Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,046 members, 7,863,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:12 AM

Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State (51764 Views)

The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State / POLLS: Ijaws Table Jonathan’s Re-election Before Amasiekumor Deity -(PIC) / CAN President, Oritsejafor, Admits Ownership Of Cash-stacked Jet Seized In S.Afr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Obiagu1(m): 6:49am On Sep 22, 2011
ChinenyeN:

I know this wasn't directed me, but I've got to interject here. You're right in some cases, but this never happened without the settlers paying some kind of tribute, and a traditional distinction is always maintained. That's all I wanted to interject.

Sorry I modified the post but it was actually meant for Physics but you can comment though.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 6:56am On Sep 22, 2011
It's no problem. I only wanted to interject that one point.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by PhysicsQED(m): 7:27am On Sep 22, 2011
Obiagu, I understand the angle you're trying to argue from, but that angle is flawed and it may be due to the fact that you're viewing all of this out of historical context.

Let me provide the historical context.

Gelegele was a Bini village that was burned down to virtually nothing in February 10th 1897 by British soldiers under Captain O'Callaghan of the Royal Navy. It was a point of contact with Europeans for centuries and had received them with no problems or conflicts there. There was no Benin military presence there so it was captured and destroyed without a fight. When the British got to the town of Ughoton, they had an actual fight on their hands, but they took out Gelegele with no trouble. With the village of Gelegele destroyed, and the village itself being smaller to begin with than say, Ughoton, it made sense that there were fewer Binis that returned there.

After 1897, some Binis returned, but over time the Ijaws came to be predominant in the area.

That does NOT make Gelegele "Ijaw land" all of a sudden. The argument by the Binis that Gelegele is historical Benin land is backed by history.

The Ijaw never had a real traditional ruler there who was recognized by anyone else other than some Ijaws, although now they are trying to turn the community head of a settler population into a real traditional ruler.

It's this simple:

1. Binis found and occupy Gelegele for hundreds of years. Not only are they the founders, they are the majority inhabitants for centuries.
2. The British invade, and soldiers under Captain O'Callaghan burn Gelegele down to virtually nothing on February 10th, 1897.
3. Fewer Binis return to Gelegele after the defeat of Benin.
4. Some Ijaws populate the place for trade reasons. Later the place becomes most heavily inhabited by Ijaws.
5. Ijaws declare that the place is Ijaw land, and elevate a mere Ijaw community headman to "royalty" after oil is discovered there. A dispute with the Binis ensues.
6. A Midwestern government inquiry looks into the dispute and rules in the Binis' favor (1970), that the land is Edo land on which the Ijaws are tenants.
7. The case goes up to the level of the Supreme Court of Nigeria and the ruling is in the Binis' favor (1983).
8. The Ijaws continue their aggression over land that they have no real historical reason to be claiming.

All of this information is freely available and could be found out by anyone who was actually interested in looking at the history of the place objectively. Of course, if one doesn't know anything about the actual history of the place and that it was a majority Bini village for centuries, then one might make the mistake Ambrose Alli did, and assume that the Ijaw agitators had an actual case for their claims.

As for the example of your village that you gave. Read #5 on my list above and you'll see why this is a different kind of situation.

Also, different ethnic nationalities would probably not agree over issues of land as easily as different clans within the same ethnic group, so that alone makes it a more complicated situation.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Dede1(m): 11:59am On Sep 22, 2011
Ibime:

Since Nasoeb is a Bonny boy, Ndigbo should feel free to come and claim him. From his vituperations on this thread, a big shock awaits any Ndigbo who would try to claim a Bonny man as one of his own.

Ama means town in Ijaw

Whilst Wari means House or Compound.

It would seem the Southern Igbo took the name Ama from their Ijaw neighbours or vice-versa or perhaps its just a mere coincidence. I don't see the French claiming that they own the Television just because the English stole the word from France. Nor do the Romans own the word Bath just because they invented the Bath. The attempt by Dede to claim exclusivity of a word speaks more of his neanderthal approach to issues. Our forefathers have been exchaning wards and wares since Dede's great-great-great-great-great grandfather was wearing nappies.

