Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) (5411 Views)

Don't Make The Mistake Of Marrying Women In These Categories / What Are Advantages & Disadvantages Of Marrying Nigerian Girl Born In America? / The Disadvantage Of Marrying A Fat Woman (see Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by ravensckar(m): 7:18am On Mar 09, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Thanks! Now you can quietly leave this thread and go on to create your own thread with the advantages of marriage. Your opinion is not needed hia.
Sure, you won't need any voice of reasoning because your intent of creating this thread is to mislead as many harebrained misogynists as yourself. Ab initio, your explanation of marriage as a relationship that is based on needs and want is farther from the truth. Perhaps, when you know what marriage truly entails, you'll come back to refute all the bunkum and gibberish that you typed up there.

Until then, continue wallowing in your delusion grandeur. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by ravensckar(m): 7:51am On Mar 09, 2023
okrikaboi:

Doesn't change the fact that 90% of married people just want to be single again! The courts are choked up with divorce cases, I don't see a reason why I have to gamble my freedom when I can live a fulfilled life without a wife.
First of all, that statistics that 90% of married people want to be single again is an outright lie that can only be peddled by one who learnt from the legendary Lie Muhammed (Nigeria's minister of miscommunication). You don't have any statistics to back it up, just mere conjecture.

Secondly, being married doesn't take away your so-called 'freedom' unless of course you're referring to being wayward or that you married a harebrained creature like yourself. I'll give you an instance, my wife once told me that she'd love to have her nose pierced and I told her to go for it if it makes her happy. And she did! In one of our discussions, she had said that she wasn't free to explore as a child (under her parents) and that she's glad she married a liberal like me who doesn't restrict her from enjoying the things that she loves in the name of marriage.

I on the other hand, I'm a gamer. I play video games a lot whenever I'm on leave and she even joins me (even though she can only play MK and Car Racing). As young as my children are, they have also started playing video games with me. So, where's all this lack of freedom that you guys are experiencing coming from? Perhaps the 'freedom' you meant is the one that involves 'having sex with random ladies'. cheesy cheesy

In summary, if your Comprehension skills are as good as your criticism of marriage, you'll remember I said marriage is a human interaction in which both parties act upon each other to produce an effect. The day many of you (anti-marriage advocates) understand this, that's the day you folks will be cured of your congenital misconceptions. Now, if you'll excuse me.....

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by Banilla: 9:11am On Mar 09, 2023
advanceDNA:

U clearly have a challenge seeing things from.people's perpective ....he doesnt have to share both sides of marriage....pple do it all the time on nairaland....another moniker opens a new thread to counter arguments ..no big deal...he doesnt have to do it ur way
You have comprehension issues. grin

You didn't read this?

Since he didn't, he's just posting his opinion which is: there's no disadvantage of having a wife (read the title). But his father would disagree, no? And millions of other happily married men. Therefore, his opinion is biased and toxic and illogical.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by Banilla: 9:18am On Mar 09, 2023
advanceDNA:

Na woman she go be...na dem dey carry marriage matter for head
Assuming my gender? grin

One poor man doesn't want to get married, who cares? The op hasn't made any impact, billions of men would still get married and have children. He's only achieved 15minutes fame on a forum on the internet. Congratulations. grin

The fact that you think what happens here matters in the real world tells alot. grin

If I wanted to get married, I wouldn't choose the op, wouldn't choose you either. Are you successful? Rich? Handsome? Don't think so. You're a beta male. Don't flatter yourself.
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by advanceDNA: 9:43am On Mar 09, 2023
Banilla:
Assuming my gender? grin

One poor man doesn't want to get married, who cares? The op hasn't made any impact, billions of men would still get married and have children. He's only achieved 15minutes fame on a forum on the internet. Congratulations. grin

The fact that you think what happens here matters in the real world tells alot. grin

If I wanted to get married, I wouldn't choose the op, wouldn't choose you either. Are you successful? Rich? Handsome? Don't think so. You're a beta male. Don't flatter yourself.

