Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements (6522 Views)

For Those Asking What's So Special About FCT Abuja / FCT 25% Requirement: Olisa Agbakoba Saw This Coming / Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didnโ€™t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Sonโ€™s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by Godwin4444: 3:15pm On Feb 28, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Just know Tinubu can't be declare winner of this election, that war you guys are threatening we are ready to scatter everywhere
no b u dey celebrate heavy military deployment the other day?
Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by Trollronaldo: 3:15pm On Feb 28, 2023
famouscargo4u:

Even at that, chapter 8 and section 299 of the Constitution states that for interpretation, the FCT should be regarded as a state.
Yes making it 25 states.

But out of the 25 states, you must win FCT exclusively

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by Jack500: 3:16pm On Feb 28, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Nigerians won't allow A thief that lost his states Osun, Lagos, Abuja , Kano to become President through the back door after supressing votes of opponents

You will say ibos, and Nigeria army are ready for you, 1967 will be a child play, you f00ls never learn
Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by Jack500: 3:17pm On Feb 28, 2023
TruthsFM:
Falana is just a senior advocate of nuisance. You read law and still you are misinterpreting the law. Very shameful

See this gala hawker correcting SAN ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
Jack500:

You will say ibos, and Nigeria army are ready for you, 1967 will be a child play, you f00ls never learn
Go and Annonce Tinubu President na.Thank God you know Igbos won Lagos and Abuja.Even the thief couldn't make 25% in Abuja to be President

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by Balogunodua(m): 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Two different things. Lol. That's why I also said 299 does not overwrite 134. 299 did not end the FCT status of Abuja. It didn't say Abuja shall cease to be FCT and become a state. It said "as if it were" a state.

Therefore section 134 is still valid because Abuja is still the FCT.

Wicked Constitution ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

The Abuja is the FCT nobody will argue that, but it a state according to the constitution.

36 States + FCT makes 37 states.

In fact the whole thing can be argued till thy kingdom come.
Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by Balogunodua(m): 3:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
Trollronaldo:
Yes making it 25 states.

Point it out cheesy

Where in the constitution was it stated that you must win the FCT exclusively
Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by Donsheddy: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
Balogunodua:

Section 299 of the constitution says that for the purpose of interpretation of the Constitution, the FCT is regarded as a State.

You can't twist this oga, the FCT is a state period.

The FCT is a state.
But it's the only state that was stated clearly.
So it's compulsory.

No matter how many states you get 25% FCT MUST BE INCLUDED.

ABI ENGLISH DON HARD.

IF I SAY BRING 6 ORANGES FROM WHITE POT AND TWO ORANGE FROM RED POT.

YOU CANT BRING 8 ORANGES FROM WHITE POT AND CLAIM THEY ARE ALL ORANGES AND IT DOESN'T MATTER.
YOU FAILED CUS THE INSTRUCTION WAS CLEAR....

OR IF I SAY YOU MUST GET 25% FROM 8 OUT OF 10 COURSE AND FROM PROJECT TO GRADUATE.

WILL YOU GRADUATE IF YOU GET 25% FROM 10COURSES FAILING TO GET 25% FROM YOUR PROJECT....

CLAIMING PROJECT IS A COURSE..

YEAH PROJECT IS A COURSE BUT IT WAS MADE COMPULSORY

5 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by jaybee3(m): 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
VoteTinubu2023:

2/3 of 36 states + (1 other state called) FCT

You can either get 25% in 24 states + FCT

OR

You get 25% in 25 states + no FCT.

Dumbfuรงcccks

It's funny how comprehension has suddenly become another problem that we have to deal with as a nation.

Like it's crystal clear in the constitution

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by Jack500: 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Go and Annonce Tinubu President na.Thank God you know Igbos won Lagos and Abuja.Even the thief couldn't make 25% in Abuja to be President

He will be announce this evening and you can then hang your miserable life.

And Sanwo-olu would win his reelection know that and know peace, you can't do more than a dead rat.

E pain am๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜€
Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by NothingDoMe: 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2023
positivelord:
Falana was just trying to be clever by half... he talked about 25% for 24 state and then switch to outright winning FCT as not part of the requirements.
The constitution is very specific here ...it mentioned the name FCT Abuja. ... the ONLY place mentioned.
Well said.
Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:27pm On Feb 28, 2023
Jack500:

He will be announce this evening and you can then hang your miserable life.

