Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo (33715 Views)

Fisayo Soyombo: Owo Attackers Were In Miltary Camouflage / Lagos Guber Aspirant, Ade Dosunmu Dumps PDP, Joins NNPP / Ajimobi Hasn’t Been Disconnected From Life Support But He's Gone- Fisayo Soyombo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Geminiivory: 12:23pm On Mar 06, 2023
Lashist:

Stop saying this rubbish...yorubas aren't afraid. It's APC people that are afraid. It's not igbos that will save yorubas from Tinubu. It can't happen. It's yorubas that will save themselves from the Tinubu godfatherism

Thank you ooh... Atlast i ve seen someone that has said the fact in this issue..

Your last statement has said it all..

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by yom2(m): 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2023
LocalStandard1:
The chief mod is watching this post right now. This is the same narrative they're pushing on Nairaland and you can't do anything about it cause they own the forum.

Say too much and you get yanked off.
I have not seen a more contemptuous group.
why not create a forum to be tanning all these
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Geminiivory: 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

Yes, but one has Chinedu in his name and publicly referred to yorubas as afonja

abeg lie small small.okay?
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Dshocker(m): 12:26pm On Mar 06, 2023
Faiththatworks:
Although I have made up my mind not to comment on the Election of the 25th of February again but I will make an exception today.
Soyombo the real indigenes of Lagos State are very very very angry with the boastful, immature and uncouth language the Obidients have been pouring all over the media( online and offline).
I was born in Lagos,had my primary and secondary education in Lagos and went to government school with the real indigenes of Lagos growing up.
My secondary school education in Lagos State was in a boarding house in a far flung location,where having an ibo name automatically disqualified you from getting admission into the school.
I was admitted because I had both ibo and Yoruba names.
The Crux of my story is I'm in WhatsApp groups with my primary and secondary school friends and the feedback I get everyday from the group is disheartening.
The indigenes of Lagos are very very angry with the loud uncouth noise of the Obidients especially those from ibo extraction.
There's anger from imota to isale eko,from badagry to Epe,the people are seething with rage,even the educated ones are unleashing beastly articles about the occupation that's happening on their Homeland.
The admin of my WhatsApp groups have deleted many inflammatory post in our groups to calm down nerves.
Soyombo should know the mood of the real indigenes of Lagos is that of rage and anger to what they see as a hostile take over of their land.
I pray Sanwo-olu wins with a landslide on Saturday,that's the only thing that can assuage the feeling of anger among those I have talked to.
I will play my part by voting APC from top to bottom on Saturday.
It's an error to keep calling Lagos a no man's land,there are people who call Lagos their state of origin,you must respect the feelings of these real owners of Lagos
God bless Nigeria

Oga the real owners of Lagos, who are the Edos' are not making noise, it is those that came from neighbouring states in the Southwest that are making this noise.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Geminiivory: 12:27pm On Mar 06, 2023
blabulu2000:

It is because ...Yiibo people are curse to all their host ...

They know them in Ghana, Kenya, Cameroun, Indonesian, Malaysia, China, US, UAE, South Africa and wherever they are

Curse to their host communities ...., state and the country they are living in

pls keep your insecurities / inferiority complex to yourself. No one needs it.okay?
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by mauchiz: 12:27pm On Mar 06, 2023
Instead of trouble,
Igbos should stay in there houses on election day.
Leave the yorubas to cast there votes alone,
After all,that was what happened on election day.
My yoruba lovely friends were all complaining about igbos, i was so surprised when they started complaining about igbos.
All of a sudden,my nice neighbors changed because of election.
I don't know who is washing there brain with all the dirty stuff about igbos.
We are Nigerians,and have right to vote in any state we live in.

Let election not divide us.

#stopdivideandrule
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Geminiivory: 12:29pm On Mar 06, 2023
babaijebue:
No man born of a woman can stop Sanwo-olu from becoming the governor of lagos state for the second time. Sanwo-olu is coming.

Peoples' PVCs can and ll if used appropriately
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by yom2(m): 12:31pm On Mar 06, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:
Monsurus and Semius who are Thiefnubuu urchins and agberoes are try to play 'Yoruba Vs Igbo', ethnic card is all they have up their sleeves. grin
please enough of all these illiterate tribal talks, enough! It gives out many of u as very local and crude
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Dshocker(m): 12:31pm On Mar 06, 2023
sat70:
Lol. People come online for cheap publicity. Labor party and her Zombidients Igbos started all these when they threatened to vote massively against APC in Lagos. My advice for Lagos govt is to start setting boundaries for non Yorubas. What they are trying in Lagos, no one will try it in their state. On Saturday we will know how far.

Your reasoning is below average and that was what Fisayo Soyombo is trying to point out.

