Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness (35576 Views)

Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi / 2019 Poll: Atiku Meets Wike Ahead Of Campaign Kick Off / I Defeated Saraki, Kwankwaso, Others In Online Poll — Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by okuta007: 10:34am On Mar 02, 2023
okuta007:

you answered one part of my question - none of which exist in isolation
IF you borrow from me and say "I will pay you back tomorrow" and tomorrow comes- and you give the equivalent amount of that money you borrowed in food and groceries, I have the right to reject it because the term - "I will pay you back" in lay terms meant, I will give you your money back, EXCEPT if stated, that I may pay you back in cash OR food items - Are we clear to this point?

When the INEC chairman was selling BVAS to Nigerians on radio and television and even the international media - Chattam House comes to mind, he NEVER for once added the caveat that "IF BVAS fails to upload, we will write the result as a means to convey the data to the Collation center" --- Such ambiguity is tantamount to fraud and it will not pass the integrity test in court. Now when you have 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 videos of him surfacing where he NEVER mentioned manual transmission - then the court will see it as a deliberate act to hoodwink the people ------- PRIMA FACIE is a stubborn maxim of natural justice grin
Election Results annulled- go and start afresh grin
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by Everlastingson: 10:35am On Mar 02, 2023
At the end of the day the owner of the 2023 Nigeria Presidential Mandate gets it. The owner and winner as voted for by the Nigerian men, women and youths is Mr Peter Obi. He will surely retrieve the stolen mandate by Divine act. All oppositions to Peter Obi becoming President will go down, including those who rigged the election.
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by ejimatic: 10:36am On Mar 02, 2023
okuta007:

what is the definition of transmission ? why was BVAS procured? what was the intention of BVAS? was it limited only to biometrics verification or did it include instant transmission of results? why was IREV created? what is a contract? was there an admission on tape of the INEC chairman telling Nigerians the results will be transmitted electronically from the polling unit ? was that statement from INEC chairman a form of social contract with the Nigerian electorate ? what are the penalties for contractual breach? Is promise a form of unwritten contract? Are unwritten but verbal contract or promise admissible in Law? IF so, was that a promise? IF it was a promise, was it kept? IF it wasn't kept, does that amount to fraud? What is fraud? Is this act an of dishonesty to create a false advantage ? what is the barometer of ethics? was it crossed? were the people tricked by INEC and his Chairman using state resources to believe and subscribe to the lie?

when case don wear pant - you go know why to go court no be good thing for both who dey want case and those wey no like case grin
. BVAS can only be used to prove overvoting. It is not negotiable. As for transmission of results there is no hard and fast rule as long as provisions are available to carry out check and balances on results. For example every ward has a returning officer who will collate all results from the polling units. All the ward returning officers will submitt at the local governments. The local governments returinig officers will submitt at the state collation center. From there to the nationall collation center in Abuja. If there are no questions at the poling units, lacal government and state level ,no question at the national level. In all the three stages votes can be legally cancelled according to the INEC regulations. Aggrieved parties may go to court. but I am very sure nothing will come out of it. Non use of BVAS to transmitt resukts from the polling units is not strong enough to affect the outcome of the election.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by senatordave1(m): 10:37am On Mar 02, 2023
okuta007:

you answered one part of my question - none of which exist in isolation
IF you borrow from me and say "I will pay you back tomorrow" and tomorrow comes- and you give the equivalent amount of that money you borrowed in food and groceries, I have the right to reject it because the term - "I will pay you back" in lay terms meant, I will give you your money back, EXCEPT if stated, that I may pay you back in cash OR food items - Are we clear to this point?

