Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? (18918 Views)

Which Position Do You Prefer To Sit In The Church? / Zambian Prophet Removing A Lady's Pant In Church In Front Of Congregation (Photo / Is It A Sin To Drop Empty Envelope In Offering Box? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by highoctane: 11:11am On Mar 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

So in essence Jesus lied in Matthew! Paul is then right abi?
Obey the law of Christ. Moses the custodian of the law says for God shall raise a prophet more than him, any who did not obey the prophet will be destroyed.
I know that Apostle Paul's letters stays a horror to Sabbath laws keeping adherents.
Get some education based on logical reasoning and coherency
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by MrSensor(m): 11:12am On Mar 05, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
What are you still doing in such a church? Most white garment churches, if not all, practice spiritism, diabolism, mysticism and use Bible to cover their Satanic activities.

If the flow continues for more than 10days, then go the hospital or pharmacy, they will give you a drug for it, that is if it's not a spiritual attack from your white garment church.

Leviticus 15: 19-20 or you can read the whole chapter

But I can see that you will still remain idi0t even after reading.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by femtex007(m): 11:21am On Mar 05, 2023
This is not supposed to come here. Ask your elders in the church for direction and guides. But can also discuss with them if there is anything u want them to add or remove. Halleluyah ma
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by jahsharon: 11:23am On Mar 05, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
What are you still doing in such a church? Most white garment churches, if not all, practice spiritism, diabolism, mysticism and use Bible to cover their Satanic activities.

If the flow continues for more than 10days, then go the hospital or pharmacy, they will give you a drug for it, that is if it's not a spiritual attack from your white garment church.

I need to see your medical certificate of mental fitness because you don't sound mentally stable
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by jahsharon: 11:23am On Mar 05, 2023
Money05:
Ori gbogbo yin ti daru grin grin
Which kind topic b this?
U for go sit for garage
Religion no go kee person

E be like say you don dey vex.

E ma binu ma
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:24am On Mar 05, 2023
omolola100:
Good evening my brothers and sisters
There is something I still don't understand and I need a clear and better explanation.

I attend a white garment church and the doctrine does not allow us to sit with the congregation because of the stain, there is a place packaged for us to sit and the corner of the church....
The issue right now is that my menstruation started last week Sunday and I don't know why it hasn't stop till this present moment.
I'm just thinking if I should go to church tomorrow because I don't want to sit at the corner of the church tomorrow because people might be suspicious something is wrong with me.
I haven't seen anything about this in the scripture, I just want to know if it's a sin to sit with the congregation while on period...

Its an old testament rule. Most christian churches not practice it because it is a law on ritual purity which is abolished by Christ's death

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 11:24am On Mar 05, 2023
LilMissFavvy:

And roboscrobodo bagabalablublu is what?I

The sooner Africans wake up to the scans of Christianity and Islam the better
The only good thing about Islam is the 4 wife policy
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 11:25am On Mar 05, 2023
Ubenedictus:

Its an old testament rule. Most christian churches not practice it because it is a law on ritual purity which is abolished by Christ's death
Tithing is what?

Who exactly designated it as "Old"
On What date?

Do you know?
Have you ever asked those questions or researched them?
Or they don't matter?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by bobbyjude(m): 11:25am On Mar 05, 2023
LilMissFavvy:

If the flow continues for more than 10days, then go the hospital or pharmacy, they will give you a drug for it, that is if it's not a spiritual attack from your white garment church. Hypocrite like you and in Pentecostal churches they dont practice diabolism? Or catholic that uphold same sex marriage......
Every body has their doctrine in their separate churches so uphold to it if u want to be there...

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by Hushpuppies(m): 11:26am On Mar 05, 2023
LilMissFavvy:

Chai
I'm speechless. Gaskia.... You said it all
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by AdeoyeAdefemi: 11:27am On Mar 05, 2023
omolola100:
There is something I still don't understand and I need a clear and better explanation.

I attend a white garment church and the doctrine does not allow us to sit with the congregation because of the stain, there is a place packaged for us to sit and the corner of the church....
The issue right now is that my menstruation started last week Sunday and I don't know why it hasn't stop till this present moment.
I'm just thinking if I should go to church tomorrow because I don't want to sit at the corner of the church tomorrow because people might be suspicious something is wrong with me.
I haven't seen anything about this in the scripture, I just want to know if it's a sin to sit with the congregation while on period...

Hallelujah.

Every church has it own doctrine and I believe you must have been briefed before joining the church. If you think you cant follow the church doctrine, I suggest you look for another church that doesn't have that's kind of doctrine.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by Mayeldah(m): 11:28am On Mar 05, 2023
TechCapon:
Yes, it is a very big sin. When a woman is unclean, the Bible says that she should isolate herself from the congregation.

