Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? (24720 Views)

How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Bungalow And How Long Did It Take? / Building Of A Septic/soakaway In 13 Days - Photos / Building This Style Of Duplex- How Realistic ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by 16inchdick: 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2023
highchief1:
ok all those una area land cheap.d least land u can build now in Asaba is 10m.Anything less na inside bush it’s so sad.

Yeah lands are fucking expensive In Asaba. Okpanam major road land na 150Million
then garden of eden plot of land na #120M
then places like Malaysia estate land na #40Million upwards if you want buy better land for Asaba like build and pack In hold from 25Million upwards all those 10M land for Asaba na thick forest be that ooooo

But Asaba lands dey appreciate fast well well for Asaba

1 Like

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Winters23: 1:18pm On Mar 10, 2023
BouquiLake:
Who asked you all these story? The question is straight forward but your proud mind will not let you rest..... HOW DID YOU FUND YOUR [b]FIRST [/b]DUPLEX not HOW DID YOU FUND YOUR FIRST DUPLEX WITH YOUR FIRST MILLIONS?

Whether you reinvest and made more money or you dont but used the first breakthrough to build, there will always be your first HOUSE and that is what the OP was asking before you turned it to THE STORY OF MY LIFE.

Always read to understand and not read to hurriedly be the first to comment(You were not even the first to comment.

Its annoying jare!!!

Your numb skull have nothing in it and poverty of mind and pocket have twisted your soul to reject sound reasoning.

Feel free to use your mother and father for money ritual so you can build duplex.

Ode!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Chizi01: 1:33pm On Mar 10, 2023
Mine is self funded entirely, although started in 2016. At a point got discouraged about the whole thing, cos my source of finance was cut off, ever since then, its been there. But in 2022, started it up again, and glad to say the roofing is done. Lest i forget, its a 5 bedroom duplex, with two sitting rooms, and a studio

10 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by rafcrown(m): 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2023
40 ft container duplex can take a very long time to complete.
solexybaba:
By saving 200 naira everyday. And it took me 20yrs 2 finish it. Bt i neva put doors 4 now.
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by rafcrown(m): 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2023
Sleep again to complete the journey.
Caleb15:
I don build finish as e reach make i park enter i come wake up
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by alphaconde(m): 2:03pm On Mar 10, 2023
kcdendelo:
Can I join you in the trucking business?

What are u bringing?
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by solid3(m): 2:10pm On Mar 10, 2023
Winters23:
Again I will say it one more time!

The obsession to "build" house and be called landlord or home owner is one of the major reasons many Nigerians are stagnant in life.

You toil for 10yrs and finally make your first 10 to 100million naira and the first thing that tops your agenda is to start building a house. Then you Bury all the money in the ground reverting to square 1.

That money is supposed to be your capital, you're supposed to put it back to wherever you got it from for profit or you can reinvest it somewhere else.

Then when your profit grows big you can upgrade your cars and maybe start building a house.

I currently own duplexes across 3 states mostly in Lagos and my home state, I didn't achieve that with my first breakthrough, I did it after lots of reinvestment.

If you want to go far in life, follow this simple logic, don't let the standards set by society control your money.

Don't insinuate what is not.

You have built several duplexes, right! OKay, the question is, kindly tell us about the first building.

What will you advice, there is a free 10 million naira construction loan in Jais bank for example which you can pay back in 10 years. Will you rather continue to pay 2 million naira annual rent or take the loan, build a house and pay up the loan in 5 years?
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by solid3(m): 2:16pm On Mar 10, 2023
alphaconde:
Still Battling with my first

Roofing to be completed next week.

16m gone

Delta state

Congrats bro. God will provide for the completion.
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by solid3(m): 2:23pm On Mar 10, 2023
jagaban002:
I bought the land half plot at 4m ajah 2018 and fence it round with gate with about 700k dec 2018 and keep hustling .
I started the project of house June 2021, I have 10m ready and I supervise it my self with the help of my brother when am not available.

