Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo (3514 Views)

Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide / Kwara Governor Drops Senate Ticket Under Pressure. / Rauf Aregbesola: I Didn't Pick Senatorial Ticket Because I Want To Rest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by LadyExcellency: 3:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
That's what APC is known for, tribalism.

She should have contested in Ondo State. Moreover, if she tries in Labour Party, she will win.

2 Likes

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by Putindbutt: 3:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
endy69:

Make she pick LP Governorship form in IMO state and see if she doesn't win.
Same ppl accusing their brother GRV of not being Yoruba enough just because he married igbo are here crying over a woman that is not popular in their own evil party. We made your sister senator in Abuja, I campaigned Ireti because I don't want anything PDP. I've never met Ireti and spaced with her on twitter and you still come out to type rubbish.
Abuja is different from SE. It would not have happened in SE.
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by raskymonojendor: 3:15pm On Mar 06, 2023
Another one..

Enugu people don't want to vote for the PDP candidate because his great great grandfather is from Ebonyi.

https://twitter.com/SeunArogs/status/1631453319947341825?t=Fh8AtfbvQYv3jdjZd35Klg&s=19

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by EmeeNaka: 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ezeama400:
The same APC controlled by the ruling party where Igbos have no say in the party denied her the ticket because she married non Igbo ?

Una mumumess is terrible..
Do not mind the Lagos APC urchins who are trying to whip up tribal nonsense to win gubernatorial election. LP will deal with APC on Saturday March 11th. The more they attack Obidients with tribal issues, the more Obidients prepares for them. They are trying to see if yoruba members of Obidients family will join them
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by Ttalk: 3:18pm On Mar 06, 2023
Neatboy:

I vehemently disagree with you. Even I myself, as an Igbo man, I can't just wake one morning and say that I want to be governor of my state if I have no grassroot supports. They didn't reject her because she is married to a non-Igbo. They rejected her because she just wanted to use her influence to get position, not minding that people have already been doing their own underground work for long.

So, you think they will just submit the position to her because she's a governor's wife or because she is Igbo? You guys should go and sleep.

Try another lie

In a democracy you don't deny a candidate by locking him it her out from context, you vote him out. Maybe SE can't fathom this democracy tenet because of their nzogbu nzogbu politics

2 Likes

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by endy69: 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2023
Putindbutt:

Abuja is different from SE. It would not have happened in SE.
Oga go pick Labour Party form and see if anyone cares about where you are from in SE. SE is tired of PDP and can't trust APC. In Abia state a Yoruba made is vying for State House of Assembly just wait and see if he doesn't win. Make una think future we no dey care where you except say you be PDP or APC. My guys now dey worm up for area council election under LP if you're in Abuja or SE better go pick firm make Tinubu no dey pay you 30k to come type trash
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by Putindbutt: 3:21pm On Mar 06, 2023
LadyExcellency:
That's what APC is known for, tribalism.

She should have contested in Ondo State. Moreover, if she tries in Labour Party, she will win.
She should have contested in Ondo, is her father's home state become an abomination for her? smh!
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by Romanoff(f): 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2023
Putindbutt:

Both are ibo women, both wanted to contest for political seats and were outrightly rejected.

Was Bianca's name mentioned on the post?

Is the post about Bianca?

Is Bianca married to a Yoruba man?
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by Idiko1: 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2023
This is very good and strictly in line with tradition and culture of Ndigbo that a woman should not inherit her parent's property. It is very silly to double-dip. When she divorces her husband, she could be allowed to contest. Senator Stella Oduah is a typical example. Betty is currently enjoying all and full political perks as first lady of Ondo State. She could run as a senator in Ondo State or even replace her husband as the governor.
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by madapcmod: 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2023
tamdun:
Ondo state first lady,Betty akeredolu is a full blooded igbo woman and she was denied a Senatorial ticket because she married a non igbo

Nonsense tribalist. Good enough it's APC that's controlling Imo state. If she could not win primaries, how did they deny her BC she married non igbo?

How come Tony Anenih' wife Iyom Josephine Anenih' became senator and represented Anambra central despite getting married to Edo man.

How come Stella Oduah is currently the senator representing Anambra North despite the fact she married an Edo man too.

All these tribal stunts you fools are pulling will come back to hunt you. Since Obi won Lagos, you idiots have been crying and raising tribal propaganda against Igbos.

Continue....

This is a Yoruba boy who's mother is Igbo contesting in Abia and will definitely win. Igbos are not as tribalistic as you lots

1 Like

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by Putindbutt: 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2023
endy69:

Oga go pick Labour Party form and see if anyone cares about where you are from in SE. SE is tired of PDP and can't trust APC. In Abia state a Yoruba made is vying for State House of Assembly just wait and see if he doesn't win. Make una think future we no dey care where you except say you be PDP or APC. My guys now dey worm up for area council election under LP if you're in Abuja or SE better go pick firm make Tinubu no dey pay you 30k to come type trash
SE is tired of PDP because Obi lost out before primaries? If he had won or Atiku picked him, you won't be tired of PDP. The devil is more trustworthy than you. Let a non-ibo wins a seat in SE. then we can talk.
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by Putindbutt: 3:34pm On Mar 06, 2023
Romanoff:

Was Bianca's name mentioned on the post?

Is the post about Bianca?

Is Bianca married to a Yoruba man?