"`When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening. "`Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean. - Leviticus 15: 19-33

It is not a sin bro. Stop picking laws from the old testament to tie your members down.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by tete7000(m): 11:41am On Mar 05, 2023
omolola100:

Your question should be directed to the elders of the church that made the rule. According to my own church, no one knows when anyone is doing her menstruation, it is nobody business.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 11:52am On Mar 05, 2023
Mayeldah:

It is not a sin bro. Stop picking laws from the old testament to tie your members down.
Who designated it "Old"
When ? On What date
Tithing is from the so called old testament
Thou shalt not kill is from the same place

So was Jehovah confused when he said
God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind.
was Jesus confused when he said
Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 11:56am On Mar 05, 2023
Ubenedictus:

Do you have any scripture to substantiate this?
Jesus himself said he has not come to abolish the law

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by Lastpharoah33: 12:01pm On Mar 05, 2023
Bigjoyce:

If it is Celestial church of Christ,then it is our doctrine as female members of CCC worldwide to remain at home while on menstruation,the grace of God is sufficient for us during this period,so don't make the church unclean,when you have not even stopped, you'll still have to give your self some extra days after the flow to ensure that you are completely clean before going to the church with clean clothes that will not be touched by you because you're still unclean,and then with your candle and sponge and soap, you'll be prayed for and then you bathe and become clean and be able to worship in the congregation of celestians......me I'm not going to church because I'm on and the flow increased because I was robbed and heavily assaulted last week on my way from work.Still recuperating though,God of SBJ oshoffa bless you sis.

So sorry about your that.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by BigDick70inch(m): 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2023
geoworldedu:
Yes. Mary was in her period when the Holy Spirit first lusted after her. Women in their menstrual periods entice the Holy Spirit a lot. He rapes them immediately after their periods.

Fo.ol.....
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2023
Simple question for the men
Are you circumcised ?
Why?
Have You circumcised your sons?
Why?
Reality many of you are just follow follow
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by egunna(m): 12:06pm On Mar 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If you don't start now working towards getting your brain back from the doctrines and traditions of men — religion— you will likely not get it back ever again! Mind you, God never gave men religion to follow. So, you will never find God asking any man to follow religion in scripture. undecided
islam is different pls,it is ckearly and expressly stated that God has chosen islam for we Muslims.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by GboyegaD(m): 12:07pm On Mar 05, 2023
omolola100:

This was the practice when female hygienic products were not so advanced. Provided you can tidy yourself properly, please go to church and sit in the congregation.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by Blue86(m): 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2023
My sister, I know Leviticus 15 : 19 - 23 is quoted to back up that you shouldn't enter the assembly.

But I have a good news for you.

According to Lev. 15: 19 - 23 , your church is very guilty and they have all sinned.
Because in that chapter, nothing was talked about congregation due to menstruation.

But let's highlight what they aimed at concerning menstruation

1. Whoever touches her will be unclean till evening.
Whoever ( the father, the mother, sisters, brothers, children, husband, dog, nephew)

2.Everything she lies on shall be unclean.
Everything she lies on such as couch at home, mat at home or friends house.

3. Everything she sits upon.
Ranging from the stool you used to do make up before coming to church.
From the chair you sat on outside.
The car seat you sat on.
The chairs in your house.

4. And anyone who touches what has touched her will be unclean.
From your siblings or relatives to the driver and fellow church sister are deemed unclean.

So you see, all that sit outside stuff is trash.
It doesn't hold water.
It didn't obey Leviticus.

But there is one testament, a new one, with new ordinances that is different from the old.
The New Testament in Christ that do not care if you are menstruating or not.
But allows you to enter the church and worship, and even prophesy, sealing you with His Holy Spirit.

Or did the Holy Spirit leave inside you because you began menstruating, and returned back when it stopped.
Abi, poopoo wey dey inside u with micro bacteria wey dey crawl for your body dey clean?

Will you enter church and fellowship with your creator wey die for you?
omolola100:

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 12:13pm On Mar 05, 2023
Blue86:
My sister, I know Leviticus 15 : 19 - 23 is quoted to back up that you shouldn't enter the assembly.

But I have a good news for you.

According to Lev. 15: 19 - 23 , your church is very guilty and they have all sinned.
Because in that chapter, nothing was talked about congregation due to menstruation.

But let's highlight what they aimed at concerning menstruation

1. Whoever touches her will be unclean till evening.
Whoever ( the father, the mother, sisters, brothers, children, husband, dog, nephew)

2.Everything she lies on shall be unclean.
Everything she lies on such as couch at home, mat at home or friends house.