Out of the 10m I did foundation , you know Lagos is water land so the foundation takes like 2.5m with Germany floor all solid materials bought myself and setting of blocks don't take much till linted and finally decking , that consume like 4m because, plumber , electrician, carpenter, and welder will work .

That's one of the stage that takes much money cus I bought only iron like 1.5m .

After that stage you will set blocks base on your plans mine is 4bedroom , 2 palours , 4bedrooms , kitchen, store, dinny and all duplex need .
After setting of blocks u will so another linted and if you like you can include paraphet that may cost u nothing less than 500k or more .

The to the roofing another spending .
Since I used Gerald, carpenter will buy a lot of wood and it's must be hard wood cus gelrad is heavy and base on the square meter , mine is around 283 , all I spend for roofing was around 3m . So I spent like 11.5m to 12m to roofing , what I spent not someone's project .

I thought it's almost done but house nah long things ooooo.
Let me just note all once not to stress una with my English .
I rest and continue Jan 2022

Casement window 1.3m
All house pop around 1m
Plastering chop material 2m
Electricals like 2m
Plumbling takes money like electrical , like 2m
Only where I put water thank is 500k cus it must he very tall since it's duplex .
Kitchen cabinet and others 1m
Screeding and painting =1.5
Tiles= 1.7 or more
Doors = more than 1m

I can't even list all cus they no dey finish house once , have moved in October 2022 so I wish this can help a lil

Thank you for this inspiring details.
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by karnap(m): 2:42pm On Mar 10, 2023
seanwilliam:
I might not be in the best position to advice you as I’m not yet married, but verily I say unto, you’ll be making the greatest decision of your life if you should marry with half of your savings ,

I know some will defend it that it worked for them, but for every person it worked for, there are 1000s regretting it.
Invest in business first then use the gain for marriage,
Besides , if you’re “due” to marry , do cheap marriage first , you can always do “ túnmigbé”

Thank you too...
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by tope3x(m): 2:44pm On Mar 10, 2023
Mine took 4 months

1 Like

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
Winters23:

The obsession to "build" house and be called landlord or home owner is one of the major reasons many Nigerians are stagnant in life.

You toil for 10yrs and finally make your first 10 to 100million naira and the first thing that tops your agenda is to start building a house. Then you Bury all the money in the ground reverting to square 1.

That money is supposed to be your capital, you're supposed to put it back to wherever you got it from for profit or you can reinvest it somewhere else.

Then when your profit grows big you can upgrade your cars and maybe start building a house.

I currently own duplexes across 3 states mostly in Lagos and my home state, I didn't achieve that with my first breakthrough, I did it after lots of reinvestment.

If you want to go far in life, follow this simple logic, don't let the standards set by society control your money

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by kcdendelo: 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2023
alphaconde:

What are u bringing?
I'm bringing in all my skills,qualities, values, interests, academic knowledge and life experience to move the business to more success.
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by OkoAmarashy: 3:03pm On Mar 10, 2023
emmabest2000:

Reinvesting in 9ar is a dangerous gambling

The richest people in Nigeria made their money here.
There is a level of money you want to make, you can't make it abroad. They won't allow you.
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Lekan239(m): 3:05pm On Mar 10, 2023
Winters23:

If you want to go far in life, follow this simple logic, don't let the standards set by society control your money.
what of if they had already build a house, and they start up business like you claim. By that, all the income from the business will be reinvested in the business. Instead of them thinking about saving up money from the business for real rental/building and other logistics purposes

1 Like

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by highchief1: 3:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
16inchdick:

Yeah lands are fucking expensive In Asaba. Okpanam major road land na 150Million
then garden of eden plot of land na #120M
then places like Malaysia estate land na #40Million upwards if you want buy better land for Asaba like build and pack In hold from 25Million upwards all those 10M land for Asaba na thick forest be that ooooo

But Asaba lands dey appreciate fast well well for Asaba
land business is the biggest business in Asaba.the one I bought 5m in 2014 is going for 70m now

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by OkoAmarashy: 3:11pm On Mar 10, 2023
kcdendelo:
I'm bringing in all my skills,qualities, values, interests, academic knowledge and life experience to move the business to more success.

