Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved (55103 Views)

World’s Rarest Passport That's Held By Only 500 People Is Over 900 Yrs Old (Pix) / Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods / Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by LastProphet: 11:29pm On Mar 09, 2023
SocialJustice:
Ask questions instead of talking like this. I haven't left Nigeria but when I do, I'll attain at least £1m networth of 5 years in the UK, it could balloon all the way to £10m in 5 years.

Ask questions.

Hahahahaha, clown, till you reach safe journey. What they told my neighbor that sold his house and ran to the UK, go and make 1 million pounds u will learn

5 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by bizhop01: 11:29pm On Mar 09, 2023
Niger Republic abroad is different from Netherland cool
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by LastProphet: 11:32pm On Mar 09, 2023
sonnie10:
why are you jealous ni?

If you own two 18 wheelers , owner operated , you could make $15k monthly after all expenses including paying loans on the vehicle.

Do you know how much they pay for alignment of trailer in US? Just alignment and wheel balancing. Just for comparison, small Toyota Corolla is $120. Don't dream before you enter this place otherwise they will use debt slap you to wake up

9 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 09, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
if you don't stop lying, you will sleep and not wake up

I was once a Snr cloud engineer earning $70 - $120/hr before start up a S Corp. I have fleets and each cost me between $80k - $200k. I gross $988k and have 14 employees

6 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by LastProphet: 11:34pm On Mar 09, 2023
Okonandmary:

$80k per week

That your friend na footballer and plumber or only plumber?

Even in a whole year nobody will pay a plumber that amount, lies

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kroger: 11:35pm On Mar 09, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:

I don't need to exchange words with you. Ask me how. There are tons of ways to make money here in US.

I am not one of those doubting Thomas. Bros how do you make such.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
LastProphet:

Do you know how much they pay for alignment of trailer in US? Just alignment and wheel balancing. Just for comparison, small Toyota Corolla is $120. Don't dream before you enter this place otherwise they will use debt slap you to wake up

I will teach you on that. I have fleets and run East - west coast. I do reefer, dry van, lowboy, flatbed. I'm into Energy transportation too. Alignment is $150 for Steer tires and $100 for oil differentials. PM is $200 -500

I also do warehousing

4 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sonnie10: 11:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
LastProphet:

After all expenses, you will still make that amount. Talking from experience

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by LastProphet: 11:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
Emetex22:

My friends makes mor, I came here 2010 after NYSC for master but ended up staying. Most nurses at UCSF makes over $110 an hour lol, I am not kidding lol.
My wife is a nurse practioner and makes close to 450k a year

Lies! Lies! Lies!
Which state are you?
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kroger: 11:38pm On Mar 09, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:

I was once a Snr cloud engineer earning $70 - $120/hr before start up a S Corp. I have fleets and each cost me between $80k - $200k. I gross $988k and have 14 employees

How much is your net profit.

6 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by okuta007: 11:41pm On Mar 09, 2023
OgaTheTop2:
Irumole grin So, you had to create a thread because of my jeje submission on another thread cheesy

[b]250milla is just about $350k. [/b]So, that's too much for you to achieve in US within 4 years. Well, we don't do same job. One thing I will say, you will never know what you can achieve if you don't try. And please, do not take me out of contest cheesy Go back and read my post very well cheesy

you call $350k just ? are you ok or you smoke crack plus ijebu dry shit ?

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by MyAmericandream(f): 11:41pm On Mar 09, 2023
OgaTheTop2:
If you dey US and you have good credit scores, then the sky is your limit cheesy

Some people collect 1mill dollar loans and use 60years to pay it.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by grandstar(m): 11:41pm On Mar 09, 2023
OgaTheTop2:
If you dey US and you have good credit scores, then the sky is your limit cheesy

Even in Nigeria, a good credit score opens doors.

That's how a micofinance bank offered me what I considered a large loan because I always paid my loans on time.

They are even encouraging me to top up my loan, I no gree. I hate loans and I hate defaulting on them the more. Make they hold their top up grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by LastProphet: 11:42pm On Mar 09, 2023
sonnie10:

This true. Cali pays like mad but expensive to live. If you have housing sorted out, then you are set.
I have a friend with just two year of college associate degree in cath lab (special procedures), he make over $150k yearly in Cali.