Yawn!!... u assume alot...
U know he's poor ...how?? Or u just want to insult him for his opinion
...leave the impact...there's no way to measure it for real...and quit ur fallacies and assumption for once.
u cant assume a site thousands of pple view will have zero impact. Do u even know how data is collated from many sites these days and used to form basis of research? Jeez!!

Lol...she said what happens here has no impact.??..tell that to śeun making huge money from nairaland...

No one here is asking to marry you ...how did we arrive at ur outburst that u dont want to marry me or the op?? Did we ask you?? You are tge one flattering urself thinking i or anyone here is interested in you in the first place...

All ur ranting just shows i was right that u women will come here and rant over the op's opinion... its just an opinion..why are u triggered by it so much..?? grin
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by FRANCISTOWN: 10:00am On Mar 09, 2023
ravensckar:
Sure, you won't need any voice of reasoning because your intent of creating this thread is to mislead as many harebrained misogynists as yours. Ab initio, your explanation of marriage as a relationship that is based on needs and want cannot be farther from the truth. Perhaps, when you know what marriage truly entails, you'll come back to refute all the bunkum and gibberish that you typed up there.

Until then, continue wallowing in your delusion grandeur. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thanks, keep enjoying your marriage.
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by advanceDNA: 10:04am On Mar 09, 2023
Banilla:
You have comprehension issues. grin

You didn't read this?

Btw...I dont have to assume ur gender...its clear from ur chat pattern....
Now.......u are the one with the issues here...Its the op's opinion..he can write it how ever he likes...he doesnt have to say his mind how u want it....u are the one thats not getting it...

Furthermore...U assume alot....and its not a nice way of dialoguing....just because a person is married for 30 years doesnt mean they wont advice someone else against marriage....so it is possible his father can agree with his opinion..

I have seen many successful people who went to college but said college is a waste of time..if they could go back in time...they would take back their 4 years and use it for something more productive.....

I have seen plenty bankers with big houses and cars but advice young graduates against a banking career...

.i have seen plenty older men tell young men that if they can, its better to be single, even though they have been married for many decades...

Life is not black and white...no need to view it that way,
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by Albertone(m): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2023
kazyhm:

At the bolded......the reason men don't like to grant divorce is women want to quit with life long benefits..........as if divorce is equal to retirement...........

Divorce will be the easiest if partners wouldn't make demands.......they refer to it as divorce settlements...........why will you file for divorce with throat cutting demand...

True and it's sometimes backed by the law.

Divorce in the western world is even a no go area. If you're not financially strong, you risk plunging into poverty.
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by Banilla: 10:05am On Mar 09, 2023
advanceDNA:

Yawn!!... u assume alot...
U know he's poor ...how?? Or u just want to insult him for his opinion
...leave the impact...there's no way to measure it for real...and quit ur fallacies and assumption for once.
u cant assume a site thousands of pple view will have zero impact. Do u even know how data is collated from many sites these days and used to form basis of research? Jeez!!

Lol...she said what happens here has no impact.??..tell that to śeun making huge money from nairaland...

No one here is asking to marry you ...how did we arrive at ur outburst that u dont want to marry me or the op?? Did we ask you?? You are tge one flattering urself thinking i or anyone here is interested in you in the first place...

All ur ranting just shows i was right that u women will come here and rant over the op's opinion... its just an opinion..why are u triggered by it so much..?? grin
Lmao. If you think the op has changed the minds of a thousand, no a hundred men then you're a clown. Even the so-called aphas here are simps offline...

You said I'm a woman who carries marriage matter on her head... I'm telling you now that there are billions of men willing to settle down, you're not a great loss. grin

Or you don't agree that women have many options? grin
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by Albertone(m): 10:16am On Mar 09, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

John 16:13 Jesus said the Holy Spirit cannot speak of himself but whatever he(Jesus) asks him to speak. And Jesus said "God in the begining created them man and woman" not husband and wife.