And Sanwo-olu would win his reelection know that and know peace, you can't do more than a dead rat.

E pain am๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜€
Lol, go and announce him na without 25% in Abuja
Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by Jack500: 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Lol, go and announce him na without 25% in Abuja

See this dumb head and these are the people I argue with on this forum. Chai.

Abuja is regarded as a state like kogi and Osun, with Abuja make it 37 states, 2/3 of this is required it can be any state.
Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by famouscargo4u: 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2023
Trollronaldo:
Yes making it 25 states.

No, you don't have to win it. Buhari didnt win it.
Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by Misterone: 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Tensions are high at this point and we must be careful about the way we disseminate information.

Falana never said 25% in the FCT was not a requirement to emerge president. He was talking about winning the FCT.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2023/01/24/winning-fct-not-requirement-to-emerge-president-falana/amp/

This caption is mischievous and misleading : www.nairaland.com/7589922/25-fct-not-requirement-emerge.

Nairlanders are responsible for what they post on this Forum. Never forget that.

Cc Seun, nlfpmod Mynd44
The Koko of the matter is that the constitution treats the FCT as a state. What this means is that whatever requirement is demanded from a state is demanded from FCT. Therefore if a candidate can loose a state an still win the election then Tinubu can loose Abuja and still win the election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by famouscargo4u: 3:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
NothingDoMe:
"As if it were":

The provisions of this Constitution shall apply to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as if it were one of the States of the Federation; and accordingly -

I'm not married but I ask you to treat me as if I was married. Does that make me married?

I am single at 40 year old. For interpretation, single men at 40 should be regarded as mature men.
Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by toneroforever(m): 3:32pm On Feb 28, 2023
2mch:

Thank you for insulting that mumu Falzโ€™s father. He needs to see how low IQ you people he is following are. I hope you insult his father very very well since Falz don give una mouth. Lmao.

Yorubas foolishly abuse Igbos & everybody takes it with a pinch of salt.
But if u r abused the same way u do to others,u start crying like a baby. Better grow up

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by NothingDoMe: 3:33pm On Feb 28, 2023
Balogunodua:

The Abuja is the FCT nobody will argue that, but it a state according to the constitution.

36 States + FCT makes 37 states.

In fact the whole thing can be argued till thy kingdom come.

Lol. True. But I doubt that will be an argument for INEC to make. INEC is not mandated to argue the law. Their work is to obey the law. They will follow section 134 as it is written.

That's why no leading aspirant has gotten less than 25% in the FCT in 23 years. They always made sure to get the minimum.

Tinubu is the first to get less than 25% and therefore becomes the case of reference for future elections ๐Ÿ˜‰

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:33pm On Feb 28, 2023
Jack500:

See this dumb head and these are the people I argue with on this forum. Chai.

Abuja is regarded as a state like kogi and Osun, with Abuja make it 37 states, 2/3 of this is required it can be any state.
Ode Abuja is a state without a Governor? Urchins sef.So a President would appoint a minister without getting 25% of their votes? Comedian.Even Falana said it's not a must to win Abuja but you must get 25%

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by NothingDoMe: 3:35pm On Feb 28, 2023
famouscargo4u:

I am single at 40 year old. For interpretation, single men at 40 should be regarded as mature men.
Use the phrase "as if it were" or "as if you were" for me to better understand your analysis ๐Ÿ˜„

This phrase is as found in the constitution and forms the bedrock for the description of the law.
Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by Trollronaldo: 3:35pm On Feb 28, 2023
famouscargo4u:

No, you don't have to win it. Buhari didnt win it.
the inec commissioner said it clesrly that winner has to get 25% in FCT.

I can't believe you and disbelieve an INEC commissioner. Sorry

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by Trollronaldo: 3:36pm On Feb 28, 2023
Balogunodua:

Point it out cheesy

Where in the constitution was it stated that you must win the FCT exclusively
watch this video
https://mobile.twitter.com/Oyinkitana/status/1630527891900383234

Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by basilo102: 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2023
Urchins are desperate for validation of fraud

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by Jack500: 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Ode Abuja is a state without a Governor? Urchins sef.So a President would appoint a minister without getting 25% of their votes? Comedian.Even Falana said it's not a must to win Abuja but you must get 25%

You don't have sense.