There was no iota of attempt on my part to exclusively claim the word, AMA, for Ndigbo. I do not have such cultural or traditional authority to attempt such a thing. If there are individuals bent on changing or claiming words to suit their socio-political ends, I will honestly say Ijo. From Opu Obu, Amaikiri, Mmerenini, Mbagamba, Ama Onye anabo to Azumiri, Ijo have relentlessly tried to change the Igbo names and words to rhyme with the language spoken by Akens in (Gold Coast) later known as Ghana.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nasoeb: 12:01pm On Sep 22, 2011
Thanks ONLYTRUTH, quite mature of you

@udezue

The igbos might think they are more in number but honestly its not the number its the brain. only a fooll will think its the number which you are.

The igbos have always lived at our beck and call, they live at our command. though you may still be a kid but if you know any igbo living in Bonny or Opobo you can asked what happened 2007 from january till early 2009, taking june 15th 2008 into cognizance. Its not a boasting matter, you can asked call anyone or better still check online Tribune of that date. it is countless how many igbos lost their lives, those killed and drown in the see and those shot by our boys. the rest fled for their lives (why not stay and claim land. God punish una) , dont be deceive, forget numbers. I confidently tell you that is why Bonny have an Army Special Base up till today considering how many Army, Navy had there Heads CUT OFF, need less talking about the Police, you can as well get your facts from " CHANNEL CLINIC" as it was used as the official hospital then, send anyone to confirm this story as you claim to know Bonny, And the ironing of it all was that NON OF THESE BOYS WERE KILLED. as they were using powers beyond what the igbo man may ever dream of ( boats were seen empty but gun firing from it). I know all these as i was even appointed to "write up their agitations"  

I have given you reason why we became close and accepted the igbos (during the slave era they were the people we sold.) this made us very close to the igbos as the slaves encouraged our kids to learn the igbo language so they can effectively carry out there household chores, another prove, Nollywood movie 1995 - 1998 Not very sure, you will see it and i will urge a anyone to confirm.

I have always been on top of all igbos that come my way because they always think they are smart but foolish and baffle how i beat their fish brains. All my University days in Uniport (College of Health Science, anyone in Uniport can confirm) I headed a group called G-14 in charge of making some reforms precisely for the Faculty in close affiliations with SUG then, I was the only ijaw, 2 ikwerres and the remaining igbos but they fall to my command. even as am not there anymore but i still decide who becomes the President of that faculty based on my formulated rules, these at the midst of the so-called wise igbos who are nothing but FOOLs, Confirm in Uniport, College of Health Sciences

some igbo idiots should learn to cut the coats to their size and wake up from their slumber and stop thinking they are wise.

Only fools thinks every language spoken originates from Igbo

every land originate from igbo, where then did igbo language came from? From Heaven? God packaged igbo language in DHL and send to your igbos. well as fools which you are, you will not see that the so called igbo language could have originated from someones' else's language, FAT FOOLLS.

I have given you prove in all i say and will give you even more. i dont just talk for talking sake

this thread WAS NEVER YOUR CONCERN, But as the God-forsaken people you are, you will sure jump in.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Dede1(m): 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2011
PhysicsQED:

Obiagu, I understand the angle you're trying to argue from, but that angle is flawed and it may be due to the fact that you're viewing all of this out of historical context.

Gelegele was a large Bini village that was burned down to virtually nothing in February 10th 1897 by British soldiers under Captain O'Callaghan of the Royal Navy. It was a point of contact with Europeans for centuries and had received them with no problems or conflicts there. There was no Benin military presence there so it was captured and destroyed without a fight. When the British got to the town of Ughoton, they had an actual fight on their hands, but they took out Gelegele with no trouble. With the village of Gelegele destroyed, and the village itself being smaller to begin with than say, Ughoton, it made sense that there were fewer Binis that returned there.

After 1897, some Binis returned, but over time the Ijaws came to be predominant in the area.

