Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi (20901 Views)

Court Ruled In January That INEC Can Use Any Method For Results Transmission / *INEC Chairman Prof. Mahmood Yakubu Has Finally Stepped Down* / Ekiti Election: PDP Nwc Gets Hard Facts, Reconfirms That INEC Doctored Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by shantti(m): 12:21pm On Mar 02, 2023
Goodlady:
This is becoming like a sore loser thing.
Logically Tinubu won.
This type of write up ll lead to unwarranted protests that ll not end well. If una wan burn Nigeria, some people aren't.

With rigging bah
Imagine my enugu where no one voted for APC yet we saw 1400 votes for tinubu in the result.

Pls don't sound daft, tinubu didn't win logically
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by ProphetM0hammad: 12:21pm On Mar 02, 2023
Merch:
You must be an idiot

If i reply you accordingly now, you'll start claiming victim
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by shantti(m): 12:24pm On Mar 02, 2023
Revolution has to happen
It really has to
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Heffalump(m): 12:27pm On Mar 02, 2023
Looking at Mahmoud Yakubu's face alone shows he's a thief and a betrayal. How much billion dollar did Tinubu use to bribe him?
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Juddy007: 12:27pm On Mar 02, 2023
We have made tremendous progress, shall not despair, I can see Ray's of visibility at the end of the tunnel. They kept on complaing of labour party not having a political structure. In there false result sheet, both the structured and the structurless party had twelve equal states. APC won because of their criminal structure. The wicked shall never go unpunished. He who laugh last laughs best.
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by MFORC(m): 12:28pm On Mar 02, 2023
I stopped reading when I saw the name of the wailer sorry writer.

1 Like

Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Bizibi(m): 12:31pm On Mar 02, 2023
The governorship election go bloody.
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Mfetenang: 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2023
IKECHUKWU THE IPOB.

1 Like

Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Safyqueen: 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2023
Just because Obi didn't win not even Atiku that came second.

Una get long way to go.

Next time remove religion from politics the way northerners do.

Learn how to accept defeat.

I wonder how someone with right thinking faculty will expect divided opposition to defeat a United ruling party.

Nigeria is bigger than Obi and his hidden structure (aggrieved bigotic christains)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by martinm45: 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2023
All hope is not lost. Darkness may win the battle but God will finally win the war. The Nigerian people have done tgeur best but God shall do the rest .I congratulate the Nigeria people for their resilience and patriotism in voting and doing the right thing. I congratulate Peter Obi who hasn't said much because he doesn't talk any how unlike the average Nigerian politician. It is important to to note that this battle is not Peter Obi's battle. It is the battle of Jesus Christ the Lord of Hosts. Its a battle between Light and Darkness. Isa 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, be strong, fear for your God will come with vengeance even God with a recompense.He will come and save you."
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Safyqueen: 12:38pm On Mar 02, 2023
swiych:
Mahmoud don spoil majority of Nigerians mood

Una get long way to go.

I wonder how someone with right thinking faculty will expect divided opposition to defeat a United ruling party.

Nigeria is bigger than Obi and his hidden structure (aggrieved bigotic christains)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Ckonnet: 12:45pm On Mar 02, 2023
Goodlady:
This is becoming like a sore loser thing.
Logically Tinubu won.
This type of write up ll lead to unwarranted protests that ll not end well. If una wan burn Nigeria, some people aren't.

If only you understand the meaning of logically!
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Gboom: 12:50pm On Mar 02, 2023
martinm45:
All hope is not lost. Darkness may win the battle but God will finally win the war. The Nigerian people have done tgeur best but God shall do the rest .I congratulate the Nigeria people for their resilience and patriotism in voting and doing the right thing. I congratulate Peter Obi who hasn't said much because he doesn't talk any how unlike the average Nigerian politician. It is important to to note that this battle is not Peter Obi's battle. It is the battle of Jesus Christ the Lord of Hosts. Its a battle between Light and Darkness. Isa 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, be strong, fear for your God will come with vengeance even God with a recompense.He will come and save you."
Who is darkness and who is light among those who contested?
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Brendaniel: 12:51pm On Mar 02, 2023
Kobonaire4:
No, Obi lost the election

He lost it because of two things...he became the Christian and Southern candidate, and secondly and most importantly, he did not focus on the North.

