Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo (33714 Views)

Fisayo Soyombo: Owo Attackers Were In Miltary Camouflage / Lagos Guber Aspirant, Ade Dosunmu Dumps PDP, Joins NNPP / Ajimobi Hasn’t Been Disconnected From Life Support But He's Gone- Fisayo Soyombo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by WHITELIGHTER: 11:41am On Mar 06, 2023
Pickmycall:
Is it only Igbo that are in Lagos?
Some igbos in Lagos who are members of apc voted for APC.
However,all tribes in Nigeria are well represented in Lagos state.

It is Lekki toll gates,iyaoloja and mc oluomo that we don't want.
If sanwo olu promises to disband this group of tinubu's revenue collectors,he has my vote.

You know he can't do that....so?
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Lite2018: 11:42am On Mar 06, 2023
Solocoin:
The question is was only Igbo people voted on Lagos for LP, those it means Igbo have a population than Yoruba's in Lagos? Tinubu they say built Lagos so how were they able to stop Yoruba's from voting Tinubu their father? They shouldn't start what they won't be able to finish.
Read what you typed Chief
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Drsmartphilips: 11:42am On Mar 06, 2023
Lightorder:
have I been scared of them before ? I know the faces of most urchins around my polling units. Just play rough to me, I will come and take you out clean after the election best way I like. Sons of useless worn out motor park drunks
na so so mouth you dey make, ojukwu did more than you,he wore a skirt to la cote D'Ivoire
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by ProphetM0hammad: 11:44am On Mar 06, 2023
jaxxy:

all these allegations are inaccurate and figment of ur imagination to blame igbos for nothing.

igbos can't take over any yoruba land. they love their ancestral lands more than anything. they don't forget their traditions because they changed location.

Gbadebo is yoruba there is nothing he can do or change about it. yes part if his family is igbo just like davido and seyi is half delta bt they are all yoruba boys.

Leave all this propaganda pls. it won't help us.

What figment of imagination?
It's all over social media, i don't even have the interest in digging them out for you now

Besides, as an ibo boy. I think you should leave the Yorubas alone and let them decide, focus more on who becomes governor in your states.

I don't see yorubas getting involved and agitated in who becomes the governor of imo or Ebonyi

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by ProphetM0hammad: 11:46am On Mar 06, 2023
Solocoin:
The question is was only Igbo people voted on Lagos for LP, those it means Igbo have a population than Yoruba's in Lagos? Tinubu they say built Lagos so how were they able to stop Yoruba's from voting Tinubu their father? They shouldn't start what they won't be able to finish.

It's too complex for you to grasp
Many didn't vote Tinubu cos of the Muslim Muslim ticket

That doesn't mean they will accept one Chinedu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by SmartPolician: 11:50am On Mar 06, 2023
sat70:
Lol. People come online for cheap publicity. Labor party and her Zombidients Igbos started all these when they threatened to vote massively against APC in Lagos. My advice for Lagos govt is to start setting boundaries for non Yorubas. What they are trying in Lagos, no one will try it in their state. On Saturday we will know how far.

You see, this message is for every open-minded person reading it. So, it is not just for you.

In life, you cannot eat your cake and have it (no insult intended). If Lagos is the commercial capital of Nigeria, the indigenes will enjoy a lot of things that other states will not. They will get all the FG government attention, opportunities, skyscrapers, etc. They will get the best of what Nigeria has to offer at the expense of other states. For having most of the opportunities in the country, it simply means will Lagos will continue to attract people from across the country.

Unfortunately, they cannot have it all. I am sure the indigenes of Lagos know this. That's why they allowed a man from Osun State to lord it over them. People will come from all over the country to look for opportunities in Lagos, thereby making it more cosmopolitan. Because it has diverse tribes, a time will come when the ethnic groups dominant in Lagos will take a shot at Lagos governance.

For instance, if negroes who came to America as slaves could rise to become the president of the country, it is only natural that a day will come when non-Yorubas will govern Lagos State. It's a fact. Today, non-indigenes are representing Abuja people in the national assembly and they are now used to it.