That does NOT make Gelegele "Ijaw land" all of a sudden. The argument by the Binis that Gelegele is historical Benin land is backed by history.

The Ijaw never had a real traditional ruler there who was recognized by anyone else other than some Ijaws, although now they are trying to turn the community head of a settler population into a real traditional ruler.

It's this simple:

1. Binis found and occupy Gelegele for hundreds of years. Not only are they the founders, they are the majority inhabitants for centuries.
2. The British invade, and soldiers under Captain O'Callaghan burn Gelegele down to virtually nothing on February 10th, 1897.
4. Some Ijaws populate the place for trade reasons. Later the place becomes most heavily inhabited by Ijaws.
5. Ijaws declare that the place is Ijaw land, and elevate a mere Ijaw community headman to "royalty" after oil is discovered there. A dispute with the Binis ensues.
6. A Midwestern government inquiry looks into the dispute and rules in the Binis' favor (1970), that the land is Edo land on which the Ijaws are tenants.
7. The case goes up to the level of the Supreme Court of Nigeria and the ruling is in the Binis' favor (1983).
8. The Ijaws continue their aggression over land that they have no real historical reason to be claiming.

All of this information is freely available and could be found out by anyone who was actually interested in looking at the history of the place objectively. Of course, if one doesn't know anything about the actual history of the place and that it was a majority Bini village for centuries, then one might make the mistake Ambrose Alli did, and assume that the Ijaw agitators had an actual case for their claims.

As for the example of your village that you gave. Read #5 on my list above and you'll see why this is a different kind of situation.

Also, different ethnic nationalities would probably not agree over issues of land as easily as different clans within the same ethnic group, so that alone makes it a more complicated situation.

So-called Ijo were also porters to British Expeditionary forces. It is funny to read attempts by the Ijo to make us believe they have graduated from boat people to landowners.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 12:31pm On Sep 22, 2011
nasoeb:

I have given you reason why we became close and accepted the igbos (during the slave era they were the people we sold.) this made us very close to the igbos as the slaves encouraged our kids to learn the igbo language so they can effectively carry out there household chores, another prove, Nollywood movie 1995 - 1998 Not very sure, you will see it and i will urge a anyone to confirm.
Why do you people feel the need to lie so much about history? On all fronts, you people are lying. As a Bonny you ought to know better than to make this nonsense statement. Do you even know your own "Ijo traditions" well?
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nasoeb: 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2011
As the Proud ijaw man i am, i have always taken and accepted igbos very much more than i have to other tribes. I can not see and pass-by where an igbo is being victimize because they are more of my brothers. Many think am igbo for that.

But the thinking of some of them are just too alarming, Ah ah, Igbosikinaria
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nasoeb: 12:37pm On Sep 22, 2011
@ chinenyeN

i am talking to real igbos not to someone who don't where he/she came from. the igbos gave you piece of land to settle. dont worry soon they will want to harvest yam drive all you ngwa people out.

commot make i see better people jor
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2011
Lmaooooo @ Naseob, guy please present to us proof about your genocide of Igbos in Bonny or shut up. So unmanned boats were shooting bullets @ Igbos in Bonny? Wow wow please quit smoking Igbo, quit drinking ogogoro and report to the nearest psychiatric hospital. Number is not everything kid but also strength. You can't mess with the Igbo nation. The only time u tried it and had any success was during the civil war when some Ijo men turned Sabo on Biafra and u needed Nigerian army plus british weapons to help u out. Abandoned property happened because u had the FG to back your lazy backward thieving people up. On a regular day could u do it? Nope. The rest of your story is not worth responding to. Like I said if ur mama no born una well take ur fight north of Igbo land and let's see if u can live to tell that story.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2011
nasoeb:

@ chinenyeN

i am talking to real igbos not to someone who don't where he/she came from. the igbos gave you piece of land to settle. dont worry soon they will want to harvest yam drive all you ngwa people out.

commot make i see better people jor

Clarify the bolded, because I would rather not assume anything at this point.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 12:56pm On Sep 22, 2011
nasoeb:

As the Proud ijaw man i am, i have always taken and accepted igbos very much more than i have to other tribes. I can not see and pass-by where an igbo is being victimize because they are more of my brothers. Many think am igbo for that.

