Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,449 members, 7,812,375 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US - Food (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US (83788 Views)

I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) / See The โ‚ฆ320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Classickj(m): 7:54am On Mar 03, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

Haaaa!

50usd for meat?!!!!

Una dey suffer.

Here in Naija, with N1000 you'll buy Rice, beans, Plantains, 2 Eggs with 4pc meat.

N1000 is like $2.3.
To slap you day hungry me
Which kind lie be this now
Lion

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by do4luv14(m): 7:56am On Mar 03, 2023
inforesource:

When you convert add fuel money, security mini, borehole mini, double taxes, stress of bad road mini, etc then you will get the right exchange rate. Lol

For forget to add owo mi da, Oti su owo, and Union fee ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Ofemmanu1: 8:04am On Mar 03, 2023
Classickj:
To slap you day hungry me Which kind lie be this now Lion
dey play
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by malware: 8:04am On Mar 03, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

I donโ€™t need a visa, I was born here you useless, jealous idiot.
My birth certificate and blue passport are all I need.

You'd be shining teeth that you're American, until one fat useless white kid, loads his gun and tells you what time it is.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Gerrard59(m): 8:05am On Mar 03, 2023
So, why did OP lie? What did he gain by lying?

I really do not get it when people lie brazenly, especially on a public forum where you get scrunitised.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by malware: 8:07am On Mar 03, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
jealous of what lol your paper is useless to me ,only paper that is important to me is the one approved my CBN , continue licking boots inferior creature
She's here forming UD citizen, but she won't mentuon the discrimination she encounters everyday that makes her regret being.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by joe4christ(m): 8:12am On Mar 03, 2023
Ijaya06:

There's a little sauce, but it's just curry. If I want beef, I'll pay about $50

Come o. Are you talking about Zimbabwe dollars or what. How can beef be $50?
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by ObaPhilipson(m): 8:13am On Mar 03, 2023
come back home jare, it is reasonably cheap here
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by BlackAIIDay: 8:23am On Mar 03, 2023
cococandy:

My friends tell me they are having to buy money with money now. 3k for 10k. Sometimes more

10k is 4600 oo madam

Yesterday I had to share my 3k with pos agent, he took 1.2k and gave 1.8k, na small remain we for share am 50/50๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by lildush(m): 8:25am On Mar 03, 2023
Ihedinuwa69:
Me converting 25 dollars to Naira in the current dollar rate now
Omo ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Dat is almost money for half bag of rice....na waooo
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Konskott(m): 8:33am On Mar 03, 2023
In Nigeria, based on exchange rate of N800ito the dollar, it will be N200. But the cheapest at this time you can buy a good plate of rice in Nigeria is N500, not N200. So, if you bought yours at $25, I can say it was cheap. For you to buy a plate of buka rice or wheelbarrow rice and stew in Nigeria, you'll need at least N500 which translates to about $55 in Chigago. Bruz, the rice you bought in Chigago at $25 is pretty cheap. Nigerians pay more for a plate of the same rice.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by pacespot(m): 8:42am On Mar 03, 2023
Now I believe USA economy is overvalued. This will not cost up to N200 in Nigeria and N200 is less than 30cents.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by BigChillin(m): 8:44am On Mar 03, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
Donโ€™t believe everything you read.
Today, I bought this in the same US and have enough for 2 people. As you can see, it has rice included which is how I knew OP wasnโ€™t being honest. It was $8.25 with a $2.99 delivery charge because I was too lazy to leave my office to pick it up myself:

Girl u aint never lied! Yawl don't pay him no mind. Dat OP nigga lying str8 out his black ass angry

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by KirkoBlack: 8:45am On Mar 03, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
Donโ€™t believe everything you read.
Today, I bought this in the same US and have enough for 2 people. As you can see, it has rice included which is how I knew OP wasnโ€™t being honest. It was $8.25 with a $2.99 delivery charge because I was too lazy to leave my office to pick it up myself:

You're right. I watch Gordon ramsay cooking shows a lot there's no way they'll serve that for $25

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 8:46am On Mar 03, 2023
BlackAIIDay:
10k is 4600 oo madam

Yesterday I had to share my 3k with pos agent, he took 1.2k and gave 1.8k, na small remain we for share am 50/50๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Na all that Vote-buying money Nigerians chop, na im dem dey collect back from all of una so. Shey na APC still dey government so? Na when dem collect enough from una dem go then decide to do something about the situation. grin
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by sukkot: 8:57am On Mar 03, 2023
cococandy:

Trader Joeโ€™s is one of my favorites and I donโ€™t think they are expensive actually. Their prices have stayed pretty much the same even through the inflation

And then of course Costco.
oh yeah I love trader joes. Itโ€™s good quality food at moderate prices. Me I strictly used trader joes and whole foods. I never went into that Costco for some weird reason. Also once in a while I will go into Dominics or jewel osco. I went through that short phase where I was addicted to the canned pineapple at ALDI. America has top quality good food if you are willing to look. Itโ€™s good to know trader joes has kept a consistent price. In the UK for my top quality foods I use marks and Spencerโ€™s
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by mariahAngel(f): 8:59am On Mar 03, 2023
ObaPhilipson:
come back home jare, it is reasonably cheap here

No. He wants to make in the abroad money, but spend it the Nigerian way.

