Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,554 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

What Does The Devil Look Like? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Devil Look Like? (21411 Views)

Why Has Jesus Christ Always Been Made To Look Like A White Man? / Why Do People Blame The Devil Or Others For Their Errors? / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Enemyofpeace: 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2023
Mannabbqgrils on my mind
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by richmanrichard: 4:24pm On Mar 05, 2023
IGBOSON1:

Specifically, Brad Pitt! shocked
grin
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by ismodiwa(m): 4:48pm On Mar 05, 2023
Don't do good, go to hell and find out.
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by FireUpNow(m): 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2023
The devil looks like our wicked evil leaders and all the bad people in Nigeria
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by liveyourlife007(m): 5:27pm On Mar 05, 2023
Aemmyjah:

This bloke is still in the kindergarten level of scriptures
Many churches have studied the context of the Isaiah and seen that it refers, not to Satan but a dirge to the proud Babylonian kings

So Lucifer is a Babylonian king. You are the fool here
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by PoliteActivist: 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Just as Moses WAS God! Exodus 7:1

You are still on this blasphemy of equating Prophet Moses with Lord Jesus. Meaning I wasted my time in all I "taught" you in the long discussion we had about this.
Did Moses ever say he'd hear anyone's prayers?
Did Moses ever forgive anyone's sins or tell anyone his sins are forgiven? (Same thing)
Did Moses ever accept anyone's worship?
Did Moses ever say he'd come into anyone's heart?
Moses died like any man and was "gathered to his fathers". Was this the case with Lord Jesus?
Please stop comparing a human being to God incarnate
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by MrBroke(m): 6:30pm On Mar 05, 2023
What you have been told to belive or imagine
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:45pm On Mar 05, 2023
liveyourlife007:

So Lucifer is a Babylonian king. You are the fool here

This one that does not know what a Bible contains is pouring out foolishness
Wetin u smoke?
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by liveyourlife007(m): 6:47pm On Mar 05, 2023
Aemmyjah:

This one that does not know what a Bible contains is pouring out foolishness
Wetin u smoke?
mumu. You that knows what the bible contains is here spilling trash
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by FisifunKododada: 6:59pm On Mar 05, 2023
Look at the kind of stupid low IQ questions Africans are asking in 2023?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:10pm On Mar 05, 2023
liveyourlife007:

mumu. You that knows what the bible contains is here spilling trash

Who is Lucifer?
Describe him using the scriptures
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2023
He's beautiful and powerless. That's all you need to know.
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by NovusHomo(m): 7:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
Jokanem:
What Does the Devil Look Like?

The Devil is an invisible spirit person, which means that he does not have a physical appearance.—Ephesians 6:11, 12.

How does the Bible describe the Devil?

The Bible uses a number of analogies regarding the Devil. These help us to understand, not his appearance, but his personality. Some of these analogies include:

An angel of light. He pretends to offer something good to try to get people to follow his teachings rather than those of God.—2 Corinthians 11:14.

A roaring lion. He fiercely attacks God’s worshippers.—1 Peter 5:8.

A great dragon. He is frightful, powerful, and destructive.—Revelation 12:9.

Bible verses about the Devil
2 Corinthians 11:14: “Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light.”

Meaning: Satan pretends to be good in order to fool people into following his teachings rather than those of God.

Ephesians 6:11: “Put on the complete suit of armor from God so that you may be able to stand firm against the crafty acts of the Devil.”

Meaning: The Devil schemes to get people to disobey God.

James 4:7: “Subject yourselves to God; but oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you.”

Meaning: A person can defeat Satan by obeying God rather than the Devil.

1 Peter 5:8: “Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.”

Meaning: The Devil hates those who obey God and wants to destroy their friendship with Him.

He looks exactly like you. grin grin grin
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Tzarina(f): 8:04pm On Mar 05, 2023
Like APC.
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:24pm On Mar 05, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You are still on this blasphemy of equating Prophet Moses with Lord Jesus. Meaning I wasted my time in all I "taught" you in the long discussion we had about this.
Did Moses ever say he'd hear anyone's prayers?
Did Moses ever forgive anyone's sins or tell anyone his sins are forgiven? (Same thing)
Did Moses ever accept anyone's worship?
Did Moses ever say he'd come into anyone's heart?
Moses died like any man and was "gathered to his fathers". Was this the case with Lord Jesus?
Please stop comparing a human being to God incarnate

Even apostles Peter compared Jesus to Moses {Act 3:22; Deuteronomy 18:18} so i will rather believe what the Bible teach than your dogmatic credulity.
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by PoliteActivist: 8:37pm On Mar 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Even apostles Peter compared Jesus to Moses {Act 3:22; Deuteronomy 18:18} so i will rather believe what the Bible teach than your dogmatic credulity.