Yes but his rent alone will be $3000/month for a studio apartment or one-room as we call it, then deduct state and federal tax that money loses 30-35%, health insurance not less than $1000/month and so on. Forget to gather big money here is toughest of the tough

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by LastProphet: 11:44pm On Mar 09, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:

I will teach you on that. I have fleets and run East - west coast. I do reefer, dry van, lowboy, flatbed. I'm into Energy transportation too. Alignment is $150 for Steer tires and $100 for oil differentials. PM is $200 -500

I also do warehousing

What's the cost of 18-wheeler?

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Danielololade: 11:47pm On Mar 09, 2023
Even in nigeria
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kroger: 11:47pm On Mar 09, 2023
LastProphet:

Yes but his rent alone will be $3000/month for a studio apartment or one-room as we call it, then deduct state and federal tax that money loses 30-35%, health insurance not less than $1000/month and so on. Forget to gather big money here is toughest of the tough

You are absolutely correct. California is very expensive that's why the pay is a bit higher but when you factor in high cost of living the pay reduces back to default.

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by OChimex: 11:47pm On Mar 09, 2023
onegig:

I always like to do the maths.
N250,000,000/750=$330,000.
That's at 750 naira exchange rate

That's $330k net in 2 years i.e earning average of $14,000 per month. To earn $330k in 2 years you must earn net of $167,000 or gross of $260,000 per year. That's average of $125 per hour working 8hours per day non stop for 2 years. Let's even assume they do two jobs i.e 16 hours per day. That's $62.5 per hour. I can't wrap my head around two jobs that pay $62.5per hour that you can do consistently for two years without issue and not have mental breakdown.

Let's assume it's a 2 income home. That's $130k for each partner. Seems doable with two incomes without any SPENDINGS. And you stated that's not the only project they have.

Except that friend of yours and their spouse works in IT or Health or sales where they net $300k yearly then i call bullshit at their stories except they have other incomes they have not yet disclosed to you. Maybe import cars? Even that isn't profitable given the inflation in the west in the last 2 years due to covid. That friend is into fraud or is absolutely lying.

Edited. Just read the submission of others on the thread.

So take loans at what interest rates? 4.75%? Maybe 2 years ago when it was 0.25% i can understand. It was like free money but the cash flow doesn't even make sense. From a finance perspective that person would have to invest in Nigeria and make money in Naira to pay back such loans. Or probably they have it for long term and intend to use their US earnings to pay such loans back. Extremely risky but if you don't take risks. You can't earn. No one should try this at home.

Forget the hype. Nobody wey dey do legal job in the US fit make that kind money in a short time unless them don work and saved for like 10 years.
The bills here na mad. Everything dey cost like mad too.
And the tax na die.

6 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by planetuzor(m): 11:48pm On Mar 09, 2023
Failure2019:
Trade day pay big time abroad

My guy way be plumber for Strasbourg day cash out £80,000 per week

They lie..

Just they play

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by naijaboy99: 11:48pm On Mar 09, 2023
HardMirror:
i knew this is what this thread would turn into. Some guys would see this as opportunity to brag. Then some village boys that have never seen 500k in their life would call them out and the bragging and accusations would continue. Lol.
Village is a compliment. Stop allowing rubbish Western garbage tell lies to your vision. The most prosperous people live in the village

5 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by juman(m): 11:48pm On Mar 09, 2023
naijaboy99:
You don't know what you are saying. It is only in Nigeria such things happen. Abroad everyone knows their limit. There is no surprises. Doctors earning $250k annually can't even save $350,000 in 10years. The greatest liars are Nigerians living in Canada and America

He mentioned loans.
When build trust with a bank on taking loan and paying back, they give the person high amount of loan.

When a person talk that look like fable, I try to learn from it, he maybe saying the truth.

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 09, 2023
LastProphet:

What's the cost of 18-wheeler?

Depending the make, model and year. I have fleets ( 12 tractor and trailer) Depending if you are buying new, auction or used) Mine cost me $120k for the tractor and $50k for dry van and $80k for reefer and flatbed is cheap.

Average if your are buying from auction you can get the tractor (semi) from $50k and if you are buying from dealers you will get from $70k+and if you order you will get from $120k+ just the semi.

Volvo is the most expensive
Freightliner, Peterblit, international and Mack

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sonnie10: 11:51pm On Mar 09, 2023
pawn89:

for me it was opportunity cost - I stood to gain more using part of the principle for something else and not pay 20% than to pay 20% and pay maybe $200 less in mortgage.

