Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie (45181 Views)

Professor Ijeoma Uchegbu Elected Cambridge University College's 7th President / Nigerian, Oyin Olukotun, Graduates With First Class From Cambridge University / Malcom Ebose, Best Graduating Student Of His Class From Cambridge University UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by illuminutty: 9:06am On Mar 03, 2023
Roboto11:

Retained presidency, the lower and upper house.

Narrowly retained and the retainership is quite shaky at the moment with the mountain of evidence against the stolen mandate. No wonder no APC big wig is celebrating the fraud of a victory.
Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by Taiggarr: 9:07am On Mar 03, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Hudeyen and Rinu

Mr Macaroni, Falz

Psquare

Banky W

You guys berated ;
Abiola MKO,
Tinubu,
Fela dynasty
Pa Adeboye
Adefarasin
Father Mbaka

A Generation of youngsters without proper upbringing..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by Roboto11: 9:08am On Mar 03, 2023
AK481:

Who do you think is Deborah ogunoiki?

You will not be looking well enough if you didn't feel the hate the writer used to do this .
The main character they are trying to rope is David and by further extension peter obi.

Dey play

Oh,you found a Yoruba name.

Congratulations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by Taiggarr: 9:09am On Mar 03, 2023
DesChyko:
I don't know who convinced this OP that something like this will stop Labour Party's bid to reclaim the citizens' stolen mandate 😁.

If you were not blinded by hate, you'd have taken note of when IPOB called Nwelue out for not being a professor eons ago. It's new to you now because you're looking for some dirt on Hundeyin (or some tribal juice to use against the Igbos. Good luck with that 😌)

Labour Party can't reclaim ANYTHING!

NOBOBY IS RECLAIMING ANYTHING..

Do you reclaim what you NEVER had in the first place?

You kids have alot to learn..

What a NONCOGNITIVE Generation.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by Roboto11: 9:09am On Mar 03, 2023
illuminutty:

Narrowly retained and the retainership is quite shaky at the moment with the mountain of evidence against the stolen mandate. No wonder no APC big wig is celebrating the fraud of a victory.

I'm sure you said stolen mandate in 2019.

Suffer no dey tire you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by roluye: 9:10am On Mar 03, 2023
Gobengroup:
Good...
Everybody is now dissociating themselves from losers... cheesy

With the level of free information online, on google, Twitter, etc, one would think that Nigerian youths will do a little research to authenticate this sort of story.

This is a false story to tarnish the image of the guy. Cambridge did not dissociate itself from him. Simple research! Oh yea Nigerian youths, we can do better.

Ordinary validation on David’s Twitter timeline would have put this to bed.
Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by Taiggarr: 9:10am On Mar 03, 2023
Flame333:
Greetings from the admin of failure

May this pain go on in you and cause your demise like that of your dad's..
Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by kambili999(f): 9:12am On Mar 03, 2023
OnyeOgboni:
Hmm..sounds like afonja media propaganda as usual..but let me check fess.
I already checked. It's very untrue. Go on Twitter and see everything. Naira land is clearly biased and great at peddling untrue and incomplete information

1 Like

Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by roluye: 9:12am On Mar 03, 2023
Dapagun:

https://cherwell.org/2023/03/02/onyeka-nwelue/

Falsehood is either spread by those who were paid to tarnish other people’s image, or those who are simply ignorant and unable to carry out thorough research before jumping on falsehood. Where you fall, I know not.
Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by BJanta: 9:14am On Mar 03, 2023
Have you all not noticed that Peter Obi is no longer using his ' Dr ' title again? He blacked out on this when campaign proper started because it's a fake PHD degree. But this incident has brought it to the fore now.

4 Likes

Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by roluye: 9:15am On Mar 03, 2023
ShaqFu:
Ah ah. Na WA oh. Imagine David Hundeyin with all his self righteousness and holier than thou attitude.

I've often maintained that most Nigerians who insult politicians, do so out of the fact that they're not eating or benefitting directly from the politician...

Not everybody jumps on false stories without authenticating such stories. Seems you’ve been looking for an opportunity to group everybody together. You can do better, not everyone is like you.
Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by Magnoliaa(f): 9:16am On Mar 03, 2023
ShaqFu:
Ah ah. Na WA oh. Imagine David Hundeyin with all his self righteousness and holier than thou attitude.

