Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? (18913 Views)

Which Position Do You Prefer To Sit In The Church? / Zambian Prophet Removing A Lady's Pant In Church In Front Of Congregation (Photo / Is It A Sin To Drop Empty Envelope In Offering Box? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by AntiChristian: 10:04am On Mar 05, 2023
highoctane:

After your menstruation do you observe purification ceremony as stipulated in the law of Moses?
One of the most Sabbath laws keeper Saul known in Christianity as Paul abandoned it without an second thought so shall you. Read Galatians 1:13-17. At Bible book of Romans 10vs 4 it is equivocally stated " For Christ is the end of the law... And in Collosians chapter 2 verse 16 " Therefore , do not let anyone judge you about what you eat or drink, or about the observance of festival or of new moon or of Sabbath"
Anyone who still observe the law of Moses, must observe it to the letter no minus, perhaps or minus.

Yeah we do purification ritual but don't know if it's similar!

Didn't Jesus say he didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill them in Matthew?
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by Mpanyi: 10:05am On Mar 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
All of your churches beginning with the Catholic mother church do exactly that. All of your pastors, mogs, prophets, popes, priests, bishops, etc., are all implicated. So I do hope you realize you haven't removed the Boulder sticking out from your eye in this. undecided

Implicated in what exactly?
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by boxer022(m): 10:09am On Mar 05, 2023
Leviticus 15 vs 19 - 28 explains what you are talking about, since you say you attend our church, it should be very easy for you to understand. My best advice for you is to seek medical attention to stop the menstrual bleeding, after the bleeding must have stopped, you have to stay extra 1 week without going to church or any church gatherings.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by ifihearam: 10:10am On Mar 05, 2023
"`When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening. "`Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean.

Levitucus 15.19-33

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by ENGBOS(m): 10:11am On Mar 05, 2023
If you know you can't follow the rules why are you in the church,celestial is a church filled with holy spirit these are the sacrifices that must made to keep abounding,if you don't keep rules you let the spirit leave the church,all rules have a reason

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by jessylaurel(f): 10:13am On Mar 05, 2023
omolola100:
Good evening my brothers and sisters
There is something I still don't understand and I need a clear and better explanation.

I attend a white garment church and the doctrine does not allow us to sit with the congregation because of the stain, there is a place packaged for us to sit and the corner of the church....
The issue right now is that my menstruation started last week Sunday and I don't know why it hasn't stop till this present moment.
I'm just thinking if I should go to church tomorrow because I don't want to sit at the corner of the church tomorrow because people might be suspicious something is wrong with me.
I haven't seen anything about this in the scripture, I just want to know if it's a sin to sit with the congregation while on period...

That's absurd.
So the whole congregation will know that you're menstruating because of a useless doctrine. Stay at home and pray.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by advocatejare(m): 10:14am On Mar 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

Didn't Jesus say he didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill them in Matthew?

But muhammad used to recite your so called “holy Quran “ while putting his head on the laps of a menstruating woman

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by AntiChristian: 10:16am On Mar 05, 2023
advocatejare:

But muhammad used to recited your so called “holy Quran “ while putting his head on the laps of a menstruating woman

That shows we can do same!
He's not the one menstruating!

Unlike the harsh laws for menstruating women in the OT.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by SuperSupremo(m): 10:17am On Mar 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
Na Muslims you dey copy?
Every righteous move in Christianity or Judaism is like Islam.....that was the true religion from day 1 Adam was created....people loves to manipulate words of God for their selfish gains and that's why we have Christianity and Judaism etc etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by AntiChristian: 10:19am On Mar 05, 2023
SuperSupremo:
Every righteous move in Christianity or Judaism is like Islam.....that was the true religion from day 1 Adam was created....people loves to manipulate words of God for their selfish gains and that's why we have Christianity and Judaism etc etc

I absolutely agree!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by advocatejare(m): 10:20am On Mar 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

That shows we can do same!
He's not the one menstruating!

Unlike the harsh laws for menstruating women in the OT.
If Menstruation is impure, why was your prophet reciting the Quran while putting his head on the lap of a menstruating woman

Sunan Ibn Majah 634
It was narrated that 'Aishah said:
"The Messenger of Allah used to put his head in my lap when I was menstruating and recite Qur'an."

