Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo (33712 Views)

Fisayo Soyombo: Owo Attackers Were In Miltary Camouflage / Lagos Guber Aspirant, Ade Dosunmu Dumps PDP, Joins NNPP / Ajimobi Hasn’t Been Disconnected From Life Support But He's Gone- Fisayo Soyombo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Eriokanmi: 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
Useless people. They should come to Alimosho where nobody says good of sanwoolu and spew that trash. Expect another shock, come Saturday. Ibos didn't shock tinubu in Alimosho, we did.

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Neatboy(m): 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
sat70:
Lol. People come online for cheap publicity. Labor party and her Zombidients Igbos started all these when they threatened to vote massively against APC in Lagos. My advice for Lagos govt is to start setting boundaries for non Yorubas. What they are trying in Lagos, no one will try it in their state. On Saturday we will know how far.

Seriously, what do you people really want the Igbo man to do for you? When he talks about Biafra you will be the first person to oppose him. When he talks about one Nigeria you will denigrate him and resort to tribal bigotry. He comes to Lagos and hustle like his other brothers who had gone to the North or even South to make money. He buys your land, builds estates, markets and malls and other chains of businesses and pay tax to enrich your government but what they get in return is threat in every electioneering season.

You just want them to keep working and paying huge taxes to your government but you don't want them to come close to the position of leadership? You guys are wicked souls. Yes, there are Igbos that are boastful, but will you use because of the few uncouth ones to crucify the rest?

Listen, there is nothing you guys can do about this. Lagos have come of age. It is only the foolish Yorubas that will listen to you. And let me tell you the truth, we have been so mixed up together that we can not fight each other. Whatever you are doing is just gragra.

Listen, Lagos is going liberal leaving you conservatives behind. It is not only Igbos and Yorubas that are in Lagos. Every other tribe is represented here. If Lagos was developed by all then Lagos belongs to all.

Before now, I know that no matter how tribalistic you guys choose to be, a time must certainly come when Lagos will become a Lagos for all. But I never knew it will come so soon. We are not saying that the State is a South Eastern State or an Igbo State. But we want it to be for all even if it originally belongs to the Yorubas because the State has enjoyed so much from all.

The only thing that can change what is about to happen is unless Nigeria disintegrates. But as long as Nigeria remains one, a time must come when an Igbo man will become the governor of Lagos. A time must come when an hausa man will govern in Enugu. And to be honest, I might be that person o. Change is constant. Rishi Sunak is an Indian but presently the Prime Minister of UK. Who would have thought about that 50 years ago.

What we have been craving for is a moderate and a liberal Yoruba man to set the pace for a national integration in Lagos.

A new tribe will soon be born in Lagos called UNITY. And there is nothing your bigotted minds can do about it.

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Elliotwaveforec: 2:09pm On Mar 06, 2023
Yoruba obedients, e wo aye yin lode! E ti ta wa tan nitori esin.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Neatboy(m): 2:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
If you want Nigeria to be one then it must be one to the fullest. The only way that Nigeria can remain indissoluble is when we mix up. There should be national orientation for intermarriage and national integration. Listen, I am not mixing my words. If you fought to keep Nigeria as one then you must make Nigeria to be one indeed.

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 06, 2023
Sens8:

No tribe in Nigeria comes close to the bigotry in igboland. Idiot.
You're insulting your father at home.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Elliotwaveforec: 2:23pm On Mar 06, 2023
'Give an Igbo man an inch, he takes a mile'

Sir Ahmadu Bello.

Yorubas, Christians or Muslims, use your head.

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by StJasper(m): 2:25pm On Mar 06, 2023
envoymedia:
APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo

Nigerian investigative journalist, Fisayo Soyombo has stated that the ruling party (APC) are trying so hard to reconstruct Saturday’s Lagos governorship election as a “war” between the Igbo and Yoruba, IGBERETV reports.

To support his statement, he shared screenshots from a WhatsApp group ‘BAT RESPONSE SQUAD’. His tweets read;

He further stated;

https://twitter.com/fisayosoyombo/status/1632612898756329473?s=19

There is no tribe that is more tribalistic than the Igbos

2 Likes

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Neatboy(m): 2:29pm On Mar 06, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:

Sir Ahmadu Bello.