Matthew 19:4-6

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’
5 And said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?
6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.

😐😐😐
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by Banilla: 10:17am On Mar 09, 2023
advanceDNA:

That's an assumption. undecided

Now.......u are the one with the issues here...Its the op's opinion..he can write it how ever he likes...he doesnt have to say his mind how u want it....u are the one thats not getting it...
You have serious issues.

I initially stated that the op is airing his biased opinion, that he doesn't have to since he's entitled to his choice... Then you countered me saying he's trying to expose men to the reality of marriage.... So I asked, 'if that's his motive, why focus only on the cons?'... Now you're back to this. grin

He has the right to his opinions. Doesn't change the fact that they are toxic and illogical.

Furthermore...U assume alot....and its not a nice way of dialoguing....just because a person is married for 30 years doesnt mean they wont advice someone else against marriage....so it is possible his father can agree with his opinion..
Again, you're the one assuming. Same way another man who's been married for 30years would promote it. You're demonizing something that's endured the test of time. So the problem isn't marriage but the people with shi**y values.

I have seen many successful people who went to college but said college is a waste of time..if they could go back in time...they would take back their 4 years and use it for something more productive.....
And you've also seen people who are successful going back to college to get a degree.

I have seen plenty bankers with big houses and cars but advice young graduates against a banking career...
And plenty of bankers who would choose the career again and again.

.i have seen plenty older men tell young men that if they can, its better to be single, even though they have been married for many decades...
And even more married men disappointed in younger men who choose to remain single

Precisely. Don't ignore the white, show us both colours if you wanna be honest.
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by FRANCISTOWN: 10:17am On Mar 09, 2023
advanceDNA:

On my WhatsApp Status story, there is no name these ladies haven't called me. They've called me a monster, serpent, worst of worst, devil, they said I'm wicked, I'm heartless ,I'm full of myself, I'm too arrogant, I'm this I'm that, but do you know the most appalling thing? That's it, they still check my WhatsApp story from time to time. My posts do not target Women, they are not too relevant like that for me to focus on them (Except my family members) I only focus on the most important gender which is the male.
I'll be sure to mention you when I share the stories. Your sense of reasoning is amazing.
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by advanceDNA: 10:21am On Mar 09, 2023
Banilla:
Lmao. If you think the op has changed the minds of a thousand, no a hundred men then you're a clown. Even the so-called aphas here are simps offline...

You said I'm a woman who carries marriage matter on her head... I'm telling you now that there are billions of men willing to settle down, you're not a great loss. grin

Or you don't agree that women have many options? grin

I ddnt think or say he has changed the mind of thousands....i said u cant measure the impact so dont assume.....jeez!!!...why do u like to assume alot when u dialogue...
..u jump from A to Z like a gazelle....i dont know if u do it so u can have a reason to insult or u are finding it hard following the context of the discussion...

There are billions of men who want to settle down?? Okay...i never disputed this statement with you....

But talking about options....its the men that do the asking out...so technically, its men that choose and its men that have options
Unlike u women...though u carry marrige on your head but cant chose whenver u want simce most of u cant ask men out.

...u have to wait to be chosen.... and thats why the statistics shows there more single women in their 30s who have never been married than men......

So yeah...in theory...there are millions of options for u women...in reality u have to eait to be chosen...so ur choice becomes limited since u have to wait and even sometimes settle for men u dont technically want
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by FRANCISTOWN: 10:24am On Mar 09, 2023
Albertone:

True and it's sometimes backed by the law.
Divorce in the western world is even a no go area. If you're not financially strong, you risk plunging into poverty.

