Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US - Food (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US (83870 Views)

I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) / See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by irumole1975: 2:13am On Mar 03, 2023
Ckonnet:

They want to validate the sufferings Nigerians are going through. Like iam still trying to understand where the op bought the rice because if it was an expensive restaurant, it will definitely come with good packaging n not that low life packaging.

Unfortunate. White worshiper. Which suffering dey Naija make we hear? Naija where you have free education till tertiary, is that available in America except through ridiculous loan

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by cococandy(f): 2:16am On Mar 03, 2023
irumole1975:

The local pantry in my area is nothing to write home about. Maybe I should not be generalizing

Oh I see.

Well now this might be your calling. Individual citizens have power to make big changes in small things like your local food pantry. You never know 😉

Good luck 🍀

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Ckonnet: 2:18am On Mar 03, 2023
irumole1975:

Unfortunate. White worshiper. Which suffering dey Naija make we hear? Naija where you have free education till tertiary, is that available in America except through ridiculous loan

Google Stockholm syndrome!!! That's the stage your brain has degenerated to, probably the agbado they promise you wont even save you.

6 Likes

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 2:25am On Mar 03, 2023
cococandy:
You’re absolutely spot on

Cc Irumole1975. Just a quick google search of what is available in my area (I’m not in Miami. This is google just doing it’s thing). I wouldn’t call these items food for unreasonable people. What do you think?
To add, majority of the foods come as donations from many of the same big brand grocery stores these folks frequent - Wholefoods, Tradewinds, Target, JewelsOsco, etc. So, you can imagine how ridiculous one would have to be to label them foods not meant for reasonable people. undecided

Brands that donate to Feeding America

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by TheNoble007(m): 2:27am On Mar 03, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

I don’t need a visa, I was born here you useless, jealous idiot.
My birth certificate and blue passport are all I need.

Why insult someone in that manner. Don't you have decency in your sleeves.. Gosh!
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by cococandy(f): 2:29am On Mar 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
To add, majority of the foods come as donations from many of the same big brand grocery stores these folks frequent - Wholefoods, Tradewinds, Target, JewelsOsco, etc. So, you can imagine how ridiculous one would have to be to label them foods not meant for reasonable people. undecided

Brands that donate to Feeding America

💯
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by cococandy(f): 2:31am On Mar 03, 2023
irumole1975:

My friends tell me they are having to buy money with money now. 3k for 10k. Sometimes more

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by amuwo1980: 2:32am On Mar 03, 2023
Where in Chicago did u buy that? I guess from the plastic spoons it is most likely not a proper restaurant like and am very sure that that bowl of rice is a part of a course of a meal, no where in Chicago wud they sell rice to u just this way unless it is a Nigerian or Maybe a Jamaican restaurant and it will come with stew , food is too abundant in this country
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 2:33am On Mar 03, 2023
cococandy:
My friends tell me they are having to buy money with money now. 3k for 10k. Sometimes more
What does that mean?, undecided
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by amuwo1980: 2:33am On Mar 03, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
You didn’t have to lie,
Why didn’t you just be up front and show the rest of the food and tell about the delivery charge. Better yet, why didn’t you show the receipt?
So you paid that amount for an entree, rice, and possibly a delivery charge. Okay.
More like it
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by cococandy(f): 2:34am On Mar 03, 2023
Ishilove:

Jesu Kristi... Rice and okro... 😩😱😫
ishi it’s good if it’s spicy. That’s the face I made too until I tried it. The key is to make it so that it’s not slimy.
Some can even be fried to be crunchy. Not bad
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Blue3k(m): 2:34am On Mar 03, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

He refuses to provide proof because he isn’t telling the truth. Look at the size of the paper bag behind the container or rice, this guy ordered a full large meal and probably still paid less than $25.

Anyone arguing with you about this mentally challenged. The guy is obviously lying. Even if he bought it at Benihana I doubt it would cost $25. There has to be more food and or he had it delivered.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Morphinne: 2:35am On Mar 03, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

First, you posted only a small container of rice then said $25.75 for only rice in both the title and the post. When challenged, you switched it to rice and a little bit of sauce. Now, it’s rice and potatoes. Goodnight Sir.
I’m still trying really hard to understand this very impulse that pushes people to lie unnecessarily. Shey na curse abi wetin we fit call am? Was OP trying to dissuade ppl from traveling to the US abi na just to brag? To think you almost got lynched while trying to bust his lies made it even crazier grin
Who even asked him/her? grin

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 2:35am On Mar 03, 2023
amuwo1980:
Where in Chicago did u buy that? I guess from the plastic spoons it is most likely not a proper restaurant like and am very sure that that bowl of rice is a part of a course of a meal, no where in Chicago wud they sell rice to u just this way unless it is a Nigerian or Maybe a Jamaican restaurant and it will come with stew , food is too abundant in this country
Good eye! undecided

Last time I got that bowl was when we got chicken and rice along with mashed potatoes from Popeyes grin

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by cococandy(f): 2:36am On Mar 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What does that mean?, undecided

Because of scarcity of the new Naira note, if you want to withdraw cash, you pay money to get your own money. So to withdraw 10 thousand Naira, you pay 3 thousand meaning you’re technically left with 7 thousand. And it increases exponentially like that.

So they are having to do cashless transactions where possible.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 2:39am On Mar 03, 2023
cococandy:
Because of scarcity of the new Naira note, if you want to withdraw cash, you pay money to get your own money. So to withdraw 10 thousand Naira, you pay 3 thousand meaning you’re technically left with 7 thousand. And it increases exponentially like that.