Something is seriously wrong with you.

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by MrCounselor: 3:54pm On Mar 10, 2023
jagaban002:
I bought the land half plot at 4m ajah 2018 and fence it round with gate with about 700k dec 2018 and keep hustling .
I started the project of house June 2021, I have 10m ready and I supervise it my self with the help of my brother when am not available.

Out of the 10m I did foundation , you know Lagos is water land so the foundation takes like 2.5m with Germany floor all solid materials bought myself and setting of blocks don't take much till linted and finally decking , that consume like 4m because, plumber , electrician, carpenter, and welder will work .

That's one of the stage that takes much money cus I bought only iron like 1.5m .

After that stage you will set blocks base on your plans mine is 4bedroom , 2 palours , 4bedrooms , kitchen, store, dinny and all duplex need .
After setting of blocks u will so another linted and if you like you can include paraphet that may cost u nothing less than 500k or more .

Since I used Gerald, carpenter will buy a lot of wood and it's must be hard wood cus gelrad is heavy and base on the square meter , mine is around 283 , all I spend for roofing was around 3m . So I spent like 11.5m to 12m to roofing , what I spent not someone's project .

Casement window 1.3m
All house pop around 1m
Electricals like 2m
Only where I put water thank is 500k cus it must he very tall since it's duplex .
Tiles= 1.7 or more
Doors = more than 1m

I can't even list all cus they no dey finish house once , have moved in October 2022 so I wish this can help a lil
Very detailed, God bless you.
I completed a 3-bedroom bungalow last October and i can attest that your estimates are spot on.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by MrCounselor: 4:02pm On Mar 10, 2023
Chai, lucky and congrats. N7m in 2017 is equivalent to N13m today, 2023.

xavuv:
How did i fund my first building project = Crypto (temporary hustle then)

When = complet3d all in 2017 including fence and gate (3 years from start to finish).

How much = 7mil plus ( standard 3 bedroom bungalow. Furnished with POP, tiles, and other cool stuffs.

Location = oshogbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Nice2023(m): 4:34pm On Mar 10, 2023
Sukkyy2010:

This you dialogue is sound but not extremely perfect, acquiring a landed property or even build or buy a real estate asset ( when I say real estate I'm not talking about family apartment house which fake asset but a rental apartment house that can be lent out to generate passive income).
Acquiring such property is also a wise financial decision. Let me use my personal case study here, couple of Year back I was in a particular temporary hustle which I embarked to gather fund for my dream business I notice I was having more than enough fund to initiate my dream business so I decided to take some out of the excessive fund and purchase a landed property so as to save the money from inflation ( inflation it reduces value of money) now I have the continuous appreciative property while I'm also with enough fund to start a business now, the bottom line of this my submission is you can still acquired such property at a moderate financial level that won't hit much the total earned fund while you proceed in digging more cash flow along side.

I really like your submission it's very financial educative.

This is exactly what I do mostly.

Invest 50% of my capital in landed properties and not in building,when it appreciates,I can then sell to enhance my capital.
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Eastcoastboy(m): 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2023
jagaban002:

Casement window 1.3m
All house pop around 1m
Electricals like 2m
Tiles= 1.7 or more
Doors = more than 1m

Omoh! E get where e reach, I shout!

You spend close to 20-25 million then.

Tuale boss!
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Eastcoastboy(m): 4:54pm On Mar 10, 2023
Slimcanada001:
Location - Ajah, Lagos
Duration - 4 months
Nov 2021 - March 2022

Project cost including land and furnishing - Approx 70m

4 bedroom duplex with a pent house
Ante room
Library
2 living room
1 bq
Big kitchen

Saved up for it

70million is not chicken change oh!

Wow. Congratulations boss
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Eastcoastboy(m): 4:55pm On Mar 10, 2023
Blueace247:
One day I will come back and contribute to this thread.. So help me God!

