Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! (20675 Views)

Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? / Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by lavylilly: 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2023
1. Never put up in in-law’s house!

Even if your wife’s dad is Dangote, never be tempted to settle in his house. No that’s not economical, rather it’s sheer cowardice! You’d never be respected! Every hardworking and hard-thinking man has his transient trying times(the lazy’s trying period is eternal tho!) doesn’t matter if all you can afford is a 1 bedroom Lagos slum apartment for now, if your in-laws can’t trust your wife with your future, let them marry their child!

2. Never accommodate family members!

It’s baseless having to accommodate siblings, brothers and sisters In-law beyond marriage!Your house shouldn’t be an IDP camp for them; Or better still continue, your undoing will catch-up when your wife’s junior sister starts complaining you buy more clothes for your siblings than her. No matter the temptation, better hire a registered house-help and take care of your siblings and in-laws from afar. Always remember, not a human being can be satisfied!

3. Have a plan for all visitors!

Sit your wife down and tell her irrespective of the position of the visitor, have a definite number of days, quality of meal, departing funds to give all!

“You gave your daddy 2 pieces of meat, you gave mine 1” bullshyte stories have destroyed many young families. Be wise!

4. Never accept financial aids NOR borrow from your in-laws

That’s if you have any amount of dignity left in you, but if you don’t care to lose your voice, you can indulge in that. Better die than give in, I won’t say much, never look up for your manna from them!

5. Scarcity is invaluable!

A social function is at hand and you are already thinking how to help them arrange chairs and kill the cow. Can you also help them wash plates after the program?
Have your envelope ready, make it as fat as your pocket can, attend the gathering and leave!

6. Respect and nobility will save you a lot!

No matter how rich you may be, always prostrate whenever visiting them even if they are not worth any of your respect. Don’t be quick to anger, keep quiet when they talk; these are the measures your parents-in-law will use to either defend/destroy you whenever their child reports you to them! This value will win wars for you in absentia..trust me!

7. Occasionally send gifts

Once in a blue moon, never fail to send wine to your papa-in-law, also send money/gift to mama-in-law, do these and see them blush at the sight of you! It doesn’t matter if the wine is N50, it’s a conviction you had a little left for them having taken good care of their daughter.

152 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Dogalmighty17: 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2023
You've never met terrible in-laws. That's when you will understand.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Klass99(f): 8:39pm On Oct 18, 2023

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Kobojunkie: 8:49pm On Oct 18, 2023
lavylilly:
Some of you no dey dey practical at all at all. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Reminderz: 5:36am On Oct 19, 2023
1, 3, 4 and 5 is of utmost importance! fail to do that and see the consequences!

1 Like

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Nooneonline(m): 9:53am On Oct 19, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
You've never met terrible in-laws. That's when you will understand.
Read and understand how to deal with and avoid terrible in laws

4 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Vifx: 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2023
Lol

1 Like

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Figolouis: 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2023
H
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Leeok11: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2023
Only GOD helps

2 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by iCauseTrouble: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2023
Spot on
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Fr33born(m): 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2023
Reading
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Way4orward: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2023
I don't allow visit in my house
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Sheistoopretty(f): 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2023
N!G€RI@N M€N are Uzelezz..... all of them shocked sad

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Dimaya: 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2023
Great move
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2023
In-law relationships can act as sources of both support and stress for couples.

May God give us the right in-laws.
God bless all our in-laws @Dem MANNA.
Wonderful Families.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Dexy4yah(m): 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2023
Marriage palaver.
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by backinsidse: 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2023
Valid point.
I really like the never accomodate them part.
If you must, help with their house rent but don't let them stay with you. It never ends well.

9 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by mobileboy: 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2023
not easy but good help us all

also give ackmoledgement to the initial thread you copied this from unless you are both author

this is a total copy and paste of a 2018 thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4598506/men-marriage-how-play-in-law

7 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by freemonts87: 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2023
All are valid points. Mostly the see finish own.
The moment they lend you money, they automatically start seeing you as a second class citizen. undecided

17 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by zoeymikey(f): 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2023
I'm here to learn ;DI'm here to learn

2 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Lagosfinder(m): 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2023
Some in laws can make one regret marrying their daughter

8 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by gabazin080(m): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
I tire for all this young and unmarried guys giving marriage advice to those that have been married for years.
though you have good points but your number 4 is nonsense. Tell that to Mr eazi.
so if i need money to execute a project and my inlaw can afford to help me with funds, i should reject it because of dignity.
Dignity dey pay bills?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by AllDModsAreMaad: 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
Some of your points are valid but not all.
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by FreshNotemike: 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
Exactly. Always make yourself scarce.
Allow the wife to go first and then only join them when the program has started.

13 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
N!G€RI@N M€N are Uzelezz..... all of them shocked sad
But do you have a dad, brother, cousins, nephew and make relatives?
Just asking.......

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by ivolt: 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
grin grin grin
Young singles giving marriage advice.
What a joke.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by allen113: 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2023
Remove 2 and 4, I'm not married but pray you don't find yourself in a position where you need help and pride will make you not to ask for it because it will come from your inlaws.

2 Likes

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Olarewaju89: 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2023
grin

Accept people as they are, but place them where they belong.

You are the CEO of your life. Hire, fire & promote accordingly.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by Kingsasian(m): 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2023
Lol
Re: Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! by FreeStuffsNG: 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2023
Hahaha!Talk is cheap o.

The best thing is to run for your life and avoid marrying into horrible families. There's a cautionary Yoruba proverb that warns one never to dare having horrible in laws. It literally says it's even better to have a horrible wife (or husband) than to have horrible in laws!

Once you see a prospective in law experiencing a persistent strange, peculiar bad luck and sadness, apply one of the Robert Greene's 48 laws of power; avoid unfortunate and unhappy people.

No politics will save you or your marriage if you marry a son/daughter raised from a horrible family. In fact, you're doomed for ever!

Do not be deceived o. No two-way solution o, just flee! To avoid such trap, flee even before you get into such entanglement before you confuse your life with love. They will not stop until they destroy you!

Who wants to have innocent children who will have the misfortune of inheriting strong generational curses and ill winds? No one! Check my signature for free stuffs!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow / My Husband And His "Strange Women" / Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.