Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,651 members, 7,955,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:18 AM

Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave (36890 Views)

Hackers Of AAS (afriq Arbitrage System) Have Been Caught / Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion / Hackers Demand $70M After Kaseya Ransomware Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by OdogwuMoney6: 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2023
V
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by theophorus(m): 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2023
Eya!
The Problem of Tech don dey show.
Insider probably collabo with dem working boys, dem move am but unfortunately once dem sort Police and Lawyers the matter go die.
Unfortunately, Mr. Emefiele wants us to go cashless.
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Jmk9292(m): 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2023
There most have been some criminal collaborations.
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Cutehector(m): 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2023
Lol... Una wey dey like keep una money for fintechs, una see the matter now abi..

Be wise o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2023
Make i check my union bank if my naira still dey intact
Money wey I dey save for uk grin

5 Likes

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2023
Rikidony:
Na part of my money wey 86fb carry be that, god go punish flutterwave sad sad
you fall for 86fb scam too 😂🤣

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Dialpad: 1:54pm On Mar 06, 2023
How in the world did they let that kind of thing happen

1 Like

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Vopimas89: 1:54pm On Mar 06, 2023
Wow

Very serious
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by telim: 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
I doubt this
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by jojothaiv(m): 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ahuitzotl:
It has to be an inside job..those motherf**kers...
The insiders must be a fool to go through that route then.

1 Like

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by bolademi(m): 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2023

1 Like

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Faber(m): 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2023
Very good, flutterwave conived with 86fb scam guys last year...

Serves them right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by GABRIEL6036: 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2023
Breakfast served right.... I remember 86fb, those motherfucker played a dirty role.

1 Like

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by jimyjames(m): 1:58pm On Mar 06, 2023
MissOpe:
Life is a jungle, only the fittest survives...
I always say this

it's a free world you can do whatever you like as long as you are smart enough and strong enough to get away with it

2 Likes

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Princebest(m): 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
Oboy! That's some money there. I hope they recover soonest.

I was having a conversation with some people this morning and they were complaining about bad network and how it has affected their bank transactions and all, then some of them said they have started using Opay.
I started feeling funny about the whole thing because I use that same app too.

I just hope we won't hear story about the Opay thing.
Like, if anything happens to any physical bank now, we won't really have much to worry about because we know where to go but all these online banking apps, who and where exactly do we go?

With the way people are like putting money there now, I just hope it will not attract the bad boys.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by betfair(m): 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
Cutehector:
Lol... Una wey dey like keep una money for fintechs, una see the matter now abi..

Be wise o
no customer will lose N50kobo

2 Likes

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by fareed69(m): 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
Goodconcept78:

Well said.
But will they allow such.
Very gullible set of people.
An Enugu man cannot work in Ebonyi
An Ebonyi man cannot in Anambra.
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by sulaak(m): 2:01pm On Mar 06, 2023
Fake news, Flutterwaves was not hacked; they released a communique that they did routine checks on their customer's platform and advised them to improve their security interface, similar to the introduction of Cloudfare WAF on Nairaland.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 06, 2023
LAXconfidential:
With this, and the loss they recorded sponsoring this year's Big Brother, they definitely won't be sponsoring future BBNaija shows

Loll, flutter wave's revenue in 2022 was $30 million. N2.9 billion naira is a set back but it won't stop anything. They can be sponsoring bbnaija every year, they are a financial institution, the money would keep on flowing. They spent 1b naira each year sponsoring bbnaija, you think a 2.9b theft would shake them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by SALIMAN(m): 2:06pm On Mar 06, 2023
Yeah the wave lit so bad
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Sebocious(m): 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
Fapemz:
angry

The Yahoo boys who hacked Flutter wave and stole 2.9 billion naira from the fintech unicorn company would probably be chilling at Transcorp Hotel with their babes that love dating Yahoo Boys or

Inspecting a property in Lekki with payment to be transferred once he is satisfied with the property because laundering stolen money on real estate is the easiest way to launder illicit funds.

For the Yahoo boys involved, they don hammer, and God don butter their bread.

But for the organization (Flutterwave) that lost the customer funds, this is a very difficult period for them as they try to mitigate the damage and manage the ugly situation they found themselves in.

This brings me to this:

God will punish anyone who tries to legitimize Yahoo going forward by calling it a hustle.

Yahoo is not a hustle.

You are a thief who will meet his or her miserable and ignoble end and Waterloo soon. I build and sell Lithium Iron Phosphate battery and powerbank for Laptop, Starlink and home inverter. Tested and trusted.

God bless u sir/ma

2 Likes

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Rikidony(m): 2:10pm On Mar 06, 2023
AlphaAlex:
you fall for 86fb scam too 😂🤣
Omo how man go do, na greed cause am, I for don cashout since but I fvckk up

1 Like

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by free2ryhme: 2:10pm On Mar 06, 2023
Teeroyzimma:
Lagos agberos are have advanced

You can't wait to display your inarticulateness 😅🤣
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by seborrhic: 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2023
onlyonechid84:
There is a statement from flutterwave debunking the spread rumour.
They would rather take a ₦2.9b or even ₦5b loss than the story gets exposed and they suffer losses running into several billions because many companies and organisations that use them would cease doing business with them and individuals too would stop using their platforms.
Don't forget they also have branches in other African countries and news like this of people's funds going missing can collapse businesses.
So the deny is expected because the negative publicity will be catastrophic.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2023
Rikidony:

Omo how man go do, na greed cause am, I for don cashout since but I fvckk up
i understand bro 😎 me too lost some good money there though but it is what it is

2 Likes

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by izubext007: 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2023
cheesy grin cheesy grin cool
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by rookidmart: 2:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
sulaak:
Fake news, Flutterwaves was not hacked; they released a communique that they did routine checks on their customer's platform and advised them to improve their security interface, similar to the introduction of Cloudfare WAF on Nairaland.

I'm more inclined to believe they were hacked or similar. There is abundance of evidence (on Twitter for instance) that users have had their accounts placed on PND at the request of Flutterwave; there has also been affidavit (attached) verifying this.

https://twitter.com/UfedoDavid/status/1632441896768241667?s=20
A "routine check" will not have them filing affidavits or requesting banks to place users accounts on PND, would it?

This is the link to the original article and has more information including the suit number (this can be verified):
https://techpoint.africa/2023/03/05/hackers-have-stolen-2-9-billion-from-flutterwave/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by sslcrypt: 2:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
Wasn't the CEO of flutterwave that held the business summit for tinibu at the beginning of his campaign?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by tymicjay77: 2:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
This reminded me of a Nigeria movie title ''THE MAN FOR THE JOB''
trust this tech guys at your peril, a lot of this organization founder are actually scammer or into scamming. They only used the organization to make their scamming a legal scamming...... Stealing from customers as always be the way Nigeria bank and banker do fund their extravagant living...

2 Likes

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by CaptainFM1: 2:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
I always run away from the page anytime flutterwave pops up as a payment platform in any transactions I'm doing.
Other gateways that I fear are Interswitch, Remita, Paystack and Quickteller.
I will rather put the money in an envelope and use Nipost than using any of them.

5 Likes

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by BigDawsNet: 2:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
adewumiopeyemi:
Make i check my union bank if my naira still dey intact
Money wey I dey save for uk grin

It's well 🤓

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Major Crystals & Gemstones Found In Nigeria And Where To Find Them / Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal / 10 Categories Of People That Will React To The Death Of Sergei Mavrodi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.