Ijaya06:

There's a little sauce, but it's just curry. If I want beef, I'll pay about $50

Were you paid to create this controversial thread for traffic? 'cos the lies are very obvious.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by cococandy(f): 9:14am On Mar 03, 2023
This is painful
BlackAIIDay:

10k is 4600 oo madam

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by koby86: 9:17am On Mar 03, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Because I like to tell people the truth you feel I have an inferiority complex? Goodbye sir,

Thank you for exposing that fraudster, very cunning and dishonest guy......I don't know what they gain from misleading people, maybe he thought doing that would change people's mind from making that escape to USA.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by akangmartins: 9:19am On Mar 03, 2023
Sir this is my WhatsApp number 09075319762
Let's chat on how I can deliver your food items from Nigeria to you over there in the USA
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by BlackAIIDay: 9:24am On Mar 03, 2023
cococandy:
This is painful

The hardship is everywhere in Nigeria, transport fare dey rise like garri were dem use cold water soak with sugar and milk ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by BlackAIIDay: 9:25am On Mar 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Na all that Vote-buying money Nigerians chop, na im dem dey collect back from all of una so. Shey na APC still dey government so? Na when dem collect enough from una dem go then decide to do something about the situation. grin

If we can't change the situation of the country by voting out APC and PDP, na massive voting out of these two parties for state level
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by thisisit: 9:32am On Mar 03, 2023
$25 CANNOT BUY THAT QUANTITY Y RICE IN NAIJA RIGHT NOW...

First, you have to convert Dollar to Naira, Aboki go charge $5.. You get 15k in Naira

N15000 has to be converted to NEW NAIRA NOTE (EMEFEILE) at 30% charge..

Remaining.. N9K
Minus TITHE -- 1 Nk
Minus AGBERO -- 1K

How much remain
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by highchief1: 10:13am On Mar 03, 2023
mperornero:

All of una Dey lie shaโ€ฆ so you get babe there? What about your wife?
what is wrong with this one
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Sleekfingers: 10:14am On Mar 03, 2023
Ijaya06:
I'll need 10 plates of this to be full ๐ŸŒ. They still collect tax of $5. Con ask me for tips again

Must you buy from them ? There are lots of cheaper and affordable restaurants..
Don't you know the price and portion before ordering it?

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by seborrhic: 11:01am On Mar 03, 2023
Konskott:
In Nigeria, based on exchange rate of N800ito the dollar, it will be N200. But the cheapest at this time you can buy a good plate of rice in Nigeria is N500, not N200. So, if you bought yours at $25, I can say it was cheap. For you to buy a plate of buka rice or wheelbarrow rice and stew in Nigeria, you'll need at least N500 which translates to about $55 in Chigago. Bruz, the rice you bought in Chigago at $25 is pretty cheap. Nigerians pay more for a plate of the same rice.
You must have attended night school.
So โ‚ฆ500 is equivalent to $55 and not $1 official rate or $0.7 with the more appropriate parallel market rate.
Also how can Nigerians pay more for a plate of rice $25=โ‚ฆ18,000.
So a plate of rice in Nigeria can cost โ‚ฆ18,000 or you always leave class when arithmetic was being taught?
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by luluman: 11:04am On Mar 03, 2023
Ijaya06:
I'll need 10 plates of this to be full ๐ŸŒ. They still collect tax of $5. Con ask me for tips again
Come back home now
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Moutine(m): 11:11am On Mar 03, 2023
Eat your rice.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Quaddafi29: 11:23am On Mar 03, 2023
Forget exchange it's the same energy some of us use to make N25 in Naija carrying blocks that you used to make $25 there. No come dey whine us here, we dey vex because Inec imposed tinubu on us
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Azeezu008(m): 11:36am On Mar 03, 2023
Hia! People and their litany of complaints, u dey 9ja, we no go hear word, u japa leave us sef we no go rest
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by winner37(m): 12:21pm On Mar 03, 2023
This man is still carrying Nigeria mentelity,
Sha you think say na sand rice where you the eat for Nigeria be that ?

Still show us the sauce too
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by assholemods: 1:00pm On Mar 03, 2023
cococandy:

Upscale restaurants donโ€™t charge $25 for a side of white rice.
Lol... Madam I don't know where you live but I live here in Texas, there are lots of crazy and unnecessarily expensive restaurants here. I have also seen so many in California! By the way I also told him in my other comment that he probably lied or may be he ordered thru apps like door dash, Uber eats etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Ram With 5 Horns Sold At A Market In Lagos Ahead Of Sallah Celebration. / African Forest Buffalo Killed In Hunting Expedition (Photos) / An Affordable Meal Services With Free Delivery To All Nairaland Menbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.