When the INEC chairman was selling BVAS to Nigerians, he NEVER for once added the caveat that "IF BVAS fails to upload, we will write the result as a means to convey the data to the Collation center" --- Such ambiguity is tantamount to fraud and it will not pass the integrity test in court. Now when you have 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 videod of him surfacing where he NEVER mentioned manual transmission - then the court will see it as a deliberate act to hoodwink the people ------- PRIMA FACIE is a stubborn maxim of natural justice grin

The court can not nullify elections based on the words of the chairman esp something that is not legal.the court will only cancel elections if the electoral act was clearly breached.the words or promise of inec are not law and never a condition for election cancellation.
In addition,verbal agreements do not carry much weight as much as written agreements.this will not sail.the only thing lp can do is to gather proofs of polling unit results that were tampered with in substantial numbers,evidence of violence,intimidation,evidence of clear breach of the electoral act.
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by Anakazo22: 10:37am On Mar 02, 2023
Lanretoye:
how old is American president?,hypocrites...just getthefuck otta my mention fool,obi will be over 70years in the next 8years then I will see you call him out as old if he contests for presidency.mad people.

You are the biggest fool stupid idiot.. supporting a drug Baron and founder of Agbero.
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by lukman22: 10:38am On Mar 02, 2023
Tunechi5:
Why's Atiku going to court?

To help Obi win back his mandate naaaah. 🤪🤪🤪🤪
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by seguno2: 10:40am On Mar 02, 2023
knowhowk:
With Baba Ariwoola as the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court ...I just laugh which Kind Judgement they expect when the case get to Supreme..

Moh247:
cool

Ozekhome SAN is about to cash out

CJN Alhaji Ariwoola from Oyo State Nigeria is waiting for them with their petition

Meaning what please
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by brutal1(m): 10:41am On Mar 02, 2023
Unity in loss...if una head correct una for stay together win am come dey share am, una use personal ambition scuttle una sure chance. These two teams together na over 10.5 to APC 1.5. But they didnt see that coming. I won't be surprised in the future to know one of you was paid and sponsored to scuttle your chances because it is just too foolish. How can you trade your sure victory just like that. Una come dey complain now. Who scattered your house in the first place? This is a game of numbers. Hold on to your territory and make sure you garner reasonable vote in the enemies territory but alas you parted ways and reduced your chances by yourself. You guys owe Nigerians apology for not teaming up to rescue us. Everything was in your favour. You dont need to campaign sef...APC performance was enough for your guys to win. Make una learn una lesson.
Wagwanbrethren:
Father and son heads to Court!
Losers, accept defeat and stop disturbing us with unnecessary noise! 🤣
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by okuta007: 10:42am On Mar 02, 2023
senatordave1:

The court can not nullify elections based on the words of the chairman esp something that is not legal.the court will only cancel elections if the electoral act was clearly breached.the words or promise of inec are not law and never a condition for election cancellation.
In addition,verbal agreements do not carry much weight as much as written agreements.this will not sail.the only thing lp can do is to gather proofs of polling unit results that were tampered with in substantial numbers,evidence of violence,intimidation,evidence of clear breach of the electoral act.

The later factors you mentioned are not exclusive to matters arising - But have you read the Law of Contract? IF you havn't, Please take some time and read it. The INEC chairman is not just a citizen of Nigeria but an embodiment of federal authority.
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by fergie001: 10:43am On Mar 02, 2023
Lightorder:
you lied
Nothing come out,my bro
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by BJanta: 10:43am On Mar 02, 2023
franchasofficia:
You people will just open your corrupt mouth Waah and pour out any nonsense you want.

US Presidential election rigging they accused Trump of has nothing to do with changing the election result or figures but about Russia influencing American voters and their emotion towards Trump using Social Media platforms and other internet propagandas, not changing election results and figures on election day, nobody can dare that in America and American judiciary will allow it fly.

US own was called Russian interference in American election not rigging per se.

Before you lovers and supporters evil and corruption in Nigeria open your stinking mouths to compare Nigeria with other developed nations please try and get your facts correctly.

Tinubu in collaboration with INEC, State Governors and other State actors jointly rigged Peter Obi out and nobody should dare tell Labor Party not to seek redress in court.

There are glaring proofs right now, you can start the checks from your own polling unit where you voted to check and confirm how useless and callous APC and the Governors with INEC were in subverting the will of Nigerians.

From court rulings we all will then know where this nation truly stand and what next to do.

