Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,150 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality (13581 Views)

Woman Who 'married' An AI Chatbot Is Open To Finding Love In The Real World / How My Friend Wasted His ₦1.2M Life Savings Within 3 Months In Port Harcourt / Kazakhstani Bodybuilder Who Married Two Sex Dolls Is Now Open To Dating Humans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by LikeAking: 11:46pm On Mar 04, 2023
Gandy04:
The first two to three months of Nigerians getting abroad is always like;

"ohh my God, see 24hrs light, Nigeria failed us" most even forget they pay $300 for utility bills every month. LoL

"See road. Ohh my God, there's no road and fine cars in Nigeria, we all trek on mud"

"Mehn, see fine fine oyinbo, I'll Marry like 2 oyinbo for here and get papers within two years" only to later realized this is only but illusion as most Nigerian guys are ugly and might not be good enough to even get dates.

"Damn. See how much my salary is wen I convert it to naira. Now, I'm earning more than a bank manager in Nigeria" Only to later realized that 60% of this money will go to taxes and bills. Nigerians at home will also bill them

"Take pictures every day to pepper ignorant Nigerians at home" only to get tired after two months when reality knock

That was me when I paid $350 for light in February

Add yours

Stop complaining... At least u dey see money that's the most important thing..

Some guys for this country no dey see any shishi...

You can also rent and live together with people to reduce ya bill... Indians do it a lot..

E go beta.

Me wey dey here, I broke and frustrate die... Been thinking about getting crack..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by Smartguyboy(m): 11:52pm On Mar 04, 2023
Gandy04:

Not true o. I still get money after paying my bills o. Because I work. Though I do 3 different shift every day

Anybody doing more than one job over there is struggling.

9 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by OgaTheTop2: 11:57pm On Mar 04, 2023
Slynation:
I just weak, I have so many relatives, friends and family scattered all around Europe, they are all doing very well, they have houses, hotels and fillings stations around different states in Nigeria, one of them just did his house opening in Anambra state last year December (ulo digodi confirm) this was someone struggling to make end meets in Nigeria 5years ago...!!

My childhood friend (A medical doctor) who left last year September is swearing to me that his coming back is just to get married and go back there, that's a country where everything is working, and by the time I'm done with my engagement here in Nigeria, I dey move asap...!!

People will go through the back doors or after committing one or two crimes and gets deported, they begin to discourage genuine people to live and die in Nigeria...
Right. I am even about completing students hostel in a university town in the SW. Next project is a fine hotel building budgeted at 250m. Shey na naija go ginger me to achieve that? I have NEVER regretted moving abroad.cheesy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by OgaTheTop2: 12:06am On Mar 05, 2023
Gandy04:

Not true o. I still get money after paying my bills o. Because I work. Though I do 3 different shift every day
Three different shifts is even too much in yankee. You get a non-exempt good job with overtime pay, then u good to go. Work weekly 40 hours full-time and then another 68hrs overtime in same company. Imagine your pay in two weeks.

5 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 05, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Anybody doing more than one job over there is struggling.

Not true tho. A man must not be lazy. We'll have rest one day I hope

1 Like

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by Fatfool69: 12:20am On Mar 05, 2023
Slynation:
I just weak, I have so many relatives, friends and family scattered all around Europe, they are all doing very well, they have houses, hotels and fillings stations around different states in Nigeria, one of them just did his house opening in Anambra state last year December (ulo digodi confirm) this was someone struggling to make end meets in Nigeria 5years ago...!!

My childhood friend (A medical doctor) who left last year September is swearing to me that his coming back is just to get married and go back there, that's a country where everything is working, and by the time I'm done with my engagement here in Nigeria, I dey move asap...!!

People will go through the back doors or after committing one or two crimes and gets deported, they begin to discourage genuine people to live and die in Nigeria...

Stopped reading at 'they are ALL doing well' lmao... You are delusional

1 Like

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by irumole1975: 12:25am On Mar 05, 2023
Fatfool69:

Stopped reading at 'they are ALL doing well' lmao... You are delusional

Seriously, I've stopped reading the hype of these guys abroad because they're making some of us feel less achieved. One was talking about a project of #250M completed in Nigeria and I don't even know if na this same abroad I dey with them too. I been here in this abroad and I can't even boast of $10k USD. It's well Sha. I just hope they're not lying with all these things they're saying

16 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by MelesZanawi: 1:04am On Mar 05, 2023
Gandy04:

When Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, I guess he forgot you.

15 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by MelesZanawi: 1:05am On Mar 05, 2023
Slynation:

Anything Anambra, my hand no dey.

Most of them abroad are criminals.