Eventually, it paid off as the extra principle I withheld was able to help generate some residual fund.

I tell people, before throwing 20% down payment, ask yourself the following questions

How much can 10% of the down payment make me monthly
How much extra will I pay in Interest and PMI if I choose not to pay 20%

Here is the real maths.
If have a $500k mortgage and put down 20% you owe $400k .but if put down 5%, you would owe $475k.
On a 5% interest and principal rate per annum of that $75k difference, you would have additional $625 on your monthly bill . Plus the$100 pmi . Total of about $725 addition to your monthly bill.
Bro, now tell what passive investment you did with that money that is generating $725 which in #543750 (naira). This is the amount you are giving bank every month.

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sonnie10: 11:52pm On Mar 09, 2023
LastProphet:

Many in cali are moving to TX and Florida

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Dove18: 11:52pm On Mar 09, 2023
franchasofficia:
You are revealing too much in an open forum, learn to keep some things to yourself angry

"Open forums" like this is where some of us spend hours to get real honest information while preparing to jakpa so please his revelation is acknowledged and much appreciated.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by afbstrategies: 11:52pm On Mar 09, 2023
irumole1975:
Seriously, I've stopped reading the hype of these guys abroad because they're making some of us feel less achieved.

One was talking about a project of #250M hotel completed in Nigeria and I don't even know if na this same abroad I dey with them too. Also talked about him being here for just two years or so and he's bought a condo home, build many hostels for student in Nigeria and on his way to complete a #250Million hotel in Nigeria also.

I been here in this abroad and I can't even boast of $10k USD. It's well Sha. I just hope they're not lying with all these things they're saying.
All fingers are not equal and we’re blessed differently. The attitude you just expressed may well be your Achilles heel. Continue to work hard if you can or pack up and go home. Don’t be a doubting Thomas. Kpele!

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Unrated900(m): 11:52pm On Mar 09, 2023
irumole1975:
Seriously, I've stopped reading the hype of these guys abroad because they're making some of us feel less achieved.

One was talking about a project of #250M hotel completed in Nigeria and I don't even know if na this same abroad I dey with them too. Also talked about him being here for just two years or so and he's bought a condo home, build many hostels for student in Nigeria and on his way to complete a #250Million hotel in Nigeria also.

I been here in this abroad and I can't even boast of $10k USD. It's well Sha. I just hope they're not lying with all these things they're saying.

abroad is different from abroad

South Africa to some people self na abroad

The real abroad na germany usa canada australia and many real more..

Like those benin sapele edo boys

Their own abroad na Ghana

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2023
OChimex:

Forget the hype. Nobody wey dey do legal job in the US fit make that kind money in a short time unless them don work and saved for like 10 years.
The bills here na mad. Everything dey cost like mad too.
And the tax na die.

I make more than that legally

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Irupetepete: 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2023
franchasofficia:
You are revealing too much in an open forum, learn to keep some things to yourself angry
he is revealing too much?
The point is for people to learn and grow.
That you are stingy with info don't mean you should discourage others... I dey hate people like una gan

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Unrated900(m): 11:54pm On Mar 09, 2023
U can be in abroad and be doing legal business

Hence you would be limited to businessess in nigeria

And you can be in better abroad like usa and Canada and be boasting of buy house in lekki

So op which abroad you dey

Shey na gabon kenya or guinea or congo or na ivory coast you dey

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 09, 2023
kroger:

I am not one of those doubting Thomas. Bros how do you make such.

I will reply you with my story and how I started. I'm driving now.

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by MeezPat(f): 11:55pm On Mar 09, 2023
Bros abeg you dey hire from Nigeria
Kingofmykingdom:

Depending the make, model and year. I have fleets ( 12 tractor and trailer) Depending if you are buying new, auction or used) Mine cost me $120k for the tractor and $50k for dry van and $80k for reefer and flatbed is cheap.

Average if your are buying from auction you can get the tractor (semi) from $50k and if you are buying from dealers you will get from $70k+and if you order you will get from $120k+ just the semi.

Volvo is the most expensive
Freightliner, Peterblit, international and Mack

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads? / OCHA BRIGADE Kenneth Okonkwo Dies In Accident (Photos) / Sinkhole Swallows Range Rover Sport In Imo State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.