But the thinking of some of them are just too alarming,  Ah ah, Igbosikinaria  

Ironye. No one is buying this for a second, coming from 'the proud Ijo man you are'.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Dede1(m): 1:13pm On Sep 22, 2011
nasoeb:

Thanks ONLYTRUTH, quite mature of you

@udezue

The igbos might think they are more in number but honestly its not the number its the brain. only a fooll will think its the number which you are.

The igbos have always lived at our beck and call, they live at our command. though you may still be a kid but if you know any igbo living in Bonny or Opobo you can asked what happened 2007 from january till early 2009, taking june 15th 2008 into cognizance. Its not a boasting matter, you can asked call anyone or better still check online Tribune of that date. it is countless how many igbos lost their lives, those killed and drown in the see and those shot by our boys. the rest fled for their lives (why not stay and claim land. God punish una) , dont be deceive, forget numbers. I confidently tell you that is why Bonny have an Army Special Base up till today considering how many Army, Navy had there Heads CUT OFF, need less talking about the Police, you can as well get your facts from " CHANNEL CLINIC" as it was used as the official hospital then, send anyone to confirm this story as you claim to know Bonny, And the ironing of it all was that NON OF THESE BOYS WERE KILLED. as they were using powers beyond what the igbo man may ever dream of ( boats were seen empty but gun firing from it). I know all these as i was even appointed to "write up their agitations" 

I have always been on top of all igbos that come my way because they always think they are smart but foolish and baffle how i beat their fish brains. All my University days in Uniport (College of Health Science, anyone in Uniport can confirm) I headed a group called G-14 in charge of making some reforms precisely for the Faculty in close affiliations with SUG then, I was the only ijaw, 2 ikwerres and the remaining igbos but they fall to my command. even as am not there anymore but i still decide who becomes the President of that faculty based on my formulated rules, these at the midst of the so-called wise igbos who are nothing but FOOLs, Confirm in Uniport, College of Health Sciences

some igbo idiots should learn to cut the coats to their size and wake up from their slumber and stop thinking they are wise.

Only fools thinks every language spoken originates from Igbo

every land originate from igbo, where then did igbo language came from? From Heaven? God packaged igbo language in DHL and send to your igbos. well as fools which you are, you will not see that the so called igbo language could have originated from someones' else's language, FAT FOOLLS.

I have given you prove in all i say and will give you even more. i dont just talk for talking sake

this thread WAS NEVER YOUR CONCERN, But as the God-forsaken people you are, you will sure jump in.

This is pitiful ranting of a drunken ant. You must be a jaundiced troll if a slave rose to the position of royalty in your stinking domain.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nasoeb: 2:04pm On Sep 22, 2011
no blame to you arachnids, i only blam your oga who left his computer on for nwa-boys like you.

bring your igwe, i can manage to talk to him

IGNORE. pass the fools
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nduchucks: 2:21pm On Sep 22, 2011
My own view is that, To Keep Nigeria One Is A Task That Must Be Done!

Any one with the delusional view that there will be a separate nation carved out of Southern Nigeria must be foolish and shortsighted. Only one Nigeria will keep southerners, Ijaws, Benin people, Ndigbo, etc etc ati be be lo, from annihilating each other in the event of a break up of this great country. SMH
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2011
Physics OED,
I must confess your lines proved at least some Binis are reasonable. My posting to you responded to was a reply to all the sarcasm many Binis had made about Ijaws in the media. It is simply a shame that a few fools are trying to cause trouble . WAR between Ijaws and Binis are not necessary and have never happened. Bini has never invaded Ijaw and Ijaw has never in history occupied any body's land by force. Ijaws only settle at where they were never intimidated if not They d move. If ancient Binis never had a fight with Ijaws over any land why are Binis of today doing same ? Who is fighting the Ijaws in GELE GELE ? are they Binis who live in Gelegele or some Binis elsewhere ? People should reason, Bini people from another settlement can not come to GELE gele TO Claim that a town inhabited by another language group belongs to them . The forest surrounding the town could be of dispute but not the town itself . Are there any historical evidence of early Bini residence or activity in gele gele ? cemetery, shrine and family to mention a few ,

