Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US - Food (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US (84028 Views)

I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) / See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by ycat: 5:04am On Mar 03, 2023
How?
Haven't you heard about mystery meat? Cowlegs and Cowtail are the only parts of cow I eat, anytime I do beef.
Kobojunkie:
You've got to be kidding me. undecided
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 5:05am On Mar 03, 2023
ycat:
■ Wth? You hear it here first. You need to experience it first
Pasture raised, cage free or organic egges are the quality eggs, they all come in brown and are the real eggs.
I didn't ask you for meaningless marketing terms meant to get people like you to pay more for what means nothing in the end. undecided

Nutrition-wise, brown eggs have the same exact value as white eggs --- this means your stomach cannot tell any difference between the two. So what exactly do you mean then when you claim brown eggs are of better quality than white eggs? undecided

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by ycat: 5:13am On Mar 03, 2023
Mehn! You are just a cheap skate who hasn't learned about using your food as medicine and will end up giving the money to doctors. Commonsense should tell you that eggs laid by abused factory chickens can't be nutritious like the ones that roamed about on plant based diets and weren't forced-pumped with antibiotics that is transferred to humans.

Let me not be arguing about food, to each its own. Bye!
Kobojunkie:
I didn't ask you for meaningless marketing terms meant to get people like you to pay more for what means nothing in the end. undecided

Nutrition-wise, brown eggs have the same exact value as white eggs --- this means your stomach cannot tell any difference between the two. So what exactly do you mean then when you claim brown eggs are of better quality than white eggs? undecided

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by IjeBos(m): 5:17am On Mar 03, 2023
Ijaya06:
I'll need 10 plates of this to be full 🌝. They still collect tax of $5. Con ask me for tips again

I even missed this. Tax of 20% ($5 on a $25 meal?) If I remember it was high, maybe 10%.. but definitely not 20%. This story of yours.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 5:21am On Mar 03, 2023
ycat:
■ Mehn! You are just a cheap skate who hasn't learned about using your food as medicine and will end up giving the money to doctors.
■ Commonsense should tell you that eggs laid by abused factory chickens can't be nutritious like the ones that roamed about on plant based diets and weren't forced-pumped with antibiotics that is transferred to humans.
1. Why do I need to use food for medicine when I am in great shape and good health even for my age? The term medicine is used to refer to substances that the body does not have regular need of and so ought only to be consumed as-needed, unlike food. undecided

2. What you just spewed isn't Commonsense but an attempt to offer what amounts to conjecture as a valid response in an argument. Again, recall that it has been established that brown eggs and white eggs both have the same nutritional value. lipsrsealed
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by RiceProducers: 5:23am On Mar 03, 2023
Why are you eating rice in the US?
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by EgunMogaji2: 5:24am On Mar 03, 2023
Ijaya06:
I'll need 10 plates of this to be full 🌝. They still collect tax of $5. Con ask me for tips again

It is completely impossible that you paid $25 for the dude bowl of rice you pictured. Totally impossible.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by MemoriesAndMe: 5:40am On Mar 03, 2023
Ckonnet:

They want to validate the sufferings Nigerians are going through. Like iam still trying to understand where the op bought the rice because if it was an expensive restaurant, it will definitely come with good packaging n not that low life packaging.

Yeah. OP said he was born and raised in the US. He's probably used to eating meals made by mum at home and lamented the first time he paid for a meal with his money and suddenly made it a topic on NL.

I live in the US too, for almost 2 decades. Never had to waste that much money on that type of meal he said he bought with that amount and I'm still alive.

Even expensive restaurants in expensive states don't charge that much, let alone Chicago with the highest crime rates in America. Food should be cheaper there, not more expensive than better places in America.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Wsx2: 5:42am On Mar 03, 2023
Stop playing bro stop capping

I bought this 8kg yesterday for 12.99 dollars at no frills Toronto canada go cook your own meal dont go broke trying to act rich. A nigga like me my cooking games like no other

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Ishilove: 5:45am On Mar 03, 2023
cococandy:
ishi it’s good if it’s spicy. That’s the face I made too until I tried it. The key is to make it so that it’s not slimy.
Some can even be fried to be crunchy. Not bad
Okay. When I think of okro, I think of the thick, slimy concoction we prepare here so seeing it prepared differently and eaten with rice is quite a jarring culture shock

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by morakakin(m): 5:48am On Mar 03, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Here is my Intern’s plate with Turkey, rice, beans, corn, and a Diet Coke and you can see her Cash App receipt for payment with the time stamp.
she wins and the op lost with his lie,he may not even be in the states.do you know how my of us are abroad or travel regularly, i grow up in uk and I don't make noise about it.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by bunlizlaw(f): 5:55am On Mar 03, 2023
Eating out comes with a cost

Where's this sold for $23? shocked shocked. I paid $69 for a bag of par excellence rice last week.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by bunlizlaw(f): 5:57am On Mar 03, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
Don’t believe everything you read.
Today, I bought this in the same US and have enough for 2 people. As you can see, it has rice included which is how I knew OP wasn’t being honest. It was $8.25 with a $2.99 delivery charge because I was too lazy to leave my office to pick it up myself:

My thoughts too 😄.Food is relatively cheap in the states compared to Canada 🙂.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Nobody: 6:05am On Mar 03, 2023
highchief1:
nigeria is the cheapest country in the world na.Abroad is expensive o.To cut my hair is 12knaira when I convert I used to cut every week in Nigeria now I cut twice a month o.Don’t doubt the op o because for me and my babe to have dinner I spend like 65 or 70k
All of una Dey lie sha… so you get babe there? What about your wife?
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Badgers14: 6:06am On Mar 03, 2023
Ijaya06:

There's a little sauce, but it's just curry. If I want beef, I'll pay about $50

What kind of restaurant is this, what's the name?