So, it's high time you lots started reorienting your minds because Lagos will certainly get to that stage...fights, quarrels and anger cannot stop it because it's a natural course of action. However, the most important thing is that the person who was given the mandate have empathy, competence and all the wherewithal to deliver good governance. This is even more important than the locals having a corrupt man from among them as their leader.

2 Likes

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Gentew(m): 11:55am On Mar 06, 2023
Playmaaker14:
Only 20% of Yorubas are not into tribal bigotry.

The rest are irredeemable condemned tribal bigots.

The only thing in their head is Igbos.

They'll make you feel like the igbos are the one at fault in everything, even in their own household.

100% of Igbo are tribal bigots.... No wonder they voted only Obi in Igbo land.....

We have them here in this forum.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Mrnairalandd: 11:59am On Mar 06, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Not APC tool but Tinubu supporters . The funniest part of it all is that they are not even indigine of Lagos

They are from Osun state but laying claim on Lagos .

The Osun Tinubu brothers believe that as far as Tinubu is concern , Osun state own Lagos .

In case you don’t know, i ll educate you about it.

Yorubaland consists of Lagos state- we have the Aworis, Ijebus, Egun, Epes, Badagryians just like Ekiti, Ijesha, Akure, Iwo, Ede we all speak only one major language which is Yoruba language with our local dialects and our Obas preside over the affairs of these towns and native Lagosians just like their brothers and Sisters in Osun, Ogun, Oyo, and other Yorubas states. All Yorubas are free in any part of Yorubaland including Lagos state. There are Lagosians in other Soury Western states doing their own things cos it’s their father land.

However, igbo ll always remained migrants in all Yoruba states. Let me burst your bubbles, New Delhi was collectively built by Indians and Pakistanis but today New Delhi is India capital city cos Pakistanis have no choice than to let go. The same thing applied to London- England, Scotland go with Glasgow, Edinburgh etc. It is a United Nation chapter thing. Lagos state is Yoruba capital. Igbos ll leave when the times come otherwise your properties ll be seized.

Sadly Igbos didn’t learn from their forefathers mistakes in the North that led to their deaths. Their children are repeating the same mistake today in 2023. The Northern premier Sir Ahmad Bello said that Igbos shouldn’t be trusted when they come to your town to settle down. They asked him why, he said they ll start planning to take over your house/land even though their own land is protected against you in that famous video on YouTube in 1960.

Imagine what was said about a particular tribe is happening today in 2023.

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by ImperialYoruba: 12:00pm On Mar 06, 2023
Opintiwa:

Are you wailing as an urchin or a dirty boxers 🎤

Obi ti lule pii lekan si. grin grin
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Sterope(f): 12:05pm On Mar 06, 2023
This election period has been something else and it is easy for people to get lost in the bigotry. Watch what you consume!
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by xamuel17(m): 12:05pm On Mar 06, 2023
obembet:
We can not vote IPOB Terriost as governor in Yoruba Land...

Sanwo olu is the best Candidate in Lagos state..

Peter obi Kill more than 100 youths in Akwa 2013, no Igbo man condemn the Killing, they are only interested in our land.

Dear YORUBA, if you think Igbo love you... Tell them to make Yoruba Local government chairman in Anambra.

Tribalism only exists among the poor.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Opintiwa: 12:05pm On Mar 06, 2023
ImperialYoruba:

Obi ti lule pii lekan si. grin grin

Odudu dada

Oya celebrate na
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Tommydare(m): 12:05pm On Mar 06, 2023
What of igbos? Every okoye, chinedu, chinwe is a bigot.
Playmaaker14:
Only 20% of Yorubas are not into tribal bigotry.

The rest are irredeemable condemned tribal bigots.

The only thing in their head is Igbos.

They'll make you feel like the igbos are the one at fault in everything, even in their own household.

We have them here in this forum.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Lahrin: 12:06pm On Mar 06, 2023
Why would anyone even say Yorubas are the most tribalistic tribe? From Lagos to Ogun to Ibadan, hardly would you see a street without an Igbo family. I can boldly say one out of every 20 persons in these states is from Igbo extraction yet Yourbas the ones that are tribalistic lol. The igbos should look around them and tell me if it is like in that in all of the 5 states in the SE. It is a pity this is coming from people that won’t allow anyone from other parts of South Eastern state hold any position in their own state.