My mother's town in Rivers state called Bakana today is originally named OBA-AMA which was named after the title of the king from where they migrated from. The main founding family of that Kalabari Ijaw town were from the Ijaw settlements of the GELE GELE area at the Bini river and at that time the area was under Bini empire ( Empire does not mean they were Bini people ). The rise of Bini empire had the Binis ruling over several non Bini people ) and every one respected the OBA just as every one respect the king and queens of England under the British empire. That area Gelegele and the River Benin might be the original home of Ijaw people from where they dispersed to different places because many other Ijaws in Rivers state traced their root to the same spot, People should not lay claim to where they do not live,
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by okadaman2: 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

My own view is that, To Keep Nigeria One Is A Task That Must Be Done!

Any one with the delusional view that there will be a separate nation carved out of Southern Nigeria must be foolish and shortsighted. Only one Nigeria will keep southerners, Ijaws, Benin people, Ndigbo, etc etc ati be be lo, from annihilating each other in the event of a break up of this great country. SMH

Maybe the break-up or restructuring of this country will not be simply along that south north divide you are assuming. There is nothing terribly wrong with creating 100 countries out of the present Nigeria.

There are thriving countries with less than 500,000 people in them. No?

#justsaying
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Dede1(m): 2:47pm On Sep 22, 2011
It takes one “Nwa-boy” (housecleaner) to know another. When you are done talking to the delusional Ama Onye Anabo in the backwater called Bonny, you will stumble onto the real truth. But till than continue to wallow in your demented state of confused cretin.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by okadaman2: 2:59pm On Sep 22, 2011
killayut:

Physics OED,
I must confess your lines proved at least some Binis are reasonable. My posting to you responded to was a reply to all the sarcasm many Binis had made about Ijaws in the media. It is simply a shame that a few fools are trying to cause trouble . WAR between Ijaws and Binis are not necessary and have never happened. Bini has never invaded Ijaw and Ijaw has never in history occupied any body's land by force. Ijaws only settle at where they were never intimidated if not They d move. If ancient Binis never had a fight with Ijaws over any land why are Binis of today doing same ? Who is fighting the Ijaws in GELE GELE ? are they Binis who live in Gelegele or some Binis elsewhere ? People should reason, Bini people from another settlement can not come to GELE gele TO Claim that a town inhabited by another language group belongs to them . The forest surrounding the town could be of dispute but not the town itself . Are there any historical evidence of early Bini residence or activity in gele gele ? cemetery, shrine and family to mention a few ,

My mother's town in Rivers state called Bakana today is originally named OBA-AMA which was named after the title of the king from where they migrated from. The main founding family of that Kalabari Ijaw town were from the Ijaw settlements of the GELE GELE area at the Bini river and at that time the area was under Bini empire ( Empire does not mean they were Bini people ). The rise of Bini empire had the Binis ruling over several non Bini people ) and every one respected the OBA just as every one respect the king and queens of England under the British empire. That area Gelegele and the River Benin might be the original home of Ijaw people from where they dispersed to different places because many other Ijaws in Rivers state traced their root to the same spot, People ushould not lay claim to where they do not live,

That is why you all need to pressurize GEJ and your Senators to quit being lazy or greedy and take steps to fundamentally restructure this country.

This situation where Kings, Governors and President exercise so much control over most real estate, land and resource is NOT justice. The power of ownership must reside in the individual, else clannish wranglings will destroy us all one day!

We cannot keep sweeping this under the carpet. Nigeria is going to have to fundamentally restructure or die.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Obiagu1(m): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2011
PhysicsQED:

Gelegele was a large Bini village that was burned down to virtually nothing in February 10th 1897 by British soldiers under Captain O'Callaghan of the Royal Navy. It was a point of contact with Europeans for centuries and had received them with no problems or conflicts there. There was no Benin military presence there so it was captured and destroyed without a fight. When the British got to the town of Ughoton, they had an actual fight on their hands, but they took out Gelegele with no trouble. With the village of Gelegele destroyed, and the village itself being smaller to begin with than say, Ughoton, it made sense that there were fewer Binis that returned there.