So because the igbos chose to massively support a candidate is now a crime?
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by bentenny(m): 12:35pm On Mar 06, 2023
Some one commenting in the first page is willing and ready to vote for the same unaccountable and wicked party that have been responsible for their continuous hardship that they keep facing in lagos just to spite or prove a point against some people from a certain tribe!
Isn't that insanity? grin
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by seguno2: 12:37pm On Mar 06, 2023
Favourchris:
my brother... i gave up on nigeria after the last election .... dont have the energy again

Abeg what options do we have, apart from fixing it
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by PointB: 12:39pm On Mar 06, 2023
Faiththatworks:

I guess having a high court judge,special adviser to a current minister, a very successful Nollywood star and so many successful people is a group of losers.
P.s
We are less than 80 people in my secondary school group.
I guess Obidients feel making noise online and bragging is a template for success.
God bless Nigeria

So we should come and brag in your bedroom? Cos I don't understand why you're so emotional over a group of 'noisemakers'. Can you not overlook noisemaking, Mr Nollywood?
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Dshocker(m): 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2023
obembet:
We can not vote IPOB Terriost as governor in Yoruba Land...

Sanwo olu is the best Candidate in Lagos state..

Peter obi Kill more than 100 youths in Akwa 2013, no Igbo man condemn the Killing, they are only interested in our land.

Dear YORUBA, if you think Igbo love you... Tell them to make Yoruba Local government chairman in Anambra.

Your ideology is like that of a person suffering from juvenile delinquency.

First you say the candidate running under Labour Party is a terrorist and i ask, to what end and why?

Secondly you are asking the Yorubas to tell the Igbos to make a Yoruba man chairman in a local government; For your information every Nigerian has the constitutional right to run for any political office, irrespective of where they find themselves.

If you are running for an office in another region, the question you should ask yourself is, are the people in this locality going to vote for me, otherwise no need to waste resources.

If a Yoruba chooses to run for the office of governor in Imo or Anambra state, you must have made himself popular and convince the people there to vote for him.

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Geminiivory: 12:45pm On Mar 06, 2023
KillSars:

Dumbo, I won't keep mute for someone wey dey take my hospitality as foolishness, anybody wey pas hin boundary for my side, I go put am for hin place, no time, well u are free to cry and run to momma as always, coward

Mr.man, what sort of hospitality is that? See this mumu man.. You give anybody anything for free? Or are they living tax free? abeg go get busy with your life ..
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by yom2(m): 12:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
Koolface4u:
Take it or leave it, Sanwo-olu will still win
may d best guy win. But for sake of continuity and job done so far I think sanwo olu deserves a return, party aside.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by sat70: 12:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
Dshocker:

Your reasoning is below average and that was what Fisayo Soyombo is trying to point out.

So because the igbos chose to massively support a candidate of their own tribe is now a crime?

The bolded is what you're trying to say. Mumu
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by stano2(m): 12:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
Faiththatworks:
Although I have made up my mind not to comment on the Election of the 25th of February again but I will make an exception today.
Soyombo the real indigenes of Lagos State are very very very angry with the boastful, immature and uncouth language the Obidients have been pouring all over the media( online and offline).
I was born in Lagos,had my primary and secondary education in Lagos and went to government school with the real indigenes of Lagos growing up.
My secondary school education in Lagos State was in a boarding house in a far flung location,where having an ibo name automatically disqualified you from getting admission into the school.
The Crux of my story is I'm in WhatsApp groups with my primary and secondary school friends and the feedback I get everyday from the group is disheartening.
The indigenes of Lagos are very very angry with the loud uncouth noise of the Obidients especially those from ibo extraction.
There's anger from imota to isale eko,from badagry to Epe,the people are seething with rage,even the educated ones are unleashing beastly articles about the occupation that's happening on their Homeland.
The admin of my WhatsApp groups have deleted many inflammatory post in our groups to calm down nerves.
Soyombo should know the mood of the real indigenes of Lagos is that of rage and anger to what they see as a hostile take over of their land.
I pray Sanwo-olu wins with a landslide on Saturday,that's the only thing that can assuage the feeling of anger among those I have talked to.
It's an error to keep calling Lagos a no man's land,there are people who call Lagos their state of origin,you must respect the feelings of these real owners of Lagos
God bless Nigeria
Rest…, you guys are the same people calling Lagos A NO MAN’S LAND
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
Geminiivory:

Mr.man, what sort of hospitality is that? See this mumu man.. You give anybody anything for free? Or are they living tax free? abeg go get busy with your life ..
Dumbo, u mean the tax majority of them do evade, don't u think their root go need the tax more now, mumu...
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Sens8: 1:00pm On Mar 06, 2023
Playmaaker14:
Only 20% of Yorubas are not into tribal bigotry.

The rest are irredeemable condemned tribal bigots.

The only thing in their head is Igbos.

They'll make you feel like the igbos are the one at fault in everything, even in their own household.
We have them here in this forum.

No tribe in Nigeria comes close to the bigotry in igboland. Idiot.