Why are your menstruating women forbidden from praying and holding the Quran ?
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by AntiChristian: 10:27am On Mar 05, 2023
advocatejare:

If Menstruation is impure, why was your prophet reciting the Quran while putting his head on the lap of a menstruating woman

Sunan Ibn Majah 634
"The Messenger of Allah used to put his head in my lap when I was menstruating and recite Qur'an."

It's the grace given to them at that time.
The law is for the menstruating woman not his husband!
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by Loverboi2cute(m): 10:27am On Mar 05, 2023
everything na sin 4 una .., una no get sisters??
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by advocatejare(m): 10:28am On Mar 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

Sunan Ibn Majah 634

Answer my questions
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by geoworldedu: 10:30am On Mar 05, 2023
Sucre6:

Unless you paid God for he air you breathe, if not for this act of blasphemy you committed knowing would cause u everlasting torment, it's not late to confess the lord four God and turn a new leaf
Even God cannot exist without you and I talking about him. We make God to exist.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by highoctane: 10:31am On Mar 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

Christ Jesus is the end of the law, Christians now obey the law of Christ, a superior law based on principles not that written on tablet of codes or decrees
The over 610 laws of Moses served as our guardian to Christ in whom the wisdom and treasure the Almighty God abound. Read Galatians 3:23-25.( the faith ( Christ Jesus) the Guardian ( the law of Moses)
For example the law of Moses stipulated that if a woman who is not married gets pregnant, the elders of Israel will led her to the city gate and pelt her with stones until she died. I don't have to quote this law, you re already aware of it.
Then Read the law of Christ in 1st Corinthians 5:9-13, take note of verse 13 which is applied to unrepentant sinners
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by faceLAGOS: 10:33am On Mar 05, 2023
*hisses & walks out of thread.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by prizeless(m): 10:34am On Mar 05, 2023
Very nonsense question
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by molas02: 10:36am On Mar 05, 2023
That is the practice of old testament. The white garment church has adopt that doctrine for ages. I think they should allow grace to overtake those nonsense
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by BRATISLAVA: 10:37am On Mar 05, 2023
omolola100:
Good evening my brothers and sisters
There is something I still don't understand and I need a clear and better explanation.

I attend a white garment church and the doctrine does not allow us to sit with the congregation because of the stain, there is a place packaged for us to sit and the corner of the church....
The issue right now is that my menstruation started last week Sunday and I don't know why it hasn't stop till this present moment.
I'm just thinking if I should go to church tomorrow because I don't want to sit at the corner of the church tomorrow because people might be suspicious something is wrong with me.
I haven't seen anything about this in the scripture, I just want to know if it's a sin to sit with the congregation while on period...

Sitting in a corner is like an engraving on your forehead that you're menstruating. Is the place a sex orgy temple or a brothel that people who your menstruation doesn't concern need to know? Is it to signal to them that you're not ready to copulate with them or what? Unless that's the arrangement, why do you need to sit apart? Why do the men there need to know?

Religion is the enemy of women.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by Henz81: 10:39am On Mar 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
All of your churches beginning with the Catholic mother church do exactly that. All of your pastors, mogs, prophets, popes, priests, bishops, etc., are all implicated. So I do hope you realize you haven't removed the Boulder sticking out from your eye in this. undecided
Trash
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by AntiChristian: 10:39am On Mar 05, 2023
highoctane:

Christ Jesus is the end of the law, Christians now obey the law of Christ, a superior law based on principles not that written on tablet of codes or decrees
The over 610 laws of Moses served as our guardian to Christ in whom the wisdom and treasure the Almighty God abound. Read Galatians 3:23-25.( the faith ( Christ Jesus) the Guardian ( the law of Moses)
For example the law of Moses stipulated that if a woman who is not married gets pregnant, the elders of Israel will led her to the city gate and pelt her with stones until she died. I don't have to quote this law, you re already aware of it.
Then Read the law of Christ in 1st Corinthians 5:9-13, take note of verse 13 which is applied to unrepentant sinners

So in essence Jesus lied in Matthew! Paul is then right abi?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by onyioyeezah(f): 10:41am On Mar 05, 2023
Fruugal123:

Buy PayPal Funds For 550 Naira Per $.... You Can sell your PayPal for $545(Best Rate) to us.

You can also let us handle your online payment like eBay, walmart and Aliexpress with PayPal.