Let's start with the second point. You cannot win an election in Nigeria without getting at least a significant portion of the vote in the Northern part of Nigeria. You cannot. Even Obasanjo knew that...that is why he focused a lot on wooing Northern politicans when he was in power, and even GEJ knew that...that is why he campaigned heavily in the North.

How did Obi do in the North. Badly. Very badly. Note that Tinubu did not win every state in the North, but he did win second place in many states in the North. That gave him at least 25% in many parts of the North...which when it came down to the wire....was very crucial.

When we kept on shouting that LP should get followers in the North, and should do active mobilization, people came and were abusing us to high heavens. Well, see how the poor campaign turned out. At the eleventh hour, the LP state chairmen were already predicting doom and gloom. They knew. Not enough mobilization, nothing.

And then let's be honest. Religion plays a part in Nigerian elections (which is why Tinubu ran to mosque to show face). LP , am sorry to say, made Obi the christian candidate. And they did that by being so abusive, and so insulting to Muslims...note...people whose votes you need....to the point that people thought that Obi did not like muslims. And the LP supporters REFUSED to listen to Obi when he told them to pipe down...they continued. Meanwhile, Muslims have ears and eyes. They heard, they remembered and they came out and voted.....and at the end, we lost a large chunk of votes that could have gotten Obi somewhere....because some jokes think that abusing religion works in an election.

Yeah, call a Muslim boko Haram (the same Boko haram that has killed many of them, and kidnapped their children), and all sorts of abusive languages..in a effing election year, and you expect victory?

(Remember why Buhari lost 3 times? Because in 2001 he came and said that he was going to impose Sharia on all Nigerians. Christians remembered, and never forgot...and it hurt Buhari well well...until 2014 when he woke up and changed strategy).

At the end, any LP supporter that comes and says they won the election , Im sorry, but until the evidence proves it, ye are just talking nansense. (And in this case, if the evidence proves LP won....when all the INEC documents get examined in court...I will be happy to eat my words, as I want APC out completely.) The honest truth is that to win elections in Nigeria, you need to be like MTN and you need to stop abusing people's religion and people's tribes and calm down. And you need to form alliances and stay in a big party.....because if Obi, Kwakwaso and Wike had not been so ego driven, and if Atiku had not been so 'I must be president in my lifetime'...APC would have been losing, and Tinubu would have been screaming that he was cheated out of victory .

Next time, let the opposition run as a united front. And don't attack anyone's religion or tribe for gods sake.

You are very far from reality, even if all the other political parties merged into one against Tinubu, Tinubu would have won based on the rigging mechanism he used, you think any result there is the actual result, it was allocated, how can you win someone who in the end will decide what number of votes he wants the umpire to give you.

LP won the election, PDP came second, APC came third, Tinubu did not come to contest election, he came for vote allocation....
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by DasBeste: 12:52pm On Mar 02, 2023
Yakubu Mahmoud will be remembered as the worst thing to have ever happened to Nigerian Political life.

There is no way he will be able to exonerate his name from that tag.
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by DasBeste: 12:55pm On Mar 02, 2023
Brendaniel:

You are very far from reality, even if all the other political parties merged into one against Tinubu, Tinubu would have won based on the rigging mechanism he used, you think any result there is the actual result, it was allocated, how can you win someone who in the end will decide what number of votes he wants the umpire to give you.

LP won the election, PDP came second, APC came third, Tinubu did not come to contest election, he came for vote allocation....

Exactly.

Common sense will tell you that people will vote against APC because APC didn't do well, in so many areas.

