Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US (83904 Views)

I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) / See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
irumole1975:
You said America isn't expensive and I'm letting you know how much I pay in rent motherfuvcker
If you don't like paying that much rent then move to a place --- a different state or neighborhood ---- where it is a lot cheaper for you. No one hold you for where you dey, right? Apply commonsense in these things abeg! undecided
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by irumole1975: 11:31pm On Mar 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You can get free food from the local food pantry if you are not able to afford food here. undecided

But why don't you tell him you can't get all food? You can get useless food like veg oil, canned tomatoes, fruits in some cases. These are foods that won't you won't even eat on a norm. And then it get limit of how many times you can go to pantry in a month. Maybe two or Three times

You people show unnecessary standard and lies about abroad to ignorant Nigerians who love to worship anything about abroad
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by sunboy(m): 11:31pm On Mar 02, 2023
Ijaya06:
I'll need 10 plates of this to be full 🌝. They still collect tax of $5. Con ask me for tips again

Show us receipt, that’s a big fat lie!

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Bossman(m): 11:31pm On Mar 02, 2023
Yup! He was not are that there are quite a few of us in Chicagoland on this platform.

1stGenAmerican:

Or he thought that he was the only Nigerian on this board in Chicago. Most of you guys have been there longer than he has and know the city better than he does, I’m sure. I’m pretty sure you guys earn more than he does yet you don’t feel the need to show off and lie to others.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by sukkot: 11:32pm On Mar 02, 2023
irumole1975:

Did you airfry this.?
lol nah bought it from this healthy supermarket called whole foods. It’s roasted on premises .
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by sukkot: 11:33pm On Mar 02, 2023
ibkayee:

I hope they’re clearer than those Burger King pics you posted that we needed magnifying glass to see 🚶‍♀️
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy it’s that iphone4 lmao

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Lunja: 11:33pm On Mar 02, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Bro, I forgot about Chipotle. You’re right again, rice bowl with chicken or beef, beans, etc. and I don’t recall paying over $10-&12
I don’t even think the expensive food at the airport comes close to the price this guy claims.

Uncle sam's lies and deceit is passed on from generation to generation.
Blinken's mendacious behaviour was inherited from his predecesors - pompeo, condoleeza, powel, albright, et al, all did the same. 🤮

But it is now GAME OVER!

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Maxxim: 11:35pm On Mar 02, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
See what I’ve found on the menu of a Chicago restaurant close to one of the largest business districts?
Now does OPs claim still sound true?
😂😂 Busted
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Mar 02, 2023
irumole1975:
■ But why don't you tell him you can't get all food? You can get useless food like veg oil, canned tomatoes, fruits in some cases. These are foods that won't you won't even eat on a norm. And then it get limit of how many times you can go to pantry in a month. Maybe two or Three times

You people show unnecessary standard and lies about abroad to ignorant Nigerians who love to worship anything about abroad
1. Wow.... so you never gotten rice, bread, eggs, meat, chicken, beans, jam, peanut butter, pastries, Tuna, cereal, juice, potatoes, groceries, etc., from even your local food bank? undecided

And your local food bank doesn't allow you a visit every two weeks? Wow... you really should move to another place or file a complaint with feedAmerica.orgundecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by teejaylarry: 11:36pm On Mar 02, 2023
Ijaya06:
I'll need 10 plates of this to be full 🌝. They still collect tax of $5. Con ask me for tips again
You’re free to come back to your father’s land nobody hold u there
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by ibkayee(f): 11:38pm On Mar 02, 2023
sukkot:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy it’s that iphone4 lmao
Ok o

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by irumole1975: 11:41pm On Mar 02, 2023
sukkot:
lol nah bought it from this healthy supermarket called whole foods. It’s roasted on premises .

