Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,499 members, 7,861,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:10 PM

Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State (51739 Views)

The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State / POLLS: Ijaws Table Jonathan’s Re-election Before Amasiekumor Deity -(PIC) / CAN President, Oritsejafor, Admits Ownership Of Cash-stacked Jet Seized In S.Afr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Obiagu1(m): 7:02pm On Sep 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Do you have any evidence to disprove the claim that Igbos were traded as slaves by the Ijaws as claimed?  Do you deny that the utopian biafra would include alll land areas currently claimed as Ijaw land?

I'm all ears and wish to be informed.  I'd rather you speak for Ndigbo than the dullards parading themselves as champions of the the Igbo cause. The said  olodos include the likes of Onlytruth Chyz*, & Obiagu1.

You're just a distraction. If you know nothing, better seal your lips!
Who were the Ijaws that traded Igbos as slaves? Mention names.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Dede1(m): 7:04pm On Sep 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Do you have any evidence to disprove the claim that Igbos were traded as slaves by the Ijaws as claimed?  Do you deny that the utopian biafra would include alll land areas currently claimed as Ijaw land?

I'm all ears and wish to be informed.  I'd rather you speak for Ndigbo than the dullards parading themselves as champions of the the Igbo cause. The said  olodos include the likes of Onlytruth Chyz*, & Obiagu1.

There was no single ethnicity in Africa that avoided the wave of slave trade. The seemly disconnect in the history of slave trade on the bight of Biafra has been created by people who were not the principal actors during activities of slavery. You must agree with me that a porter to Europeans has no tangible contribution to transaction which involved slave. The principal actors from Ejike, Opara, Owerri, Kamalu, Opu kara Onye, Alagbara to Amaikiri including their sidekicks such as Ediabali, Edimiri, Odum, Ugo and Mbagaramba were Igbo.

I could bet my last cent that the jackass named nasoeb is a byproduct of slavery.

Again for umpteenth time, Biafra was not a republic of Igbo land. Biafra was eastern region of Nigeria. I have no doubts you know your geography and what acreage constituted eastern region of Nigeria.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nduchucks: 7:24pm On Sep 22, 2011
Dede1:

Again for umpteenth time, Biafra was not a republic of Igbo land. Biafra was eastern region of Nigeria. I have no doubts you know your geography and what acreage constituted eastern region of Nigeria.

Which Biafra are you referring to here, the one that seccessionists hoped for or imagined? Eastern region of the great Federal Republic of Nigeria, was made up of Igbo land and several other areas. I don't believe a majority of the Ijaws agreed to your seccession pact. no?
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ezeagu(m): 7:32pm On Sep 22, 2011
Obiagu1:

I said I won't comment here but this issue of giving someone land to settle and after so many years you came back and say they (the settlers) don't own the land is what I find hard to agree with. Ownership has changed hands; nothing more, nothing less. The settler cannot claim beyond what was given to them but at the same time cannot relinquish the land they've lived on for years.
They can't be sacked from the land, not possible.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Arochukwu and Ibibio past? grin
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ezeagu(m): 7:35pm On Sep 22, 2011
nasoeb:
igbos will continue to be slaves   

Says the guy from Bonny.

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Dede1(m): 7:46pm On Sep 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Which Biafra are you referring to here, the one that seccessionists hoped for or imagined? Eastern region of the great Federal Republic of Nigeria, was made up of Igbo land and several other areas. I don't believe a majority of the Ijaws agreed to your seccession pact. no?

Of course, the Biafra you know since you suckled your mother’s breast. I guessed you also believed the majority or lack thereof Ndigbo agreed to the Biafra’s secessionist pact. It will not surprise you to hear the son of the so-called Ijo gave the name, Biafra, to eastern region of Nigeria. Believe all you want but never stride to become a lazy scholar.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by seanet02: 7:55pm On Sep 22, 2011
We dey watch ooooo
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Obiagu1(m): 7:58pm On Sep 22, 2011
ezeagu:

I wonder if this has anything to do with Arochukwu and Ibibio past? grin

Not really but that could be used as an example including Opobo; I heard it used to be Ibibio territory.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 8:26pm On Sep 22, 2011
Arochukwu used to be Ibibio territory but Aro Igbos took it over. The Ibibios left in Arochukwu got absorbed into the larger Igbo population but you still have Ibibio influences and cultures fused together now with the Igbos of Aro. There are also parts of present Efik-Ibibio land that used to be populated originally by the Igbo but both the Igbo and Ibibio are very educated and successful and have enough land and don't quarrel over that in 2011. We are not landless like the Ijo.