So for APC to still continue in power, after an election that was supposed to be free and fair, is one of new Wonders of the World.
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Ckonnet: 12:56pm On Mar 02, 2023
Infact wike really messed up things, tinubu could have won anyway or atleast there could have been a rerun but wike murdered sleep in broad day light with the useless professors that knows nothing. I have noticed that most Nigerian professors didn't merit or don't even know their roles in the society compare to their counterparts abroad. Even tinubu was so smart not to rig lagos state the way the drunkard did in rivers state but my happiness remains that the game has changed, even wike is hiding his face instead of celebrating his purported victory and bola tinubu and his handlers understands that n are smarter than the urchins they used. Iam having a feeling that they would want to onboard the masses at the mercy of the urchins because they need d support of the masses and the fulani oligarchs are still in shock including atiku,they have been demystified by the masses which cuts across the whole nation. It is still a win win situation brothers and sisters, the new Nigeria must come to pass.
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by njelrapheal: 12:58pm On Mar 02, 2023
Kobonaire4:

He lost it because of two things...he became the Christian and Southern candidate, and secondly and most importantly, he did not focus on the North.

Let's start with the second point. You cannot win an election in Nigeria without getting at least a significant portion of the vote in the Northern part of Nigeria. You cannot. Even Obasanjo knew that...that is why he focused a lot on wooing Northern politicans when he was in power, and even GEJ knew that...that is why he campaigned heavily in the North.

How did Obi do in the North. Badly. Very badly. Note that Tinubu did not win every state in the North, but he did win second place in many states in the North. That gave him at least 25% in many parts of the North...which when it came down to the wire....was very crucial.

When we kept on shouting that LP should get followers in the North, and should do active mobilization, people came and were abusing us to high heavens. Well, see how the poor campaign turned out. At the eleventh hour, the LP state chairmen were already predicting doom and gloom. They knew. Not enough mobilization, nothing.

And then let's be honest. Religion plays a part in Nigerian elections (which is why Tinubu ran to mosque to show face). LP , am sorry to say, made Obi the christian candidate. And they did that by being so abusive, and so insulting to Muslims...note...people whose votes you need....to the point that people thought that Obi did not like muslims. And the LP supporters REFUSED to listen to Obi when he told them to pipe down...they continued. Meanwhile, Muslims have ears and eyes. They heard, they remembered and they came out and voted.....and at the end, we lost a large chunk of votes that could have gotten Obi somewhere....because some jokes think that abusing religion works in an election.

Yeah, call a Muslim boko Haram (the same Boko haram that has killed many of them, and kidnapped their children), and all sorts of abusive languages..in a effing election year, and you expect victory?

(Remember why Buhari lost 3 times? Because in 2001 he came and said that he was going to impose Sharia on all Nigerians. Christians remembered, and never forgot...and it hurt Buhari well well...until 2014 when he woke up and changed strategy).

At the end, any LP supporter that comes and says they won the election , Im sorry, but until the evidence proves it, ye are just talking nansense. (And in this case, if the evidence proves LP won....when all the INEC documents get examined in court...I will be happy to eat my words, as I want APC out completely.) The honest truth is that to win elections in Nigeria, you need to be like MTN and you need to stop abusing people's religion and people's tribes and calm down. And you need to form alliances and stay in a big party.....because if Obi, Kwakwaso and Wike had not been so ego driven, and if Atiku had not been so 'I must be president in my lifetime'...APC would have been losing, and Tinubu would have been screaming that he was cheated out of victory .

Next time, let the opposition run as a united front. And don't attack anyone's religion or tribe for gods sake.

Obi did well in the north. We all know this but it was rigged
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Neoteny7: 12:59pm On Mar 02, 2023
Disregard any writings by any Igboe on this election matter.

They're still reeling from the pains of abject failure, to no one's surprise.

How any Igboe thinks Nigerians in the north would vote for Nyamiri baffles me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 02, 2023
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Toseenjay: 1:00pm On Mar 02, 2023
Am sick and tired of the mindset of people from eastern part of this country,keep playing politics the way you are doing hoping other regions will give u presidency on a platter of gold.assuming obi was announced the winner the election is free and fair to them.