I would actually expect higher institutions of Oxford's and Cambridge's calibre to have done due diligence on background and character before carrying their visiting academic status to give to "disreputable" people like David and Onyeka.

But.

It's like nobody can always be right and careful...

1 Like

Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by roluye: 9:18am On Mar 03, 2023
othermen:
When you look at his records on google scholar, you would have a little premonition.

While anybody can get their articles on google scholar, users or consumers that know their onions are as well concerned about the publisher or journal.

Is it indexed in Thomson-Reuters or Scopus or Scimago or another recognized index? What you find is that his publication is an offshoot of his own fictional book and little invested in academic rigor.

But then he has the charisma of a dogged Cornel West. He could have been more successful than Philip Emeagwali.

He presented himself as such and accrued benefits by such associations. He was invited to other institutions on the basis of such associations and he allowed himself to be so identified. He got the honorary doctorate as a result of these misleading associations. How no Nigeria scholar could look a little within as to his credibility is actually not ridiculous. It is even the aspiration of the genuine local scholar to get a reference from him.

But he was smart, he was no Moses Ochonu, or Farooq Kperogi or another in diaspora that had a critical opinion on ASUU. But his association with David is just one of those anti-climax movements. That association is perhaps his most prominent hamartia. He was trying to win the space and gain more influence on the back of David. He also associated with Linda Ikeji, but David is the one that has smart detractors: he is a popular fellow who has given a fight to the BBC and accused it, to such extent, to destroy its reputation. Oxford providing their platform for him, legitimizes such accusations, and the smart fellows David Hundeyin has crossed by his manner of journalism are much interested in his disastrous end. David didn’t lose out from this. Onyeka did. He perhaps lost all; folks would now review his books and find misogynistic nonsense and plagiarism and incompetence. He is not a film maker on the level of Mr Macaroni, but by his association in the past, there were those who’d considered it an honor to work with him, now he has lost that too, and all his credibility. And his reputable name will be associated with fraud. Don’t build on sinking sands.

I hope he gets all the supports he can get from those around him. And that those who used him as a ladder, do not genuinely abandon him. He can get a genuine doctorate degree and earn himself a genuine comeback in 2-3 years from now.

Also, he shouldn’t have had an opinion too on who was the better singer between Seun Kuti and one of the P Square brothers. Without earning David enemies, the dissatisfied lots from such a decision, could have as well get interested in ruining his reputation. Even if Farooq is not careful, the dissatisfied lots can find a post, where he subtly endorsed the Quran and infer he endorsed child marriage and women as subordinates. Thus, he is careful too. Or do you think Farooq can talk about homosexuality as haram or have an opinion that is traditionally from his place of origin or his religion, without getting the kick? That’s just one of the prices to pay.

Onyeka’s claim to authority was in Africa studies, a white person evaluating his methodology or reviewing his credentials would be less critical in their comments, else they are racist lots. At least as a future yahoo boy, trying to become the next Philip Emeagwali or Onyeka you learn the lesson in how to navigate their world through an intellectual endeavor. Don’t do the sciences where you can be easily disproved or rebuffed. Do an African related course, be an authority on the people of Sambisa, no one would question you that much, especially abroad.

In the end, he is a different Yahoo Boy.

How do you feel after writing all this and finding out the story was false. Why do we jump on bandwagon gists to tarnish those who are truly working hard to make Nigeria a better country. The time it took to write all this, you could have spared few minutes to validate the false story. We have a very long way to go Nigerian youths.
Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by Magnoliaa(f): 9:20am On Mar 03, 2023
Omoooo.

I am not holding brief for David, but this Cherwell students' publication is owned by Oxford...why was the headline reported as if it came from Cambridge?

And it was both Oxford and Cambridge disassociating themselves, according to the publication.

Should one not even see at least an official disclaimer from any of those institutions regarding something of this magnitude?

1 Like

Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by illuminutty: 9:21am On Mar 03, 2023
Roboto11:

I'm sure you said stolen mandate in 2019.

Suffer no dey tire you?

I voted for Buhari in 2015 & 2019. Have always been a traditional APC voter until the drug trafficker hijacked the primary and rigged out Star Boy PYO. You think Obi would have seen 25% in SE, SS and everywhere if Osinbanjo was on the ballot?

