Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid (42563 Views)

Edo 2024: Philip Shaibu Declares Governorship Bid Under PDP / Why They Are Calling Me Omo - Ale - Gbadebo Rhodes - Vivour (GRV) / New Pictures Of Sanusi At His Lagos Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by NoToPile: 3:01pm On Mar 09, 2023
Misterdhee1:

Can you tell us where you’ve worked and in what capacity? Anyone can combine ideas from different sources and make promises based on that. Where and how have you showed your capacity? Your resume doesn’t say much beyond being a graduate of MIT which any average person born with ‘silver spoon’ can achieve.

I think this is the 3rd time the bolded has been asked on this thread in different forms and he has not answered.

3 Likes

Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by benji93: 3:36pm On Mar 09, 2023
I am sorry Mr, this is a rather generic answer that anyone can suggest. A high school graduate may be able to come up with this.

How do you intend to achieve power generation and transmission in Lagos, independent of Nigeria?

What combination of methods do you hope to use? How do you hope to finance it? Bear in mind this is not the only thing you are promising to do.

I am assuming you intend to achieve some success in a term if given. What do you expect to have achieved by the end of the first term?

Please provide a more comprehensive answer.
GRVLagos:

1. A key part of my administration is independent transmission and generation of power in Lagos

2. Parts of ogun state don't need to join lagos, improvement of transport links and partnership with the federal and ogun state governments can make this happen, in the end we are all nigerians and plans that benefit us all. there's alot of land in badagry and other areas for this to work to build residential areas. What needs to be done is to spread out development and urbanisation. Also proper humane mass housing with availability to alot of people will be a priority.

3 Likes

Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by Gift96: 3:40pm On Mar 09, 2023
Beremx:
I don't have any questions for him. He's already on his way to Alausa.
Oga GRV, I want to be your special assistant on nairaland affairs if you eventually win. God bless you your Excellency

😁😁😎😎😁😁💃💃

grin grin me Sef dey here ooo 100%
Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by oyetpel(m): 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2023
GRVLagos:
I have been weighing my words carefully but people, I am a proud yoruba man, who comes from a family of indigenous Lagosians , and we can trace our history for 100s of years, and yes my mother is igbo, and I take no shame at all in that part of my heritage, my parents have been happily married for over 40 years. We have many great Nigerians of mixed heritage, the current governor of osun state also has an igbo mother and his yoruba heritage isn't called into question. I love being Yoruba.

There is no igbo takeover going on in Lagos, and it's a dangerous and unfair thing to insinuate, LP won lagos convincingly during the presidential elections, and all people of all tribes voted for LP , even winning apc strongholds like alimosho cause we all recognized the need for a better Nigeria, some powers that be know this and think the smartest way to hide their failures is to then make it tribal split, instead of focusing on policy and how the government can work to make the lives better of all Lagosians.

Now to explain my heart, I will admit sometimes some of my words look bad without a larger picture but I know my heart, the problem of making nigeria work for all Nigerians has been in my heart from time, Nigeria as is , is not working for the vast majority of people be it tribe, social class or religion
[url]https://thehopefulnigerian./2016/07/26/how-can-multi-ethnic-tension-be-managed-in-multi-ethnic-societies-like-nigeria/ [/url] here's a 2016 blog I wrote about it

I said it on multiple times on different platforms , that the detention and demonization of Sunday Adeyemo wasn't right and the government needs to address what led to him rallying our people to defend themselves, that while he isn't perfect his actions were a response to a bigger problem.

