Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,404 members, 7,830,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu (12034 Views)

Soludo Is The First Governor To Use Made In Nigeria Car As Official Vehicle / Mobolaji Johnson, The First Governor Of Lagos Is Dead / Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 10, 2023
Dismantle the Tinubu business empire,we need our Lagos state back,vote APC out of our state

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by AdamuKD: 5:55am On Mar 10, 2023
compton11:
That protest was planted by OSUs to destroy Yoruba Land,ask them why didnt go their states to protest.
You are not intelligent at all
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by 7arrows: 5:58am On Mar 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Lagos is not easy to govern, I believe he’ll do more . Sanwo Olu is not a violent man and if you think otherwise then bring your proof

He's not a violent man and we all agree. But he's been controlled by a man who is more than violent. So what are we talking about. He's my guy and I personally love him however IF A MAN IS DROWNING AND YOU WANT TO HELP HIM JUST BE SURE YOU ARE A GOOD SWIMMER OTHERWISE U BOTH WILL DROWN.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Butoneday2(m): 5:59am On Mar 10, 2023
And so fucking what grin shocked this will not change our mind we youths have made up ur minds to vote you guys out and bring in new faces into power. Even though the new faces do anyhow we'll change it for them. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by DMerciful(m): 5:59am On Mar 10, 2023
Are you in your state?

Besides, a Nigerian can stay anywhere
eleniyan2020:
go back to your state and tell that to your governors!

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Neddstark: 6:00am On Mar 10, 2023
Naira20:
Unfortunately, only f.ools will choose a Sanwo-olu over A GRV.

We will choose Sanwo-Olu and we are not fools. The politics you're trying to influence will backlash on your people.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by eldoradoxx: 6:00am On Mar 10, 2023
I don't believe that Lagosians should vote against Sanwo Olu on the basis of Endsars protest, no, rather they should vote against him to free Lagos from their clutch. The real boss has relocated to Abuja and his boys in Lagos should join him while a new person like GRV is given the task of building a new Lagos for the youths who are the majority.

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Doyou2019: 6:01am On Mar 10, 2023
Iamgrey5:
He was the only governor that identified with the Endsars movement from the onset.

Although, I don't necessarily understand why the youths wanted to end sars at the lekki tolgate not Police headquarters.

Simple : The military at the panels maintained that he invited them to Lagos. After that massacre, and the agbero suppression that went berserk, how could you expect the same youth to vote for such a man?
.If your brother was killed in the fracas, would you vote for him?
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by reddingtonblack: 6:03am On Mar 10, 2023
Naira20:
Meet them to do what?

You went on to make some mothers childless and still went on air to lie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiR7G1sqPR0

To discredit someone is liein it means you have the truth, it being 2 yrs plus the Endsars happen, if there were indeed casualties why is it taking forever to have names of the victims,

Lets even say the military made the body disappear, what about the families of these people, why as anyone not come out to share how there loved ones never returned after that days, by october it will be 3rd yr remembrance and we still don't have even a name to crest as our heroes for the movement. think about it
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Simplythebest: 6:13am On Mar 10, 2023
Obi is your problem sorry
Throwback:
Yes indeed.

Sanwo-Olu your problem is that you made yourself too available and too nice, that you did not see there was a political undertone to the valid protest against the useless Nigeria Police and their SARS unit.

I trust Peter Obi, even if dead bodies are dumped in Ezu River, e no go move body.

Infact, when summoned to attend the EndSARS panel in Anambra to shed more light on what happend while he was Governor, he rather went to court to prevent his appearance.

An enemy of the youth who never joined any protest.

Even his wife just confirmed that her husband love Court wahala.

Those who want your head are the same people who have made a fake messiah out of Peter Obi.

But I trust President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to revisit what happened at Awkuzu SARS, and bring justice to the families who never got the support of Peter Obi.

I remember that it was Tinubu who set up the Office of the Public Defender in Lagos.

Tinubu will surely unearth the buried ghosts of Awkuzu and locate James Nwafor wherever he has been told to hide by those who enabled him.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by francotunsco: 6:14am On Mar 10, 2023
I guess Dapo Abiodun of Ogun should have been the first to visit the scene or Akeredolu of Ondo?

Lets give Trophy to the first governor!

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by reddingtonblack: 6:14am On Mar 10, 2023
Doyou2019:

Simple : The military at the panels maintained that he invited them to Lagos. After that massacre, and the agbero suppression that went berserk, how could you expect the same youth to vote for such a man?
.If your brother was killed in the fracas, would you vote for him?

