Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US (83915 Views)

I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) / See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:41pm On Mar 02, 2023
assholemods:

What rubbish is this one saying?

That’s the mumu guy that claims he and his family know every Nigerian and Nigerian lawyer in this whole America but they don’t recognize me so I’m a fraud. cheesy Fear guys who have family that personally know close to 500,000 people by face. :DSame crackhead says all his imaginary friends had relations with me but he can’t tell you where I live or what my name is. Just a mentally ill, compulsive liar that claims to vacation in North Korea. He’s to be ignored.

4 Likes

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by ceejayluv(m): 10:42pm On Mar 02, 2023
brain54:

But in my opinion…

It’s food is still expensive though compared to Nigeria.

At between $8/15 do the maths/conversion to #!

But I guess they earn more. But I think food should be one of the cheapest things to get especially in a country like the U.S where technology and stuff should play a big role in agriculture…
If one can eat a whole meal with $10, it's not bad. A minimum wage worker earns that in an hour.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by udomma1005(m): 10:42pm On Mar 02, 2023
imagrg:
Oh boy,
Come back to Nigeria joor. That money can feed you for a week in Nigeria and you will still have enough to spend on olosho services.
U nor be beta pesin, aswear!
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by irumole1975: 10:42pm On Mar 02, 2023
The OP is right. I bought 12 eggs for $9 in Chicago. I can snap the receipt

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:42pm On Mar 02, 2023
irumole1975:

America is ridiculously expensive. I bought 12 eggs at a Walmart in Chicago for $9 before taxes

I’m sure you could’ve bought a whole chicken and several chicken pieces for that much.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by womenareapezz: 10:43pm On Mar 02, 2023
GENES11S:

grin grin grin calm down bro, no be fight. e be like you dey watch too many Hollywood movies.

watch Hollywood! undecided
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:44pm On Mar 02, 2023
irumole1975:
The OP is right. I bought 12 eggs for $9 in Chicago. I can snap the receipt

OP’s deception has already been exposed. He admitted to having other food in the order after being challenged and kept changing his story. The size of his bag was proof that he didn’t tell the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by irumole1975: 10:44pm On Mar 02, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

I’m sure you could’ve bought a whole chicken and several chicken pieces for that much.

I eat goat meat. Go for about $18 for 7 pieces

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by tommy589(m): 10:44pm On Mar 02, 2023
Sevenworldpower:

In 80s, #2.50k would by rice of similar quantity in Nigeria.

Maybe you bought cooked rice in the posh part of town. 40 kobo or less gets me that in early 80s,meat fish,beans included. My memory of late 80s price is fuzzy but 2.50k is on the high side coping with 120 naira minimum wage
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by GENES11S: 10:44pm On Mar 02, 2023
womenareapezz:
watch Hollywood! undecided

grin grin grin
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by vhykeeytor(m): 10:45pm On Mar 02, 2023
Ijaya06:
I'll need 10 plates of this to be full 🌝. They still collect tax of $5. Con ask me for tips again

Still fair... probably that is the money you earned for less than 3hours working. The Local urchins here in Nigeria work for approximately 6-8hrs online for 30days to get 30k stipend...that's less than 800 naira a day. Yet they are very satisfied with the slave mentality.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by irumole1975: 10:46pm On Mar 02, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

OP’s deception has already been exposed. He admitted to having other food in the order after being challenged and kept changing his story. The size of his bag was proof that he didn’t tell the truth.
I hear. Is that you on DP? Do you have a white boyfriend laidis? This one that white guys go for look unlike Black men, and all of you will kill to date and average white guy
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:47pm On Mar 02, 2023
DanAugust2021:
But dis one plenty, come look delicious pass the one wey you buy now, abi you just want spend money?

Remind him that I posted a receipt, he refuses to do the same.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 10:48pm On Mar 02, 2023
Ijaya06:

There's a little sauce, but it's just curry. If I want beef, I'll pay about $50

Lol....

So, That Quantity of Rice with Curry Sauce is for $25 ?

Truly, We don't know what we are enjoying in Nigeria until we leave the country.

We only need to create financial income streams for ourselves in the areas of AGRICULTURE Down Here in Nigeria.

For The Information of Nigerians Still Living in Nigeria;

2 Bushels of Rice = 50 KG of Rice goes for just 34,000 Naira down here @Our Mill in UGEP, Cross River State.

Clean and De-stoned Rice.

This is contrary to the 45,000 Naira+ which a 50KG Bag of Rice currently go for.

