Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? (18920 Views)

Which Position Do You Prefer To Sit In The Church? / Zambian Prophet Removing A Lady's Pant In Church In Front Of Congregation (Photo / Is It A Sin To Drop Empty Envelope In Offering Box? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by lomprico(m): 2:43pm On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

Circumcision is in the old testament
Why do 100% of Nigerians circumcise their children
No doubt if you have children they are circumcised

Why??

I am circumcised because my culture permits it. I will circumcised my boys because its part of my culture. My forefathers that dint know christ where circumcised

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by lomprico(m): 2:46pm On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

In short you Do Not know or refuse to answer
A simple yes or no does not require another thread
The typical dishonesty that we have come to expect on full display
Clever by half you are clever enough to say hi Ben not paid but won't answer
Yes or no

It does not matter, if you are circumcised or not it's not a sin.
If you pay tithe or not, it's not a sin.
Jesus Christ's death abolished a lot of old testament laws but ill-informed Christians still wallow in the old laws.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 2:47pm On Mar 05, 2023
lomprico:

I am circumcised because my culture permits it. I will circumcised my boys because its part of my culture. My forefathers that dint know christ where circumcised
which culture is this if I may ask?
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by lomprico(m): 2:49pm On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:
which culture is this if I may ask?

South East
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 2:51pm On Mar 05, 2023
lomprico:

It does not matter, if you are circumcised or not it's not a sin.
That is not the point though
The point is why is it done it not required
People have been disparaging rules from old testament but comply 100% with this rule on circumcision and I am saying people don't know why they are circumcised or why they go on to circumcise their children
They. DO NOT KNOW

That is the dangerous nature of religion ,following blindly

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2023
lomprico:

South East
Is this Igbo?
Does your culture permit female circumcision?
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by DMCA: 2:56pm On Mar 05, 2023
caandi:
omorrrr dis got ma laffing. I don’t like their doctrines too and I try to avoid doing business or having them as close friends cos I feel
Some of them are fetish. To each his or her own sha.
A hood nigga who attends a white garment church once told me that they do some rituals to fortify themselves.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by lomprico(m): 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

Is this Igbo?
Does your culture permit female circumcision?

Mine don't, others do.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by lomprico(m): 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

That is not the point though
The point is why is it done it not required
People have been disparaging rules from old testament but comply 100% with this rule on circumcision and I am saying people don't know why they are circumcised or why they go on to circumcise their children
They. DO NOT KNOW

That is the dangerous nature of religion ,following blindly

I get your point but the context at which you asked is how I answered you. There is really no reason why such laws were maintained, for me it makes God look partial or as if he dint create man. That's why Jesus Christ came to put things right.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2023
lomprico:

Mine don't, others do.
Sorry I don't understand you
Are you Igbo?
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 3:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
lomprico:

I get your point but the context at which you asked is how I answered you. There is really no reason why such laws were maintained, for me it makes God look partial or as if he dint create man. That's why Jesus Christ came to put things right.
So initially God made a mistake?
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by lomprico(m): 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

Sorry I don't understand you
Are you Igbo?

Yes
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2023
lomprico:

Yes
So Igbo culture does not permit female circumcision?
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by lomprico(m): 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

So initially God made a mistake?

Matt. 5:17.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by twinpapa(m): 3:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
omolola100:
Good evening my brothers and sisters
There is something I still don't understand and I need a clear and better explanation.

I attend a white garment church and the doctrine does not allow us to sit with the congregation because of the stain, there is a place packaged for us to sit and the corner of the church....
The issue right now is that my menstruation started last week Sunday and I don't know why it hasn't stop till this present moment.
I'm just thinking if I should go to church tomorrow because I don't want to sit at the corner of the church tomorrow because people might be suspicious something is wrong with me.
I haven't seen anything about this in the scripture, I just want to know if it's a sin to sit with the congregation while on period...

Sister, It is not a sin to go to church when you are menstruating, neither is it a sin to sit besides anyone in church or anywhere. Jesus had abolished all these laws found in exodus, Leviticus, numbers etc. Besides none of us can fulfill the requirements of these laws. So Christ is the reality, bible says Christ lives in us, how then can we be unclean if the cleanest One lives in us. Please break free from laws and doctrines of men. Change your church to where you can hear undiluted word of God which will help you to grow and live a life of righteousness and freedom. Jesus said you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. Don't remain in bondage, Jesus has set you free. Blessings ❤️

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by guychidile: 3:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
Question and answer
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 3:23pm On Mar 05, 2023
lomprico:

Matt. 5:17.
You refuse to answer?
I am not asking you about to quote bible but the direct inference of what YOU just said in your penultimate post
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by lomprico(m): 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

So Igbo culture does not permit female circumcision?

I believe you are yoruba, there are some cultural things people from ondo do that ekiti don't do. There are rules ile-ife people do that oshogbo don't do. Culture varies.

99% of igbos circumcise their male child after the 3rd or 8th day after birth for cultural reasons (which I don't know but will find out). About 50% of the igbo cultures circumcised their female child. Though the female circumcision has been greatly rediced only very few still practice it but we still circumcise the male child till date probably because it aligns with the Christian faitb with majority of them now practice.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by lomprico(m): 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

You refuse to answer?
I am not asking you about to quote bible but the direct inference of what YOU just said in your penultimate post

The quote answers it. It was no mistake, God knew why he placed those laws but Jesus has come to adjust it to make it fair for all.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2023
lomprico:

I believe you are yoruba, there are some cultural things people from ondo do that ekiti don't do. There are rules ile-ife people do that oshogbo don't do. Culture varies.