Dey play!
Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by mrvictor: 9:22am On Mar 03, 2023
El rufai trying all he can but to no avail.

1 Like

Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by NEIGHBOUR(m): 9:22am On Mar 03, 2023
[quote author=othermen post=121427746]When you look at his records on google scholar, you would have a little premonition.

While anybody can get their articles on google scholar, users or consumers that know their onions are as well concerned about the publisher or journal.

Is it indexed in Thomson-Reuters or Scopus or Scimago or another recognized index? What you find is that his publication is an offshoot of his own fictional book and little invested in academic rigor.

But then he has the charisma of a dogged Cornel West. He could have been more successful than Philip Emeagwali.

He presented himself as such and accrued benefits by such associations. He was invited to other institutions on the basis of such associations and he allowed himself to be so identified. He got the honorary doctorate as a result of these misleading associations. How no Nigeria scholar could look a little within as to his credibility is actually not ridiculous. It is even the aspiration of the genuine local scholar to get a reference from him.

But he was smart, he was no Moses Ochonu, or Farooq Kperogi or another in diaspora that had a critical opinion on ASUU. But his association with David is just one of those anti-climax movements. That association is perhaps his most prominent hamartia. He was trying to win the space and gain more influence on the back of David. He also associated with Linda Ikeji, but David is the one that has smart detractors: he is a popular fellow who has given a fight to the BBC and accused it, to such extent, to destroy its reputation. Oxford providing their platform for him, legitimizes such accusations, and the smart fellows David Hundeyin has crossed by his manner of journalism are much interested in his disastrous end. David didn’t lose out from this. Onyeka did. He perhaps lost all; folks would now review his books and find misogynistic nonsense and plagiarism and incompetence. He is not a film maker on the level of Mr Macaroni, but by his association in the past, there were those who’d considered it an honor to work with him, now he has lost that too, and all his credibility. And his reputable name will be associated with fraud. Don’t build on sinking sands.

I hope he gets all the supports he can get from those around him. And that those who used him as a ladder, do not genuinely abandon him. He can get a genuine doctorate degree and earn himself a genuine comeback in 2-3 years from now.

Also, he shouldn’t have had an opinion too on who was the better singer between Seun Kuti and one of the P Square brothers. Without earning David enemies, the dissatisfied lots from such a decision, could have as well get interested in ruining his reputation. Even if Farooq is not careful, the dissatisfied lots can find a post, where he subtly endorsed the Quran and infer he endorsed child marriage and women as subordinates. Thus, he is careful too. Or do you think Farooq can talk about homosexuality as haram or have an opinion that is traditionally from his place of origin or his religion, without getting the kick? That’s just one of the prices to pay.

I just finished reading this write up the third time!!! The writer is indeed a literary critique! A beautiful piece!! You made my day. Only Pro Jeyifo could move me this way. Kudos.
Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by GloriousGbola: 9:22am On Mar 03, 2023
Magnoliaa:
Omoooo.

I am not holding brief for David, but this Cherwell students' publication is owned by Oxford...why was the headline reported as if it came from Cambridge?

And it was both Oxford and Cambridge disassociating themselves, according to the publication.

Should one not even see at least an official disclaimer from any of those institutions regarding something of this magnitude?

Hundeyin replied with the implication that women who were of a fair complexion, tall and had long legs would not face hurdles to their career advancement in journalism.”

This is an excerpt from the other article/thread
I thought of you immediately I saw it

1 Like

Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by mmsen: 9:23am On Mar 03, 2023
You Africans get too comfortable in a strange place and don't understand that it is not your home, that they have their own bizarre rules and beliefs.

No 1. - You cannot tell the truth about women in the western world.
Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by roluye: 9:24am On Mar 03, 2023
Magnoliaa:
Omoooo.

Go online and validate for yourself. Don’t jump on bandwagon gists.

1 Like

Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by Magnoliaa(f): 9:24am On Mar 03, 2023
GloriousGbola:
This is an excerpt from the other article/thread
I thought of you immediately I saw it

Sorry, did you quote me by mistake?
Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by Roboto11: 9:26am On Mar 03, 2023
illuminutty:

I voted for Buhari in 2015 & 2019. Have always been a traditional APC voter until the drug trafficker hijacked the primary and rigged out Star Boy PYO. You think Obi would have seen 25% in SE, SS and everywhere if Osinbanjo was on the ballot?