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Elidrisy20: 12:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
Propaganda
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Zeezenho: 12:09pm On Mar 06, 2023
sat70:
Lol. People come online for cheap publicity. Labor party and her Zombidients Igbos started all these when they threatened to vote massively against APC in Lagos. My advice for Lagos govt is to start setting boundaries for non Yorubas. What they are trying in Lagos, no one will try it in their state. On Saturday we will know how far.

You are so dump lagos is nigeria.SE gas money is been allocated to Lagos SS oil money is spent in lagos. every lagos resident have absolute right to vote who they want.

The more you treating us in lagos the more we gonna vote them opposition in mass till you learn that lagos is a cosmopolitan state.

Solution go change the constitution or lets vote referendum so we can go our separate ways.then you can have lagos to yourself.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by jackpot(f): 12:10pm On Mar 06, 2023
Desmond Elliot 2020 Project as an APC House of Assembly Member

Eko 5th Mainland Bridge 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Say no to APC

Vote LP

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Agugbadin: 12:11pm On Mar 06, 2023
Lagos is a serious business and there is need to reeled the incumbent Sanwo-Olu. Don't vent the anger of Buhari's leadership failure or on Sanwo-Olu.

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Mrnairalandd: 12:15pm On Mar 06, 2023
SmartPolician:

You see, this message is for every open-minded person reading it. So, it is not just for you.

In life, you cannot eat your cake and have it (no insult intended). If Lagos is the commercial capital of Nigeria, the indigenes will enjoy a lot of things that other states will not. They will get all the FG government attention, opportunities, skyscrapers, etc. They will get the best of what Nigeria has to offer at the expense of other states. For having most of the opportunities in the country, it simply means will Lagos will continue to attract people from across the country.

Unfortunately, they cannot have it all. I am sure the indigenes of Lagos know this. That's why they allowed a man from Osun State to lord it over them. People will come from all over the country to look for opportunities in Lagos, thereby making it more cosmopolitan. Because it has diverse tribes, a time will come when the ethnic groups dominant in Lagos will take a shot at Lagos governance.

For instance, if negroes who came to America as slaves could rise to become the president of the country, it is only natural that a day will come when non-Yorubas will govern Lagos State. It's a fact. Today, non-indigenes are representing Abuja people in the national assembly and they are now used to it.

So, it's high time you lots started reorienting your minds because Lagos will certainly get to that stage...fights, quarrels and anger cannot stop it because it's a natural course of action. However, the most important thing is that the person who was given the mandate have empathy, competence and all the wherewithal to deliver good governance. This is even more important than the locals having a corrupt man from among them as their leader.

Sad news for you though, Lagos state is not federal capital. Some people properties ll be burn down for nothing.

We don’t have any problem other Nigerians who are quietly doing their things without being stupid like Igbos.

Are Igbos not ashamed?

Are Igbos the only tribe in Nigeria?

Why are they always at centre of problem or the other?

Sir Ahmad’s Bello said don’t accommodate Igbos in your house or town in 1960, the video is on YouTube as we write here. Imagine what he said about one tribe- Igbos happening in 2023. Igbos can never ever become a governor in my state. I don’t mind my brother from Osun, Ogun and other Yoruba state could become a governor in Lagos state.

Why are Igbos so concerned about Lagos state why they have their Anambra and Enugu state?

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Mboi: 12:15pm On Mar 06, 2023
tyboy:
The gov election Will determine many Igbo fate in Lagos especially the business ones among them. I don't see things been normal among Yoruba and the Igbo after the election in Lagos
The people using tribalism to deceive you are dinning with those they're telling you to hate. Tinubu's wife is not Yoruba. Seyi Tinubu's wife is from Anambra state. They don't want you to mingle so that you'll remain their tool.
We are the Youths, the future of Nigeria.
Let us stop this tribalism e-war and work together for our own good.
The suffering in Nigeria today, no cash, no light, no fuel etc doesn't know who is Inomor yoruba.
These people are using us to catch cruise.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by prizeless(m): 12:15pm On Mar 06, 2023
They're still thinking it's just Igbos that voted Peter Obi. They seem not to be awake yet

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Geminiivory: 12:17pm On Mar 06, 2023
KillSars:
Some people don dey wise up... grin grin

U no fit see diz thrash for their region, why u go come collect the kind thrash wey dem no fit collect...