Take This Opportunity to place your order from us now:

https://www.nairaland.com/7593843/order-clean-local-rice-mill#121413489

Follow Up.

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by WantsandMore: 10:50pm On Mar 02, 2023
tommy589:

Maybe you bought cooked rice in the posh part of town. 40 kobo or less gets me that in early 80s,meat fish,beans included. My memory of late 80s price is fuzzy but 2.50k is on the high side coping with 120 naira minimum wage
Baba ooo....
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:51pm On Mar 02, 2023
sukkot:
the magnificent mile is push cart territory. People park their buses and sell food out of them and yes they have websites. You cant buy 2 dollar foods in a real building in Chicago . Impossible. Rent, city taxes, workers wages, profit, supplies etc etc

I’ve been to Chicago before. I know the kind of places you’re mentioning, I don’t patronize them. The price I listed was a SIDE ORDER of white rice. Why are you insisting that I took the menu from a pushcart when it’s from the website of a dine-in restaurant? If it was a pushcart, I would’ve said so. Very strange.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by yaki84: 10:52pm On Mar 02, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

grin
You can relax. Food is very inexpensive here—-unless you want eggs. embarassed
Can i take u on a date?
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by nwakibie3(m): 10:52pm On Mar 02, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
You didn’t have to lie,
Why didn’t you just be up front and show the rest of the food and tell about the delivery charge. Better yet, why didn’t you show the receipt?
So you paid that amount for an entree, rice, and possibly a delivery charge. Okay.

I sent you an email

Pls respond
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by irumole1975: 10:53pm On Mar 02, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

I’ve been to Chicago before. I know the kind of places you’re mentioning, I don’t patronize them. The price I listed was a SIDE ORDER or rice. Why are you insisting that I took the menu from a pushcart when it’s from the website of a dine-in restaurant? If it was a pushcart, I would’ve said so. Very strange.

The OP might not have posted everything he bought. But then America is very very expensive. May God heal Nigeria seriously

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by SaturnNick(m): 10:54pm On Mar 02, 2023
Is there any special package inside? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Mar 02, 2023
Ijaya06:
I'll need 10 plates of this to be full 🌝. They still collect tax of $5. Con ask me for tips again
Where in Chicago did you purchase what you claim abeg. Some of us here dey Chicago and would gladly waka go verify your claim.. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Mar 02, 2023
SaturnNick:
Is there any special package inside? shocked shocked shocked
He is lying! undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

irumole1975:
The OP might not have posted everything he bought. But then America is very very expensive. May God heal Nigeria seriously
Stop lying! America is not very expensive! undecided
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by sukkot: 10:58pm On Mar 02, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

I’ve been to Chicago before. I know the kind of places you’re mentioning, I don’t patronize them. The price I listed was a SIDE ORDER of white rice. Why are you insisting that I took the menu from a pushcart when it’s from the website of a dine-in restaurant? If it was a pushcart, I would’ve said so. Very strange.
oh ok just that those prices too low for that area lol
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:59pm On Mar 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Where in Chicago did you purchase what you claim abeg. Some of us here dey Chicago and would gladly waka go verify your claim.. undecided

Now, I’m really laughing because I know that you would.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 10:59pm On Mar 02, 2023
Ijaya06:
There's a little sauce, but it's just curry. If I want beef, I'll pay about $50
What store make I call them right now or check their yelp site to see if you are lying or not. undecided
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 11:01pm On Mar 02, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
Now, I’m really laughing because I know that you would.
Imagine the numbknot telling us food wey we dey buy regularly for here for Chicago cost him an arm and a leg. I no blame am... he thinks all Nigerians are fools or something. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by sukkot: 11:01pm On Mar 02, 2023
Let me share some of my Chicago pics with yall. Am not in it obviously. I am CIA. Lol
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Felixv: 11:02pm On Mar 02, 2023
Ijaya06:

you know this is not true....even at o'hare airport $25 bucks would get a you a nice meal
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by ibkayee(f): 11:02pm On Mar 02, 2023
sukkot:
Let me share some of my Chicago pics with yall. Am not in it obviously. I am CIA. Lol
I hope they’re clearer than those Burger King pics you posted that we needed magnifying glass to see 🚶‍♀️
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by sukkot: 11:03pm On Mar 02, 2023

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Enemyofpeace: 11:03pm On Mar 02, 2023
brain54:
No stew…?
oyinbo no dey take stew chop rice, except with yams, beans and bread

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

African Forest Buffalo Killed In Hunting Expedition (Photos) / Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. / An Affordable Meal Services With Free Delivery To All Nairaland Menbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.