How does the below refer to Lord Jesus?? Was Jesus a warrior like Moses? Did he lead a nation? Was he wealthy? Did he marry and have children? Did he ever kill anyone?
Think for yourself sometimes, don't just parrot something because it is the (flawed) doctrine of JW

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by liveyourlife007(m): 8:38pm On Mar 05, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Who is Lucifer?
Describe him using the scriptures

1. Lucifer is your father
2. John 8:44

Jara on top: verse 45
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by ninety5: 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2023
Jokanem:
What Does the Devil Look Like?

The Devil is an invisible spirit person, which means that he does not have a physical appearance.—Ephesians 6:11, 12.

How does the Bible describe the Devil?

The Bible uses a number of analogies regarding the Devil. These help us to understand, not his appearance, but his personality. Some of these analogies include:

An angel of light. He pretends to offer something good to try to get people to follow his teachings rather than those of God.—2 Corinthians 11:14.

A roaring lion. He fiercely attacks God’s worshippers.—1 Peter 5:8.

A great dragon. He is frightful, powerful, and destructive.—Revelation 12:9.

Bible verses about the Devil
2 Corinthians 11:14: “Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light.”

Meaning: Satan pretends to be good in order to fool people into following his teachings rather than those of God.

Ephesians 6:11: “Put on the complete suit of armor from God so that you may be able to stand firm against the crafty acts of the Devil.”

Meaning: The Devil schemes to get people to disobey God.

James 4:7: “Subject yourselves to God; but oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you.”

Meaning: A person can defeat Satan by obeying God rather than the Devil.

1 Peter 5:8: “Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.”

Meaning: The Devil hates those who obey God and wants to destroy their friendship with Him.
He looks like jesus wrapped in white.
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2023
PoliteActivist:

How does the below refer to Lord Jesus?? Was Jesus a warrior like Moses? Did he lead a nation? Was he wealthy? Did he marry and have children? Did he ever kill anyone?
Think for yourself sometimes, don't just parrot something because it is the (flawed) doctrine of JW

Glory be to the true God that you quoted what is written in those verses.

Perhaps you don't know that Peter was talking about Jesus and Moses in that verse:

“Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, so that seasons of refreshing may come from Jehovah himself and he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus. Heaven must hold this one within itself until the times of restoration of all things of which God spoke through the mouth of his holy prophets of old. In fact, Moses said: ‘Jehovah your God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet like me. You must listen to whatever he tells you. Indeed, anyone who does not listen to that Prophet will be completely destroyed from among the people.’ Act 3:19-23

Compare to:

I will raise up for them from the midst of their brothers a prophet like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him. Indeed, I will require an account from the man who will not listen to my words that he will speak in my name. Deuteronomy 18:18-19

It's God's word that compared Jesus to Moses not me so now you're free to argue with your Bible. smiley
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by fortunechy(m): 11:03pm On Mar 05, 2023
Don't need to look far.... Devil live in our midst, they have branches Al over the state and also in Aso rock.... The devil is APC members and their supporters...
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by PoliteActivist: 11:27pm On Mar 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Glory be to the true God that you quoted what is written in those verses.

Perhaps you don't know that Peter was talking about Jesus and Moses in that verse:

“Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, so that seasons of refreshing may come from Jehovah himself and he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus. Heaven must hold this one within itself until the times of restoration of all things of which God spoke through the mouth of his holy prophets of old. In fact, Moses said: ‘Jehovah your God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet like me. You must listen to whatever he tells you. Indeed, anyone who does not listen to that Prophet will be completely destroyed from among the people.’ Act 3:19-23

Compare to:

I will raise up for them from the midst of their brothers a prophet like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him. Indeed, I will require an account from the man who will not listen to my words that he will speak in my name. Deuteronomy 18:18-19

It's God's word that compared Jesus to Moses not me so now you're free to argue with your Bible. smiley

Read the below carefully (John 1).
Lord Jesus was the Messiah, God incarnate, definitely NOT the prophet Moses said would be like him and "raised up" (not born) from "amongst your brethren"

The second is Luke 9. They told Jesus people were saying he was Elijah or the Prophet. Peter got it right - that he was neither, rather that he was the Messiah.
Notice all the things that were foretold the Messiah must go through? Moses nor anyone else never said the prophet would go through any of that.

