Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,683 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US - Food (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US (83794 Views)

I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) / See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by cococandy(f): 1:45pm On Mar 03, 2023
assholemods:

Lol... Madam I don't know where you live but I live here in Texas, there are lots of crazy and unnecessarily expensive restaurants here. I have also seen so many in California! By the way I also told him in my other comment that he probably lied or may be he ordered thru apps like door dash, Uber eats etc.
Yea and I’ve also been to both opposites of the country. There are crazy expensive restaurants quite alright. I’ve paid over $$$$$$ for dining experiences in one sitting many times and I’m yet to see a restaurant that charges $25 for a scoop of white rice. Up scale restaurants like that don’t usually have white rice anyway. And when they do, it’s not $25.

But I don’t mind being proven wrong.

5 Likes

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Bunny19: 2:18pm On Mar 03, 2023
Ijaya06:

There's a little sauce, but it's just curry. If I want beef, I'll pay about $50
so where the enjoyment come dey for there? Asking for a friend
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Chetas81(m): 2:20pm On Mar 03, 2023
JackDaAlienz:
25$ is about 19k naira shocked

Money wey I go use chop 3 plates of rice with chicken and meat, still use the change go knack 2 ashawos for hotel.
the Nigeria citizens and ASHEWO are 5&6
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Tobest94: 3:12pm On Mar 03, 2023
irumole1975:

May you met untimely death for saying things like this to someone u don't know
your family go die untimely not me
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by IjeBos(m): 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2023
assholemods:

Lol... Madam I don't know where you live but I live here in Texas, there are lots of crazy and unnecessarily expensive restaurants here. I have also seen so many in California! By the way I also told him in my other comment that he probably lied or may be he ordered thru apps like door dash, Uber eats etc.

Sorry. I'm in Boston. There aren't too many places, if any where you'd get basically a 1.5 quantity side of rice for $25. It doesn't even fit in the way Americans eat. Rice is generally a side dish that comes with some sort of sauce/curry/other dish/etc.

Everything about this post is made up, from the $25 cost to the notion he paid 20% tax on his food.

My question is, why post such a silly thing here?

5 Likes

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by amuwo1980: 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
Don’t believe everything you read.
Today, I bought this in the same US and have enough for 2 people. As you can see, it has rice included which is how I knew OP wasn’t being honest. It was $8.25 with a $2.99 delivery charge because I was too lazy to leave my office to pick it up myself:
He is lying

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by amuwo1980: 4:10pm On Mar 03, 2023
Cooper hawk side dish and all for less than 70 dollars plus wine and drunken shrimps etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2023
BlackAIIDay:
If we can't change the situation of the country by voting out APC and PDP, na massive voting out of these two parties for state level
How many people will be involved in this "massive" campaign of yours? Only about 21 million, in a nation of over 213 million, turned out to vote last Saturday. Why are you convinced more will show up the next time around? undecided
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by assholemods: 5:49pm On Mar 03, 2023
IjeBos:

Sorry. I'm in Boston. There aren't too many places, if any where you'd get basically a 1.5 quantity side of rice for $25. It doesn't even fit in the way Americans eat. Rice is generally a side dish that comes with some sort of sauce/curry/other dish/etc.

Everything about this post is made up, from the $25 cost to the notion he paid 20% tax on his food.

My question is, why post such a silly thing here?
Bros if you go back to my first comment to the guy I told him that he lied. However I was only trying to weigh the possibility if at all. That is why I said maybe he ordered thru the delivery apps like door dash or Uber eats because you have to pay the delivery charge, taxes and tips. And of course those charges are not even the actual cost of the rice which is far less.
As for posting such thing many of them don't realize that there are so many people on this app living abroad and they can be busted.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by assholemods: 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2023
cococandy:

Yea and I’ve also been to both opposites of the country. There are crazy expensive restaurants quite alright. I’ve paid over $$$$$$ for dining experiences in one sitting many times and I’m yet to see a restaurant that charges $25 for a scoop of white rice. Up scale restaurants like that don’t usually have white rice anyway. And when they do, it’s not $25.

I was only trying to weigh into the possibility of what he said, I told him in first comment that he lied. That is why I also said "may be"
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by armyofone(m): 6:22pm On Mar 03, 2023
cococandy:

Maybe he ordered from PF Chang.

Ruth Chris, Flemming, Mortons etc
Oh goodness- but the meals are nice - no rice for sure. Unless special order of rice ( they will charge bigly grin)

Mashed potatoes ofc -
do you have rice ?
Let me ask the chief cook grin
They try not to say no to their patrons.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by kabukabu50(m): 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
How many people will be involved in this "massive" campaign of yours? Only about 21 million, in a nation of over 213 million, turned out to vote last Saturday. Why are you convinced more will show up the next time around? undecided

You mean 21 million votes were recorded.

It doesn't matter if 50 million showed up.

It doesn't matter if some voting centers opened at 4 pm.

It doesn't matter that results were changed.