Dey play!

Story.

Rigged out PYO how?
Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by GloriousGbola: 9:28am On Mar 03, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Sorry, did you quote me by mistake?

No.

I thought of you immediately. David hundeyin is obviously a chauvinist and misogynist - but he has also been a hero of the obidient movement dropping expose after expose on the yellow teeth drug baron.

A lot of people are going to have to make a choice in the coming days.
Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by LeopardX: 9:30am On Mar 03, 2023
StPete:
Page proudly sponsored by El Rufai the terrorist targeted at smearing the image of Hundeyin. Visit Hundeyins twitter page and read the true story of things
Wow. So El-Rufai reach to bribe Oxford and Cambridge Universities.
I never knew that that short man is this powerful. 😏
Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by DesChyko: 9:30am On Mar 03, 2023
Taiggarr:

Labour Party can't reclaim ANYTHING!

NOBOBY IS RECLAIMING ANYTHING..

Do you reclaim what you NEVER had in the first place?

You kids have alot to learn..

What a NONCOGNITIVE Generation.

For one who is so confident, you are venting a lot. One would wonder who is truly speaking from a place of confidence. 😌
Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by StPete: 9:33am On Mar 03, 2023
LeopardX:

Wow. So El-Rufai reach to bribe Oxford and Cambridge Universities.
I never knew that that short man is this powerful. 😏

When you make unsolicited donations, scholarships and all what not to an organization, certain individuals in that organization get carried away by such gestures. Same way, the INEC chairman was financially induced to truncate the election

1 Like

Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by like1: 9:33am On Mar 03, 2023
othermen:
When you look at his records on google scholar, you would have a little premonition.

Onyeka’s claim to authority was in Africa studies, a white person evaluating his methodology or reviewing his credentials would be less critical in their comments, else they are racist lots. At least as a future yahoo boy, trying to become the next Philip Emeagwali or Onyeka you learn the lesson in how to navigate their world through an intellectual endeavor. Don’t do the sciences where you can be easily disproved or rebuffed. Do an African related course, be an authority on the people of Sambisa, no one would question you that much, especially abroad.

In the end, he is a different Yahoo Boy.

Nice advice.

I think his problem is what Igbo people call "agwu". He is smart but "agwu" won't allow him be great. He can be likened to SpeedDarlington in the entertainment scenes, just that the later is very true to himself.

Could you believe he never completed any bachelor's degree programme he was involved in. He has no ordinary bachelor's degree. Shocking right? He wants academic fame so bad but he is not patient at all to follow the prerequisite 'ropes'.

1 Like

Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by Taiggarr: 9:34am On Mar 03, 2023
DesChyko:

For one who is so confident, you are venting a lot. One would wonder who is truly speaking from a place of confidence. 😌

You are a kid..and you don't UNDERSTAND!

Keep ranting online..

You were DESTINED to do that for the next 8years..
Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by DesChyko: 9:34am On Mar 03, 2023
membranus:

Is David Hundeyin an Igbo man? And just because he is an Obi supporter, he should not be called out if he associates himself with a fraudulent literacist ?

Are you now linking the LP political movement to the IPOB separatist agenda, since you are talking as though both are being victimised by the writer for having an Igbo root?

Are you now saying because Nwelue is an Igbo man, we should all keep mum about his literary frauds?

I can see that you're very angry. I hope the cause is not 'four people tweeting in a room'? If that is the case, I'm so sorry about that and I hope you get well soon.

My main concern though is the meaning of literacist. Can you help a willing learner?
Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by J2381: 9:35am On Mar 03, 2023
Skty:

You didn't read or understand the write up, obviously. Urchin n uneducated
you who did, it'll be a waste of time telling you to explain what you read because your head is obviously full of stones. Fool.
Re: Cambridge University Disassociates Itself From David Hundeyin, Onyeka Nwelie by DesChyko: 9:36am On Mar 03, 2023
Taiggarr:

You are a kid..and you don't UNDERSTAND!

Keep ranting online..

You were DESTINED to do that for the next 8years..

Another outburst of anger. So much for being confident😁

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Some Grammatical Blunders To Avoid / Aisha Balarabe Bawa's Thesis Plagiarized By Amos Ngaruiya, A Kenyan Lecturer / Five FUTA Students Beat A Female Student For 'Running Her Mouth'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.