Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi (46473 Views)

"I'm Presently In Court" — Peter Obi Breaks Silence On Treason Statement By FG / "I Will Win In Court" - Peter Obi Says When Asked If He Will Contest In 2027 / My Husband Too Like Court - Peter Obi's Wife, Margaret (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by Ofunaofu: 8:17am On Mar 08, 2023
The Labour Party, LP, presidential candidate, Peter Obi on Wednesday disclosed why he would be heading to the Court of Appeal.

Obi said he was heading to the Appeal Court over the refusal of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to allow the LP inspect electoral materials used during the presidential election.

He disclosed this while lamenting over his inability to campaign for LP governorship candidates across the country.

Obi came third behind Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and the winner, Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Following his defeat, Obi had approached the court to contest his loss and asked to be allowed to inspect materials used during the election.

However, Obi, in a series of tweets, wrote: “I am supposed to commence our whistle-stop campaign for our various Labour Party Governorship and State Assembly Candidates today. Initially, my trip was to take me to Nasarawa, Lagos, Enugu, Abia, Delta, Edo, Rivers, Plateau, Borno, etc.

“However, following INEC’s refusal to allow our party to inspect the materials (including BVAS) from the 25th February presidential elections, I am personally heading to the Court today with our lawyers.

“As we pursue due process and defer to the rule of law, I urge all the Obidients in the various states to continue campaigning for our candidates, namely, Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour in Lagos, Chijioke Edeoga in Enugu, Patrick Dakum in Plateau, Alex Otti in Abia, Ken Pela in Delta,

“Ibrahim Mshelia in Borno, to name just a few. It is also imperative that Obidients vote for candidates with Competence, Character, Capacity, and Compassion. I remain committed and will give more attention to our mission of retrieving our mandate. A new Nigeria is possible!”

https://dailypost.ng/2023/03/08/presidential-election-why-im-personally-heading-to-appeal-court-peter-obi/

290 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by Faber(m): 8:18am On Mar 08, 2023
Okay

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by DispatcherLagos: 8:20am On Mar 08, 2023
We shall reclaim our mandate sir

418 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by Novarisammy2: 8:24am On Mar 08, 2023
our collective labour shall not be in vain

One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered.

366 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by TheBillyonaire: 8:26am On Mar 08, 2023
Lagos is very important.

210 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by DMerciful(m): 8:34am On Mar 08, 2023
A new Nigeria is possible

242 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by PandoraObi: 8:39am On Mar 08, 2023
God bless chief judge pastor Olukayode Ariwoola that will do the benediction after dismissing Peter Obi third position to go to his house and sin no more

162 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by bhella10: 8:41am On Mar 08, 2023
OYO lo wa ogbeni!

46 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by factcheckmmm: 8:47am On Mar 08, 2023
Okay
Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by DropsMic(m): 8:51am On Mar 08, 2023
OBI WE KNOW
OBI WE WANT

251 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by IgOga(m): 8:51am On Mar 08, 2023
grin grin grin

Atiku dey laugh Obi with one side of him mouth grin grin grin

42 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by ImoleNaija: 8:52am On Mar 08, 2023
We know that going to court is your hobby. grin

But...... Naija no be Anambra.

gfon:
e go shock you hahahaha, tell Tinubu to do a photocopy of the certificate now ooo. That original would be collected back

Shock me?
Do I look like Buhari to you?

How Obi wan take get 25% in 24 States? Stop daydreaming, abeg. Atiku is even closer to the mandate than Obi.

64 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by ecomalchemistt(m): 8:52am On Mar 08, 2023
ONi
Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by sofeo(m): 8:52am On Mar 08, 2023
Alright Boss

Check my Signature

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by fourboys: 8:52am On Mar 08, 2023
Obi is divine smiley

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by 4tomandchi: 8:52am On Mar 08, 2023
Person wey him wife confirm say e too like court watin I won talk again than to wish LUCK

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by Fragility6: 8:53am On Mar 08, 2023
IgOga:
grin grin grin

Atiku dey laugh Obi with one side of him mouth grin grin grin
He who laughs last laughs best

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:53am On Mar 08, 2023
God will see you thru to recover your mandate the man of the people. The evil hands holding down this nation will be broken into pieces.

They can rejoice for now but their end is near.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by Giftexx: 8:54am On Mar 08, 2023
PandoraObi:
God bless chief judge pastor Olukayode Ariwoola that will do the benediction after dismissing Peter Obi third position to go to his house and sin no more
Absolution not benediction

4 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by Moh247: 8:54am On Mar 08, 2023
cool

Goodluck

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by id4sho(m): 8:54am On Mar 08, 2023
APC should celebrate their victory in peace na, Why urchins panic at the sound of court
tongue

8 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by EmekaMD(m): 8:55am On Mar 08, 2023
Well meaning Nigerians are with you in this fight agains the establishment politicians

18 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by Ogsirsolo: 8:55am On Mar 08, 2023
Telling them to face their own life with style use and dump them lol grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by Fr33born(m): 8:55am On Mar 08, 2023
God be with you sir. Nigerians are solidly behind you.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by Letlovelead213: 8:55am On Mar 08, 2023
Obi go collect our mandate and leave governor ship election for us. We will give them woto woto back to back this weekend

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 8:55am On Mar 08, 2023
This is clear violation of court order.

This INEC is inviting military coup

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by Letlovelead213: 8:55am On Mar 08, 2023
Me way day dear to do person bad thing one yakubu go stand for public boldly collect 400b and extra 177B come announce results way no reflect the will of the people and still remain in Nigeria confidently like say nothing day happen.

Omo stuck your houses, End Sars 2:0 is on the way from wat I am hearing in Ibadan o

7 Likes

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 8:55am On Mar 08, 2023
The shameless criminal seating at the INEC helm should be arrested as a common criminal , chained and thrown behind a Hilux van to be detained in a military underground cellers.

He is a shameless criminal ,and stubborn at it.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidential Election: Why I’m Personally Heading To Appeal Court – Peter Obi by Tofax: 8:55am On Mar 08, 2023
Why is INEC in connivance with Tinubu want to rub Nigerians in broad daylight. INEC is suppose to be neutral but they're hellbent in imposing Tinubu on Nigeria in whatever means possible.
Quite pathetic!

26 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa / Photos Of Armed Robbers Intercepted By Buratai Convoy Along Numan-yola Road / Reno Omokri: Peter Obi Was The Main Rigger Of 2023 Election Not Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.