10 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by Smartguyboy(m): 1:10am On Mar 05, 2023
Gandy04:

Not true tho. A man must not be lazy. We'll have rest one day I hope
So you mean people doing one job are lazy ?
Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by Smartguyboy(m): 1:13am On Mar 05, 2023
irumole1975:

Seriously, I've stopped reading the hype of these guys abroad because they're making some of us feel less achieved. One was talking about a project of #250M completed in Nigeria and I don't even know if na this same abroad I dey with them too. I been here in this abroad and I can't even boast of $10k USD. It's well Sha. I just hope they're not lying with all these things they're saying
Don’t let them deceive you bro
They are all doing illegal jobs to make such money 💴

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by Sirqt5(m): 1:56am On Mar 05, 2023
irumole1975:

brother, u r in Nigeria . easy on the lies , abegi ahn ahn . Wetin u dey gain pretending u dey obodo oyinbo when u dey Nigeria ? nairaladers wee not injure person wiv laughter

irumole1975:
America is a land of the sane no matter how you paint it. People there don't sin. I can sell my soul to be there. Once you're in America, your life is better automatically. Imagine living in a country where u don't have to work. Just breath and government pay you. The salary of a cleaner in the USA is better than what a senator in Nigeria take home.

Nothing is.more glorifying than abroad. Even if it means enslaving, it's worth it

I've been able to save over 150k for my relocation purpose. I'll get to the US and start making million of dollars

9 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by fykes(m): 1:56am On Mar 05, 2023
irumole1975:

What are you doing that you can't save up $10k ??
In 8 months in UK I saved up £10k without pressure.
Abi you no know road? Or you dey count buses for road?
Better ask questions and stop discouraging people.

Someone said he spent £600 on gas and electricity...LIAR. even in a 6months you can't spend that amount at all.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by Sirqt5(m): 2:01am On Mar 05, 2023
fykes:

Someone said he spent £600 on gas and electricity...LIAR. even in a 6months you can't spend that amount at all.
u dey mind him . somebody wey dey Naija dey form all over Nairaland come say him dey abroad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by fykes(m): 2:05am On Mar 05, 2023
Sirqt5:
u dey mind him . somebody wey dey Naija dey form all over Nairaland come say him dey abroad
At at now... With all the cost of living crises, living in central London...
Dual fuel is still 20p /litre.

1 Like

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by Nobody: 2:15am On Mar 05, 2023
Smartguyboy:

So you mean people doing one job are lazy ?

No, but I won't be able to pay my bills here if I don't. Or do you want them to chase me out into the cold?

1 Like

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by Smartguyboy(m): 2:26am On Mar 05, 2023
Gandy04:

No, but I won't be able to pay my bills here if I don't. Or do you want them to chase me out into the cold?
I understand bro 😎 una Dey try sha
I have a friend in Germany 🇩🇪 working 10 hours a day no time to rest also a study.
Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by OgaTheTop2: 2:29am On Mar 05, 2023
irumole1975:

Irumole cheesy, you are a very mischievous person. Go back and read my post very well. Because of my post you even open a thread. You have low self-esteem. undecided

6 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by OgaTheTop2: 2:31am On Mar 05, 2023
Sirqt5:
brother, u r in Nigeria . easy on the lies , abegi ahn ahn . Wetin u dey gain pretending u dey obodo oyinbo when u dey Nigeria ? nairaladers wee not injure person wiv laughter

The Irumole even dey naija? Na wa o. He come dey put mouth for ' we' wey dey obodo land cheesy

10 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by OgaTheTop2: 2:34am On Mar 05, 2023
irumole1975:
America is a land of the sane no matter how you paint it. People there don't sin. I can sell my soul to be there. Once you're in America, your life is better automatically. Imagine living in a country where u don't have to work. Just breath and government pay you. The salary of a cleaner in the USA is better than what a senator in Nigeria take home.

Nothing is.more glorifying than abroad. Even if it means enslaving, it's worth it

I've been able to save over 150k for my relocation purpose. I'll get to the US and start making million of dollars
See your life?...and you dey make jest of someone who's been making money in US. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by OgaTheTop2: 2:38am On Mar 05, 2023
irumole1975:
CC TheGoodAmerican, Gerrard59, 1stGenAmerican, come here o . Is this guy lying or saying the truth

How person go pay $357 for electricity
If you don't know something you ask. Depending on usage and the weather, I pay average of $410 to Nationalgrid monthly. undecided

2 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by OgaTheTop2: 2:44am On Mar 05, 2023
fykes:

You dey mind him?

Gas bill differs, I pay average $410 monthly depending on usage and winter weather.

