Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave (36434 Views)

Hackers Of AAS (afriq Arbitrage System) Have Been Caught / Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion / Hackers Demand $70M After Kaseya Ransomware Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Skty: 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2023
BIZNess123:
cool
I feel for them....

Thank God INEC collated the result manually else...tinubu would have been rigged out ....

Una regime don start...crime done start.... corrupt lots
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by skj1377(m): 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2023
They have moved money for working boys till US gov almost sanctioned them. A taste of their own what should I call it sef
theophorus:
Eya!
The Problem of Tech don dey show.
Insider probably collabo with dem working boys, dem move am but unfortunately once dem sort Police and Lawyers the matter go die.
Unfortunately, Mr. Emefiele wants us to go cashless.
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by sacajawea: 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2023
LordEclipse:

That explains the #48M alert I just received..was able to trans 26m though
Huh??
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by bizhop01: 4:15pm On Mar 06, 2023
BBNaija sponsors like Bet9ja is currently broke next will be flutterwave cool
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by manfronthesky: 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2023
Stolen Mandate
BIZNess123:
cool
I feel for them....

Thank God INEC collated the result manually else...tinubu would have been rigged out ....
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by CandyOps(m): 4:46pm On Mar 06, 2023
uche393:
most of these fintechs start-ups just emphasize on development and creating a brand, they don't care about security.

many of their products are venerable to attacks and which can affect their customers.

I've audited many of them, idont have mind to do evil but I'm going to prove a point to one of these fintechs.
most of them has lossed back end

You dey into cyber security?
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
Globad:

Ah, what's the twist?
they give you 3 odds every day to play on their platform if the bet they give cuts they will refund your stake on the platform it got to a point where they increased the odds they gave at that point withdrawals stopped from there the platform shutdown and they gave silly reasons why it shut down very funny stuff
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by correctguy101(m): 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2023
Offpoint1:
I'm working on taking N1 from all the world population bank accounts.

Magician oya....

How feasible do you think this is without an insider?
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by correctguy101(m): 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
uzohrome:
They are thieves, nobody defraud them, they them selves defrauded their customers.. bunch of scammers.

Yes they defrauded themselves and their customers, yet won't they pay back the money owed to customers?

I jhus no kukuma understand

2 Likes

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Emeka71(m): 5:27pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ahuitzotl:
It has to be an inside job..those motherf**kers...
Not so.
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Globad(f): 5:29pm On Mar 06, 2023
AlphaAlex:
they give you 3 odds every day to play on their platform if the bet they give cuts they will refund your stake on the platform it got to a point where they increased the odds they gave at that point withdrawals stopped from there the platform shutdown and they gave silly reasons why it shut down very funny stuff

Thanks for the explanation

But what does that have to do with flutterwave?
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 06, 2023
Globad:

Thanks for the explanation

But what does that have to do with flutterwave?
its totally unrelated but it was a means of payment on the platform though.
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by BIGDADDY000(m): 5:37pm On Mar 06, 2023
Rikidony:
Na part of my money wey 86fb carry be that, god go punish flutterwave sad sad
Amen o, and me too, flutterwave and 86fb chop my own huge money too, honestly am still trying to adjust up till this moment

1 Like

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by IbroMaka(m): 5:51pm On Mar 06, 2023
That's like 7 billion naira

Guy , room dey for me to enter ur hustle

I go fit code die

Offpoint1:
I'm working on taking N1 from all the world population bank accounts.
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by poweredcom(m): 6:20pm On Mar 06, 2023
Watchout for who buy the latest ride a nd who dem share money with oo be careful o if any G boy send u money ...ur bank acc will be among o to be blocked
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by just2endowed: 6:28pm On Mar 06, 2023
uzohrome:
They are thieves, nobody defraud them, they them selves defrauded their customers.. bunch of scammers.

Evident are there on how the money was moved. Can you read?

It's a pity we do not hav strong financial security system. Those thieves would have been picked up easily

What make it hard to detect is that most of the bank accounts yahoo guys used are not assign to a bvn.

1 Like

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Globad(f): 6:37pm On Mar 06, 2023
AlphaAlex:
its totally unrelated but it was a means of payment on the platform though.

Oh, okay

Thanks
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Bankowner: 6:43pm On Mar 06, 2023
I smell a rat!

A big, big rat.