So, the people in Abuja are more special than others?

I will be here to laugh at your foolishness when Tinubu is declared later today๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by Balogunodua(m): 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2023
Donsheddy:

The FCT is a state.
But it's the only state that was stated clearly.
So it's compulsory.

No matter how many states you get 25% FCT MUST BE INCLUDED.

ABI ENGLISH DON HARD.

IF I SAY BRING 6 ORANGES FROM WHITE POT AND TWO ORANGE FROM RED POT.

YOU CANT BRING 8 ORANGES FROM WHITE POT AND CLAIM THEY ARE ALL ORANGES AND IT DOESN'T MATTER.
YOU FAILED CUS THE INSTRUCTION WAS CLEAR....

OR IF I SAY YOU MUST GET 25% FROM 8 OUT OF 10 COURSE AND FROM PROJECT TO GRADUATE.

WILL YOU GRADUATE IF YOU GET 25% FROM 10COURSES FAILING TO GET 25% FROM YOUR PROJECT....

CLAIMING PROJECT IS A COURSE..

YEAH PROJECT IS A COURSE BUT IT WAS MADE COMPULSORY

The Constitution is not primary school bring me orange lesson.

36 States and the FCT means 37 States since the Constitution already affirm Abuja as a state.

Section 299 of the constitution says that for the purpose of interpretation of the Constitution, the FCT is regarded as a State.

As long as the FCT is a state just like the others, you can't change it. 25% in (24) States is what you need to become the President in the 36 states of the federation and the (Federal Capital Territory) which is also a state.
Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by Misterone: 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2023
NothingDoMe:
"As if it were":

The provisions of this Constitution shall apply to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as if it were one of the States of the Federation; and accordingly -

I'm not married but I ask you to treat me as if I was married. Does that make me married?
oga what it means is that whenever the constitution is to be interpreted as regards FCT, it would be treated as if it were a state. In this case, FCT is a state.
Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:41pm On Feb 28, 2023
Jack500:

You don't have sense.

So, the people in Abuja are more special than others?

I will be here to laugh at your foolishness when Tinubu is declared later today๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
You are the one that will be laffed at if you think Tinubu can be president through the back door and rigging

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by NothingDoMe: 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2023
Misterone:
oga what it means is that whenever the constitution is to be interpreted as regards FCT, it would be treated as if it were a state. In this case, FCT is a state.
Did Abuja lose its FCT status?

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by Balogunodua(m): 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Lol. True. But I doubt that will be an argument for INEC to make. INEC is not mandated to argue the law. Their work is to obey the law. They will follow section 134 as it is written.

That's why no leading aspirant has gotten less than 25% in the FCT in 23 years. They always made sure to get the minimum.

Tinubu is the first to get less than 25% and therefore becomes the case of reference for future elections ๐Ÿ˜‰

Section 134 can still be matched with section 299 and the argument continues.
Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by DadaHammed: 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2023
I agree with you, winning FCT is not the same as meeting 25% requirement for FCT.

What he said is that you DO NOT NEED TO WIN FCT, BUT YOU MUST MAKE AT LEAST 25% OF FCT to be declared president.

Barr. Mike Igini has also enunciated this fact. You must meet at least 25% of FCT votes to be declared President. That's sacrosanct and unambiguous.
I am writing in bold and caps for urchins who are blind, deaf and illiterate to read and understand.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by NothingDoMe: 3:45pm On Feb 28, 2023
Balogunodua:

Section 134 can still be matched with section 299 and the argument continues.

Again not for INEC. It's not their prerogative to argue the law. lol
Re: Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements by Balogunodua(m): 3:47pm On Feb 28, 2023
Trollronaldo:
watch this video
https://mobile.twitter.com/Oyinkitana/status/1630527891900383234

You are not clever at all cheesy I already saw this and even the SAN is not sure how to interpret it. So my argument stands.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

โ€œExtend Amnesty Granted To Igboho To Nnamdi Kanuโ€: Group tells Tinubu / Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi / Nigeria To Pay New York $1m Parking Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.