It's this simple:

I have to admit that if that was the case, since the town/area was recently occupied by the Binis before it was destroyed by the British, then it is a Bini territory but at the same time, it is an Ijaw town now.
However, if the area remain with the Ijaws, over time, the Binis will probably lose the territory.

As for creating an Ijaw royalty, they have the right to choose how they are ruled. Igbos have Eze Igbo in every town they live.

As it stands now, if a Bini country and an Ijaw country were created tomorrow, Gelegele will be heavily contentious. My opinion is that Gelegele will become an Ijaw town in a Bini country and can't be carved out and added to an Ijaw country.

So my point is Gelegele is now an Ijaw town in Bini territory.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 5:15pm On Sep 22, 2011
@nasoeb

I reject your lame attempt to divide the Igbo and gain the upper hand here. I understand that you belief we are fools for being at peace with our neighbors, but I would still advise you to avoid altercations with Ndigbo anywhere in Nigeria. If what you boasted about in Bonny (which I believe is a ranting of a desperate and frustrated person undecided ) checks out, then, just know that a day would come when you attract the attention of the Igbo nation, and believe me you won't live to tell this story again.

Some of you think we are fools because some of us (I don't think that majority of us have though  undecided )forgave your role in Biafra. You boast of your magical powers, but you forget that we are Africans too just like you! undecided  Do you think you possess the exclusive power to vanish into thin air? Even young Igbo boys (yes "nwa boys"wink in Lagos possess such powers.  cool

But let me ask you, do you really believe that Ijaw would defeat Igbo in a REAL war? If you believe that, then, keep provoking a reaction; but be ready to go back to whereever your fathers came from.  cool

I hope you are not mistaking the advantage you gained temporarily through treachery against Biafra for superiority in war because my friend that would be truly delusional.

@ndu_chucks,

The exchanges between groups in southern Nigeria only proves that when (not if) Nigeria divides, the groups would be ready. Everybody would know his place. So, that division is chiseled in titanium.  cool
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Obiagu1(m): 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2011
@ OnlyTruth, don't mind him. The only reason the Ijaws have avoided conflict with the Igbo is that they will lose. Despite the fact that many of them loathe the Igbos, they can't muster the courage to engage them.
It'll be suicidal as the Igbo will find a reason to push their way to the ocean by force and link up with Igbo outposts of Bonny and Opobo.

I seriously await such a time as this irritation may have to be settled one day if peaceful coexistence is not possible.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2011
Posted by: Obiagu1

@ OnlyTruth, don't mind him. The only reason the Ijaws have avoided conflict with the Igbo is that they will lose. Despite the fact that many of them loath the Igbos, they can't muster the courage to engage them.
It'll be suicidal as the Igbo will find a reason to push their way to the ocean by force and link up with Igbo outposts of Bonny and Opobo.

I seriously await such a time as this irritation may have to be settled one day if peaceful coexistence is not possible.

LOL. I've tried to engage them on this site before, but they simply slipped away like eels. It is okay not to engage Igbo, but they should stop insulting us for being at peace with them. They would not like a hostile neighbor in Igboland 'cos a lot of our people are waiting for a slight reason to avenge their treachery.
For now, they have nothing to worry about, BUT, they should rein in folks like nasoeb because these types will attract the swarm of angry Igbo bees one day. Nuff said.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nduchucks: 5:40pm On Sep 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Obiagu1
I've tried to engage them on this site before, but they simply slipped away like eels. It is okay not to engage Igbo, but they should stop insulting us for being at peace with them. They would not like a hostile neighbor in Igboland 'cos a lot of our people are waiting for a slight reason to avenge their treachery.