2 Likes

Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Ckonnet: 1:03pm On Mar 02, 2023
Safyqueen:

Una get long way to go.

Stop deceiving yourself, the fulanis are in shock with what played out, the indigenous people are no longer playing the northern politics anymore and that's why obi won two states up there n did significantly well also. The possibility of tinubu winning was higher than the others but wike n his co travellers messed up the rigging. I did predict a run off which could have been the best outcome of the election. Even the fake 12million votes were no where to be found.
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 02, 2023
Brendaniel:

No, at the risk of sounding abusive, you are very far from reality.

You don't have actual proof that LP actually won the election. You are just projecting the fact that most of your friends and where you live voted for LP and thus they must have won. You are also believing that a party without prescence in most parts of the North and the Middle Belt, whose own state chairmen were screaming about the fact that nothing had been done to mobilize voters weeks to the eelction...won.

Nigeria is not like your neighborhood, it is a very diverse country, and not everyone thinks like you and your pals do.

(And yes, living in an LP majority area where most people voted for LP...I have to remind myself about that repeatedly)

(In 1972, an American journalist could not believe that Nixon won the elections for that year...because she lived in the only state where most people voted for his opponent. Again in America, most people living in say New York did not believe that Trump won...and most people lliving in Middle America did not believe that Biden won in 2016 and 2020 respectively).

Until you have hard evidence, and until the evidence stands up in court, LP came third. And the sad thing is that LP votes combined with PDP and NNPP votes would have won the election if they were one party, as they were before Obi and Kwankwaso decided to defect.

The thing is, while it is wonderful how Obi did without structre, even then, you still need the kind of structure PDP and APC have to win elections (which is why they are first and second).

Finally, harping on Muslim muslim ticket of APC was not very wise, and infact alienated a lot of voters. Abusing anyone's religion in Nigeria is not a good way to win elections

Better accept reality. (At least, you have Obi. People like me who have been perepetually dissapointed with all the main candidates and main parties since the 2003 elections on the other hand don't have that luxury. God knows I believed that APC would be thrown out, but at the end, the divisions in the opposition hampered efforts, and here we are. God help us)

2 Likes

Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Agromuda(m): 1:06pm On Mar 02, 2023
Beautiful nonsense is what you have here. The fact that the election outcome doesn't favor your candidate doesn't mean it is the worst ever. I agreed there are few flaws as no election is perfect all over the world. As old as you claim, Read about Prof. Maurice Iwu and compare INEC under him and that of Mahmood

1 Like

Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by olumide4christ: 1:07pm On Mar 02, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Wow!
This is such a down to earth write up. I had to read through to the end.

All you have written buttresses all we have been telling them all along but they refused to listen. I as a Christian noted that Peter Obi visiting all the churches where he had never visited in his lifetime just because he was now a presidential candidate was selling his candidacy as a Christian candidate, and not a national candidate.

For me, I knew that it wasn't the right thing for him to do and was going to adversely affect him at the polls. After all, Peter Obi wasn't the 1st Christian candidate to contest for president in this country. Goodluck Jonathan and Obasanjo were both Christians but they never frolicked with the church during campaign the way Peter Obi did.

I just hope Labour party and Obidients will learn from the facts you have stated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by liasmiram2567: 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2023
Sacrednes:
go and check people bearing Mahmood lives.
No be better person dey Bear Mahmood na.
He has put million Nigeria into jopardy and nature won't be kind to him

You are a fool.If yo don't have anything tangible to say so it is the name that is your problem.

1 Like

Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by membranus: 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2023
shantti:

With rigging bah
Imagine my enugu where no one voted for APC yet we saw 1400 votes for tinubu in the result.

Pls don't sound daft, tinubu didn't win logically

How can you be sure that no one voted for Tinubu in Enugu?