You're mixing up your facts. The main allegation was that Russian hackers,with the knowledge of Putin, compromised the voting records, in the servers of the American election body, in favour of Trump. To put it simply, the Russian hackers rigged the American election for Trump to win . How can you measure how much ' influencing ' has impacted upon an election victory? That's abstract, not quantifiable. How can that now become actionable in any judicial or investigative process ? Then what is essence of electioneering campaign if information is unlawful ? In the current elections in Nigeria, we saw some of this aspirants jetting abroad, and even meeting with ambassadors and consular representatives of foreign countries in Nigeria here. All to seek ' influencing '. But you are free to believe anything you so desire.
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by Charly68: 10:43am On Mar 02, 2023
Lawyers must eat ..
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by Yorubalandlord(m): 10:44am On Mar 02, 2023
Lanretoye:
awon baba e foolish,and your family.die if u care,tinubu is president
May God in heaven who is the God of justice visit you and your family the way that lady was gun down on Saturday at the street of Edo state because she came to fulfil her civil rights as a Nigerian citizen.

May God make the members of your family to be humiliated like those Nigerians who were humiliated and beaten up in Lagos just because they wanted to fulfill their civil duties.

May this election and the curse that would follow those who worked against the Desire of Nigerians teach Nigerians to walk in the paths of righteousness and Nation building in Jesus name Amen.
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by nedekid: 10:47am On Mar 02, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Father and son heads to Court!
Losers, accept defeat and stop disturbing us with unnecessary noise! 🤣
Oga, this is democracy. The institutions are strengthened when people use their rights to seek redress in court. Tomorrow, If you feel your personal rights are trampled will you say you say accept defeat? Will you accept you will not get justice from the courts? What then will stop impunity? People will commit and tell you "go to court" as is been done by INEC now.
Hmm, a foreign owned nigerian company told me to do my worst many years ago. Here in naija ohh. Infact we were 2, the other fellow did not want to pay lawyers feeling they will chop his money.
last week in court, my worst finally hook their throat. Let me say, they will be making me quite comfortable.
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by okuta007: 10:50am On Mar 02, 2023
ejimatic:
. BVAS can only be used to prove overvoting. It is not negotiable. As for transmission of results there is no hard and fast rule as long as provisions are available to carry out check and balances on results. For example every ward has a returning officer who will collate all results from the polling units. All the ward returning officers will submitt at the local governments. The local governments returinig officers will submitt at the state collation center. From there to the nationall collation center in Abuja. If there are no questions at the poling units, lacal government and state level ,no question at the national level. In all the three stages votes can be legally cancelled according to the INEC regulations. Aggrieved parties may go to court. but I am very sure nothing will come out of it. Non use of BVAS to transmitt resukts from the polling units is not strong enough to affect the outcome of the election.

you have not answered my social contract question - what was the claim made on television by INEC's chairman on BVAS and IREV?

Coca Cola tells you through "advertisement" to drink coke for nourishment and you opened one bottle of coke and you drank it "believing" to nourish your body, instead it was laced with poison. While it may be possible that some employee failed to do their job well, and the law establishing Coca Cola never promised you will not be poisoned IF you drank Coca Cola, Is Coca Cola "liable" by law for poisoning you or not?
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by Yomit71(m): 10:51am On Mar 02, 2023
TrumpDonald2:

The world was watching and the world was disappointed. No international observer gave good remarks about the election as it was a total disappointment.
They can't do anything as Nigeria is a sovereign state. But they can call on/advice the president.

When the evidence will be provided in court and the courts tries something funny that is when the crisis will start.

Then the world will start calling on the president.

Isn't is shameful that no country was willing to congratulate him. Nigeria had to beg for it.

Just restrategize to come up with a better plan for your future, wailing can take long years, it won't heal
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by ejimatic: 11:06am On Mar 02, 2023
okuta007:

you have not answered my social contract question - what was the claim made on television by INEC's chairman on BVAS and IREV?