You are a disgrace to Ndigbo and you continue to devalue Igbos on this forum. What treachery are you talking about and threatening to avenge? Have you avenged the lesson that Fulani herdsmen taught you recently, much more a non existent treachery you allege? SMH
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Chyz2: 5:42pm On Sep 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

You are a disgrace to Ndigbo and you continue to devalue Igbos on this forum. What treachery are you talking about and threatening to avenge? Have you avenged the lesson that Fulani herdsmen taught you recently, much more a non existent treachery you allege? SMH

Which lesson might that have been Ndu chucks? And also, I never knew fulanis were neighbors to Ndigbo. undecided
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2011
Posted by: ndu_chucks
You are a disgrace to Ndigbo and you continue to devalue Igbos on this forum. What treachery are you talking about and threatening to avenge?  Have you avenged the lesson that Fulani herdsmen taught you recently, much more a non existent treachery you allege? SMH

LOL. And have you asked your genocidal brother Murtala Muhammed how we dealt with him and his 70 vehicle military convoy at Abagana Anambra State?
That, my friend was a REAL military event; not some thieving armed robbers, some of whom were chased away by angry farmers wielding matchetes.

BTW tell nasoeb how many oil wells your brothers stole since 1967.
Atulu.  cool
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Obiagu1(m): 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

You are a disgrace to Ndigbo and you continue to devalue Igbos on this forum. What treachery are you talking about and threatening to avenge?  Have you avenged the lesson that Fulani herdsmen taught you recently, much more a non existent treachery you allege? SMH

What are you talking about? What lesson? Just because a few Fulani criminals committed crime in a town in which the town protested and now there is no Fulani left in that town and you're talking about lesson?

We have no Fulani neighbour and no Fulani town to attack. All we can do is drive them out of our towns if they remain troublesome. I think this topic was discussed before.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 5:55pm On Sep 22, 2011
@Obiagu1

Understand what that goat is trying to do.
He is trying to come off as a savior of the Ijaw by interjecting here; but smart folks can see that he is only interested in the oil blocks his brothers stole, some of which are making Ijaw land uninhabitable; hence Ijaw always quarreling with their neighbors over land. If the Northerners like ndu_chucks never stole oil wells, those lands would be managed better by decent humans.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Obiagu1(m): 5:59pm On Sep 22, 2011
^^^

You're very right.

@ndu_chucks, Arewa Republic will soon become a reality and I hope you are getting ready to pack your bags or remain loyal.
No more stealing of oil wells.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nduchucks: 6:23pm On Sep 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Obiagu1
He is trying to come off as a savior of the Ijaw by interjecting here; but smart folks can see that he is only interested in the oil blocks his brothers stole, some of which are making Ijaw land uninhabitable; hence Ijaw always quarreling with their neighbors over land.

nasoeb is handling you and the other usurpers quite well I might add. The thread was about Binis and Ijaws, but somehow, you people find ways to inject your expansionist and unpatriotic wishes into discussions. You are yet to prove that the Ijaws were not trading you people as slaves as claimed. olodo
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Dede1(m): 6:36pm On Sep 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

nasoeb is handling you and the other usurpers quite well I might add. The thread was about Binis and Ijaws, but somehow, you people find ways to inject your expansionist and unpatriotic wishes into discussions. You are yet to prove that the Ijaws were not trading you people as slaves as claimed. olodo

I thought you were better informed than these craps you spewed on this post.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nduchucks: 6:43pm On Sep 22, 2011
Dede1:

I thought your better informed than these craps you spewed on this post.

Do you have any evidence to disprove the claim that Igbos were traded as slaves by the Ijaws as claimed?  Do you deny that the utopian biafra would include alll land areas currently claimed as Ijaw land?

I'm all ears and wish to be informed.  I'd rather you speak for Ndigbo than the dullards parading themselves as champions of the the Igbo cause. The said  olodos include the likes of Onlytruth Chyz*, & Obiagu1.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply)

Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts / Nnamdi Kanu Cancels Kaduna Visit. See Reactions / 10 Governors Visit Dangote Refinery, Say It’s A Pride To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.