BOTTOM LINE
Lord Jesus was God incarnate while Moses was merely a man like you are, albeit a great prophet!

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Dshocker(m): 12:17am On Mar 06, 2023
Rumor has it that Lucifer is so handsome that no woman on earth can resist his charm...
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by PoliteActivist: 12:57am On Mar 06, 2023
Dshocker:
Rumor has it that Lucifer is so handsome that no woman on earth can resist his charm...
MaxInDHouse

See below. Lucifer does not refer to the Devil or Satan

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by buzorcharles(m): 4:49am On Mar 06, 2023
The devil looks like yakubu mahmud
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by JasonScoolari: 7:11am On Mar 06, 2023
LexngtonSteele:

My prostitute mother cried all night with that her recklessly bleached face because you didn't furck her. grin

Oh really?

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:12am On Mar 06, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Read the below carefully (John 1).
Lord Jesus was the Messiah, God incarnate, definitely NOT the prophet Moses said would be like him and "raised up" (not born) from "amongst your brethren" The second is Luke 9. They told Jesus people were saying he was Elijah or the Prophet. Peter got it right - that he was neither, rather that he was the Messiah.
Notice all the things that were foretold the Messiah must go through? Moses nor anyone else never said the prophet would go through any of that.
BOTTOM LINE
Lord Jesus was God incarnate while Moses was merely a man like you are, albeit a great prophet!

Since you have quoted what Peter said about Jesus and Moses {Act 3:20-23; Deuteronomy 18:18-19} your argument is lost.

Jesus was born long before the creation of heaven and earth {Proverbs 8:22-31} while Moses was born much later but both of them are God's servant so talking about servants of God SENT to mankind Jesus and Moses were like Gods in the midst of their contemporaries. Exodus 7:1; John 1:1

Here is the difference!

Moses WAS sent to established a covenant between the God of Abraham and the nation of Israel so whoever wants to become a worshiper of the God of Abraham back then must obey the laws God gave that nation through Moses. You must serve that God through the levitical priesthood, you can't offer any sacrifice to the God of Abraham if you don't want to have anything to do with the Levites. So you must worship that God through them.

Jesus is the one sent to establish another covenant with the nation of Israel so that if anyone wants to worship that God you must follow what Jesus taught the Israelites which they will bring to you. Unlike Moses's mission that worshipers must travel to Israel where the Tabernacle or Temple was built before you can offer any sacrifice to the God of Abraham Jesus' mission opened the way for anyone to offer sacrifice to God from any part of the earth without being present in Israel physically.

The point of emphasis here is there is only one true God neither Moses nor Jesus is that God both of them were servants of the God of Abraham, God only granted them the power to perform great miraculous works like Gods in their lifetime.
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by LexngtonSteele: 7:12am On Mar 06, 2023
JasonScoolari:

JasonScoolari to his useless homosexual father and his spermbank wh0re mother
My prostitute mother cried all night with that her recklessly bleached face because you didn't furck her. grin

Oh really?

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by JasonScoolari: 7:15am On Mar 06, 2023
LexngtonSteele:
My mother is dying to get your dick, she is craving so much for it. Since my stupid father died, you have been the one furcking my prostitute mother and I appreciate it sir.

Alright, my dog will handle her next. grin
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by LexngtonSteele: 7:15am On Mar 06, 2023
JasonScoolari:

JasonScoolari to his useless homosexual father and his spermbank wh0re mother
My mother is dying to get your dick, she is craving so much for it. Since my stupid father died, you have been the one furcking my prostitute mother and I appreciate it sir.

Alright, my dog will handle her next. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Catholic Bishop Of Nsukka Onah Singing Kizz Daniel's Song 'Cough' (Video) / Pastor Enenche And Wife Visit UATH, Donate Food, Medical Items / Rev Akua Ofori-Boateng Sings Teni’s Song “Case” Inside The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.