Oga shutup and stop spewing nonsense, No governor has power to order military around, if military are in Lagos the GCFR knows about it and what the military there, it is before the glare of public we saw a police officer tell Sanwo olu he cannot order them to leave the place except an order comes from above.

You cannot vote Sanwo olu that identified with the youths at endsar carrying placard and after october 20 make sure all victims were well compensated but you can Vote Peter Obi that watch endsars kill several youths in Akwuzu , you can Vote Peter Obi than obtained court injunction to stop the panel from looking into the killings of 35 youths dump in Akwuzu river. Naa thunder go strike your balls

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 6:14am On Mar 10, 2023
Who planted that camera that fashola removed from the wall?
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by chypotenti(m): 6:17am On Mar 10, 2023
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Godfullsam(m): 6:17am On Mar 10, 2023
Naira20:
The bolded is the reason he must give way for those who can do it without a kleptomaniac godfather.

If someone rehearses madness for 4years, how many years do you think it'll take to execute madness?

Sanwo-olu is dangerous and can't be trusted

Sanwo olu is far better than Peter Obi and that ipobic GRV nonsense you guys want to impose on Nigerians and Lagosians.
Anambra state witnessed cases of insecurities and there was a case of youths killed and dumped in a river during Peter Obi's tenure and he did nothing about it.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by donald101(m): 6:17am On Mar 10, 2023
You must be stupid .
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Passionate888: 6:17am On Mar 10, 2023
Throwback:

That was when it began to take a political tone.

The propaganda and fake deaths and lies were just too much, leading up to when the protest was cleared.

Yes there were deaths in trying to clear up the protest by a useless Police force, and a terribly indiscipline military. But the massacre claims was just political exaggerations.

Same Sanwo-Olu was even the first to go visit hospitals and confirmed that 2 people has died.

When you are too nice, you become a weakling that would be exploited by anarchists.

Have we asked ourselves why none of the celebrities remained in the protest ground after they had been told to disperse? I mean all the celebrities that were visiting and addressing protesters were not there at the time the military and police moved in to disperse the crowd.

But they are the most vocal in the aftermath and trying to pin the deadly outcome on Sanwo-Olu who fully embraced their pain and concerns.

Sanwo-Olu would surely learn from this episode.

You're contradicting yourself
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:19am On Mar 10, 2023
What does Sanwo-Olu have to say about the thuggery in Lagos State and the constant harassment of business owners and transporters by these thugs?

Can they be controlled? How?... If he believes he can't control them, as we've seen, then allow someone else

You should see the way these touts cause holdup just because they want to collect money... They don't even care if people in the holdup are complaining or not...

The LASTMA officials have become gods on Lagos road, allowing transporters to pack anyhow thereby causing gridlock, just because of the bribe they collect from them, look at Iyana-Ipaja roundabout and Megida busstops for example

If a governor cannot control those under him/working for him, then he's definitely a weakling... Sanwo-Olu can do better
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 6:20am On Mar 10, 2023
He was expecting the governor of Oyo, or Edo to come to Lagos and be the first to visit them?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by israelmao(m): 6:20am On Mar 10, 2023
And the first governor who invited soldiers to do bloody work.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Doyou2019: 6:21am On Mar 10, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Oga shutup and spewing nonsense, No governor has power to order military around, if military are in Lagos the GFCR know about it and what the military there, it is before the glare of public we saw a police officer tell Sanwo olu he cannot order them to leave the place except an order comes from above.

You cannot vote Sanwo olu that identified with the youths at endsar carrying placard and after october 20 make sure all victims were well compensated but you can Vote Peter Obi that watch endsar kill several youths in Akwuzu , you can Vote Peter Obi than obtained court injunction to stop the panel from looking into the killings of 35 youths dump in Akwuzu river.
Naa thunder go strike your balls
This propaganda don cast. You think Nigerians are fools to take Sanwo 's words over the military' s? Sense no dey una heads you miserable urchins.
The military were disgusted at the lies told that they weren't invited by LASG. A General blew this wicked lie to smithereens during the panels and there are videos to show for it.
What responsible leader invites soldiers to peaceful protests organised by innocent youths of his constituent?
The APC will rue this wickedness. We told them in 2020!
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by ghettochild(m): 6:21am On Mar 10, 2023
This governor is desperate ooooo
Same idiot that said no one died.... no1 was shot.
Na panic attack go kill am ooo..
No b do or die na...
Why him come dey do things now when election don reach..
He shdnt bother ooo
If he had done enough for lagos n lagosians, his work will put him bck in as governor.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Voiceofthestree: 6:21am On Mar 10, 2023
Throwback:
Sanwo-Olu joined the youths in protesting, and even took their demands directly to Aso Rock.