99% of igbos circumcise their male child after the 3rd or 8th day after birth for cultural reasons (which I don't know but will find out). About 50% of the igbo cultures circumcised their female child. Though the female circumcision has been greatly rediced only very few still practice it but we still circumcise the male child till date probably because it aligns with the Christian faitb with majority of them now practice.
Well the point is you said you circumcise male because it is "permitted" and I am trying to situate that in Christianity
How does it align with Christian faith?
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 3:37pm On Mar 05, 2023
lomprico:

The quote answers it. It was no mistake, God knew why he placed those laws but Jesus has come to adjust it to make it fair for all.

The simple truth is many of you have not studied the history of the Hebrews or Christianity properly
Jesus was clear that he would not change one iota of the law
So where does "adjustment" come from?

For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by pfadom: 3:46pm On Mar 05, 2023
Yes, in the old testament and old testament churches like Cherubim & Seraphim, Celestial Church of Christ, and other white garment churches.

In the New Testament, all that is required is neatness and cleanliness.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by vikkysolo: 3:51pm On Mar 05, 2023
omolola100:
Good evening my brothers and sisters
There is something I still don't understand and I need a clear and better explanation.

I attend a white garment church and the doctrine does not allow us to sit with the congregation because of the stain, there is a place packaged for us to sit and the corner of the church....
The issue right now is that my menstruation started last week Sunday and I don't know why it hasn't stop till this present moment.
I'm just thinking if I should go to church tomorrow because I don't want to sit at the corner of the church tomorrow because people might be suspicious something is wrong with me.
I haven't seen anything about this in the scripture, I just want to know if it's a sin to sit with the congregation while on period...

Everychurch has their doctrines. It is not compulsory you must be there If you are not comfortable with their doctrine. However I believe you have been observing this for sometime because I know this is always passed as anouncement more than once in a week.
Somebody has given you the passage establishing this in Leviticus.
Available for further clarification 07055572481
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by brainhgeek(m): 3:57pm On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

Is it righteous if one fails or refuses to "give" tithes?I
I am not concerned here with giving but Not giving or refusing to give
Is that righteous?
I usually don't dabble into this tithe discussions however,I have failed to give my tithe on many occasions and that does not make me unrighteous. For whatever reason I hold for not giving my tithe God understands. However, if tithing is a criteria to gaining entrance to heaven, then a sinner who dies on his sickbed without paying tithe will not make heaven
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by 0monnak0da: 3:59pm On Mar 05, 2023
brainhgeek:

I usually don't dabble into this tithe discussions however,I have failed to give my tithe on many occasions and that does not make me unrighteous. For whatever reason I hold for not giving my tithe God understands. However, if tithing is a criteria to gaining entrance to heaven, then a sinner who dies on his sickbed without paying tithe will not make heaven
The relevance here is to interrogate injunctions from the " Old" testament

When it suits people would dismiss rules for that reason but never when it applies to tithes

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by lomprico(m): 4:02pm On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

Well the point is you said you circumcise male because it is "permitted" and I am trying to situate that in Christianity
How does it align with Christian faith?

Luke 2:21
And when eight days were fulfilled to circumcise the child, his name was called Jesus, the name called by the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by ayo2008: 4:03pm On Mar 05, 2023
TechCapon:
Yes, it is a very big sin. When a woman is unclean, the Bible says that she should isolate herself from the congregation.

"`When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening. "`Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean. - Leviticus 15: 19-33

The coming of second Adam, Jesus Christ has nullified this . The bible in the old testament talks about using animals for atonement of sin, but the coming of Christ has nullified that too.

Let's be guided by God's spirit, pls
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by ComeToJesus: 4:06pm On Mar 05, 2023
It's the tradition of men who failed to follow the scripture.

Your menstrual cycle is a normal biological process that is in sync with the morphology, physiology and physiognomy of a woman.

You owe no one no apology because you are here on earth for a purpose and not to satisfy the whims and caprices of the chauvinistic male folk.

The blood of Jesus is greater than your blood.

Every uncleanliness had been taken by Jesus to the cross and they were permanently nailed till date.

Don't cower. Be bold.

The earth is for the male and female.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by NaBanga: 4:56pm On Mar 05, 2023
Nigerians have got to get their heads out of religion. Oversabiness... So are you going to work around others when you menstruating? Imagine if all Western women stop going to work and school during menstruation. They would not have progressed much. I guess your church does not believe Jesus died on the cross and what that means for Christians. It could also mean you are in a cult.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by highoctane: 5:09pm On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

Circumcision is in the old testament
Why do 100% of Nigerians circumcise their children
No doubt if you have children they are circumcised

Why??
Christ is the end of the law? Neither Jews not Gentiles, slaves circumcise or non circumcised don't matter to God, we live by faith , removing of the penile foreskin doesn't make one righteous but by faith demonstrated by works. John 3:16
Re: Is It A Sin To Sit With The Congregation While On Menstruation? by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2023
egunna:
islam is different pls,it is ckearly and expressly stated that God has chosen islam for we Muslims.
Religion na Religion--- they are all of them the same. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend / Iyami Aje - My Mother, The Witches / How Those Who Took Money From Jonathan Turned Against Him – Bishop Kukah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.