Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation (28965 Views)

Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! / Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by meobizy(f): 9:46pm On Feb 27, 2023
I honestly don’t know how this works. Maybe FaceTime each other steady. At least distance is you people’s problem not infidelity or finance. Humans are an adaptable bunch. You two will survive.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by StPete: 9:46pm On Feb 27, 2023
God forbid evil. Why will I marry and my wife is in another state. What amount of money am I looking for?

It will surely boil down to one of you or both of you cheating. If your wife isn’t insisting on closing the distance, she’s surely getting preeked by a big one

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Sonnobax15(m): 9:46pm On Feb 27, 2023
cheesy
Anything kind distance relationship or marriage,count me out........I can't be feeding a goat while another nigha will be somewhere chewing her like a piece of yam sad

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Thegamingorca(m): 9:47pm On Feb 27, 2023
What's thid nonsense post and how does this help our case of saving Nigeria
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by vickydevoka(m): 9:47pm On Feb 27, 2023
Okosin:
I am an engineer working in Port Harcourt while my wife is a public health worker working in Abuja. May 2023 will make us two years in marriage. We are expecting out First child soonest.
Sometimes i just feel frustrated at the whole thing but then We still have to make ends meet. We have applied for jobs in each others location all to no avail. I am becoming tired of the whole situation especially with the coming of our child. I need meaningful advice on what to do.p
I don break up since
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Dickson178(m): 9:49pm On Feb 27, 2023
Kobicove:
Let those in long distance marriage come and answer cheesy
I have been in a long time relationship with ashawo... Can I tell him thru my experience 😃
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Goodmanamen: 9:50pm On Feb 27, 2023
LoudlyMouthed:
V.True grin

As in, the visits r always v.v.cherished.
That feeling like you're bout getting married but this time as a married person.

Una go talk lyk say you've only gtn this v.hour to hold hands, cuddle, chat, look into each other eyes, feel, go out together.. the banging too na 🔥
u are a badt guy grin
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by skj1377(m): 9:50pm On Feb 27, 2023
Congrats you have a baby on the way. I think you should start a small business that can grow to the extent of taking you away from paid employment. That way you can have your freedom. Economic conditions and job security should be priority for you now due to the baby on it's way. Try to endure till fortune brings you closer together.
I have a friend who just married earns like 400k monthly while the husband earns like 150k monthly. The issue is they stay 1450km apart and a round-trip flight ticket is N280k the lady is in her 40s and as such needs a child quickly. You can see your condition is better since your already expecting a child.
Okosin:
I am an engineer working in Port Harcourt while my wife is a public health worker working in Abuja. May 2023 will make us two years in marriage. We are expecting out First child soonest.
Sometimes i just feel frustrated at the whole thing but then We still have to make ends meet. We have applied for jobs in each others location all to no avail. I am becoming tired of the whole situation especially with the coming of our child. I need meaningful advice on what to do.p

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by GeneralPula: 9:50pm On Feb 27, 2023
The probability of such marriage coping well is 99% if the woman you marry is a virgin..

5 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Dickson178(m): 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2023
StPete:
God forbid evil. Why will I marry and my wife is in another state. What amount of money am I looking for?

It will surely boil down to one of you or both of you cheating. If your wife isn’t insisting on closing the distance, she’s surely getting preeked by a big one
you too like fvck with someone's wife the way I am seeing you 😅

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by concho(m): 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2023
Hmmmm

Women!!!! , who trusts em??

She was seeing people in Abuja prior to the marriage and I know she convinced you to believe that she is going to make it clear to them that she is married now right?

Women!!!! , even the religious extremists among them, hmmm!!!

Who no go nogo know.

For this marriage to work, one would have to make a compromise with his/her location.

This freedom you guys are enjoying now will backfire on the long run.

When mine happened, even the mum, siblings and friends swore that she couldn't do such, but I had evidence.

All women are not the same right?

7 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by dreadsbee: 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2023
Many first time voters that came out for this election was because Obi

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Rubbiish(m): 9:52pm On Feb 27, 2023
advanceDNA:

Its the sweetest type of relationship if u both can navigate it well and build discipline... sex doesnt get boring easily and u miss each other which will make cherish every moment when u see....
....sadly it can also be an adultery infested relationship with a couple of doses of paternity fraud if u are not sexualy disciplined
There is nothing sweet about distance marriage. It is a union bereft of the real essence of marriage. Extreme conditions make couples to live apart. No couple will wish for it, it is not a good thing.