Our order starts from $12 to $2k

We offer you the best rate with less than 10 mins payment after confirmation
if you'll send first, I'm interested
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by porthouse7(f): 10:50am On Mar 05, 2023
Even female pastor dey carry menstruation enter preach, no Muslim forbidden be that no christian
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by advocatejare(m): 10:52am On Mar 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

It's the grace given to them at that time.
The law is for the menstruating woman not his husband!

You lied that it’s a grace given to them that time, what of now?

Can a Muslim menstruating woman observe salat and hold the Quran today?

Are Muslim menstruating women not instructed to observe ritualistic bath after menstruation to cure them of the uncleanliness?
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by Streett: 10:53am On Mar 05, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
What are you still doing in such a church? Most white garment churches, if not all, practice spiritism, diabolism, mysticism and use Bible to cover their Satanic activities.

If the flow continues for more than 10days, then go the hospital or pharmacy, they will give you a drug for it, that is if it's not a spiritual attack from your white garment church.

Calm down! ..Witch still dey press press You for Night shey You know?
You wake up begin run tongue anyhow, You wan add more Loop holes for Your body to WELCOME more HOST ba ..??

…Why aimlessly ignorantly dabbling into what You have no understanding of … Belittling People’s Religion , Tribe & way of Life Jus to make Yours Look Warm & welcoming?

Is this what Your own Christian Life is all about? Judging and talking down on others? ..

You reek of sheer HYPOCRISY, shame on You ..
Go fix Your Life , Nairaland won’t validate Your existence..

Heartburn dey slowly kill You , try find solution for that wan…
And You never even start self, E go still enter Spontaneous Heart Palpitations, Lung & Spleen burn If You no fix Your dunce mentality towards Life in General.

Respect folks Religion, Tribe & way of Life…. It doesn’t make Yours look bad , E no jus hard

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by Madups(m): 10:54am On Mar 05, 2023
In this 2023? The earlier you stop attending that church, the better for you.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by ogbongenet: 10:56am On Mar 05, 2023
TechCapon:
Yes, it is a very big sin. When a woman is unclean, the Bible says that she should isolate herself from the congregation.

"`When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening. "`Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean. - Leviticus 15: 19-33
Several times while going through Leviticus, I’ve brought up the obvious point that the things we look at in this book are almost completely spiritual in nature. It must be so because what was forbidden under the Law of Moses is not even mentioned in the New Covenant.

Our verses today are a classic example of this. What is considered unclean and impure in a woman under the law is not only not mentioned by the New Testament writers, it is not even hinted at. If these things could truly make us unclean, then they would have certainly been repeated in order to keep people out of the church during the times when they are occurring.

Further, the ending verses of today tie being cleansed from them into the holiness of the Lord, and the very life of the people who are considered unclean by them. If these truly defiled a person, the Holy Spirit would never have come to dwell among the people. Men with discharges or emissions would cause the Spirit to depart. Women with periods would as well. But the Bible says we are sealed with the Spirit as a guarantee. It is a one-time-for-all-time thing.

Further, there is no distinction between males and females in this regard. All are sealed when one comes to Christ. This then shows us the stupidity of adhering to only chosen and carefully selected parts of the Law of Moses.

No church, even the most legalistic of them all, abides by what is given in these passages. If they did, it would prove to them that the Spirit was not among them, and could not be among them. But the same people act as if pork would defile them and keep the Spirit at bay. Likewise, they think that not observing a Sabbath would do the same. If you can see the idiocy of picking and choosing one’s path to salvation, instead of simply relying on Christ who is the fulfillment of all of these types and pictures, then you are in the sweet spot. Legalism of all types is as poisonous to the body as is an attitude that we have full license to sin because of Christ.

https://superiorword.org/leviticus-15-19-33-discharging-discharges-part-ii/

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by dododawa1: 11:02am On Mar 05, 2023
How did female footballer copy during menstruation.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by Oshin56(m): 11:07am On Mar 05, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
What are you still doing in such a church? Most white garment churches, if not all, practice spiritism, diabolism, mysticism and use Bible to cover their Satanic activities.

If the flow continues for more than 10days, then go the hospital or pharmacy, they will give you a drug for it, that is if it's not a spiritual attack from your white garment church.

continue to say what you don't know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 Types Of Churchgoers / Coronavirus: Anglican Church Stops Communion From One Cup / The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.