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Hpesoj: 1:13pm On Mar 06, 2023
Faiththatworks:
God bless Nigeria

But GRV is an indigene of Lagos na. Even Sanwo-Olu is not an indigene. Sanwo is from Ogun, so what's the BS about indigene?
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by UncleJudax(m): 1:15pm On Mar 06, 2023
Massiveglory:
The integrity of PODATTI swept the presidential election in lagos.
Integrity is not bought in the market place.
Integrity is not bulabaloo.
Integrity is not fake news media.

If the authentic result of Lagos presidential election comes out, people will faint.

There are many yorubas in lagos who joyfully voted labour party . I really fear for sanwolu.
The people making tribal noise are the miscreants, vagabonds, touts and urchins who are in the minor.

Lagosians, let us end thuggery, miscreant, vagabonds and tribalism in Lagos.
Let us do it again in lagos.
Sanwolu, as the governor, should speak about this development...else, he risks being seen as complicit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Esinwaju: 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
MatrixCircle:
They are even making things more difficult for Tinubu and Sanwo Olu. Exposing themselves to prove to Nigerians they are not worthy of our votes. And even putting Tinubu's initial into illegality. A person who is a President elect. Can you imagine foolishness grin grin grin.
Tagging a President elect in a violent whatsoever squad. If they are tough go out and win at the Polls. Now promising violence.
That thing you call foolishness is the actual reason no where in the East is called no man's land today. No matter how woke you claim to be, certain stuff will surely trigger emotions. Even Jesus got triggered when he saw certain things that ought not to be in the Temple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by yom2(m): 1:17pm On Mar 06, 2023
Bede2u:
it funny that Peter obi won abuja but we don't hear abuja indigenous people saying igbos want to take over.
Why are yorubas always different?
you all are to be blamed. Take note that: lp is a national party not regional and watch ur comments and body languages.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by yom2(m): 1:29pm On Mar 06, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
but the Igbos are loud mouth anyway... That's why it looks na only Igbos...
no mind them. Especially d trader ones

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Lightorder: 1:31pm On Mar 06, 2023
Drsmartphilips:
na so so mouth you dey make, ojukwu did more than you,he wore a skirt to la cote D'Ivoire
what did Ojukwu do ? Them no play the tape give you as e happened for 3 years ? Go home and ask your father who he was and crawl back .
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by yom2(m): 1:34pm On Mar 06, 2023
jaxxy:

all these allegations are inaccurate and figment of ur imagination to blame igbos for nothing.

igbos can't take over any yoruba land. they love their ancestral lands more than anything. they don't forget their traditions because they changed location.

Gbadebo is yoruba there is nothing he can do or change about it. yes part if his family is igbo just like davido and seyi is half delta bt they are all yoruba boys.

Leave all this propaganda pls. it won't help us.
we don hear. Its OK. Let's end d matter for now and switch to more civilized discussions
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by yom2(m): 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2023
Dshocker:

Oga the real owners of Lagos, who are the Edos' are not making noise, it is those that came from neighbouring states in the Southwest that are making this noise.
and it will be unwise of u speaking for them when they did not complain to u. So keep quiet and stop embarrassing your people
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Onme(m): 1:42pm On Mar 06, 2023
Thunder go fire igbo after sanwo win

Igbo are ungrateful peoples

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by UncleJudax(m): 1:46pm On Mar 06, 2023
Aquaflow77:
Why are yorubas afraid like this, lol this is too funny, fear is just written all over them. One is even saying igbos wants to turn Lagos to Biafra land
This is unnecessary generalization. Clearly, the ruling party and its foot soldiers are doing the dirty not the entire Yorubas.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Mrnairalandd: 1:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
SmartPolician:

Wail from now till the end of time, you cannot stop it because again, it's a natural course of action.

You and I may not witness it, but it's definitely going to happen.

I won't reply you again.

Thank God our eyes are opened before it is too late. We ll be pushing our Obas and house reps to put laws that make impossible for the Igbos to emerge as a councillor talk less of local govt chairman.

As far as land is concerned, we ll put laws in place that ll only permit Yorubas to only lease land to Igbos. They won’t be able to buy land anymore. The lands they owned now is leased to them by state government for 99yrs which could be revoked after 99yrs.

A lot ll be done just what North did to these bastards.
Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by topatee: 1:52pm On Mar 06, 2023
Playmaaker14:

They'll make you feel like the igbos are the one at fault in everything, even in their own household.

and you left your villages find solace in Yorubaland, established and even build prosperity among the bigots, continue

1 Like

Re: APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo by Ballmer: 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2023
Hopefully those 80% turn out in the number to put your pathetic tribe n dream in your place

Playmaaker14:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"I Gave Fayose $5.377m In Cash"- Obanikoro / 'Bishop' Aloysius Ikegwuonu Builds Road With Streetlight, Bridge And Drainage / Wike Commissions Port Harcourt Pleasure Park (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.