7 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Veezy4u(m): 9:53pm On Feb 27, 2023
Inec Abeg o.... Than for this present govt to continue, it's better Russia forgive Ukraine and use Nigeria instead

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Rubyjade: 9:53pm On Feb 27, 2023
It never works. Women are emotional beings out of site is out of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by lapazi(m): 9:54pm On Feb 27, 2023
Okosin:

Quit your job and join her, or she quits her job and manage with you. Its that simple.
You cant eat your cake and have it!
Plus if u do the former, youre a simp!
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by bukahmadth(m): 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2023
It's not been easy am an Engineer too with 3kids I work in Lagos while my family are there in kwara but as man you need to create time checking on your wife then if you've a loyal sister she can help you to assist your woman.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Anunakeeh: 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2023
Okosin:

You dey Sleep when you do Marriage.
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by ROYH(m): 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2023
Well, I Don't Really Have Much To Say As I'm Still Single But In My Opinion, It Could Work! In the senses that let assume you travel out and you've married her already, won't you go on your journey and come back when it's necessary/due. And in this case, it's just inter state distance not country to country.
Okosin:
WHAT I'M SAYING UP THERE angry angry 😁😁
Jefferyhi86:
See dis one de complain, I de Dubai while my wife de Nigeria for almost 5yrs,thou am back to the shit hole, na mk God do Canada for me, another distance relationship loading
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by usagee36: 9:56pm On Feb 27, 2023
Relocate together to America or Canada.
Okosin:
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by WantsandMore: 9:56pm On Feb 27, 2023
Hollyharjii:
Here to read comments as I'll soon become a husband
lol...Lol... follow nairalanders oh...just do you....cos extremely, mild & avoidable advice na him choke here.
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by advanceDNA: 9:58pm On Feb 27, 2023
Rubbiish:

There is nothing sweet about distance marriage. It is a union bereft of the real essence of marriage. Extreme conditions make couples to live apart. No couple will wish for it, it is not a good thing.

Whatver rocks ur boat man
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Hotguy27: 9:58pm On Feb 27, 2023
Okosin:

Distant marriage that doesn't have a definite date for reunion is a scam. It is best described as boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. Both parties are exposed to continuing in their former ways/relationships outside the marriage especially if each of them still maintains their former place of abode.

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by bamisepeters(m): 9:58pm On Feb 27, 2023
Some marriages are stronger when the two are far apart... It's 2023, things have changed.

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by thaoriginator: 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2023
Okosin:
Keep it going brother. Soon, after all the hustles and strives, y'all gon be together for ever.
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Jefferyhi86(m): 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2023
See dis one de complain, I de Dubai while my wife de Nigeria for almost 5yrs,thou am back to the shit hole, na mk God do Canada for me, another distance relationship loading

3 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by WantsandMore: 10:00pm On Feb 27, 2023
Okosin:
if not for western Wokeism, women intentionally & voluntarily drop whatever they're doing to resettle with their husband's cos even biblically it's a huge disadvantage for a man to be away from his wife, not even on the grounds of hustling cos one day she may use that as excuse to cheat & you'll be dumbfounded at the audacity, cos while you work your ass p
Out, she became bored & wanting...a young wife wouldn't know how to handle all that free time.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Gkay1(m): 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2023
Na wa ooo, I just dey reason how I won tey Japa because tinubu regime will never bring any good thing to us
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Folafikemii: 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2023
Una Don forget election matter.. 😂
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by MrJames007: 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2023
advanceDNA:

Its the sweetest type of relationship if u both can navigate it well and build discipline... sex doesnt get boring easily and u miss each other which will make cherish every moment when u see....
....sadly it can also be an adultery infested relationship with a couple of doses of paternity fraud if u are not sexualy disciplined
You deserve one crate of chilled Legend. 😎
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:03pm On Feb 27, 2023
You don't, it's not worth it.
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Love800(m): 10:03pm On Feb 27, 2023
Nd why are u afraid?

Money is the main tin in marriage.

Make ur money man nd dont care who bleeps her in ur absence or not. She is not ur wife but is just ur turn

Make arrangements to visit her once in a while. But try to visit her often times if u have the chance, because of ur child. So she will not overpamper him or her

Never u have a heart attack because of a woman

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? / Lady Dedicates Her NYSC Certificate To Husband As She Completes Service (video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.