If Bianca who was married to an ibo man could be asked to go back to her state and a Betty that married a Yoruba man could be told to go back to her husband's state, then connect the dots. It tells a lot hypocrisy about those raising moral standards in another man's region

3 Likes

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by endy69: 3:44pm On Mar 06, 2023
Putindbutt:

SE is tired of PDP because Obi lost out before primaries? If he had won or Atiku picked him, you won't be tired of PDP. The devil is more trustworthy than you. Let a non-ibo wins a seat in SE. then we can talk.
Did OBJ pick Obi when we supported him? Or Umaru Musa ? I won't engage those that can't think outside hatred
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by stuffs2002: 4:42pm On Mar 06, 2023
honeyB2018:

You promote nonsense, when you don't know the cause. Emeka Anyaoku married a Yoruba woman, tell me one right that has been denied her or her husband for the intertribal marriage?
Yorubas in the SW, made lots of post on this platform, against her husband, for marrying her and ask Ondo people to vote against her husband for marrying an Igbo woman.
Two of my uncles, married Yoruba women, nothing of their right in Igbo land has been denied them. She understands Igbo language and speaks it well. She was made a women leader in her clan, not minding that she is not an Igbo woman.
Recently, Yoruba carpenter, who is handling my project in my village, got married to my sister and they have two(2) kids now. No one denied them any of their right, because of their tribe.
Yorubas are teaching the rest of Nigeria, new things now. Don't worry, it will come to hunt you later.
SEYI Tinubu is married to an Igbo woman, hope under Tinubu's nose, his grandchildren will be called Omo ale in Yoruba land.
It's setting. The soup will be very hot in future

Typical IPOB with nzougbu nzougbu mentality.

Who told you I am a Southerner. In your hast and blind BIGOTRY to defend your tribe, you assumed everyone online not in agreement with you is a Yoruba person.

I have no nothing more to say to you as you have shown extreme emotional characteristics
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by cocolacec(m): 5:31pm On Mar 06, 2023
honeyB2018:

You promote nonsense, when you don't know the cause. Emeka Anyaoku married a Yoruba woman, tell me one right that has been denied her or her husband for the intertribal marriage?
Yorubas in the SW, made lots of post on this platform, against her husband, for marrying her and ask Ondo people to vote against her husband for marrying an Igbo woman.
Two of my uncles, married Yoruba women, nothing of their right in Igbo land has been denied them. She understands Igbo language and speaks it well. She was made a women leader in her clan, not minding that she is not an Igbo woman.
Recently, Yoruba carpenter, who is handling my project in my village, got married to my sister and they have two(2) kids now. No one denied them any of their right, because of their tribe.
Yorubas are teaching the rest of Nigeria, new things now. Don't worry, it will come to hunt you later.
SEYI Tinubu is married to an Igbo woman, hope under Tinubu's nose, his grandchildren will be called Omo ale in Yoruba land.
It's setting. The soup will be very hot in future

Seyi must marry another wife who is Yoruba like Jackson Adeleke.J.Adeleke is married to Ngozi amd Dupe.
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by tammie24: 5:48pm On Mar 06, 2023
Pauldollars:
Verify the allegation from her Senatorial district.
Using tribal allegations and whims will backfire negatively on any ethnic group promoting it.
oya tell us why na
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by GCFRin2034: 6:29pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ttalk:

The APC members in Imo state that denied Betty entrance were Kanuri and Ebira and not same Igbo? Does it mean all APC members in the SE are now Aboki?

She contested primaries and lost . It’s simple. Twist the narrative however y’all want it for your own nefarious reasons but the simple fact is she doesn’t have enough influence in that state chapter. Whoever gets the most votes win .

And why didn’t she get enough votes ? Oh wait does it have anything to with the fact that she doesn’t even reside in the state. Neither has she been visible in the activities of Imo state chapter before now. And you expect she would win.

Use your head.
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by GCFRin2034: 6:44pm On Mar 06, 2023
Putindbutt:

Was Bianca not APGA internal affairs? why was she rejected?.. Why are ibos rejecting their own blood but raise a moral standard in another man's region?

You’re talking about Betty Akeredolu. If Bianca can lose a primary election , why is it an issue that Betty lost a primary election .
Bianca contested against a more experienced politician who had already been in the National Assembly. Who had also contested for Anambra governorship several times.

Similarly Betty lost as she has not been an active or visible member of the state chapter of the party before now and also does not reside in IMO.

This shouldn’t be that hard .

Your last statement makes no sense whatsoever in this argument. Go cast your vote for the candidate of your choice . Whoever gets the most votes win. Obi would not have won in Lagos if Yoruba did not vote for him. GRV will not win if Yoruba don’t vote for him. And I’m sure many igbos will vote for Sanwo olu. Free your brain from bigoted thinking.
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by Winnersunited: 7:10pm On Mar 06, 2023
tamdun:
Ondo state first lady,Betty akeredolu is a full blooded igbo woman and she was denied a Senatorial ticket because she married a non igbo

She is married, and by marriage she is indigene of Ondo State. Her husband is the governor of the state. Let her take her chance there. Humans beings are generally greed. The husband is a governor and she wants to go to the Senate at the same time. Greed people.
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by honeyB2018: 3:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
cocolacec:

Seyi must marry another wife who is Yoruba like Jackson Adeleke.J.Adeleke is married to Ngozi amd Dupe.

So the children from the Igbo wife are not his children?
So they don't have any right to anything SEYI in Iragbaji, where Tinubu comes from.?
Please South West, teach us, we are fast learning. Bro, let me tell you, it's not ending here. The seed has been sow. Psquare and all who married to Igbo men, should begin to know what to do now.Do me, I do you, God no go vex. After Tinubu's regime, the fruit will be very visible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyebanji Swears-In New Council Chairmen, Urges Focus On Security, IGR / Ideological Divisions In Nigerian Politics / What Happens To Ikwerre If Igbo Secedes From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.