Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? (24722 Views)

How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Bungalow And How Long Did It Take? / Building Of A Septic/soakaway In 13 Days - Photos / Building This Style Of Duplex- How Realistic ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by jagaban002(m): 10:03am On Mar 10, 2023
I bought the land half plot at 4m ajah 2018 and fence it round with gate with about 700k dec 2018 and keep hustling .
I started the project of house June 2021, I have 10m ready and I supervise it my self with the help of my brother when am not available.

Out of the 10m I did foundation , you know Lagos is water land so the foundation takes like 2.5m with Germany floor all solid materials bought myself and setting of blocks don't take much till linted and finally decking , that consume like 4m because, plumber , electrician, carpenter, and welder will work .

That's one of the stage that takes much money cus I bought only iron like 1.5m .

After that stage you will set blocks base on your plans mine is 4bedroom , 2 palours , 4bedrooms , kitchen, store, dinny and all duplex need .
After setting of blocks u will so another linted and if you like you can include paraphet that may cost u nothing less than 500k or more .

The to the roofing another spending .
Since I used Gerald, carpenter will buy a lot of wood and it's must be hard wood cus gelrad is heavy and base on the square meter , mine is around 283 , all I spend for roofing was around 3m . So I spent like 11.5m to 12m to roofing , what I spent not someone's project .

I thought it's almost done but house nah long things ooooo.
Let me just note all once not to stress una with my English .
I rest and continue Jan 2022

Casement window 1.3m
All house pop around 1m
Plastering chop material 2m
Electricals like 2m
Plumbling takes money like electrical , like 2m
Only where I put water thank is 500k cus it must he very tall since it's duplex .
Kitchen cabinet and others 1m
Screeding and painting =1.5
Tiles= 1.7 or more
Doors = more than 1m

I can't even list all cus they no dey finish house once , have moved in October 2022 so I wish this can help a lil

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Fhaze(m): 10:04am On Mar 10, 2023
Lemme read comment

This got to front-page sha
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by naijainstinct: 10:04am On Mar 10, 2023
This thread is a reminder that over 80% of current Nairaland users are either teenagers or below 22 years. Such a beautiful thread with no meaningful contribution this far.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Slimcanada001: 10:05am On Mar 10, 2023
Location - Ajah, Lagos
Duration - 4 months
Nov 2021 - March 2022

Project cost including land and furnishing - Approx 70m

4 bedroom duplex with a pent house
Ante room
Library
2 living room
1 bq
Big kitchen

Saved up for it

17 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Blueace247(f): 10:05am On Mar 10, 2023
One day I will come back and contribute to this thread.. So help me God!

You want to know more about writers block?

https://xclusivewritingservices..com/2023/01/what-causes-writers-block-and-how-to.html

8 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Freshtruth(m): 10:06am On Mar 10, 2023
15m
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Pavicx(m): 10:07am On Mar 10, 2023
Can someone create a similar thread for Bungalow, I'll really appreciate
Thanks

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by SugarGirl44(f): 10:07am On Mar 10, 2023
I’m still saving money to buy land. I’ll come back to reply when it’s complete

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by zamirikpo(m): 10:07am On Mar 10, 2023
I've not finished mine......started in 2021 January.

5bedroom duplex.......

I basically put in abt 20% of my monthly income. Because a residential house is more of a liability than anything. I won't advice anyone especially a business person to just plunge in huge resources in building a house especially if u are just starting life.

Spent about 30m to carcass level......I've roofed and plastered.

Land acquisition was done 5yrs earlier from a govt agency.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Frezhkid10(m): 10:07am On Mar 10, 2023
Slimcanada001:
Location - Ajah
Duration - 4 months

Ante room
Library
2 living room
1 bq
Big kitchen

Saved up for it
Saved 70million?? shocked

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Arisenews2: 10:08am On Mar 10, 2023
I'm following this thread religiously!
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by DrAkpamudehe: 10:08am On Mar 10, 2023
SugarGirl44:
I’m still saving money to buy land. I’ll come back to reply when it’s complete

How old is this one?
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Moventist: 10:09am On Mar 10, 2023
My was
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by solexybaba(m): 10:10am On Mar 10, 2023
By saving 200 naira everyday. And it took me 20yrs 2 finish it. Bt i neva put doors 4 now.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by hssd8nland: 10:10am On Mar 10, 2023
solid3:
Hello Nairalanders, trust you are doing fine.

I will like you to share your experience with us on how you were able to fund the building of your first duplex, from land acquisition to building, to finishing. How many bedroom, how many suspended floors, what kind of finishing, and in what part of the country?