Are there no Yorubas or other tribes living in Enugu who would vote for Tinubu? Moreover only 1400 people voted for him in the whole Enugu metropolis, and you are still bitter about this insignificant votes when thousands voted for your tribesmen.

What a terrible mindset you people have.

Truly time is ripe for this nation to separate.
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Brendaniel: 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2023
Kobonaire4:

No, at the risk of sounding abusive, you are very far from reality.

You don't have actual proof that LP actually won the election. You are just projecting the fact that most of your friends and where you live voted for LP and thus they must have won. You are also believing that a party without prescence in most parts of the North and the Middle Belt, whose own state chairmen were screaming about the fact that nothing had been done to mobilize voters weeks to the eelction...won.

Nigeria is not like your neighborhood, it is a very diverse country, and not everyone thinks like you and your pals do.

(And yes, living in an LP majority area where most people voted for LP...I have to remind myself about that repeatedly)

(In 1972, an American journalist could not believe that Nixon won the elections for that year...because she lived in the only state where most people voted for his opponent. Again in America, most people living in say New York did not believe that Trump won...and most people lliving in Middle America did not believe that Biden won in 2016 and 2020 respectively).

Until you have hard evidence, and until the evidence stands up in court, LP came third. And the sad thing is that LP votes combined with PDP and NNPP votes would have won the election if they were one party, as they were before Obi and Kwankwaso decided to defect.

The thing is, while it is wonderful how Obi did without structre, even then, you still need the kind of structure PDP and APC have to win elections (which is why they are first and second).

Finally, harping on Muslim muslim ticket of APC was not very wise, and infact alienated a lot of voters. Abusing anyone's religion in Nigeria is not a good way to win elections

Better accept reality. (At least, you have Obi. People like me who have been perepetually dissapointed with all the main candidates and main parties since the 2003 elections on the other hand don't have that luxury. God knows I believed that APC would be thrown out, but at the end, the divisions in the opposition hampered efforts, and here we are. God help us)

All these one is just grammar and history, Tinubu allocated every party's result, simple and plain, so it not about the number of parties involved, Tinubu had declared himself winner even before the election started...
Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 02, 2023
njelrapheal:

Obi did well in the north. We all know this but it was rigged

No he did not. He did not because most Northerners do not know who he is, and most of them do not know whose party is, and because LP only has offices in the capitals and not in the rural areas where voting matters, and because most Northerners are muslims and were annoyed by the attacks on their relgioon by LP partisans.

Thus the vote was split between PDP and APC as expected. LP did well in Plateau and even nearly took Benue, and also won Nassarawa and the FCT. But that was all they could do.

(Even Nassarawa was won because the Karu-Nyanya-Keffi axis is essentially part of the FCT. Suleja LGA was won in Niger state for the same reason)

At the end LP should have been hard at work in the North. They were not.

Nigeria is far more diverse than your neighbourhood where everyone voted LP.

(

1 Like

Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 02, 2023
Brendaniel:

All these one is just grammar and history, Tinubu allocated every party's result, simple and plain, so it not about the number of parties involved, Tinubu had declared himself winner even before the election started...

Well, I doubt that Tinubu while allocating results , forgot all about Osun and Lagos then cheesy

(Apart from Rivers, the results reflect the reality on ground).

You people should get ready for 2027. The damage has been done. We lost because we were divided into three parties, when we should have been running as one party.

1 Like

Re: Now That INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, Has Done His Worst By Ikechukwu Amaechi by Sacrednes: 1:12pm On Mar 02, 2023
Another Mahmood spotted
This one low budget Mahmood 😂 😂
liasmiram2567:

You are a fool.If yo don't have anything tangible to say so it is the name that is your problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Is Critically Ill And Has Been Flown Out Of The Country? / Ohakim And Okorocha At Iwuanyanwu's Child Dedication (Photo) / Nnamdi Kanu Shares Picture Proof Of Buhari Being Cloned To Jubril

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.