Yorubas, Christians or Muslims, use your head.[/quote [quote author=Elliotwaveforec post=121520869]'Give an Igbo man an inch, he takes a mile'

Sir Ahmadu Bello.

Nigeria must be one whether you like it or not! Nigeria is one. Obidients are one. This is not a utopia, soon, that which seems impossible will become possible. I am fighting for my children whose mother might be from the Yoruba extraction.

Like I said, the only thing that can change what is coming is disintegration. But as long as Nigeria continually remains one we must indeed behave and act like one.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by BTCJagaban: 2:32pm On Mar 06, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Not APC tool but Tinubu supporters . The funniest part of it all is that they are not even indigine of Lagos

They are from Osun state but laying claim on Lagos .

The Osun Tinubu brothers believe that as far as Tinubu is concern , Osun state own Lagos .

Anyone from Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Kwara, Ogun or Oyo have 100% right to fight for their father’s land.

2 Likes

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by BTCJagaban: 2:35pm On Mar 06, 2023
Pickmycall:
Is it only Igbo that are in Lagos?
Some igbos in Lagos who are members of apc voted for APC.
However,all tribes in Nigeria are well represented in Lagos state.

It is Lekki toll gates,iyaoloja and mc oluomo that we don't want.
If sanwo olu promises to disband this group of tinubu's revenue collectors,he has my vote.

Lol

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Geminiivory: 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2023
KillSars:

Dumbo, u mean the tax majority of them do evade, don't u think their root go need the tax more now, mumu...

😆 you see your life? as i said earlier, no one owes you...just go get busy
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Idiko1: 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2023
obembet:
We can not vote IPOB Terriost as governor in Yoruba Land...

Sanwo olu is the best Candidate in Lagos state..

Peter obi Kill more than 100 youths in Akwa 2013, no Igbo man condemn the Killing, they are only interested in our land.

Dear YORUBA, if you think Igbo love you... Tell them to make Yoruba Local government chairman in Anambra.

The bolded is a typical crap that flows from the stream of thought of a tribally Yoruba punk without homestead. Did the commonwealth of Nigeria use to develop Anambra State as did Lagos State? It very ignorant not to think very structurally. Lagos State was the capital of Nigeria and commonwealth was poured into it with reckless alacrity.

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Vitally123: 2:41pm On Mar 06, 2023
Careful there! NOT who calls for a war usually wins, bullets don't know anyone.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Idiko1: 2:42pm On Mar 06, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:

Sir Ahmadu Bello.

You are the same jackass who would ask why Dr. M.I. Okpara was not killed during January 15, 1966, coup. There was no such divisive and reckless statement from M.I. Okpara.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Belawy(m): 3:00pm On Mar 06, 2023
But Osun isn't Biafra Land nah, it's still in the south west and it's a Yoruba Land Like Lagos not Afghanieastern red soil mud land
PrinceOfLagos:
Not APC tool but Tinubu supporters . The funniest part of it all is that they are not even indigine of Lagos

They are from Osun state but laying claim on Lagos .

The Osun Tinubu brothers believe that as far as Tinubu is concern , Osun state own Lagos .

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by IGBOSON1: 3:09pm On Mar 06, 2023
blabulu2000:

It is because ...Yiibo people are curse to all their host ...

They know them in Ghana, Kenya, Cameroun, Indonesian, Malaysia, China, US, UAE, South Africa and wherever they are

Curse to their host communities ...., state and the country they are living in

So what moves are you making to excommunicate them from your ‘darling, prosperous, peaceful and united one Nigeria’!? Or are you just gonna sit there and continue talking from both sides of your mouth!!?
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by 9jaRealist: 3:12pm On Mar 06, 2023
Faiththatworks:
Although I have made up my mind not to comment on the Election of the 25th of February again but I will make an exception today.
Soyombo the real indigenes of Lagos State are very very very angry with the boastful, immature and uncouth language the Obidients have been pouring all over the media( online and offline).
I was born in Lagos,had my primary and secondary education in Lagos and went to government school with the real indigenes of Lagos growing up.
My secondary school education in Lagos State was in a boarding house in a far flung location,where having an ibo name automatically disqualified you from getting admission into the school.
I was admitted because I had both ibo and Yoruba names.
The Crux of my story is I'm in WhatsApp groups with my primary and secondary school friends and the feedback I get everyday from the group is disheartening.
The indigenes of Lagos are very very angry with the loud uncouth noise of the Obidients especially those from ibo extraction.
There's anger from imota to isale eko,from badagry to Epe,the people are seething with rage,even the educated ones are unleashing beastly articles about the occupation that's happening on their Homeland.

