the same ladies will be too low for you

e no easy to rich o?
Except by Going illegal (I'm sure that not what u are recommending)
Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by Dailyparrot: 4:12am On Feb 25, 2023
TradingGod:

Money is the major reasons why everybody is Obident today, if eveybody been get money during buhari time, nobody will support Obi today. So na money be the priority for this our world

It is only the so called broke/low class girls that this your epistle is meant for. Responsible, well-to-do, intelligent, hard working women don't just fall for money except for more money which I doubt most people will ever have in their lifetime. You know the Ned Nwoko kind of money, so let's stop this make more money jargon.

Be realistic with your advice!

The poster isn't complaining about girls not wanting to talk to him because he's broke, he just lack the capacity and confidence to start and maintain conversations which is a good skill required to relate with girls without coming off as a jerk.

OP, I think your problem is low self esteem, being too serious/desperate which comes from the fear of rejection.

You use the same mood to approach the girls thus getting the same response. And, for your information, what the girls are doing to you is what they are doing to every other random guy that approached them. You are crying pretty girls aren't replying your messages on Facebook? They aren't replying to most guys either, so don't get depressed about it smiley

You approach them, they greet you and continue their journey. It's left for you to continue the conversation but then what to talk about is your challenge here. Isn't it

I also think you are approaching these girls at the wrong place. For someone at your social state, try to avoid stopping girls on the road. The best position to talk to a girl is while she's in a static position.

If you live around any higher institution, try to enter the classrooms and sit beside a girl and start a conversation. The conversation could be about anything. At any point you feel the girl isn't responding properly anymore, just know that she's tired of the conversation and/or is being distracted from what she was/is doing, collect her number and promise to talk to her some other time.

Because I noticed some guys think a girl should be available to talk or respond to them at all times. No, these girls have things to do, challenges and targets that may not allow them the time to give you attention at a particular time.

When you call and she's giving attitude, don't give up immediately. After several attempts and she still isn't cooperating, move on to have your self esteem in tact.

Following girls is like the saying, eat, rinse, repeat. Continue to do this until you meet the right girl for you. Also note that you don't need to follow all the girls in the world to feel yourself, because this is the problem some guys have. They want to toast all girls that they see. Since you are introverted, get one, two or maximum of three girls and make do with them.

It will also be useful if you talk to a girl you've seen or you can see more than once.

Why your friends make the girls giggle is because they approach them with open mind. Telling them jokes in a serious way that doesn't give them off as clowns while still making them look fun to be with. Don't think about sex, serious relationship, etc., while approaching them.

Just assume you just want to talk and move on. Sometimes, people will be seeing you from afar as weird. It is not until you speak that they will be surprised you are not that awkward.

Try to have sex too. It's important to boost your confidence and see girls as not that special.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by princeemma69: 4:30am On Feb 25, 2023
Still reading comments. I am also facing the same issue.
Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by TradingGod: 4:36am On Feb 25, 2023
Dailyparrot:

It is only the so called broke/low class girls that this your epistle is meant for. Responsible, well -to-do, intelligent, hard working women don't just fall for money except for more money which is doubt most people will ever have in their lifetime.

So, why not be realistic with your advice.

The poster isn't complaining about girls not wanting to talk to him because he's broke, he just lack the capacity and confidence to start and maintain conversations which is a good skill required to relate with girls without coming off as a jerk

You end up contradicting yourself at bolded

Even the well -to-do, intelligent, hard working women will never talk to a broke man

Every bitch want a high value man
Even the rich bitches want a rich man because Money is the ultimate form of value in our world

OP is broke that is why the girl in his circle rejected him

I will never advice any young man to learn how to talk to bitches who will never value him except he has money in his pocket. Don't be decived by Hollywood and Nollywood bullshΓ―t, Money is what every bitch want.

Nigerian bitches are not moved by words but by money

Advising a misguided young man to chase bitches instead of money is wickedness personified because that confidence you talk of will come naturally when he has money smiley

5 Likes

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by Demonicus: 6:08am On Feb 25, 2023
First - Know the type of girls You're attracted to.

Second - Stop seeing girls as special creatures that you must please or can't do without,trust me it helps.

