Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,306 members, 7,815,559 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave (36435 Views)

Hackers Of AAS (afriq Arbitrage System) Have Been Caught / Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion / Hackers Demand $70M After Kaseya Ransomware Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by maureensylvia(f): 10:29pm On Mar 06, 2023
SirJerrie:
Plot twist: Flutterwave syphons N2.9 billion from it's platform

Hmmmm another angle
But wait o, is flutterwave same with other online banks like opay and co?
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by maureensylvia(f): 10:34pm On Mar 06, 2023
Olasyke:

Loll, flutter wave's revenue in 2022 was $30 million. N2.9 billion naira is a set back but it won't stop anything. They can be sponsoring bbnaija every year, they are a financial institution, the money would keep on flowing. They spent 1b naira each year sponsoring bbnaija, you think a 2.9b theft would shake them?

The last line, it will
I can tell you for free
The 1b naira was an investment
The 2.9bn went with the dusts

1 Like

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by namiji2598: 10:39pm On Mar 06, 2023
Shutupthere:

Bro the usual naija yahoo boys can’t pull this off. Whoever is behind the hack must be a cyber security expert.... They need to work on their vulnerabilities
Naija boys go pull am clean self, even way better because for them to identify the account the money was transferred to, it shows the boys no even Sabi work.

Maybe because u saw the figures up there, but boys dey run am💯
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 06, 2023
maureensylvia:

The last line, it will
I can tell you for free
The 1b naira was an investment
The 2.9bn went with the dusts
Yeah, the 1b naira to bbnaija was investment, ads and all and the 2.9bn has gone to the dust.

They might still be able to recover some but, they are a financial institution whose numbers grow every FN day.

This stir up won't shake them. It'll just teach them to be more careful.
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by CaptainFM1: 11:43pm On Mar 06, 2023
darkstar6971:
ode

Frustrated Nigerians everywhere! Na me be the cause of your problems? Take your anger waka go abeg!

1 Like

Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Kingofhoes: 1:39am On Mar 07, 2023
Fapemz:
angry

The Yahoo boys who hacked Flutter wave and stole 2.9 billion naira from the fintech unicorn company would probably be chilling at Transcorp Hotel with their babes that love dating Yahoo Boys or Inspecting a property in Lekki with payment to be transferred once he is satisfied with the property because laundering stolen money on real estate is the easiest way to launder illicit funds.

For the Yahoo boys involved, they don hammer, and God don butter their bread.

But for the organization (Flutterwave) that lost the customer funds, this is a very difficult period for them as they try to mitigate the damage and manage the ugly situation they found themselves in.

This brings me to this:

God will punish anyone who tries to legitimize Yahoo going forward by calling it a hustle.

Yahoo is not a hustle.

You are a thief who will meet his or her miserable and ignoble end and Waterloo soon. I build and sell Lithium Iron Phosphate battery and powerbank for Laptop, Starlink and home inverter. Tested and trusted.

Dey play, Professional hackers in Nigeria? These are obviously well seasoned foreign hackers. These fraudsters in Nigeria never reach.
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by bong4(m): 3:43am On Mar 07, 2023
Fapemz:
angry

The Yahoo boys who hacked Flutter wave and stole 2.9 billion naira from the fintech unicorn company would probably be chilling at Transcorp Hotel with their babes that love dating Yahoo Boys or Inspecting a property in Lekki with payment to be transferred once he is satisfied with the property because laundering stolen money on real estate is the easiest way to launder illicit funds.

For the Yahoo boys involved, they don hammer, and God don butter their bread.

But for the organization (Flutterwave) that lost the customer funds, this is a very difficult period for them as they try to mitigate the damage and manage the ugly situation they found themselves in.

This brings me to this:

God will punish anyone who tries to legitimize Yahoo going forward by calling it a hustle.

Yahoo is not a hustle.

You are a thief who will meet his or her miserable and ignoble end and Waterloo soon. I build and sell Lithium Iron Phosphate battery and powerbank for Laptop, Starlink and home inverter. Tested and trusted.

Please send a link to where.yoir products are on display. It will guide interested buyers more.
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by SirJerrie(m): 7:42am On Mar 07, 2023
maureensylvia:

Hmmmm another angle
But wait o, is flutterwave same with other online banks like opay and co?

Yes..It operates like other Fintechs in many ways. Majorly it provides a payment infrastructure.
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by BIZNess123(m): 8:47am On Mar 07, 2023
123yes:
Good for them. All Ponzi scheme uses flutterwaves to defraud innocent Nigeria. I was a victim several times.

Sorry for ur loss bro..
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:56am On Mar 07, 2023
Which bank staffs are letting down the guard in the system?Audit trails will reveal them all. angry
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Shutupthere: 6:46pm On Mar 07, 2023
namiji2598:

Naija boys go pull am clean self, even way better because for them to identify the account the money was transferred to, it shows the boys no even Sabi work.

Maybe because u saw the figures up there, but boys dey run am💯
If it’s a hack and not some inside job naija boys no fit . How many black hat hackers do we have
Many of them don’t even know basic Linux essentials talk of using Kali or pen testing tools. I laff
Re: Hackers Allegedly Steal N2.9bn From Flutterwave by Kobicove(m): 11:43am On Mar 16, 2023
Olasyke:

How would it affect when 2.9billion naira is around $5 million dollars? They make that in a month. Like I said, it's just a set back.

Who told you that Flutterwave makes a profit of N2.9 billion in one month?! shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

. / Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal / Can The Board Of Directors Fire The Owner Of A Company?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.