Not even Benihana is that expensive.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Tobest94: 6:22am On Mar 03, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

First, you posted only a small container of rice then said $25.75 for only rice in both the title and the post. When challenged, you switched it to rice and a little bit of sauce. Now, it’s rice and potatoes. Goodnight Sir.
don’t mind that bloody ass liar. A petty liar trying to make it seems hard to survive abroad because we’re in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Tobest94: 6:24am On Mar 03, 2023
If e sure for you post your receipt. I wonder what’s your gain in lying to others so they can feel it’s not easy abroad. May they deport you soon if you just lied about the price of your food

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Sevenworldpower(m): 6:35am On Mar 03, 2023
tommy589:

Maybe you bought cooked rice in the posh part of town. 40 kobo or less gets me that in early 80s,meat fish,beans included. My memory of late 80s price is fuzzy but 2.50k is on the high side coping with 120 naira minimum wage

My food money then in late 80s precisely was #3. I couldn't remember vividly how i used to spend it in schools. I really enjoyed 80s and 90s. Life was good!!!
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by symbianDON(m): 6:35am On Mar 03, 2023
ZINNYBANKS:

I heard eggs is like gold over there now lol. grin
are the chickens on strike? grin
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Tobest94: 6:50am On Mar 03, 2023
irumole1975:

Now you can see how you're stupid right? $300 for goat, that money will buy two cows in Nigeria. But then you chose to compare
$300 can not even buy just one big cow.. do you think a cow cost less than 300k unless a small one?
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by seguno2: 6:54am On Mar 03, 2023
Ijaya06:

What do you gain from telling lies like this

You should have shown the full receipt for the rice to prove you are not a horrible liar.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by irumole1975: 6:54am On Mar 03, 2023
cococandy:

when are you going back to Nigeria?

You want to say Hi to your families?
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by seguno2: 6:55am On Mar 03, 2023
Nonso92:
Do you want to come back to Nigeria?
Iya basirat will sell 10 of this for you for less than 300 Naira? grin grin

He is just an attention deficient liar.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by irumole1975: 6:56am On Mar 03, 2023
Tobest94:
If e sure for you post your receipt. I wonder what’s your gain in lying to others so they can feel it’s not easy abroad. May they deport you soon if you just lied about the price of your food

May you met untimely death for saying things like this to someone u don't know
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by seguno2: 6:56am On Mar 03, 2023
cococandy:
when are you going back to Nigeria?

Excellent question.

Thanks for asking the olodo diaspora wannabe of a liar.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by seguno2: 7:00am On Mar 03, 2023
irumole1975:

May you met untimely death for saying things like this to someone u don't know

No need to overreact if the OP is not a liar, since the prayer was conditional upon his being a liar.

So do you know if the OP is a liar?

I wonder if you’re overreacting because of your infantile comment below from last year

irumole1975:
America is a land of the sane no matter how you paint it. People there don't sin. I can sell my soul to be there. Once you're in America, your life is better automatically. Imagine living in a country where u don't have to work. Just breath and government pay you. The salary of a cleaner in the USA is better than what a senator in Nigeria take home.

Nothing is.more glorifying than abroad. Even if it means enslaving, it's worth it

I've been able to save over 150k for my relocation purpose. I'll get to the US and start making million of dollars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by mordred44: 7:08am On Mar 03, 2023
I will chop Amala and ewedu wit beta ogufe for weeks wit dat moni
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Ken4Christ: 7:22am On Mar 03, 2023
irumole1975:

The stew is inside the bag. They pack stew in that bag. If you want meat , be ready to pay about $50. Minimum wage is $10 depending on States Sha. Some states pay $12, $14

Is the minimum wage per hour or per day cause I heard wages are sometimes computed per hour.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Gerrard59(m): 7:40am On Mar 03, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
Don’t believe everything you read.
Today, I bought this in the same US and have enough for 2 people. As you can see, it has rice included which is how I knew OP wasn’t being honest. It was $8.25 with a $2.99 delivery charge because I was too lazy to leave my office to pick it up myself:

I would have said. Food should be that last thing to be expensive in the developed world. And the quantity is too small to warrant that price tag except it is an African restaurant.

I wonder what these people gain in lying.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Gerrard59(m): 7:43am On Mar 03, 2023
Ijaya06:

Why'd I lie? I got rice and potatoes for $25.75 and you call that a lie? You're pathetic, in a bid to make everything in this abroad look good

You should have stated everything right from the on-set.

Bloody and digusting liar!
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 7:45am On Mar 03, 2023
Gerrard59:
You should have stated everything right from the on-set.

Bloody and digusting liar!
Rice and potatoes for $25.75? That is kinda like saying Rice and fries cost $25.75. Abi na magic potatoes. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

African Forest Buffalo Killed In Hunting Expedition (Photos) / Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. / An Affordable Meal Services With Free Delivery To All Nairaland Menbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.