E reach governorship election, GRV comot chinedu for hin name, who u wan dey fool?

This post is about people like you.. Keep fighting yourself qnd and let the world see you for who really are
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Zeezenho: 12:18pm On Mar 06, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:
Idiot
Why not share the post where ibos claimed Lagos is theirs and they want to take it back through Chinedu

Stop deceiving yourself 8gbos don't have minimum interest in Lagos we believe in obiara ije Ga ala.we don't dispute people land.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Geminiivory: 12:18pm On Mar 06, 2023
sat70:

and what about that? Is PDP not saying same? So whats your headache? abeg go lick water
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by mauchiz: 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2023
What is happening?
Any time for election,igbos and yorubas will start quarelling.
This is very bad,when politicians divides friends and families because of election.
Let this rubbish stop.
I am an igbo,i have Yoruba cousins, am supporting Sanwolu in this election.

Please let this divide and rule stop.

This is disastrous,why should it be like this.
Wicked politicians stop this.

#stopusingtribetoseperatefamiliesandfriendsbecauseofelections
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by SmartPolician: 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2023
Mrnairalandd:

Sad news for you though, Lagos state is not federal capital. Some people properties ll be burn down for nothing.

We don’t have any problem other Nigerians who are quietly doing their things without being stupid like Igbos.

Are Igbos not ashamed?

Are Igbos the only tribe in Nigeria?

Why are they always at centre of problem or the other?

Sir Ahmad’s Bello said don’t accommodate Igbos in your house or town in 1960, the video is on YouTube as we write here. Imagine what he said about one tribe- Igbos happening in 2023. Igbos can never ever become a governor in my state. I don’t mind my brother from Osun, Ogun and other Yoruba state could become a governor in Lagos state.

Why are Igbos so concerned about Lagos state why they have their Anambra and Enugu state?

Wail from now till the end of time, you cannot stop it because again, it's a natural course of action.

You and I may not witness it, but it's definitely going to happen.

I won't reply you again.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
Geminiivory:

This post is about people like you.. Keep fighting yourself qnd and let the world see you for who really are
Dumbo, I won't keep mute for someone wey dey take my hospitality as foolishness, anybody wey pas hin boundary for my side, I go put am for hin place, no time, well u are free to cry and run to momma as always, coward
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by 9jadonfinish: 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
Lagos is the commercial capital of Nigeria and thus can be represented by all ethnics groups

It is a cosmos p city and it is not owned by any tribe Obama a black man was president of America and you were happy
So anybody can rise to be governor in Lagos or you allow referendum where the south south and south east keep their oil to themselves
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by 9jadonfinish: 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
TAke your Lagos make i go with my oil and let’s see
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by jaxxy(m): 12:23pm On Mar 06, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

What figment of imagination?
It's all over social media, i don't even have the interest in digging them out for you now

Besides, as an ibo boy. I think you should leave the Yorubas alone and let them decide, focus more on who becomes governor in your states.

I don't see yorubas getting involved and agitated in who becomes the governor of imo or Ebonyi

There are yorubas in Anambra and some igbo states as perm sect and getting involved in government and u are here crying like a bigot?

I am igbo bt also half yoruba. was born and raised in lagos so technically I can speak for part of my family.

also lagos is a metropolitan state, different tribes and culture reside and pay taxes here they have a right to choose who governs them and this is totally constitutional.

go and change the constitution if ure not happy.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by bizhop01: 12:23pm On Mar 06, 2023
Politicians always used religion and tribe to manipulate Nigerians cool

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Senator Olamilekan Adeola Escapes Kidnapping At National Assembly / Amotekun Kills 3 Youths In Oyo Over Carnival / A Nigerian Soldier In Maiduguri Just Posted This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.