Coca Cola tells you through "advertisement" to drink coke for nourishment and you opened one bottle of coke and you drank it "believing" to nourish your body, instead it was laced with poison. While it may be possible that some employee failed to do their job well, and the law establishing Coca Cola never promised you will not be poisoned IF you drank Coca Cola, Is Coca Cola "liable" by law for poisoning you or not?
. TV claims hold no water neither did INEC sign any documents with anybody on it. INEC reserves the right to use any alternative in case of emergency. I am not discussing oral statement but the legal implications of the election from the legal perspectives.
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by Tonnyray: 11:17am On Mar 02, 2023
ejimatic:
. BVAS can only be used to prove overvoting. It is not negotiable. As for transmission of results there is no hard and fast rule as long as provisions are available to carry out check and balances on results. For example every ward has a returning officer who will collate all results from the polling units. All the ward returning officers will submitt at the local governments. The local governments returinig officers will submitt at the state collation center. From there to the nationall collation center in Abuja. If there are no questions at the poling units, lacal government and state level ,no question at the national level. In all the three stages votes can be legally cancelled according to the INEC regulations. Aggrieved parties may go to court. but I am very sure nothing will come out of it. Non use of BVAS to transmit results from the polling units is not strong enough to affect the outcome of the election.
You have sense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by Lanretoye(m): 11:18am On Mar 02, 2023
Anakazo22:

You are the biggest fool stupid idiot.. supporting a drug Baron and founder of Agbero.
you go cry tire.
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by Lanretoye(m): 11:19am On Mar 02, 2023
Anakazo22:

you go cry tire,slave.
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by ejimatic: 11:20am On Mar 02, 2023
Tonnyray:
You have sense.
tmThank yiu sir! Many don't know just as you cannot win election online you cannot win electoral cases by baseless and unfounded online argument. We need to have the views of PEPT and SC on the matter.
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by senatordave1(m): 11:23am On Mar 02, 2023
okuta007:

The later factors you mentioned are not exclusive to matters arising - But have you read the Law of Contract? IF you havn't, Please take some time and read it. The INEC chairman is not just a citizen of Nigeria but an embodiment of federal authority.

The law that governs elections are the constitution and the electoral act and to a small extent,the evidence act.law of contract etc,will never apply.the supreme court have stated severally that flouting of inec guidelines is not fatal as much as the electoral act...

As an aside,the inec chairman didnt break his promise of not uploading results realtime.the fault was from the field agents who were unable to upload results immediately polling ended due to network issues.this is no fault of the inec chairman.again,some results were actually uploaded where network coverage was high
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by okuta007: 11:23am On Mar 02, 2023
ejimatic:
. TV claims hold no water neither did INEC sign any documents with anybody on it. INEC reserves the right to use any alternative in case of emergency. I am not discussing oral statement but the legal implications of the election from the legal perspectives.

when you mentioned Oral - it shows you don’t know the law - IF spoken words cary no weight in your own understanding of the law - then what is slander ? is a person liable for slander? IF YES, then why would a spoken promise on TV not carry weight in court ?
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by Lanretoye(m): 11:25am On Mar 02, 2023
Yorubalandlord:

May God in heaven who is the God of justice visit you and your family the way that lady was gun down on Saturday at the street of Edo state because she came to fulfil her civil rights as a Nigerian citizen.

May God make the members of your family to be humiliated like those Nigerians who were humiliated and beaten up in Lagos just because they wanted to fulfill their civil duties.

May this election and the curse that would follow those who worked against the Desire of Nigerians teach Nigerians to walk in the paths of righteousness and Nation building in Jesus name Amen.
see mumu calling God in heaven for me forgetting that we both call the God for this election and he answered me.iffa invoke the spirit upon your life then your generation is doomed.you are just a kicking slaughtered bull...ndi ala.cant u see that u are cursed already since all your endeavors are not successful,see the elections for example. U are a perpetual loser,I will not curse you but the powers and principalities of this life,the sand,water and air will not favor you.perturbed low life fool.
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by okuta007: 11:29am On Mar 02, 2023
senatordave1:

The law that governs elections are the constitution and the electoral act and to a small extent,the evidence act.law of contract etc,will never apply.the supreme court have stated severally that flouting of inec guidelines is not fatal as much as the electoral act...