How much did the entire project cost? Did you take a loan? If yes, what was the percentage interest per annum?

How long did the project take from start to finish?

Nairaland Mod please help push to front page
8 months, 7m to 9m, In the year 2020
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by chiboyo(m): 10:10am On Mar 10, 2023
solid3:
Hello Nairalanders, trust you are doing fine.

I will like you to share your experience with us on how you were able to fund the building of your first duplex, from land acquisition to building, to finishing. How many bedroom, how many suspended floors, what kind of finishing, and in what part of the country?

How much did the entire project cost? Did you take a loan? If yes, what was the percentage interest per annum?

How long did the project take from start to finish?
Nairaland Mod please help push to front page

Location is PH
5 bedroom duplex
18 months for just d building
Part loan, then personal funding, loan was 13%

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Agbaje1246: 10:11am On Mar 10, 2023
If man even get 1k ,I would be glad. Please help, I'm a drop out but I can read and write also fluent in English and Yoruba language.No skills yet but hardworking and ready to learn. I've worked as a fuel pump attendant and also worked as a sales representative for a newspaper agent before I lost my job during the coronavirus pandemic era

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Glowqueen3(f): 10:11am On Mar 10, 2023
Hmmn,l will do that one day,let me pitch my tent here and learn from the Elders.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by visaclick: 10:11am On Mar 10, 2023
CONTACT ME FOR YOUR ARCHITECTURAL AND STRUCTURAL DESIGN, THOSE MANSIONS YOU SEE TODAY ALL BEGAN WITH A FIRST STEP AND THAT IS “PLANNING “

Building is all about saving. Don’t get deceived by motivation speakers to go invest that precious 4m u saved into one business in a bad economy as nigeria. The same job u were doing that got you the money will also bring more of it with consistency and hardwork.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:12am On Mar 10, 2023
Wahala for who him salary no reach 2million.

Anyway I believe we will all get there

But for now ...

LP 71

ELuuuu Pee 72

Obi 73

Obinwannem 74

16 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Nakuza(m): 10:12am On Mar 10, 2023
I'm here to gain experience. Wonderful thread.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by seunaj: 10:12am On Mar 10, 2023
Currently building one. No regrets but I wish I bought the next plot instead and build a super magnificent bungalow with ample space for grass and trees (nature view) in the compound. 5 bedroom & the finishing is a little above average. Decent, mature sharp and simple. I guess about 30M spent already. We're still brushing up the finishing. It may gulf another 5 to 10 M depending on specs.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Otunana: 10:12am On Mar 10, 2023
Mystic216:
Used 1 year to do strictly business and made sure I saved money for the project

Started and finished it in 4 months (1 storey)
What kind of business boss..help a brother with little or no idea on business
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Goalnaldo(m): 10:13am On Mar 10, 2023
Slimcanada001:
Location - Ajah, Lagos Duration - 4 months Nov 2021 - March 2022
4 bedroom duplex with a pent house Ante room Library 2 living room 1 bq Big kitchen
Saved up for it
show me road boss.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:13am On Mar 10, 2023
Winters23:
Again I will say it one more time!

The obsession to "build" house and be called landlord or home owner is one of the major reasons many Nigerians are stagnant in life.

You toil for 10yrs and finally make your first 10 to 100million naira and the first thing that tops your agenda is to start building a house. Then you Bury all the money in the ground reverting to square 1.

That money is supposed to be your capital, you're supposed to put it back to wherever you got it from for profit or you can reinvest it somewhere else.

Then when your profit grows big you can upgrade your cars and maybe start building a house.

I currently own duplexes across 3 states mostly in Lagos and my home state, I didn't achieve that with my first breakthrough, I did it after lots of reinvestment.

If you want to go far in life, follow this simple logic, don't let the standards set by society control your money.
Will they hear? Very myopic mindset.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by NaijaCover(m): 10:13am On Mar 10, 2023
How much will it cost to build duplex house in Onitsha, Anambra State.
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by olasaad(f): 10:13am On Mar 10, 2023
Slimcanada001:
Location - Ajah, Lagos
Duration - 4 months
Nov 2021 - March 2022

Ante room
Library
2 living room
1 bq
Big kitchen

Saved up for it

My husband dream house. But 70m Where he won get that cheesy though he has started sha, I don't know how many years it will take him to complete.
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Juanmike(m): 10:14am On Mar 10, 2023
I robbed a bank. I completed my 1st duplex in 3 days.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Architectural designs of Duplex and boungalow at Affordable Price 08096365063 / Exquisite home at Amen Estate, Eleko, Lekki. with Pics / Is 60M Naira Enough To Build A 20 Room Hotel And Event Hall?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.