We are messengers of liberation. We must keep our brothers posted. Even if they'll marry, they'll go in with the right mentality and to put appropriate measures in place. They will not be deceived. They will always be on guard.
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by Banilla: 10:30am On Mar 09, 2023
advanceDNA:

I ddnt think or say he has changed the mind of thousands....i said u cant measure the impact so dont assume.....jeez!!!...why do u like to assume alot when u dialogue...
..u jump from A to Z like a gazelle....i dont know if u do it so u can have a reason to insult or u are finding it hard following the context of the discussion...
I know you didn't say that. You mentioned thousands of people viewing the thread, I'm telling you that most of them weren't affected... You forgot what you wrote? undecided

There are billions of men who want to settle down?? Okay...i never disputed this statement with you....

But talking about options....its the men that do the asking out...so technically, its men that choose and its men that have options
Unlike u women...though u carry marrige on your head but cant chose whenver u want simce most of u cant ask men out.

...u have to wait to be chosen.... and thats why the statistics shows there more single women in their 30s who have never been married than men......

So yeah...in theory...there are millions of options for u women...in reality u have to eait to be chosen...so ur choice becomes limited since u have to wait and even sometimes settle for men u dont technically want
You don't even understand.

The average woman gets approached by a lot of men. That gives her options, to decide who to date or not. So if you decide to remain single, like the hundreds of thousands of priests and monks, no woman would care. No one would even notice. That's what you should remember.

The women who didn't marry early, do you know how many suitors they rejected? Even the most unattractive woman has a higher chance of finding someone. grin

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by advanceDNA: 10:32am On Mar 09, 2023
Banilla:
That's an assumption. undecided

Precisely. Don't ignore the white, show us both colours if you wanna be honest.

He doesnt have to show you both....pple dont have to give their views how u want it....... its not dishonesty...its called writing from a single perspective

.an article or write up can be about pros only ...it can be about cons only....and it can be about both......it all depends on the writer...

If i say women are beautiful...its a perspective /context..... i am not being dishonest even though there are tons of ugly women in the world

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by advanceDNA: 10:41am On Mar 09, 2023
Banilla:
I know you didn't say that. You mentioned thousands of people viewing the thread, I'm telling you that most of them weren't affected... You forgot what you wrote? undecided

You don't even understand.

The average woman gets approached by a lot of men. That gives her options, to decide who to date or not. So if you decide to remain single, like the hundreds of thousands of priests and monks, no woman would care. No one would even notice. That's what you should remember.

The women who didn't marry early, do you know how many suitors they rejected? Even the most unattractive woman has a higher chance of finding someone. grin

U are just talking theory.....

Theory is that u can be approached by 100 men in a week...reality is that u may nit even be approached by any man in 6 months.

U are not seeing reality...Rejecting suitors shows just how limited ur options are.....and the fact that u cant choose or ask the men u want out when u see them shows just how incapacitated you women are even though u claim u have many options.....

Be truthful...havent u heard the statement "he was never my spec but i just said yes because he was bugging me so i later liked him" thats the reality of the gender that doesnt have the luxury of asking out men whenever they want

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by Banilla: 10:41am On Mar 09, 2023
advanceDNA:

He doesnt have to show you both....pple dont have to give their views how u want it....... its not dishonesty...its called writing from a single perspective

.an article or write up can be about pros only ...it can be about cons only....and it can be about both......it all depends on the writer...

If i say women are beautiful...its a perspective /context..... i am not being dishonest even though there are tons of ugly women in the world

Now we are back to the beginning... Thank you for the time wasted. grin

This isn't a 'Women are beautiful' topic.

The op wrote, "The disadvantages of marrying a wife"... Didn't he? Then he included that his parents have been happily married for 50years, meaning he knows there are advantages of marriage too. So his entire write up is biased.

If you say, "All women are beautiful" then end it with "Some women are not beautiful", you've contradicted yourself. You're being dishonest.
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by Banilla: 10:46am On Mar 09, 2023
advanceDNA:

Theory is that u can be approached by 100 men in a week...reality is that u may nit even be approached by any man in 6 months.