Omoo, that your Afonja meme was not nice at all.
As an integrity citizen, can you avail us your Nairaland moniker before you created this new one?
Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by Benbellamor: 4:17pm On Mar 09, 2023
My Question again Sir
also comes with a suggestion,

How do you want to address the Growing Trend of Yahoo-yahoo Scammers among the youths in Lagos? The successive Government in Lagos including Sanwo Olu have always evade and did nothing about building up the youth in respect to providing them with enabling environment to study after school,

They would rather Build hotels that is affordable by yahoo boys thereby causing social manace to the society through their fraudulent scams,

I Suggest that you should make it a priority(Gods grace when you eventually win) to Build at Least 2 Equiped tecnological Libraries in Each LGA so that our youths will have alternative ways to make reseach study well and exposed to other Legit ways to make money and benefit not only theirself but their society as well

Again, Thank you and God help you sir
Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by Stevebuffet: 4:26pm On Mar 09, 2023
In my opinion, GRV is a man with such humility that he will make a great leader. I had assumed he had just begun to get momentum as a result of PO, so when I saw that he had actually been conducting loads of interviews long before, I was absolutely floored. He exudes an air of sincerity, has clear beliefs, and cares deeply about others. Even with his extremely hectic schedule, you can tell that he had to join Nairaland just to answer questions and receive people's opinions. This kind of leader, one who seeks to understand the thoughts of his people and what they think of him in general, is perhaps the kind of leader that we all want. Not one that takes instruction from a ‘Big god’

He has made some unfortunate and controversial statements in the past I believe, but you would concur with me that the human mind changes. I can recall that I used to be quite tribalistic, but after a few years, I now believe I am the most detribalized person on the earth. Only an ignorant mentality is impervious to change.

The only thing about him that really impressed me was his intellectual prowess and his concept for a new Lagos. This person is compassionate, and to top it off, he will be accountable to the people rather than any godfather.

And I sincerely hope he doesn't deactivate his account after winning because real governance is about partnership with the people- the people in power does not know it all, not what we see in Nigeria, where one individual would be in the executive branch and give orders without consulting the populace. if individuals are the focus of the initiatives and policies. Why not actively involve the populace? I believe he made a good first impression by creating a Nairaland account, and I hope he keeps it up so that Lagosians like myself may provide him with feedback. I'm relieved to learn that this man is incredibly responsive and that he manages his own social media accounts. I'm not exactly a young person, but I believe GRV has what it takes to advance Lagos State. He has my whole trust!

GRV you have my vote!

4 Likes

Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by oyetpel(m): 4:30pm On Mar 09, 2023
Stevebuffet:
In my opinion, GRV is a man with such humility that he will make a great leader. I had assumed he had just begun to get momentum as a result of PO, so when I saw that he had actually been conducting loads of interviews long before, I was absolutely floored. He exudes an air of sincerity, has clear beliefs, and cares deeply about others. Even with his extremely hectic schedule, you can tell that he had to join Nairaland just to answer questions and receive people's opinions. This kind of leader, one who seeks to understand the thoughts of his people and what they think of him in general, is perhaps the kind of leader that we all want. Not one that takes instruction from a ‘Big god’

He has made some unfortunate and controversial statements in the past I believe, but you would concur with me that the human mind changes. I can recall that I used to be quite tribalistic, but after a few years, I now believe I am the most detribalized person on the earth. Only an ignorant mentality is impervious to change.

The only thing about him that really impressed me was his intellectual prowess and his concept for a new Lagos. This person is compassionate, and to top it off, he will be accountable to the people rather than any godfather.

And I sincerely hope he doesn't deactivate his account after winning because real governance is about partnership with the people- the people in power does not know it all, not what we see in Nigeria, where one individual would be in the executive branch and give orders without consulting the populace. if individuals are the focus of the initiatives and policies. Why not actively involve the populace? I believe he made a good first impression by creating a Nairaland account, and I hope he keeps it up so that Lagosians like myself may provide him with feedback. I'm relieved to learn that this man is incredibly responsive and that he manages his own social media accounts. I'm not exactly a young person, but I believe GRV has what it takes to advance Lagos State. He has my whole trust!

GRV you have my vote!

Bought account

1 Like

Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by Benbellamor: 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2023
Stevebuffet:

GRV you have my vote!
Seconded
Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by Fucklove(m): 6:53pm On Mar 09, 2023
@GRVLagos

Good evening the incoming, Quick question.

Hope you won't leave this forum and its Massive group of supporters that has done incredibly well in marketing your candidacy after a successful handover?

Best wishes sir.