The admin of my WhatsApp groups have deleted many inflammatory post in our groups to calm down nerves.
Soyombo should know the mood of the real indigenes of Lagos is that of rage and anger to what they see as a hostile take over of their land.
I pray Sanwo-olu wins with a landslide on Saturday,that's the only thing that can assuage the feeling of anger among those I have talked to.
I will play my part by voting APC from top to bottom on Saturday.
It's an error to keep calling Lagos a no man's land,there are people who call Lagos their state of origin,you must respect the feelings of these real owners of Lagos
God bless Nigeria

I think Sanwo-Olu’s track record is enough to overcome the opposition, and I hope he wins because he’s good for Lagos…

Nonetheless, the sort of CRUDE AND PRIMITIVE XENOPHOBIA in the highlighted above is DISGUSTING…
If any Nigerian (including Ibos) cannot “brag” ANYWHERE in Nigeria, why exactly do we have supposedly ‘One Nigeria’?!

Btw, it’s said “birds of the same feather flock together” and “people are known by the company they keep”…
Accordingly, it’s not good enough merely to attribute such PRIMITIVITY to “groups” you belong to. CONDEMN THEM AND/OR LEAVE!

PS: Nigerians always condemn “xenophobia” (and “racism”) in South Africa and elsewhere…
And yet time and again, Nigerians turn out to be some of the WORST xenophobes/tribalists/racists alive. SMDH
>
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by package7(m): 3:35pm On Mar 06, 2023
It will never happen again Obidient Zombies in the South West never!!!

2 Likes

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by pacespot(m): 3:45pm On Mar 06, 2023
Pickmycall:
Is it only Igbo that are in Lagos?
Some igbos in Lagos who are members of apc voted for APC.
However,all tribes in Nigeria are well represented in Lagos state.

It is Lekki toll gates,iyaoloja and mc oluomo that we don't want.
If sanwo olu promises to disband this group of tinubu's revenue collectors,he has my vote.

Even if sanwo try it, he is gone. That is why you must vote someone not loyal to Tinubu.

Vote GRV
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Emir22: 3:51pm On Mar 06, 2023
There's no thugs on your state, right? This is Lagos, it is the centre of excellence we will not hand it over to a learner or mediocre. We have a custom of learning and mentoring. We do not subscribe to experiment. Call this a war. Call us urchins. Just so, you know there was an affront the day you call "Lagos no man's land". The owners are reclaiming their land. Ok?

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by pacespot(m): 3:51pm On Mar 06, 2023
Most of those Yoruba tribal bigots are typing those rubbishes from face me I face you apartment with dirty gutters and toilets in the surroudings.

If you ask them how has Tinubu's Lagos benefitted them, they will become dumbfounded.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2023
yom2:
no mind them. Especially d trader ones
they don't have sense can they say Kano is no man's land... after Kano is a rich developed City in the North and Nigeria... It's the richest in entire Northern Nigeria... And the commercial capital of the North... It should also be cosmopolitan by nature too...