Arochukwu is now Igbo land. Ibom is a village in Aro. The name is clearly Ibibio like AwkaIBOM.
Opobo na Igbo town.

Like Obiagu said, the day trouble making miscreants like Naesob take their madness to our doorstep is the day we will assert our ownership of the Island of Opobo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iFssQMte68 Nwaotam event in Opobo and Bonny island is clearly an Igbo dominated event.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nduchucks: 8:47pm On Sep 22, 2011
Dede1:

Of course, the Biafra you know since you suckled your mother’s bosom. I guessed you also believed the majority or lack thereof Ndigbo agreed to the Biafra’s secessionist pact. It will not surprise you to hear the son of the so-called Ijo gave the name, Biafra, to eastern region of Nigeria. Believe all you want but never stride to become a lazy scholar.

Are you trying to tell me that an Ijaw gave the name Biafra to Eastern Region after the secession was declared or that secessionists chose to use the name Biafra to declare that the whole eastern region including Ijawland (mind you the Ijaws did not share your seccession dreams) is breaking away from our great Federal republic?

My understanding is that the name Bight of Biafra has been in existence since the 1800's and the secessionist, lacking the gift of originality, decided to call their 'Area of Dream' Biafra. ko kwa?
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2011
A thread of BINI AND IJAW

NOW IS IGBO AND IJAW

how did igbo get into this
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 8:57pm On Sep 22, 2011
alj_harem:

A thread of BINI AND IJAW

NOW IS IGBO AND IJAW

how did igbo get into this
Go to page 2 and read ow11 and Ibime's posts, then come back and answer your own question.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Obiagu1(m): 9:27pm On Sep 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Are you trying to tell me that an Ijaw gave the name Biafra to Eastern Region after the secession was declared or that secessionists chose to use the name Biafra to declare that the whole eastern region including Ijawland (mind you the Ijaws did not share your seccession dreams) is breaking away from our great Federal republic?

My understanding is that the name Bight of Biafra has been in existence since the 1800's and the secessionist, lacking the gift of originality, decided to call their 'Area of Dream' Biafra. ko kwa?

I've told you if you know nothing, better seal your lips else you'll keep exposing yourself.

The name Biafra has been in existence but was suggested by an Ijaw man as the name of the new country after so many other names were considered.
Just move on, you know nothing about Eastern Nigeria.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 9:56pm On Sep 22, 2011
Posted by: ndu_chucks

My understanding is that the name Bight of Biafra has been in existence since the 1800's and  the secessionist, lacking the gift of originality, decided to call their 'Area of Dream' Biafra. ko kwa?

ndu_chucks, you are not really an intelligent guy walahi.
You are just an "atulu" -rago. You lack basic comprehension and basic human decency. All you know about is to stoke ethnic misunderstanding everywhere in southern Nigeria, with the hope of stealing  back political power, hence our oil and mineral resources. angry
Yesterday you stoopidly put up a thread insinuating that Tinubu is being abused by the GEJ government, because it would work well in denying GEJ some support from the Yorubas. You didn't even care about the cause of fighting corruption in your Utopian "great Federal republic"; a federal republic of thieves, mass murderers and pimps like you. Eeeediot. angry

Only a foolish southerner would use your words any other way than to wipe his nyash.  cool
Atulu awusa.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 10:02pm On Sep 22, 2011
And BTW ndu_chucks,

Nigeria will disintegrate, and we will stop you from stealing our resources.
The factors that will disintegrate Nigeria are FAR BEYOND your mental capacity. The horses have since left the barnyard.
And while you are chewing on my words, go tell your brother Auwal and Abu-maryam that they should drop their Arewa nation dreams,  . .  and make sure you go armed, else they would put a neat bullet up your cow @ss. cool
Anuofia.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by kpogede77: 10:33pm On Sep 22, 2011
I want to appeal to all southerners in this thread to be careful of Hausa Fulani antics of promoting hatred among southerners to suggest to us that Nigeria must be one. They purposely created the problem between Ijaw and Itsekiri to divide and rule. The Ijaws where loved by the Itsekiris to the extent that the Ijaws have their representative in the Olu of Warri palace. They were seen as brothers even though they were much primitive but the Hausa sow the seed of hatred. Not withstanding, this is the time for us to stand behind GEJ and repel our common enemy and not a time to identify our weakness, even though we know that land grabbing is the weakness of the Ijaws, let us not over emphasize their weakness now as timing is a very important aspect of human life. The timing for this argument is wrong otherwise I would have provided indisputable fact to prove to our Ijaw brothers that Gele gele is a Bini land just the way Ekewan is a Bini land. I have Ijaw cousins who are from Gelegele. The Ijaws in Gelegele are not of the same origin. We have rivers, delta and Balyesa there. Most of them are Egbema Ijaw. Ijaws and Itsekiris have lived in Ekewan for over 200 years but that doesn't mean they should create a kingdom in another mans land. I don't want to comment further but mind you, Ndu chucks and others are here for a different purpose. I advise we close this thread.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 10:41pm On Sep 22, 2011
kpogede77:

I want to appeal to all southerners in this thread to be careful of Hausa Fulani antics of promoting hatred among southerners to suggest to us that Nigeria must be one. They purposely created the problem between Ijaw and Itsekiri to divide and rule. The Ijaws where loved by the Itsekiris to the extent that the Ijaws have their representative in the Olu of Warri palace. They were seen as brothers even though they were much primitive but the Hausa sow the seed of hatred. Not withstanding, this is the time for us to stand behind GEJ and repel our common enemy and not a time to identify our weakness, even though we know that land grabbing is the weakness of the Ijaws, let us not over emphasize their weakness now as timing is a very important aspect of human life. The timing for this argument is wrong otherwise I would have provided indisputable fact to prove to our Ijaw brothers that Gele gele is a Bini land just the way Ekewan is a Bini land. I have Ijaw cousins who are from Gelegele. The Ijaws in Gelegele are not of the same origin. We have rivers, delta and Balyesa there. Most of them are Egbema Ijaw. Ijaws and Itsekiris have lived in Ekewan for over 200 years but that doesn't mean they should create a kingdom in another mans land. I don't want to comment further but mind you, Ndu chucks and others are here for a different purpose. I advise we close this thread.

are u drunk

so u prefered to be wiped out by the ijaw rather than keep nigeria as one.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 10:51pm On Sep 22, 2011
Posted by: alj_harem

are u drunk

The idea of any group wiping out another in Southern Nigeria is only a myth invented by your thieving brother ndu_chucks to foment divide and rule in Southern Nigeria. There is no historical evidence to support that.
Wiping out tribes different from yours is a known military strategy of the North. Your brother Murtala Muhammad did that in 20th century Anioma and Onitsha. So, don't foist your evil culture on the rest of us.

Despite all these Ijaw gra gra here, they have NEVER fought any war against Igbo or other neighbors/groups. I would not call Ijaw-Itshekiri fracas a WAR. You, on the other hand, had several wars in the North; one of which saw a tiny desert cattle rearing group called the Fulani colonizing their Hausa (and to some extent Kanuri) tribes, till TODAY.
Such a thing NEVER happened in Southern Nigeria. So, go figure.  undecided

We will always point out you Northern wolves hiding in Southern Nigeria, like you hiding in Lagos and claiming to be a Lagos Awori.  cool
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 11:00pm On Sep 22, 2011
Ndu Chuks,

worry about herding sheep and cattle not our squabbles with our cousins. You know nothing about Biafra you dimwit. It was an Ijaw who suggested the name Biafra. I believe a Frank Opigo.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nduchucks: 11:00pm On Sep 22, 2011
Obiagu1:

I've told you if you know nothing, better seal your lips else you'll keep exposing yourself.

The name Biafra has been in existence but was suggested by an Ijaw man as the name of the new country after so many other names were considered.
Just move on, you know nothing about Eastern Nigeria.

It took a single (only ONE) Ijaw man to name your new 'country' biafra and this Ijaw man did not come up with any original name, ko? bery bery good.  How come Ijaws fought against secession on the side of the federal troops? The fact that an ijaw man named your 'country' does not mean Ijaws consider themselves as biafrans back then. olodo

Onlytruth, please stop speaking for Ndigbo, you are disgracing us and every other Igbo from elsewhere. Keep beating war drums from the comfort of your air conditioned rented room in California. Your rants are equivalent to a snail screaming that he will bite a crocodile and tear its skin off. dan tselewa.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 11:05pm On Sep 22, 2011

Onlytruth, please stop speaking for Ndigbo, you are disgracing us and every other Igbo from elsewhere. Keep beating war drums from the comfort of your air conditioned rented room in California. Your rants are equivalent to a snail screaming that he will bite a crocodile and tear its skin off. dan tselewa.

You are a goat. FULLSTOP.

Now, head back to the desert. BTW I'm chilling in my mansion in Nnewi. cool
Yes, there is internet here. I dare you to say the same thing about your thatch hut in Gashua.
Anu mpama.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nduchucks: 11:07pm On Sep 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

Now, head back to the desert. BTW I'm chilling in my mansion in Nnewi. cool
Yes, there is internet here. I dare you to say the same thing about your thatch hut in Gashua.
Anu mpama.