1 Like

Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by Misterdhee1(m): 6:59pm On Mar 09, 2023
NoToPile:

I think this is the 3rd time the bolded has been asked on this thread in different forms and he has not answered.

Exactly. Kinda funny how someone with a 40 year old with limited professional experience just wanna ride on discontent with the ruling class to power. The resume flying around on the internet shows that dude has only worked twice in his life - both times as an intern. That’s mediocre at best for an MIT graduate.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by oluchi557(f): 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2023
Have you held any political post before,if yes, what post is that

2 Likes

Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by TraffyLaw: 7:24pm On Mar 09, 2023
This thread has equally disappointed me and equally pleasantly delighted me
We don’t think in this country and that’s why we are too easily exploited and use
Think think
So many of us lament at how bad things are and we still play into wicked politicians who use tribe to divide us
The last 8 years under apc has been the worst under democracy
The state capture and corruption in lagos is terrible
And now we have a candidate who has considerable education pedigree and compassion and we still want to run back to those who have made us suffer instead of grabbing a great opportunity
When they shot young people at the toll gate they didn’t divide us by tribe
When they closed the border and general bad economic policy ruined our economy the suffering was not experienced differently by lagosians based on tribe
I stand by that lagos and Nigeria need a change , and desperately so and we need to start supporting people who can bring it instead of holding on to the wicked old order who have impoverished and oppressed us

2 Likes

Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by Seun(m): 7:56pm On Mar 09, 2023
Misterdhee1:
Exactly. Kinda funny how someone with a 40 year old with limited professional experience just wanna ride on discontent with the ruling class to power. The resume flying around on the internet shows that dude has only worked twice in his life - both times as an intern. That’s mediocre at best for an MIT graduate.
The main thing is to have leaders who actually listen to what we need. The actual running of the state govt is done by the Lagos civil service.

4 Likes

Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by Godspikin: 10:05pm On Mar 09, 2023
GRVLagos:
I have been weighing my words carefully but people, I am a proud yoruba man, who comes from a family of indigenous Lagosians , and we can trace our history for 100s of years, and yes my mother is igbo, and I take no shame at all in that part of my heritage, my parents have been happily married for over 40 years. We have many great Nigerians of mixed heritage, the current governor of osun state also has an igbo mother and his yoruba heritage isn't called into question. I love being Yoruba.

There is no igbo takeover going on in Lagos, and it's a dangerous and unfair thing to insinuate, LP won lagos convincingly during the presidential elections, and all people of all tribes voted for LP , even winning apc strongholds like alimosho cause we all recognized the need for a better Nigeria, some powers that be know this and think the smartest way to hide their failures is to then make it tribal split, instead of focusing on policy and how the government can work to make the lives better of all Lagosians.

Now to explain my heart, I will admit sometimes some of my words look bad without a larger picture but I know my heart, the problem of making nigeria work for all Nigerians has been in my heart from time, Nigeria as is , is not working for the vast majority of people be it tribe, social class or religion
[url]https://thehopefulnigerian./2016/07/26/how-can-multi-ethnic-tension-be-managed-in-multi-ethnic-societies-like-nigeria/ [/url] here's a 2016 blog I wrote about it

I said it on multiple times on different platforms , that the detention and demonization of Sunday Adeyemo wasn't right and the government needs to address what led to him rallying our people to defend themselves, that while he isn't perfect his actions were a response to a bigger problem.

1. What exactly did you mean when you used the despicable word Afonja

2. What were you trying to say when you commented "Classic Yoruba behaviour" on a post about baba Adeboye?

2 Likes

Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by Godspikin: 10:07pm On Mar 09, 2023
Seun:
The main thing is to have leaders who actually listen to what we need. The actual running of the state govt is done by the Lagos civil service.

I am disappointed in your person bro.

Are you trying to say experience doesn't matter?

Honestly, it would have been better you were neutral in all of this.

6 Likes

Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by Godspikin: 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2023
oyetpel:

Omoo, that your Afonja meme was not nice at all.
As an integrity citizen, can you avail us your Nairaland moniker before you created this new one?

