Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? (24719 Views)

How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Bungalow And How Long Did It Take? / Building Of A Septic/soakaway In 13 Days - Photos / Building This Style Of Duplex- How Realistic ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Born2conquer: 10:28pm On Mar 20, 2023
Eriokanmi:
All I can say is, thanks to Seun Osewa for his Nairaland Ideas. It's has been able to help so many people, including me in one way or the other. Amazingly, not many people have been asked to appreciate this guy since I've joined NL and been reading people's comments. I commend your effort Seun. From start to finish, all the workers I engaged were sourced from NL. They're professional to the core. Mine was 5 bedroom with a BQ at the back, state of the art. Nigerians are so talented. I wouldn't say how much it cost me but it took me 2 years plus to finish it. I was just taking my time. A plot of land cost me 20m. The art work was superb and my living room is like a recording studio. I adorned it with artwork including my TV board.

My advice...pls don't engage Nigerians for your POP. Engage togolese or benennois if you can reach them. Most of our people who claim to be pop experts do use them as workers after collecting the job. When it comes to neatness and straight edges with state of the art designs, give it to them, same as your window recess and art work. A friend of mine working in the oil company didn't hesitate to ask for the numbers of those who worked on my site in a hurry when he saw what they did during his visit.

Masons were so good, from Ibadan. My parapets are wonderful, 2 layers with the water collector covering the 3rd one slightly. My carpenter is superb. If you look at my gerard roof, you'd not see any bent portion...very straight and that's as a result of good carpentry job. We got our woods for carcas from the Ikirun forest in Osun. The carpenter went there himself spending 5 days. He's from that side too. My architect is a member of NL too, a fresh graduate that time whose mouth wasn't too wide. I got his contact from this amazing forum.

Thanks once again Seun. You deserve a gift from me smiley. You saved me a lot
Hello, can you share the contact of those Pop guys?
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by oxiide22(m): 11:09am On Apr 29, 2023
annford:

Lol. But na where pesin money reach. I got mine for less than 15M. Duplex costs way more.
help me sir
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by ukeme200(m): 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2023
Building in Nigeria is not easy, especially with the skyrocketing prices of building materials.

Here's my story!

I bought the land (one plot) way back in 2018 at 900K.

Started the 5-bedroom duplex April 2022.

Work is currently ongoing. The building is at the decking stage (pics attached). The casting will be done on Monday (May 1st 2023).

I have spent 16M so far, and it's self-funded from my salary and side hustle.

Peace out!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by oxiide22(m): 8:36am On Apr 30, 2023
ukeme200:
Building in Nigeria is not easy, especially with the skyrocketing prices of building materials.

Here's my story!

Work is currently ongoing. The building is at the decking stage (pics attached). The casting will be done on Monday (May 1st 2023).

Peace out!
congratulations! I can see a excellent work there
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by ukeme200(m): 8:15pm On Apr 30, 2023
oxiide22:
congratulations! I can see a excellent work there

Thanks man

1 Like

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by favoured247(m): 7:45am On Jun 05, 2023
ukeme200:

Here's my story!

Peace out!
16m only covered foundation, and dpc to lintel of the ground floor?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Architectural designs of Duplex and boungalow at Affordable Price 08096365063 / Exquisite home at Amen Estate, Eleko, Lekki. with Pics / Is 60M Naira Enough To Build A 20 Room Hotel And Event Hall?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.