So they are having to do cashless transactions where possible.
hiaan ey! shocked

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by cococandy(f): 2:40am On Mar 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
hiaan ey! shocked
yea it’s been terrible 😢
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 2:42am On Mar 03, 2023
cococandy:
yea it’s been terrible 😢
Wow... so.... upon day poverty dey, dem call they sell money on top. Here's a stupid question for you. Does the government know about this? undecided
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Nobody: 2:43am On Mar 03, 2023
TheNoble007:

Why insult someone in that manner. Don't you have decency in your sleeves.. Gosh!
Decency! 🤧🤣
Or you didn't see how those hooligans insulted her for busting the op's lie? 🤣

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by cococandy(f): 2:44am On Mar 03, 2023
sukkot:
i strongly disagree. The USA has healthier foods if you are willing to shop at trader joes and whole foods and even Dominics. Just don’t go too cheap cuz then you are buying inferior quality. The UK has a lesser quality of food when compared to whole foods and trader joes in the USA. But of course a better quality than cheaper foods in the USA. But ermmm I am in Nigeria bro. Suffering like a refugee. No naira no fuel. Na garri levels we dey cheesy

Trader Joe’s is one of my favorites and I don’t think they are expensive actually. Their prices have stayed pretty much the same even through the inflation

And then of course Costco.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by cococandy(f): 2:46am On Mar 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Wow... so.... upon day poverty dey, dem call they sell money on top. Here's a stupid question for you. Does the government know about this? undecided

Yes the government knows.

My sis says in some parts of delta they tried to help them out by letting them withdraw no more than 20k/day so that they have something to hold. But pretty much a few other states and areas are still stuck in the cashless rut.

The government won’t do a thing
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by cococandy(f): 2:48am On Mar 03, 2023
assholemods:
You might have gone to an upscale area and restaurant to eat if not you lied!
Upscale restaurants don’t charge $25 for a side of white rice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 2:48am On Mar 03, 2023
cococandy:
Yes the government knows.

My sis says in some parts of delta they tried to help them out by letting them withdraw no more than 20k/day so that they have something to hold. But pretty much a few other states and areas are still stuck in the cashless rut.

The government won’t do a thing
Something tells me this scheme may have been planned as a way to get back all that vote-buying money --- and then some --- spent during this election. I won't put it past the Nigerian political class. undecided

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobicove(m): 2:51am On Mar 03, 2023
Nonso92:
Do you want to come back to Nigeria?
Iya basirat will sell 10 of this for you for less than 300 Naira? grin grin

grin
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by cococandy(f): 2:55am On Mar 03, 2023
irumole1975:

The stew is inside the bag. They pack stew in that bag. If you want meat , be ready to pay about $50. Minimum wage is $10 depending on States Sha. Some states pay $12, $14

when are you going back to Nigeria?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by emaopel: 2:56am On Mar 03, 2023
Ijaya06:

There's potatoes sauce in that bag, actually. But I felt there's no need to snap cuz I wasn't going to eat the sauce. It smell horrible
it means, you are not used to their meal but you have snap everything for better assessment
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 2:56am On Mar 03, 2023
cococandy:
when are you going back to Nigeria?
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Emmanuel30a: 3:00am On Mar 03, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Rice, a Turkey wing, beans with smoked Turkey inside, and baked pasta. A Diet Coke was included. The other joint of the Turkey wing only costs $1.50 if one decides to get it. My intern went to pick up her own plate of okra, meat, rice, and a side. I’ll ask her the cost when she returns but I’m sure it’s not close to even $15 much less $25
Omo ounje kiki ifun, niboni ofi temi si? Niboni ounje temi wa, arewa Shalewa/Tawa/Omolara/Omodara/Atohunrinwa, etc; omo eruwa abi omo ariwa...? Guusu...? Ila orun...? Iwo oorun...? Aarewa...?...
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by linearity: 3:01am On Mar 03, 2023
irumole1975:

Does Nigeria and US has the same economy? Are you paying the same amount in rent in lekki and New York? You people reek of ignorance. $300 might be enough to see to your food bills for 6 months in Nigeria but barely enough for me to eat for a ten days here, unless I chose to cook

So, you know that Nigeria and US does not have the same economy, but you were quick to give a higher economic value to two cows bought in Nigeria compare to one goat bought in the US simply because, both of them may cost the same amount of money?

Since we are now on the same page that, the income, economy, cost and standard of living in the US is higher than Nigeria, next time you contrast the cost of commodities and services between both countries, try adjusting that cost with the variance in income, economy & standard of living between both countries as well, that is the only you will know the true equivalency in cost.

5 Likes

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by cococandy(f): 3:03am On Mar 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy wink

Paying $1600 in rent and he’s big mad about it. I don’t know what he expects.

Let him go back to Nigeria and see if he can earn that working for Nigerian government or private employers.

4 Likes

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 3:04am On Mar 03, 2023
cococandy:
Paying $1600 in rent and he’s big mad about it. I don’t know what he expects.

Let him go back to Nigeria and see if he can earn that working for Nigerian government or private employers.
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by raskymonojendor: 3:10am On Mar 03, 2023
Morphinne:

I’m still trying really hard to understand this very impulse that pushes people to lie unnecessarily. Shey na curse abi wetin we fit call am? Was OP trying to dissuade ppl from traveling to the US abi na just to brag? To think you almost got lynched while trying to bust his lies made it even crazier grin
Who even asked him/her? grin
He is probably one of those Anti-America guys on Nairaland. They would intentionally create threads filled with lies and untruth and to discourage people from migrating out of the Nigeria. I guess it's a case of crab mentality - "if I can't have it, neither can you".

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

African Forest Buffalo Killed In Hunting Expedition (Photos) / An Affordable Meal Services With Free Delivery To All Nairaland Menbers / Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.