I hope flutterwave customers are covered by insurance.
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by pat077: 6:44pm On Mar 06, 2023
do people have accounts domicile with them? i know they are a payment processing gateway.
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Emmanuel909090: 7:07pm On Mar 06, 2023
Hmm, this boys will never rest.
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Shutupthere: 7:20pm On Mar 06, 2023
Fapemz:
angry

The Yahoo boys who hacked Flutter wave and stole 2.9 billion naira from the fintech unicorn company would probably be chilling at Transcorp Hotel with their babes that love dating Yahoo Boys or Inspecting a property in Lekki with payment to be transferred once he is satisfied with the property because laundering stolen money on real estate is the easiest way to launder illicit funds.

For the Yahoo boys involved, they don hammer, and God don butter their bread.

But for the organization (Flutterwave) that lost the customer funds, this is a very difficult period for them as they try to mitigate the damage and manage the ugly situation they found themselves in.

This brings me to this:

God will punish anyone who tries to legitimize Yahoo going forward by calling it a hustle.

Yahoo is not a hustle.

You are a thief who will meet his or her miserable and ignoble end and Waterloo soon. I build and sell Lithium Iron Phosphate battery and powerbank for Laptop, Starlink and home inverter. Tested and trusted.
Bro the usual naija yahoo boys can’t pull this off. Whoever is behind the hack must be a cyber security expert.... They need to work on their vulnerabilities
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Walz001: 8:10pm On Mar 06, 2023
Believe them at your own peril flutterwave that made away with my money on fb98 do ubto others what you want them to do to you 200k no be small money last year
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by rookidmart: 8:21pm On Mar 06, 2023
pat077:
do people have accounts domicile with them? i know they are a payment processing gateway.
They offer storefront services (like Shopify) so they have merchant accounts.
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Holybaddo: 8:27pm On Mar 06, 2023
Fapemz:
angry

The Yahoo boys who hacked Flutter wave and stole 2.9 billion naira from the fintech unicorn company would probably be chilling at Transcorp Hotel with their babes that love dating Yahoo Boys or Inspecting a property in Lekki with payment to be transferred once he is satisfied with the property because laundering stolen money on real estate is the easiest way to launder illicit funds.

For the Yahoo boys involved, they don hammer, and God don butter their bread.

But for the organization (Flutterwave) that lost the customer funds, this is a very difficult period for them as they try to mitigate the damage and manage the ugly situation they found themselves in.

This brings me to this:

God will punish anyone who tries to legitimize Yahoo going forward by calling it a hustle.

Yahoo is not a hustle.

You are a thief who will meet his or her miserable and ignoble end and Waterloo soon. I build and sell Lithium Iron Phosphate battery and powerbank for Laptop, Starlink and home inverter. Tested and trusted.
After causing Yahoo Bois you want them to buy tools 🔧 from you

1 Like

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by millionboi2: 8:35pm On Mar 06, 2023
Olasyke:

Loll, flutter wave's revenue in 2022 was $30 million. N2.9 billion naira is a set back but it won't stop anything. They can be sponsoring bbnaija every year, they are a financial institution, the money would keep on flowing. They spent 1b naira each year sponsoring bbnaija, you think a 2.9b theft would shake them?
money is money,1kobo that goes out without bn accounted for is a loss and can affect in one way or the other.

2 Likes

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by spartachico(m): 8:41pm On Mar 06, 2023
Con
Reinaldo:
Corn

1 Like

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 06, 2023
millionboi2:
money is money,1kobo that goes out without bn accounted for is a loss and can affect in one way or the other.
How would it affect when 2.9billion naira is around $5 million dollars? They make that in a month. Like I said, it's just a set back.
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by muhammadmuqtada(m): 9:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
How Yahoo boys manage knack flutterwave to the tune of #2.9bn if there was no mole
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Eaglernorwich(m): 9:42pm On Mar 06, 2023
adewumiopeyemi:
Make i check my union bank if my naira still dey intact
Money wey I dey save for uk grin
union bank wer don finish their customer from one Problem to another, from blocking thier app to ussd code, I don't know wetting be their intentions
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by 123yes(m): 9:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
BIZNess123:
cool
I feel for them....

Good for them. All Ponzi scheme uses flutterwaves to defraud innocent Nigeria. I was a victim several times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
Eaglernorwich:
union bank wer don finish their customer from one Problem to another, from blocking thier app to ussd code, I don't know wetting be their intentions

My bro I don tired I get some money wey they never refund back close to one month now
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by maureensylvia(f): 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2023
LAXconfidential:
With this, and the loss they recorded sponsoring this year's Big Brother, they definitely won't be sponsoring future BBNaija shows

Payporte comes to my mind
I strongly feel they suffered a huge loss too hence they backed out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

. / Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal / Can The Board Of Directors Fire The Owner Of A Company?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.