The cognitive dissonance is mind boggling
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Mar 03, 2023
kabukabu50:
You mean 21 million votes were recorded. It doesn't matter if 50 million showed up.It doesn't matter if some voting centers opened at 4 pm. It doesn't matter that results were changed. The cognitive dissonance is mind boggling
Cognitive dissonance? undecided
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by usagee36: 9:14pm On Mar 03, 2023
You are a f...ing big liar. Where is the receipt.
Ijaya06:
I'll need 10 plates of this to be full 🌝. They still collect tax of $5. Con ask me for tips again

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by LastProphet: 12:41am On Mar 04, 2023
Ijaya06:
I'll need 10 plates of this to be full 🌝. They still collect tax of $5. Con ask me for tips again

Always go to la michoacana and look for parboiled rice, can't be more than $5 a bag almost that size, and taste exactly like Nigeria rice
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by cococandy(f): 4:00am On Mar 04, 2023
amuwo1980:
Cooper hawk side dish and all for less than 70 dollars plus wine and drunken shrimps etc

Next time you go, try their chocolate wine if you haven’t already 🤤😋😋

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by amuwo1980: 6:47am On Mar 04, 2023
cococandy:

Next time you go, try their chocolate wine if you haven’t already 🤤😋😋
I will be there this Sunday and u can be sure I will ask for it , thanks for the recommendation

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Schrodinger2(m): 7:13pm On Mar 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Cost of eggs have fallen back down since then and continue to fall. Check your local Walmart. undecided
It hasn't fallen to the former price, maybe just a little drop. I checked the Walmart here 2days ago. Maybe it's different with cities. Where's your location?
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by lily156: 7:27pm On Mar 04, 2023
This is a big fat lie

Ijaya06:
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2023
cococandy:

Maybe he thinks the food pantry is a trash bin.

I buy good food and take to the pantry in my area. No left overs. Good food that me and my family will eat. They don’t accept anything open, used, expired or if fresh items must be visible up to par.

Why wouldn’t anyone eat from it?

Cococandy, I couldn’t find the derailers thread but I learned to make Vietnamese rice noodles at home and want to share the easy recipe. grin Please link me when you have time or tell me which thread is best to share it in.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:03pm On Mar 08, 2023
amuwo1980:

This sauce looks so delicious.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by amuwo1980: 5:06pm On Mar 08, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

This sauce looks so delicious.
I had a wonderful time and there were drunken shrimps ( shrimps soaked in brandy )nice hot bread kept coming and the cocktails and wines were gustatory delights

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by ZINNYBANKS: 5:27pm On Mar 08, 2023
amuwo1980:
If this is $70 then op is right ...
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by amuwo1980: 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2023
ZINNYBANKS:

If this is $70 then op is right ...
Did u read what I wrote ? Ofcos u did not , they never do , that is a side dish, have you ever heard of that ? It is a part of the meal that includes other dishes and endlessly flow of freshly baked bread etc. 70$ is not too much to pay
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by PoliteActivist: 10:40pm On Mar 09, 2023
amuwo1980:

Did u read what I wrote ? Ofcos u did not , they never do , that is a side dish, have you ever heard of that ? It is a part of the meal that includes other dishes and endlessly flow of freshly baked bread etc. 70$ is not too much to pay

Your post is very confusing. Not his fault at all.
Was thinking same thing
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by amuwo1980: 4:49am On Mar 10, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Your post is very confusing. Not his fault at all.
Was thinking same thing
But other guys got it right , side dish explains it all
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by PoliteActivist: 5:12am On Mar 10, 2023
amuwo1980:

But other guys got it right , side dish explains it all

Well, this is a Nigerian audience. The photo you have there is not "side dish" anywhere in Nigeria!
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by amuwo1980: 8:56am On Mar 10, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Well, this is a Nigerian audience. The photo you have there is not "side dish" anywhere in Nigeria!
This is baffling , he made a purchase in Chicago at a certain price and I disputed that because I have comparable experience in same city , you did not read the post and anyways have a wonderful day
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by PoliteActivist: 9:01am On Mar 10, 2023
amuwo1980:

This is baffling , he made a purchase in Chicago at a certain price and I disputed that because I have comparable experience in same city , you did not read the post and anyways have a wonderful day

It's not really your fault sha. How are you to know that what most people will focus on are only two things: $70 and the photo you posted representing it. Hardly anyone will "see" side dish or anything else in your post

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by grandstar(m): 5:30am On Mar 12, 2023
:Pt
Ijaya06:

Calm down. I'm not abusing America. I was only talking about the food I ate. I know you guys are like this whenever anyone post things like this. If I had said I bought this food for $1.99 , you'd have agreed me. But then, I didn't buy it for $1.99

You people reek of inferiority complex. Your ilks will soon litter this thread. Let's wait for them in 1,2,3

The fault is yours. Your rice alone couldn't have cost that much. You should have been open about the total package.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Obaaderemi2: 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2023
PoliteActivist:

It's not really your fault sha. How are you to know that what most people will focus on are only two things: $70 and the photo you posted representing it. Hardly anyone will "see" side dish or anything else in your post
Nigerians! grin
The guy said 'side dish'. That means it was part of a full meal.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by PoliteActivist: 6:46pm On Mar 13, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Nigerians! grin
The guy said 'side dish'. That means it was part of a full meal.

You don't understand. What he posted was a main course in Nigeria, and he posted it alone, resulting in real confusion!

Ok let's replicate what he posted with Nigerian food:
Amala side dish and all for less than 7000 naira

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Ram With 5 Horns Sold At A Market In Lagos Ahead Of Sallah Celebration. / African Forest Buffalo Killed In Hunting Expedition (Photos) / An Affordable Meal Services With Free Delivery To All Nairaland Menbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.