U are not seeing reality...Rejecting suitors shows just how limited ur options are.....and the fact that u cant choose or ask the men u want out when u see them shows just how incapacitated you women are even though u claim u have many options.....

Be truthful...havent u heard the statement "he was never my spec but i just said yes because he was bugging me so i later liked him" thats the reality of the gender that doesnt have the luxury of asking out men whenever they want

You obviously don't know what it's like being a woman. grin

A woman in her youth gets approached a lot... You don't believe me? Change your gender to female for a week. grin

Those who settle for less are often older women desperate to get married. undecided
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by FRANCISTOWN: 10:48am On Mar 09, 2023
Albertone:

Matthew 19:4-6

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’
5 And said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?
6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.

😐😐😐

No 1. Give an example of anyone that God joined together in the Bible except Hosea in Hosea 1:1-2.

No 2. God didn't intend marriage, God had to support them just like he supported them when they wanted a king though it was not his plan for them 1 Sam 8:4-22 (but what ended it, they moved from one problem to another) because it wasn't God's plan initially.

No 3. In 1 Cor 7, Paul the chiefest apostle even proposed that they be as single as he was. So what are you telling me?

You can't tell God you want something and tell him you do not want again, so they had to deal with it like that.
Also in Mal 2: 16 ,
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by Albertone(m): 10:48am On Mar 09, 2023
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by advanceDNA: 10:58am On Mar 09, 2023
Banilla:

You obviously don't know what it's like being a woman. grin

A woman in her youth gets approached a lot... You don't believe me? Change your gender to female for a week. grin

Those who settle for less are often older women desperate to get married. undecided

Lol......u still dodging reality.....I like it when pple chat from reality....

A lady in her prime...can be approached by 100 men in a day..yes......but please explain the reality, why many of u in your 30's are not married if u all get approached by hundreds of men and ur options re truly limited?? Tell me??

I'll xplain it to you....the so called choice u claim u have is in reality very limited because u cant maximize ur choice since u cant ask the u like men out when u see them..
.. u have to wait to be approached sometimes u settle for what u dont want..
...both women in their 20s and 30s settle.. its not always about desperation....its Undertsmading that ur exact spec may never approach u...
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by Albertone(m): 11:00am On Mar 09, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

No 1. Give an example of anyone that God joined together in the Bible except Hosea in Hosea 1:1-2.

No 2. God didn't intend marriage, God had to support them just like he supported them when they wanted a king though it was not his plan for them 1 Sam 8:4-22 (but what ended it, they moved from one problem to another) because it wasn't God's plan initially.

No 3. In 1 Cor 7, Paul the chiefest apostle even proposed that they be as single as he was. So what are you telling me?

You can't tell God you want something and tell him you do not want again, so they had to deal with it like that.
Also in Mal 2: 16 ,

If you don't intend for your child to be a thief, will you support him or her stealing?

God didn't want Adam to be alone so he created Eve(a female). They lived as couples and bore children. Why didn't he create a male?

God said don't commit fornication. That means you must be married before you have sex.
God said don't commit adultery, only married people can commit adultery.
If God is against marriage, he won't give us rules relating to marriage.

God said wives should submit to their husbands and husbands should love their wives. Why is God mentioning husbands and wives if he didn't intend marriage?

There are people who choose to be single. They are Eunuchs. However, you mustn't have sex nor bear children. So of course, you can be single.
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by Banilla: 11:06am On Mar 09, 2023
advanceDNA:

Lol......u still dodging reality.....I like it when pple chat from reality....

A lady in her prime...can be approached by 100 men in a day..yes......but please explain the reality, why many of u in your 30's are not married if u all get approached by hundreds of men and ur options re truly limited?? Tell me??

I'll xplain it to you....the so called choice u claim u have is in reality very limited because u cant maximize ur choice since u cant ask the u like men out when u see them..
.. u have to wait to be approached sometimes u settle for what u dont want..
...both women in their 20s and 30s settle.. its not always about desperation....its Undertsmading that ur exact spec may never approach u...