1 Like

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by Sirqt5(m): 3:09am On Mar 05, 2023
OgaTheTop2:
The Irumole even dey naija? Na wa o. He come dey put mouth for ' we' wey dey obodo land cheesy
bro, i wish i knew . see another one of his posts grin

irumole1975:
A particular moderator on nairaland travel thread is beefing me simply because I'm doing better than him. Days ago, I shared about my desires to travel to Canada. And because of jealousy, I was blocked from posting there.

Since I clocked 37years last year, I've been thinking seriously about my life. It then dawned on me that I have to leave this Nigeria for good. Many opportunities abound abroad. And I don't need to work before I become a millionaire over there And start my own company. Ordinarily, I admire the white people. Because they don't sin, lie, not corrupt and they're the most sane individual on earth. If given chance, I can eat poo so far it's from white people.

However, I don't have the means to travel out and I'm hoping a white man adopt me from Nigeria and take me abroad. I'll start working and giving him my salary. I can also sell my properties to relocate, but my friends advised against this.

3 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by OgaTheTop2: 3:19am On Mar 05, 2023
Sirqt5:
bro, i wish i knew . see another one of his posts grin

He is simply ignorant. He wants to travel abroad and be making millions while sleeping cheesy

2 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by AndSunGorilla: 3:59am On Mar 05, 2023
TheGoodAmerican:
I live in a brand new/newly-built condo and I do not pay that much at all for hydro (electricity). I live alone, though. Perhaps he has people living with him who are consuming electricity anyhow, or maybe he's using it anyhow. February only has 28 days too, so no reason why he should have paid that much.
Have you considered if he's using electric heaters or electric baseboard heaters? Also costs vary from one location to another.

2 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by Cocao(f): 4:03am On Mar 05, 2023
irumole1975:
CC TheGoodAmerican, Gerrard59, 1stGenAmerican, come here o . Is this guy lying or saying the truth

How person go pay $357 for electricity

He's absolutely saying the truth! Personally, I cannot relate to that heat and electric bill because it is included in my rent and I do not take it for granted, especially during the winter months.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by jedisco(m): 4:17am On Mar 05, 2023
MelesZanawi:

Anything Anambra, my hand no dey.

Most of them abroad are criminals.

You are an ethnic jingoist.
should be ashamed of yourself

14 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by SavageResponse(m): 6:03am On Mar 05, 2023
IamtheTruth1:

Make envy no kill. Dey Nigeria dey pray make your own G run low on cash.

What?! shocked

Read to understand before to jump to conclusions. I did not in anyway imply I was praying for him to run low on cash

Why would I even be envious of him, if you must know I contributed N6 million towards his POF. (I don't do this on a commercial basis so please no one should contact me to ask me to lend him money for POF)

Guy I own a business that is thriving here and
can afford anything I want so why would I want to relocate? grin
Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by 1Sharon(f): 6:10am On Mar 05, 2023
fykes:
I stopped reading when I saw "naija guys are ugly and don't get dates...

No need going further

He's right.

1 Like

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by Vinnie2000(m): 6:13am On Mar 05, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
People are making what you make in your three different jobs monthly in a day. Most abroad guys are very stingy, it shows things are not easy over there.

The Entitlement Mentality, particularly of you Nigerian Girls is TERRIBLE. undecided

4 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by Nobody: 6:16am On Mar 05, 2023
Vinnie2000:

The Entitlement Mentality, particularly of you Nigerian Girls is TERRIBLE. undecided

Humans are generally entitled and it isn’t out of place for a woman to demand that her man spends on her same way men demands loyalty and are free to have specs. Na for only woman side una dy See entitlement
Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eyes Open To Reality by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 05, 2023
Gandy04:
The first two to three months of Nigerians getting abroad is always like;

"ohh my God, see 24hrs light, Nigeria failed us" most even forget they pay $300 for utility bills every month. LoL

"See road. Ohh my God, there's no road and fine cars in Nigeria, we all trek on mud"

"Mehn, see fine fine oyinbo, I'll Marry like 2 oyinbo for here and get papers within two years" only to later realized this is only but illusion as most Nigerian guys are ugly and might not be good enough to even get dates.

"Damn. See how much my salary is wen I convert it to naira. Now, I'm earning more than a bank manager in Nigeria" Only to later realized that 60% of this money will go to taxes and bills. Nigerians at home will also bill them

"Take pictures every day to pepper ignorant Nigerians at home" only to get tired after two months when reality knock

That was me when I paid $350 for light in February

Add yours
bros come back instead of whining like a b!tch

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Awesome Things You Should Know About Vagina (EXPLICIT PICTURES. GUYS Keep Off) / Difference Btw Nigerian Girl And Indian Girls / Meet The Youngest Mother Ever At Age 5.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.