3. Everything she sits upon.
Ranging from the stool you used to do make up before coming to church.
From the chair you sat on outside.
The car seat you sat on.
The chairs in your house.

4. And anyone who touches what has touched her will be unclean.
From your siblings or relatives to the driver and fellow church sister are deemed unclean.

So you see, all that sit outside stuff is trash.
It doesn't hold water.
It didn't obey Leviticus.

But there is one testament, a new one, with new ordinances that is different from the old.
The New Testament in Christ that do not care if you are menstruating or not.
But allows you to enter the church and worship, and even prophesy, sealing you with His Holy Spirit.

Or did the Holy Spirit leave inside you because you began menstruating, and returned back when it stopped.
Abi, poopoo wey dey inside u with micro bacteria wey dey crawl for your body dey clean?

Will you enter church and fellowship with your creator wey die for you?
Are you circumcised? Why?
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by UgoFly: 12:16pm On Mar 05, 2023
omolola100:

Peace be to you my dear sister. Your church must be Community of Yahweh (Sabbath) cos they are the people that strictly adhere to Jewish customs/Mosaic laws. The only difference is that they believe in Jesus or so they claim. However, you must know that Jesus is love. He came on earth to show us grace that supersedes law. This your question was answered when the woman with the issue of blood touched his garment and obtained healing. Under the Jewish customs, she was ceremonially unclean. This means she was not supposed to even be in a gathering of people or even come near the "ultra clean" Jesus. Imagine the shock on people's face when a woman of such nature even got close enough to touch a Rabbi and instead of the Rabbi to rebuke her, He praised her for her faith. Jesus Christ has called us to His love and wants a personal relationship with us deviod of religious sentiments and laws. He would never keep you apart cos of your menstrual flow. If a woman with a flow for 12 years i.e 12 years of being unclean in the sight of men could be described as having a powerful faith in God and got her miracle then nothing should stop you from holding on to Jesus Christ. Nobody should make you feel less of yourself. Christ loves you.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by Isabi4lov: 12:16pm On Mar 05, 2023
That's your church doctrine and you ought to know better than non members of your church .

Religion no go kee us for Africa undecided
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by handsomeyitayo(m): 12:17pm On Mar 05, 2023
LilMissFavvy:

you are wrong my sister, am nit supporting them.. but you will tell your church pastor is not diabolical. You have been brainwashed by so called pastor abi... have you done your research ? Confirm something first when you headed this that.. white garments churches are pure and holy if not for the bad infiltration among the shepherds..the use old testament to practice , it is not diabolical, candles and palm fronds represent things in white garment church, candles different colors means different things for prayers..foul eggs and coconut use for prayers..

Eggs represent enemies, candles rep light ... When they want to subdue enemies they use eggs and pray over it and smash it ...

The use of sponges and local soaps means they use it to wages away bad omen ..

Where is diabolical there? Don't put curse on your head, many Pentecostal pastors do visit the so called white garments churches .. and they will keep preaching against them. Because many of you lack knowledge.

Yes we have bad white garments churches, but don't generalize them..I have been to churches apart from white garments churches,

Many hypocrites abd foolish worshipers , pretenders.. I mean Pentecostal churches ..

Business oriented churches ...eye service too much..I only follow my heart ...and serve God on my own.. so research before judging.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
I want to hear from these so called Christians
Why are you circumcised? Why do you circumcise your children?
Simple answer

You don't know
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by Blue86(m): 12:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
1 Corinthians 7 : 19
Galatians 5 : 6
Galatians 6 : 15
0monnak0da:

Are you circumcised? Why?
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by cejaypriesty(m): 12:22pm On Mar 05, 2023
omolola100:

Go to a church where the word of God is preached in truth. A woman on her flow is not allowed in the congregation in the old testament because they are regarded as unclean but Jesus has made us clean by his blood so you are free to worship whether on flow or not it doesn't matter anymore .So kindly leave that church and Go to a bible believing Church.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2023
Blue86:
1 Corinthians 7 : 19
Galatians 5 : 6
Galatians 6 : 15

Are you circumcised yes or no?Simple question
Answer or admit you are a coward
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by lomprico(m): 12:30pm On Mar 05, 2023
omolola100:

It's in the old testament
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by lomprico(m): 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
Na Muslims you dey copy?

E dey bible
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 12:32pm On Mar 05, 2023
lomprico:

It's in the old testament
Circumcision is in the old testament
Why do 100% of Nigerians circumcise their children
No doubt if you have children they are circumcised

Why??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Anglican Church Stops Communion From One Cup / Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend / Iyami Aje - My Mother, The Witches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.