We're talking about marriage... Not marriage with your ideal.

If a woman is desperate to get married, she can. Whether it's with the man she wants or not. Deciding to reject a hundred suitors in favour of her spec only means she has high standards. It's common sense

If we're talking about preference, many men settle for less too. If the op had options, he would easily find miss perfect instead of wailing here that she doesn't exist. Same goes for the redpillers commenting, "all women are bad"... grin
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by advanceDNA: 11:07am On Mar 09, 2023
Banilla:
Now we are back to the beginning... Thank you for the time wasted. grin

This isn't a 'Women are beautiful' topic.

The op wrote, "The disadvantages of marrying a wife"... Didn't he? Then he included that his parents have been happily married for 50years, meaning he knows there are advantages of marriage too. So his entire write up is biased.

If you say, "All women are beautiful" then end it with "Some women are not beautiful", you've contradicted yourself. You're being dishonest.

Sigh! She said i am wasting her time.. grin
u dont know how dialoguing with you is ...
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by advanceDNA: 11:10am On Mar 09, 2023
Banilla:

We're talking about marriage... Not marriage with your ideal.

If a woman is desperate to get married, she can. Whether it's with the man she wants or not. Deciding to reject a hundred suitors in favour of her spec only means she has high standards. It's common sense

If we're talking about preference, many men settle for less too. If the op had options, he would easily find miss perfect instead of wailing here that she doesn't exist. Same goes for the redpillers commenting, "all women are bad"... grin

"All women are bad" is a context....obviously all women cant be bad...but u women get triggered by small matters

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by FRANCISTOWN: 11:43am On Mar 09, 2023
Albertone:

If you don't intend for your child to be a thief, will you support him or her stealing?

I thought you people said God gave people free will, where did that free will disappear to? Adam wanted Eve and God didn't object, same way the Isrealites wanted a king and still he didn't object. So what are you telling me?

Albertone:

God didn't want Adam to be alone so he created Eve(a female). They lived as couples and bore children. Why didn't he create a male?
Lemme show you something. Do you know that there are some organisms called hermaphrodites? They reproduce thru asexual reproduction. We can see that in earthworms. That could be God's initial plan for Adam and Eve, but due to Adam's free will which God didn't want to revoke, he had to allow him do his thing. What you should ask yourself was , why was it that the first thing that came out of marriage was The fall of man?. The first marriage according to the Bible, brought about the fall of man. Sometimes I wonder why people don't think about this at all.

Albertone:

God said don't commit fornication. That means you must be married before you have sex.
God said don't commit adultery, only married people can commit adultery.
If God is against marriage, he won't give us rules relating to marriage.
After the fall of Adam and Eve, didn't God still help them? Did he not cover them up after they messed up for taking the wrong decision? The same way God had to step in to help them all in marriage since they made that wrong decision as well.

Albertone:

God said wives should submit to their husbands and husbands should love their wives. Why is God mentioning husbands and wives if he didn't intend marriage?

When Adam and Eve were sent out of Eden, God still gave them instructions that would help them. The same way with marriage, God had seen that you people already made the mistake of marriage there nothing much that can be done but rather to give you guidelines to manage the headache well. Those were guidelines, since you guys already changed God's plan initially.

Albertone:

There are people who choose to be single. They are Eunuchs. However, you mustn't have sex nor bear children. So of course, you can be single.

God didn't create a wife for himself, after the resurrection of the dead. All marriages will be nullified. It means marriages are not recognized in heaven. Apostle Paul didn't marry, and he was the chiefest of the Apostle, had access to mysteries and visions more than any of them all. Yet God didn't tell him to marry. Marriage is forced on us by the society, and we must let people see that.