Sanwo-Olu, your enemies would never know peace.

They will pray, and God Almighty will answer their prayers.

Lo f'okan bale, you will be returned in a landslide victory.

Then remember those who you continue to work for but are politically useless.

Focus on Ikorodu, Badagry, Epe, Ifako Ijaiye, Alimosho.

Those are the people who love you but are angry you have abandoned them to please sophisticats who would never vote or are more interested that you do not tax them.

I repeat, those who are determined to exploit your kindness and gentle nature, would pray and God Almighty will answer their prayer.

If they now choose to take God to court for answering their own prayer, then you know they love Court palaver too much.
No evidence of massacre and them paid people right are you alright ??
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by freeborn02: 6:23am On Mar 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Lagos is not easy to govern, I believe he’ll do more . Sanwo Olu is not a violent man and if you think otherwise then bring your proof

But Sanwoolu is a tinubu puppet, a foreigner from ogun state.

Suddenly, your stupid self is assuming a condescending tone.

Why aren't you abusing igbos like you used to do.

Those same igbos and many enlightened yorubas and other tribes in lagos will vote massively for Gbadebo
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by KanwuliaExtra: 6:23am On Mar 10, 2023
After ORDERING THE KILLING OF SOME OF THEM! grin

Only in places like Nigeria will the JOBLESS MILITARY be used to terrorize peaceful protesters.

Shyte-Mouth!
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by ghettochild(m): 6:24am On Mar 10, 2023
Neddstark:
Sanwo olu did his best in Endsars
He went to the tollgate more than once to appeal to the protesters. He went to Abuja twice to seek Buhari's help in listening to the protesters demands.
When the endsars situation was getting out of hands, he issued a curfew. Everyone was supposed to go home and obey the order of the governor but some people who believed they are above the government stayed at the tollgate. Why is no one condemning the disobedience?
The biggest mistake he made was allowing the army to intervene. Nigerian army never intervenes well, our soldiers are eager to pull the trigger and score a bodybag. Some people were killed but the numbers were exaggerated. May their souls rest in peace.
Immediately after the shooting and Sanwo heard it went out of hands, he rushed to the hospitals and made sure the victims were given the best.
If i was governor during that period, i would have resigned out of pressure. But Babajide stood strong in the storm despite the pressures on every side. A real leader is the definition of Sanwo-Olu. His children should be proud of having such a father.

He will go n govern his children n extended relations.
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by shonepa(m): 6:24am On Mar 10, 2023
Dont come here and write what u dont even have a clue. Its like u read the news when u feel like.

I watch the news everyday since the ages of NTA channel 5, i also follow the news in real time. His actions during the endsars protest was the best he could have done.

Since when does the Governor have the power to summon the military. Or do think it was sanwo olus plan to put the military on the streets dis presidential election.

Do a research and stop saying what u heard from other people.

I see the reason most of u tried to destroy Lagos after the protest...eko oni baje

Naira20:
Meet them to do what?

You went on to make some mothers childless and still went on air to lie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiR7G1sqPR0
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Joezik(m): 6:24am On Mar 10, 2023
ronalmagic10:
Meanwhile peter obi was no where to be found. Instead he went and obtained a court order to prevent any scrutiny of his government activity.

Patrick agbazue a police officer along with some others killed many people in Anambra state and peter obi did not make any comment

Train collided with brt in Ikeja and peter obi rushed to make comment seeking to take advantage

Someone was killed for celebrating Tinubu victory in Anambra but peter obi didn't visit their family. A lawyer was killed after endsars for speaking up in support of buhari and peter obi didn't visit their family. Someone was stabbed by thugs on election day in Lagos and peter obi was the first to visit her to take pictures

Cunny man. Guess which church he will attend this Sunday and win a gift from me. Mind you he didn't attend any church last week o
you high.....
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Pray(m): 6:24am On Mar 10, 2023
So makinde should have come from Oyo to meet us in Lagos abi?
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Hangulsaram: 6:24am On Mar 10, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
He’s still better than the junky you want to vote for. It’s a pity if you allow a junky to play on your intelligence
Who do think/know he want to vote please?
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 6:25am On Mar 10, 2023
Scam lol
Re: EndSARS: I Was The First Governor To Meet Protesters - Sanwo-Olu by Natbrowny: 6:26am On Mar 10, 2023
First Governor to meet protesters in ur state? Is Olu normal.

He been dey expect make Kebbi State or Ebonyi state Governors be d first to come meet protesters abi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Doyin Okupe / PDP Gives INEC 24 Hour Ultimatum To Release The List Of Its Ad Hoc Staff / Presidential Taskteam On Restoration Of Law And Order In Apapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.