Third - Even as an introvert myself I've learned to master the art of direct eye contact with girls, it makes you come out as an overly confident fella to girls.

Fourth - Chase your purpose bro please don't relent, don't make girls your priority abeg e get why.

I'm also an introvert that likes being alone most of the time but trust me, I've never lacked girls and I ain't trying to brag.

Being an introvert is a big plus to you because you don't have to talk much and that will make you mysterious and girls love mystery.

Na only online we introvert Sabi make noise.πŸ™ƒ

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by unnot21(m): 7:50am On Feb 25, 2023
Gideonski:

Go and read
Models: Attract women with honesty. By Mark Manson

You will buy me beer later. Thanks
Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by Tboymessiah(m): 8:12am On Feb 25, 2023
O.P, start going to Johnson sulieman church, or try make Johnson sulieman anoint your head.....u will discover sey woman go dey follow u like flies
Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by Nicepoker(m): 9:04am On Feb 25, 2023
Look how you want to get your life messed up. Your priority shouldn't be girls.

2 Likes

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by Fedrick100: 9:12am On Feb 25, 2023
Last girlfriend was an introvert, I’m introverted too, but if you see how I’m always keeping conversation with her you will say I’m not an introvert.

I keep the conversation both in chatting and talking to her face to face. Atleast she’ll miss me at that because there won’t be a day that pass without making her laugh.

Just matter the act of communication, Girls likes boys that makes them laugh
Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by Silentgroper(m): 9:20am On Feb 25, 2023
Starting and keeping a conversation is nt ur sole responsibilhty dear op..
know this and know peace..
Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by Epositive(m): 9:35am On Feb 25, 2023
I'm an introvert. There are girls that prefer quiet guys, especially if you're smart. Always go out with your extroverted friends but be yourself while at it. I mean, maintain your lane and chip in once in a while. From personal experience, there are girls who really fancy shy and awkward guys. Perhaps, you have not been picking hints from girls who like you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by ComputerOperato: 9:38am On Feb 25, 2023
@op.
I was once in your shoes (or worse self).
But what helped me land some sweet, good girls was that I have a skill that brings them to me in droves.

My advice to you thus is that you get a skill and become very very good at it.
Also, if you are the type that wears crazy jeans etc. then you need to stop it ( you said you are long... Sorry.. tall.. tongue).

Dress normal, get a skill, become exceedingly good at it and na you go dey run from puci.
There's more but start with these first.

By the way, where's mejiloyon? (Alias breast is two). Haven't seen his posts in a while.

1 Like

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by Epositive(m): 9:43am On Feb 25, 2023
ComputerOperato:
@op.
I was once in your shoes (or worse self).
But what helped me land some sweet, good girls was that I have a skill that brings them to me in droves.

My advice to you thus is that you get a skill and become very very good at it.
Also, if you are the type that wears crazy jeans etc. then you need to stop it ( you said you are long... Sorry.. tall.. tongue).

Dress normal, get a skill, become exceedingly good at it and na you go dey run from puci.
There's more but start with these first.

By the way, where's mejiloyon? (Alias breast is two). Haven't seen his posts in a while.

At bolded, you are correct. When I was learning photography in school, it was very easy to get along with girls because they always come in droves. If you are skillful at it, girls will hit on you big time. grin

1 Like

Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by ComputerOperato: 9:55am On Feb 25, 2023
Epositive:

At bolded, you are correct. When I was learning photography in school, it was very easy to get along with girls because they always come in droves. If you are skillful at it, girls will hit on you big time. grin
Exactly.
Very soon he will overcome the clumsiness in talking to girls.
I can ask any girl out now with confidence even though I am still introverted.
Actually, I get hit 🎯 on occasionally these days, but I believe one doesn't need to plough all farms even though some farms can be very sweet to plough.
Re: My Social Awkwardness With Girls Is Really Affecting Me! by advanceDNA: 9:58am On Feb 25, 2023
Gideonski:
dont envy guys that are all over women and women are all over them.. those women are anywhere belle face women..

Love who you are...introverts are special pple....its a super power.. use it wisely....only unique/special women roll with introverts and loners.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Thread For Those That Have Been Dumped. / Top Ten Most Beautiful Daughters Of African Presidents / Whats The Difference Between Courtship, Relationship And Dating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.