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by LocalStandard1(m): 3:58pm On Mar 06, 2023
yom2:
why not create a forum to be tanning all these
If they leave only you here will you still call it a forum?
Don't worry that is surely on the way soon.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by FisifunKododada: 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
Faiththatworks:
Although I have made up my mind not to comment on the Election of the 25th of February again but I will make an exception today.
Soyombo the real indigenes of Lagos State are very very very angry with the boastful, immature and uncouth language the Obidients have been pouring all over the media( online and offline).
I was born in Lagos,had my primary and secondary education in Lagos and went to government school with the real indigenes of Lagos growing up.
My secondary school education in Lagos State was in a boarding house in a far flung location,where having an ibo name automatically disqualified you from getting admission into the school.
I was admitted because I had both ibo and Yoruba names.
The Crux of my story is I'm in WhatsApp groups with my primary and secondary school friends and the feedback I get everyday from the group is disheartening.
The indigenes of Lagos are very very angry with the loud uncouth noise of the Obidients especially those from ibo extraction.
There's anger from imota to isale eko,from badagry to Epe,the people are seething with rage,even the educated ones are unleashing beastly articles about the occupation that's happening on their Homeland.
The admin of my WhatsApp groups have deleted many inflammatory post in our groups to calm down nerves.
Soyombo should know the mood of the real indigenes of Lagos is that of rage and anger to what they see as a hostile take over of their land.
I pray Sanwo-olu wins with a landslide on Saturday,that's the only thing that can assuage the feeling of anger among those I have talked to.
I will play my part by voting APC from top to bottom on Saturday.
It's an error to keep calling Lagos a no man's land,there are people who call Lagos their state of origin,you must respect the feelings of these real owners of Lagos
God bless Nigeria
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by FisifunKododada: 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2023
thebestprice:
Anytime I remember Shaun town tv series and how RMD eminently portrayed Tinubu as a druglord and killer , I shudder and weep for this nation ..We are currently at the cemetery as a nation

Most Southerners are foolish people. I used to think that the Muslim North were stupid but I was wrong. The most foolish Nigerians are the Christian South, they would believe ANYTHING without critical thinking.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by FisifunKododada: 4:06pm On Mar 06, 2023
Lashist:

Stop saying this rubbish...yorubas aren't afraid. It's APC people that are afraid. It's not igbos that will save yorubas from Tinubu. It can't happen. It's yorubas that will save themselves from the Tinubu godfatherism

Please what is Tinubu godfatherism. And can you explain with proof of your claim. Not repeating what Okoros tell you but actual legitimate documents to back up your claim. Thank you.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by FisifunKododada: 4:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
Faposky95:
Unfortunately, the elite have kept mum on this latent construct.....
Take an example of California.....Texas.....
It's real
However, the truth is, Lagos being YouTube could as well have a non Yoruba lead it.
It's a city of the future, so why be afraid to change .......
Let an outsider lead and let's even see.....
Even lions born and bred in zoos play with dogs.... doesn't mean the dog forgets ......

Let's start with Anambra. Tell the Ibos in Anambra to elect an Ogbomosho man as Governor. Then after that we will have this conversation.

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by FisifunKododada: 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2023
Seductress4:
Who is stopping you? Remain a slave to Tinubu in white garment.

How is voting Sanwo Olu equal to 'slave to Tinubu?'
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by kkonyeji(m): 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2023
Playmaaker14:
Only 20% of Yorubas are not into tribal bigotry.

The rest are irredeemable condemned tribal bigots.

The only thing in their head is Igbos.

They'll make you feel like the igbos are the one at fault in everything, even in their own household.

We have them here in this forum.

Plenty
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by FisifunKododada: 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2023
adekennis:
If you live in Lagos and you are from Igbo extraction, just make sure you don't brake any laws because I see Igbos being targeted after this election.. This election has caused serious tribal division.

My question is why are Ibos so OBSESS with Yoruba state politics? There are millions of Ibos in Kano but you never see that Ibo obsession with who governs Kano. They know that the Muslims in Kano will kill them but Yorubas are accomodating. I hope a time will not come when Yorubas turn violent. Operation wet tie will look like a child's play.

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by FisifunKododada: 4:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
Racoon:
See desperation. This is not about Yoruba versus Igbo dominance but a case for good governance. A template is being set. Who said a Sanwo-Olu that didn't do well can't be voted out?

Ibo and their obsession with Yoruba state politics. You never see Okoros obsess with who the governor of Kano is (even though there are millions of Okoros in Kano). I think Yorubas have allowed you guys too much in their territory. Because you know in Kano if you do anyhow they will massacre. So, basically you're telling Yorubas to follow the path of Kano. Be careful what you wish for. E never happen b4 no mean say e no go happen.

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by FisifunKododada: 4:18pm On Mar 06, 2023
gfon:
You just wanna set the country on fire with your statement. Please note you don't have monopoly of violence. FYI I'm not Igbo. The south south is it watching you lots stupidity

What is South South. State your worthless tribe or shut da fvck up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sanusi And Ganduje Commission Mosque Built By A Saudi Arabian In Kano / Amotekun Kills 3 Youths In Oyo Over Carnival / A Nigerian Soldier In Maiduguri Just Posted This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.