You want to know more about writers block?

https://xclusivewritingservices..com/2023/01/what-causes-writers-block-and-how-to.html

What's this about?
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by luluosas(m): 4:55pm On Mar 10, 2023
Duplex? Hmmmm!
Foundation was laid in 2013, finished block work in 2016, did roofing work in April 2022, covered it in July 2022.
Then plastered 2 rooms, burglar on the first flat with front and back door fixed. No windows, used nets and cotton to cover the windows, did suckaway and maintained one toilet for the family use.

And on 30th December, 2022, we finally moved in to the glory of Almighty God.

Because we currently have no money, every work is stalled for now.

Funding? Self done and borrowed, and it's very embarrassing because I am in serious debt.

If God will use you to bless us, please help us because we need all the help possible.

God bless you all

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Eastcoastboy(m): 5:01pm On Mar 10, 2023
ZombieSlayer1:

I build web apps that people subscribe to use. Currently have 4 different ones. Mostly focused on marketing, though I have a travel agency too. This is aside my software development agency in US and UK. I also run other smaller businesses too. I run a dog kennel. I breed and sell dogs though I do this one mostly as a hobby. The key is to diversify so money comes from different angles

I can write your ad-copy for little money.

If you want I can send a free trial copy to you.
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Eastcoastboy(m): 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2023
Moneyboyz:
Update, your cheapest option is to buy a house.

I got a sweet deal on mine, 11.5 for a very beautiful house that has never been lived in on a full plot of land. I only did some minor modifications.
That's where I live now.

Was it auctioned? Cus I know recently EFCC auctioned some seized house at a very cheap price.
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Eastcoastboy(m): 5:06pm On Mar 10, 2023
Sukkyy2010:

This you dialogue is sound but not extremely perfect, acquiring a landed property or even build or buy a real estate asset ( when I say real estate I'm not talking about family apartment house which fake asset but a rental apartment house that can be lent out to generate passive income).
Acquiring such property is also a wise financial decision. Let me use my personal case study here, couple of Year back I was in a particular temporary hustle which I embarked to gather fund for my dream business I notice I was having more than enough fund to initiate my dream business so I decided to take some out of the excessive fund and purchase a landed property so as to save the money from inflation ( inflation it reduces value of money) now I have the continuous appreciative property while I'm also with enough fund to start a business now, the bottom line of this my submission is you can still acquired such property at a moderate financial level that won't hit much the total earned fund while you proceed in digging more cash flow along side.

I really like your submission it's very financial educative.

I liked how you succinctly made your points without any form of Insults or banter, it takes a man with deep profound knowledge to communicate in such manner.

Kudos boss.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Nawteemaxie(m): 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
seanwilliam:
4 weeks

Na hut you build?
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Nawteemaxie(m): 5:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
alphaconde:
Still Battling with my first

Roofing to be completed next week.

16m gone

Delta state

Hotel? Or private home?
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Moneyboyz: 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2023
Eastcoastboy:

Was it auctioned? Cus I know recently EFCC auctioned some seized house at a very cheap price.

It wasn't, infact I saw a 5M house that has been completed, all it needs is fence, water, wiring and tiles.
See just go Ogun state and tell agents you want to buy house the prices you will see will amaze you.
Na inside estate my own even dey. The person was abroad and needed it sold.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Blueace247(f): 5:26pm On Mar 10, 2023
Eastcoastboy:

What's this about?

It's my site.. Talks about content writing tips and services...

1 Like

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by jagaban002(m): 5:34pm On Mar 10, 2023
Eastcoastboy:

Omoh! E get where e reach, I shout!

You spend close to 20-25 million then.

Tuale boss!
Around 30m sir , to , I didn't even mentions some things , window blinds , rails for the step and some places inside the house , furniture tv stand , chairs and so on .
How parole long small my brother but nah God dey do am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Architectural designs of Duplex and boungalow at Affordable Price 08096365063 / Exquisite home at Amen Estate, Eleko, Lekki. with Pics / Is 60M Naira Enough To Build A 20 Room Hotel And Event Hall?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.