You wanna check something?... He will never drop it bro.
Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by BeardedmeatR(m): 10:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
khalling2008:

Igbo christians hate Muslims with 95% hatred while 5% is for the love of worldly gain affairs. Check their comment here from when the internet has started in Nigeria. They called northern Muslims different abusive names everyday.
Goat.
Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by Misterdhee1(m): 12:10am On Mar 10, 2023
Seun:
Can you give the day-to-day administration of Nairaland to someone whose only experience is working as an intern in almost 15 years of post-graduate life?? If you can, I have good candidates with great listening skills to recommend abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by CodeTemplar: 2:30am On Mar 10, 2023
Misterdhee1:

discontent is a very good reason to aspire if you don't know. Projects in Lagos generally go for over 5 times the known Intl benchmarks. That's means 5 times what is being delivered as social amenities could have been delivered but the looting margin has been institutionalized to accommodate godfathers, personal pocket of public office holders and more. Zelensky of Ukraine is just 45 and came in at sound 40 years old.
Treadeau of Canada too, Macron of France too. At Tinubu current age can you tell use his experiences as at 40 that in senate or as governor?
Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by CodeTemplar: 2:35am On Mar 10, 2023
Misterdhee1:

Can you give the day-to-day administration of Nairaland to someone whose only experience is working as an intern in almost 15 years of post-graduate life?? If you can, I have good candidates with great listening skills to recommend abeg.
how did Zelensky of Ukraine, Treadeau of Canada, or Macron of France gain experience to runtop world economies and powers?
All the experience of these so called "performers" of yours still leaves them awarding major project contracts at excess of 5 times the going cost, so what is their area of experience exactly?

What we need now is inexperience and structureless parties. Those agberos we saw harassing voters are part and parcel of some political party structures and eat from the state purse directly or indirectly. What has experienced done as regard taming those obvious menaces?
The police too who turned a blind eye while thugs operated are part of this structure of darkness that impedes the state's progress development.
Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by Misterdhee1(m): 2:44am On Mar 10, 2023
CodeTemplar:
how did Zelensky of Ukraine, Treadeau of Canada, or Macron of France gain experience to runtop world economies and powers?
All the experience of these so called "performers" of yours still leaves them awarding major project contracts at excess of 5 times the going cost, so what is their area of experience exactly?

What we need now is inexperience and structureless parties. Those agberos we saw harassing voters are part and parcel of some political party structures and eat from the state purse directly or indirectly. What has experienced done as regard taming those obvious menaces?
The police too who turned a blind eye while thugs operated are part of this structure of darkness that impedes the state's progress development.
You’re basically comparing apples to oranges. Ukraine is not Lagos. You know this unless you’re deceiving yourself. And saying Lagos is not totally working is you being being clever by half because the state is far better run than all the states in Nigeria combined. It is definitely not uhuru but Lagos is everything any state in Nigeria would dream to become.
Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by CodeTemplar: 2:44am On Mar 10, 2023
Godspikin:

I am disappointed in your person bro.

Are you trying to say experience doesn't matter?

Honestly, it would have been better you were neutral in all of this.
Under normal circumstance, the number ones don't need experience. Lagos wasn't an accountting book when Tinubu ran it.
Canada, France, Norway and Ukraine are run by young so called inexperience leader yet better. The state civil service have experienced hands at the top for a reason - top execute executive orders to perfection.
Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by Misterdhee1(m): 2:46am On Mar 10, 2023
CodeTemplar:
discontent is a very good reason to aspire if you don't know. Projects in Lagos generally go for over 5 times the known Intl benchmarks. That's means 5 times what is being delivered as social amenities could have been delivered but the looting margin has been institutionalized to accommodate godfathers, personal pocket of public office holders and more. Zelensky of Ukraine is just 45 and came in at sound 40 years old.
Treadeau of Canada too, Macron of France too. At Tinubu current age can you tell use his experiences as at 40 that in senate or as governor?
Tinubu worked in organizations of international reputes. Even at a much younger age, I have more hands on experience than this Gbadebo of a guy who’s literally been an intern all his life. You definitely know nothing about Tradeau for you to compare him with Gbadebo. Go check his resume online and come back to modify your comment.