I appreciate the fact that you have delivered your points without any insults so far, this conversation is mature.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by okrikaboi: 11:48am On Mar 09, 2023
ravensckar:
First of all, that statistics that 90% of married people want to be single again is an outright lie that can only be peddled by one who learnt from the legendary Lie Muhammed (Nigeria's minister of miscommunication). You don't have any statistics to back it up, just mere conjecture.

Secondly, being married doesn't take away your so-called 'freedom' unless of course you're referring to being wayward or that you married a harebrained creature like yourself. I'll give you an instance, my wife once told me that she'd love to have her nose pierced and I told her to go for it if it makes her happy. And she did! In one of our discussions, she had said that she wasn't free to explore as a child (under her parents) and that she's glad she married a liberal like me who doesn't restrict her from enjoying the things that she loves in the name of marriage.

I on the other hand, I'm a gamer. I play video games a lot whenever I'm on leave and she even joins me (even though she can only play MK and Car Racing). As young as my children are, they have also started playing video games with me. So, where's all this lack of freedom that you guys are experiencing coming from? Perhaps the 'freedom' you meant is the one that involves 'having sex with random ladies'. cheesy cheesy

In summary, if your Comprehension skills are as good as your criticism of marriage, you'll remember I said marriage is a human interaction in which both parties act upon each other to produce an effect. The day many of you (anti-marriage advocates) understand this, that's the day you folks will be cured of your congenital misconceptions. Now, if you'll excuse me.....
I did not use verbal abuse:
Anyway, your depiction of your own marriage does not define every marriage and if you would put in a little effort to use 1% of your already weak brain cells you would understand that marriage in Nigeria is a major social responsibility so a lot of people marry for the wrong reasons. They gain nothing and experience no bliss and become resentful over the years. You need a high level of tolerance to even cohabit with your parents and siblings for 20years how much more marriage that can last for 50years. There are facts to back it up go and read, stop showcasing your stupidity on nairaland, demanding respect simply because you got married. Abusing the word congenital,,, trying to speak English you don't understand. I am in no way encouraging people to marry or not, but because you want to defend your delusions you quickly started jerking off on my simple comment. Go and enjoy your marriage while it's fresh and leave us who make meaningful contributions to society to carry on with our single happy lives.

Muchas Gracias Dumbo
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by okrikaboi: 11:52am On Mar 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Do you date for any of the reasons listed above? What Mr. A considers a win may not be what Mr. B considers the same. For instance, for the longest in most Nigerian cultures, the men folk have considered having women folk bow to them in marriage, and passing their genes to the next generation has for long been considered a crown of achievement. I think of it as foolishness but to our ancestors, it was the mark of their manhood so to speak. undecided

2. Strategic in the sense that? If you have never gotten your heart broken before, what about the other person who you were supposedly in a relationship with? That person may have invested emotions with hopes that it would yield more than what you went in expecting. Of course, he/she lost out but that is no reason not to try his/her luck again with someone else. We all hope to win, even knowing that the odds may sometimes be against us. The gambler in us refuses to quit because deep down we sometimes fear that if we quit, life itself looses part of its meaning and allure for us, and that is something to fear. undecided

What I am saying is, if we are honest, absolutely nothing in life is worth it. Not even hanging on a moment longer to life is worth it at the end of the day. However, we do it nonetheless, because we want still to believe it can all be worth it. Marriage is just one of those things. undecided

3. It may be that for you but people have very different reasons for pursuing a marriage relationship. And to each, the gamble has got to be worth it.

In my first comment on this thread I made an attempt to dissuade the OP from trying to make people see reasons with him because we men will pick our poison by ourselves. Some people took my post personal. Thank you for being reasonable Sir, there's still hope for Nigeria with people like you.
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by Albertone(m): 1:07pm On Mar 09, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

I thought you people said God gave people free will, where did that free will disappear to? Adam wanted Eve and God didn't object, same way the Isrealites wanted a king and still he didn't object. So what are you telling me?
If God gave us free will, there won't be 10 commandments. There is no free will. He is our creator and he directs us on what he wants us to do.