As an aside,the inec chairman didnt break his promise of not uploading results realtime.the fault was from the field agents who were unable to upload results immediately polling ended due to network issues.this is no fault of the inec chairman.again,some results were actually uploaded where network coverage was high

you are comparing apples to oranges

INEC had 4 years to prepare for the election and yet it failed in the most basic task of uploading the results which by law of contract it promised the people

since that expectation was not met, it must conduct another election - stating the expectation that “result will not be uploaded if network is unavailable” and the parties will agree to that for another election to be conducted - you think the way you do because you think anything goes and then law doesn’t matter but it surely does and in this case, the letters of the law will fully take its course
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by ejimatic: 11:31am On Mar 02, 2023
okuta007:

when you mentioned Oral - it shows you don’t know the law - IF spoken words cary no weight in your own understanding of the law - then what is slander ? is a person liable for slander? IF YES, then why would a spoken promise on TV not carry weight in court ?

. You are mixing things up and I may not reply you again until the proposed petitions are resolved in PEPT and SC.. If yiu claim you have an agreement, is it written ? Are wedding and contract agreement oral or written? If you purchase a piece of land is it an oral agreement you will seek for in the transaction? I said INEC did have any written agreement with any party yiu are talking about SLANDER! Let fold our hands and see what will happen at the courts if parties will present any written agreement on the matter..
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by okuta007: 11:34am On Mar 02, 2023
ejimatic:
. You are mixing things up and I may not reply you again until the proposed petitions are resolved in PEPT and SC.. If yiu claim you have an agreement, is it written ? Are wedding and contract agreement oral or written? If you purchase a piece of land is it an oral agreement you will seek for in the transaction? I said INEC did have any written agreement with any party yiu are talking about SLANDER! Let fold our hands and see what will happen at the courts if parties will present any written agreement on the matter..

we’ll see you in court!
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by senatordave1(m): 11:36am On Mar 02, 2023
okuta007:

you are comparing apples to oranges

INEC had 4 years to prepare for the election and yet it failed in the most basic task of uploading the results which by law of contract it promised the people

since that expectation was not met, it must conduct another election - stating the expectation that “result will not be uploaded if network is unavailable” and the parties will agree to that for another election to be conducted - you think the way you do because you think anything goes and then law doesn’t matter but it surely does and in this case, the letters of the law will fully take its course

Emotions and morality have no place in law.stop wasting your time.in 2019,inec promised to use server.pdp raised it in court and failed so leave it.it will never fly.
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by Antaanta: 11:39am On Mar 02, 2023
chatinent:
Allow Tinubu be president.

It was an APC man that has ruined this country with a huge debt profile. Allow another APC man there...he should undo the deeds.
Leave those idiots
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by ejimatic: 11:44am On Mar 02, 2023
okuta007:

we’ll see you in court!
. Yes good . We shall all see how the sittings and the judgement will follow the preceding rulings on the matter like Awlowo and Shagari 1983. OBJ and Falae 1999 Buhari and OBJ 2004 Rubadu and Yarfua 2009. Buhari and Goodluck 2013 Atiku and Buhari 2015 Atiku and Buhari 2019
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by Thomasankara(m): 11:46am On Mar 02, 2023
[/color]wetin una suppose Don do at inception, una come dey do now, who Bewitched u? [color=#770077]
Re: Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness by Majesty7: 12:06pm On Mar 02, 2023
franchasofficia:
What nonsense are you blabbing?

I was once a corper who acted as the INEC PU Officer for a PU in Osun state some years back and I can boldly tell you that none of the party agents voted, so what nonsense are you talking about?

My father was once a PDP LGA Party Chairman under Obasanjo regime, so I know these things more than you ordinary Nigerian okay

Okay. Obviously you and your father are among rotten Nigerians that needs to be dealt with. Mr. Not-ordinary Nigerian,you are a scam, a low life and a dirty citizen likewise your father. Don't worry, your cup will soon be full.

Every Nigerians have the right to vote. As a party agent, you are to vote and also to represent your party.

No wonder you are bitter. A foolish irresponsible father and son. Shame on you

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Seriake Dickson Moves To Join Apc / APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio / Calabar People Relocate "Governor Ayade Is Working" Signboards To Road Potholes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.