Are u in The UK? UK has healthier foods than the US. Food in the US na thrash
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by sukkot: 11:42pm On Mar 02, 2023
ibkayee:

Ok o
grin grin grin grin we will do better. insha allah, as they say. cute monkey

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Mckandre(m): 11:42pm On Mar 02, 2023
Dialpad:
Nigerian food is super expensive..... a meal could cost as much as $20- $30

Try that naija restaurant on Richmond and chimney Rock. Houston. Ordinary Eba with meat for $29

Not everyone likes those Chinese food

those African dishes were imported with custom charges after tax because they re native food in their country of origin, same way flour base dishes like cakes ,confectionery etc are expensive in Nigeria, u will literally go broke fast if u eat African dishes over there.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 11:43pm On Mar 02, 2023
sukkot:
Healthy my arse... food na food! They suck you lot in with their organic branding so you can pay unnecessary prices for food you can get cheaper elsewhere. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by ibkayee(f): 11:45pm On Mar 02, 2023
irumole1975:

Their processed foods are on steroids and this is coming from someone who loves junk food
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Regex: 11:47pm On Mar 02, 2023
Ijaya06:

Una don start this thing again... Person no go hear word for una.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by sukkot: 11:48pm On Mar 02, 2023
irumole1975:

i strongly disagree. The USA has healthier foods if you are willing to shop at trader joes and whole foods and even Dominics. Just don’t go too cheap cuz then you are buying inferior quality. The UK has a lesser quality of food when compared to whole foods and trader joes in the USA. But of course a better quality than cheaper foods in the USA. But ermmm I am in Nigeria bro. Suffering like a refugee. No naira no fuel. Na garri levels we dey cheesy

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:48pm On Mar 02, 2023
43Ronin:

Tge guy is a fućking liar, there's no way that small cup of rice alone is $25. Ok say where you bought it, their menu is always online. Low self-esteem liar. A bag of nugerian/singapore rice is $20. The cost you put there is the price of the entire meal plus delivery charges, tips & tax, why lying that just whit-rice alone is $25? Most of you people that just arrived the USA like to show yourselves. Your hustle neva even start u din dey lie.

I’m glad all you guys are chiming in with the truth because I didn’t want to seem like I was picking on OP.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Sanchez01: 11:50pm On Mar 02, 2023
Ijaya06:
This is a big fat lie. How much is a 10LBS of raw rice? Plus, you can't be charged a $5 tax for a $25.75 purchase. It is not possible. Your tax should be about 7.5% of your total amount and as such about $1.9 as against your claim of $5.

I am dead sure the cost includes delivery, tip and more of the food.

Please lie with ease.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by sukkot: 11:52pm On Mar 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Healthy my arse... food na food! They suck you lot in with their organic branding so you can pay unnecessary prices for food you can get cheaper elsewhere. undecided
not in the USA you actually physically see the bad effects of cheap food on poor African American men. gmo food. The men have man boobs. Big breast like c or d cup breast lol
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On Mar 02, 2023
sukkot:
■i strongly disagree. The USA has healthier foods if you are willing to shop at trader joes and whole foods and even Dominics. Just don’t go too cheap cuz then you are buying inferior quality. The UK has a lesser quality of food when compared to whole foods and trader joes in the USA. But of course a better quality than cheaper foods in the USA. But ermmm I am in Nigeria bro. Suffering like a refugee. No naira no fuel. Na garri levels we dey cheesy

1. ALDI is healthy without the big price tags. There is nothing inferior there at all. So also is Walmart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by esafutureDoc: 11:53pm On Mar 02, 2023
Ijaya06:

There's a little sauce, but it's just curry. If I want beef, I'll pay about $50
What kind of lie is this ?
Where in the US are you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by sukkot: 11:53pm On Mar 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. ALDI is healthy without the big price tags. There is nothing inferior there at all. So also is Walmart.
ALDI is not a wide selection but yes you can get some good stuff there
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:54pm On Mar 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Wow.... so you never gotten rice, bread, eggs, meat, chicken, beans, jam, peanut butter, pastries, Tuna, cereal, juice, potatoes, groceries, etc., from even your local food bank? undecided

And your local food bank doesn't allow you a visit every two weeks? Wow... you really should move to another place or file a complaint with feedAmerica.orgundecided

Hahaha. He should file a complaint because the foods you named are free for the taking at every food bank across the country. If it’s not given it away, it’ll go bad. I don’t think they stop people from going. One trip should be enough food for two weeks, single or family gets enough for each member. I volunteered at the drive up over Christmas and each car was getting a 10 pound. bag of potatoes, jars of peanut butter, rice, and a box of other stuff. The cars with drivers that said they had more family members got double.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 11:54pm On Mar 02, 2023
sukkot:
■ not in the USA you actually physically see the bad effects of cheap food on poor African American men.