Lemme show you something. Do you know that there are some organisms called hermaphrodites? They reproduce thru asexual reproduction. We can see that in earthworms. That could be God's initial plan for Adam and Eve, but due to Adam's free will which God didn't want to revoke, he had to allow him do his thing. What you should ask yourself was , why was it that the first thing that came out of marriage was The fall of man?. The first marriage according to the Bible, brought about the fall of man. Sometimes I wonder why people don't think about this at all.
The first marriage brought about the fall of man because Adam and Eve thought they had free will. God commanded them not to eat the forbidden fruit, but they ate it.

Now, hermaphrodite is different from asexual. But I know you mean more of asexual.
Adam can't be asexual because asexual organisms don't have genitals. If Adam were asexual, he would have reproduced even before Eve was created. If Cows, Dogs, Cats, etc aren't asexual, how will a higher animal be? So that's not the case at all.

After the fall of Adam and Eve, didn't God still help them? Did he not cover them up after they messed up for taking the wrong decision? The same way God had to step in to help them all in marriage since they made that wrong decision as well.
He helped them but cursed them. Read Genesis and see where he cursed the male gender, female gender and even the Snake.
That's what you get for disobeying God.

When Adam and Eve were sent out of Eden, God still gave them instructions that would help them. The same way with marriage, God had seen that you people already made the mistake of marriage there nothing much that can be done but rather to give you guidelines to manage the headache well. Those were guidelines, since you guys already changed God's plan initially.
If marriage wasn't God's plan, he would have warned Adam and Eve not to couple up same way he warned them against forbidden fruit.

When the Israelites offended God by doing what he didn't plan for them, and they went to battle, they will lose the battle. That was the repercussion of their actions.
If God didn't plan marriage, anyone who does it will see the repercussion.
God won't normalize what he didn't plan just because people are doing it. Why didn't God normalize killings, stealing, worshipping other gods?

God didn't create a wife for himself, after the resurrection of the dead. All marriages will be nullified. It means marriages are not recognized in heaven. Apostle Paul didn't marry, and he was the chiefest of the Apostle, had access to mysteries and visions more than any of them all. Yet God didn't tell him to marry. Marriage is forced on us by the society, and we must let people see that.

I appreciate the fact that you have delivered your points without any insults so far, this conversation is mature.
If you want to use your whole life to serve God, you can decide not to marry. However, you must not engage in intercourse.
We have Reverend fathers, Reverend sisters, Popes and other Eunuchs.

Yes, marriages will not be recognized in heaven same way your wealth, status, fame etc won't be recognized.
Also, God is not man and doesn't need marriage.

tl;dr
Marriage is God's plan if not, he won't support it.
You can decide not to marry if you want to serve God with your whole life and body. But you mustn't engage in intercourse.
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by saladinnoir: 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2023
advanceDNA:

Thank you so much for saying this we men seriously overestimate the amount of times average women are approached on average. Some pretty women might meet the encounter rate but an average girl doesn't meet a new guy everyday or even every week.
Re: Disadvantages Of Marrying A Wife(for Guys) by Banilla: 4:12pm On Mar 09, 2023
saladinnoir:

Thank you so much for saying this we men seriously overestimate the amount of times average women are approached on average. Some pretty women might meet the encounter rate but an average girl doesn't meet a new guy everyday or even every week.

Create another account, change the gender to female... Your dm gets flooded before you've posted a single thing. undecided

Social media doesn't exist? Many people start relationships on the internet.

Even if a girl gets approached twice a month, that's still something... But we both know the average girl receives far more attention.

You don't approach women, that's your business. There are times, I've been asked out twice a day by different men and I'm not exceptionally pretty or anything.

But someone wants to console himself because he's never been asked out by a girl.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pls Help!!am Always Feeling Sex When Ever I Want To Ease My Self / Watch Amber Rose Twerking On Instagram (video) / Why Does She Ignore My Calls Even After We Had A Nice Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.