1 Like

Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by CodeTemplar: 2:51am On Mar 10, 2023
Misterdhee1:

You’re basically comparing apples to oranges. Ukraine is not Lagos. You know this unless you’re deceiving yourself. And saying Lagos is not totally working is you being being clever by half because the state is far better run than all the states in Nigeria combined. It is definitely not uhuru but Lagos is everything any state in Nigeria would dream to become.
You have no idea what running a state should achieve. Lagos is an economic entity like France Ukraine and Canada. It has a govt like those, as a matter of fact it has no burden of military to eat its finance and like those govt is reputed to be 4th largest economy in Africa so stop saying I am comparing apples to oranges. Awarding inflated contract doesn't need experience to fix but innocence and honesty which GRV has. He doesn't have a hundred thousand Agberos to grease their palm and put on standby. He has no wasted dollar used to win primaries to recover. He has no adults thieving sons who want billions via crooked deals from state purse. We need inexperience at this point.
Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by CodeTemplar: 2:55am On Mar 10, 2023
Misterdhee1:

Tinubu worked in organizations of international reputes. Even at a much younger age, I have more hands on experience than this Gbadebo of a guy who’s literally been an intern all his life. You definitely know nothing about Tradeau for you to compare him with Gbadebo. Go check his resume online and come back to modify your comment.
You mean ihe worked on accounts books and used Microsoft excel or was making far reaching decisions that affects lives? And where has his experience landed us? he makes kings who award inflated contract at 5 times known cost elsewhere. Isn't it clear that's an experienced thief and not experienced accountant?
I insist, we need inexperience urgently.
Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by oyetpel(m): 3:35am On Mar 10, 2023
TraffyLaw:
This thread has equally disappointed me and equally pleasantly delighted me
We don’t think in this country and that’s why we are too easily exploited and use
Think think
So many of us lament at how bad things are and we still play into wicked politicians who use tribe to divide us
The last 8 years under apc has been the worst under democracy
The state capture and corruption in lagos is terrible
And now we have a candidate who has considerable education pedigree and compassion and we still want to run back to those who have made us suffer instead of grabbing a great opportunity
When they shot young people at the toll gate they didn’t divide us by tribe
When they closed the border and general bad economic policy ruined our economy the suffering was not experienced differently by lagosians based on tribe
I stand by that lagos and Nigeria need a change , and desperately so and we need to start supporting people who can bring it instead of holding on to the wicked old order who have impoverished and oppressed us

GRV talking
Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by oyetpel(m): 3:47am On Mar 10, 2023
CodeTemplar:

Don't compare him to Macron.
I only compare Obi to Macron

Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by solreb: 3:51am On Mar 10, 2023
CodeTemplar:

The police too who turned a blind eye while thugs operated are part of this structure of darkness that
impedes the state's progress development.
I think it is best that GRV start his practice of inexperience with Anambra or Enugu state since he is an halfcaste. Once we have assessed his excellent performance there, we will be the one that will invite him to come take over Lagos which is more complex and diversified.
Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by khalling2008: 6:12am On Mar 10, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Goat.
Pig
Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by CodeTemplar: 6:27am On Mar 10, 2023
solreb:

I think it is best that GRV start his practice of inexperience with Anambra or Enugu state since he is an halfcaste. Once we have assessed his excellent performance there, we will be the one that will invite him to come take over Lagos which is more complex and diversified.
It depends on which LGA in Osun Amoda Yekini Ogundare started his from. Everybody cannot be a drug dealer and king of boys.
Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:41am On Mar 10, 2023
khalling2008:

Pig
yoruba mooslim.
Re: Ask Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (GRV) Any Question About His Lagos Governorship Bid by khalling2008: 8:07am On Mar 10, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
yoruba mooslim.
Igbo Christian

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Why Marilyn Ogar, Was ‘Sacked’ - Premium Times / UK Terrorist Attack: Nigerians Slam PMB On Twitter / Kingsley Moghalu Loses At His Own Polling Centre.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.