Aww, ndo o. Did I hit a soft spot? cheesy
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 11:09pm On Sep 22, 2011
LOL I was waiting for you here, you coward. You posted your usual lies and ran away like your brother did at Abangana.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nduchucks: 11:12pm On Sep 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

LOL I was waiting for you here, you coward. You posted your usual lies and ran away like your brother did at Abangana.

lol. I don't have to tell tales to expose your likes.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 11:12pm On Sep 22, 2011
BTW ndu_chucks, you can see my house from google satellite map. cool

Can I see yours?  cheesy grin

If you cannot show me your TOWN, never mind your home, then, you are not even qualified to comment on this thread.

I'm only guiding back gullible Southerners, to alert them to your idiotic schemes here.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ezeagu(m): 11:21pm On Sep 22, 2011
alj_harem:

are u drunk

"Southerners" don't "wipe out", they acculturate.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nduchucks: 11:23pm On Sep 22, 2011
Onlytruth:

BTW ndu_chucks, you can see my house from google satellite map. cool

I'm only guiding back gullible Southerners, to alert them to your idiotic schemes here.

You are guiding gullible southerners? Why must you belittle your people like this. If I didn't know better I would have concluded that your people are quite daft if it would take you to guide them. My people would refer to your case  as Gurgu ba shi koiya gurgu taffia (the blind lead the blind)
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 11:26pm On Sep 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

You are guiding gullible southerners? Why must you belittle your people like this. If I didn't know better I would have concluded that your people are quite daft if it would take you to guide them. My people would refer to your case  as Gurgu ba shi koiya gurgu taffia (the blind lead the blind)

Kai aboki grin grin grin grin grin No kill person for here
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 11:26pm On Sep 22, 2011
@topic,

I would warn Ijaw and Bini and any other Southern Nigerian tribes that they are wasting their time  and energy arguing over the issue of land. As long as Nigeria remains one, there will ALWAYS be such fracas. They would stop only after we have chased the Hausa/Fulani away and built a 20 meters high fence to separate North and South; only then can we have true peace. Heck we can't even have a SNC because Aboki refused. But we would have it after chasing them away and separating from them.

So, if you have a bullet, save it for the right enemy. It ain't time yet.  cool
Signing off,
Yours truly,

Onlytruth.  cool cool cool
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Ibime(m): 12:01am On Sep 23, 2011
The whitewashing of history by the likes of Dede is simply laughable.

I was reading on the internet when I stumbled across an interview with a slave woman from Umahia who was owned by my great-grandfather Chief John George (pure Ijaw man).

It is simply laughable to claim that slave owners were Igbo. It is well known that significant portion of Nembe and Akassa are descendant from slaves. Pray tell, who owned them?

The only difference between Ijaw-owners and Igbo slave-owners is that slaves to Ijaw become part of the family whilst slaves to Igbo become Osu.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 12:24am On Sep 23, 2011
Posted by: Ibime

The whitewashing of history by the likes of Dede is simply laughable.

I was reading on the internet when I stumbled across an interview with a slave woman from Umahia who was owned by my great-grandfather Chief John George (pure Ijaw man).

It is simply laughable to claim that slave owners were Igbo. It is well known that significant portion of Nembe and Akassa are descendant from slaves. Pray tell, who owned them?

The only difference between Ijaw-owners and Igbo slave-owners is that slaves to Ijaw become part of the family whilst slaves to Igbo become Osu.

Not true. They became "ohu" or "oru". Not the same as Osu.
But, like I said, lets drop this topic and move on.
Aren't you even curious why this thread has remained here in Politics sections, instead of the usual "Secessionist, Racism and Tribalism" section?
Folks should really be smarter than this, honestly.
Move on bro. It is well. cool
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nduchucks: 12:29am On Sep 23, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Ibime

But, like I said, lets drop this topic and move on.
Aren't you even curious why this thread has remained here in Politics sections, instead of the usual "Secessionist, Racism and Tribalism" section?
Folks should really be smarter than this, honestly.
Move on bro. It is well. cool

hehehe, caught in a white lie and wishes to drop the topic and move on. Typical

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply)

Lere Olayinka Drinks With Friends As Sheriff Loses At Supreme Court (Photos) / Tinubu Breaks Silence On Attacks On Fashola, Speaks On Relationship With Ex-lago / Nigerian Army Nabs Fake General Alleged To Be Boko Haram Sponsor (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.