■ gmo food. The men have man boobs. Big breast like c or d cup breast lol
1. Stop lying! Instead what you see is result of overeating and not bad or what you call cheap food. undecided

2. How many actual illnesses have you verified are caused by eating what you call GMO foods? Nigerians for Nigeria don dey eat that thing tay and dem no get the same overeating issues, do they? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by irumole1975: 11:54pm On Mar 02, 2023
ibkayee:

Their processed foods are on steroids and this is coming from someone who loves junk food

My wife's only been here for two weeks and already complained about how much she misses UK, and how easily she could get Nigerian foods in the UK compare to the "not so easily" accessible African market we have here

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by sukkot: 11:58pm On Mar 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Stop lying! Instead what you see is result of overeating and not bad or what you call cheap food. undecided

2. How many actual illnesses have you verified are caused by eating what you call GMO foods? Nigerians for Nigeria don dey eat that thing tay and dem no get the same overeating issues, do they? undecided
people overeat here in naija, their whole body gets bigger but they don’t grow breast. I hope this is not one of those your no ending arguments? It’s too late for that . Am in naija it’s midnight here lol

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 11:58pm On Mar 02, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
■ Hahaha. He should file a complaint because the foods you named are free for the taking at every food bank across the country. If it’s not given it away, it’ll go bad. I don’t think they stop people from going.
■ One trip should be enough food for two weeks, single or family gets enough for each member. I volunteered at the drive up over Christmas and each car was getting a 10 pound. bag of potatoes, jars of peanut butter, rice, and a box of other stuff. The cars with drivers that said they had more family members got double.
1. No mind the riffraff who probably also thinks no one here has ever worked at the food bank or knows anything about what foods are made available regularly to those who use their service. lipsrsealed

2. Exactly! So, I don't understand why anyone needs resort to lying about these things. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:59pm On Mar 02, 2023
sukkot:
not in the USA you actually physically see the bad effects of cheap food on poor African American men. gmo food. The men have man boobs. Big breast like c or d cup breast lol

Where do you see these men? My whole maternal side is African American and none of the men have breasts.
Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by Kobojunkie: 11:59pm On Mar 02, 2023
sukkot:
people overeat here on naija, there whole body gets bigger but they don’t grow breast. I hope this is not one of those your no ending arguments? It’s too late for that . Am in naija it’s midnight here lol
Stop lying! Obesity affects different races/tribes/body shapes differently. undecided

I asked you a simple question. How many actual illnesses have you verified are caused by eating what you call GMO foods? Nigerians for Nigeria don dey eat that thing tay and dem no get the same overeating issues, do they? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:03am On Mar 03, 2023
irumole1975:

My wife's only been here for two weeks and already complained about how much she misses UK, and how easily she could get Nigerian foods in the UK compare to the "not so easily" accessible African market we have here

Nobody can pay me to trade American food for the bland unseasoned food in the UK. Only the ethnic food is good.
My Nigerian dad says often that he doesn’t understand why Nigerians eat Nigerian food for their whole lifetime, move abroad, and don’t try to eat anything but the Nigerian food they’ve eaten every day in life. As a kid, we had Nigerian food 2, 3 nights each week maybe but we enjoyed other things too. I could never travel to Nigeria and eat only American food or go to Asia or South America and eat American food that I can eat at home.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

African Forest Buffalo Killed In Hunting Expedition (Photos) / Akara I Bought For N250 At Ikoyi. / An Affordable Meal Services With Free Delivery To All Nairaland Menbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.